Additional Moves for Characters:

X Fatal Grace XX Fatal Grace X Joined: Posts: 232
Does anyone else feel that many characters could benefit from more "character specific" moves or options?
I feel there could be room to add some moves to characters and want to hear your opinions as well- if not as a future update in UMvC3, then in MvC4.

Off the top of my head:

~Benefit somehow from healing factor:
-Wolverine
-Deadpool
-X23

~Spider-man:
-wall cling option
-A use for Spider Sense: a move (via V.Joe) or a Super that slows time (via Ammy)

~Taskmaster
"I know your moves!!"
Edit: "I know your moves (mumbles) only if your Cap, Spidey, Hawkeye, or Black Knight!!!!!"
-Shades of old school Rogue, able to steal moves from opponent he is facing.. He is the master of thousands of moves, yet only copies a hand full of characters?

~Super Skrull
-more use of invisible woman's powers, the blocking bubble shield is it? Really?

Will add more later..these are just the few that came directly to me. Interested to see what others can add or come up with. Keep it true to character, use your imagination and have fun :)

Comments

• MysticRayMysticRay Mashes Dive Kick Until It Works. Joined: Posts: 4,732
    I actually love the idea of Spider Sense.
    It should be like Vale of Mist.
    UMVC3 Teams: Kawaiibrand/Skrub/Whackbot . Kawaiibrand/Dog/Skrub
    Lovez the chubbays and Dark Magician Fatty.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    That wouldn't make "sense" cause all team members would benefit from it despite not having spidey sense and it would still be activated when spidey tags out.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • MysticRayMysticRay Mashes Dive Kick Until It Works. Joined: Posts: 4,732
    That wouldn't make "sense" cause all team members would benefit from it despite not having spidey sense and it would still be activated when spidey tags out.

I was kinda vague on what I want. Anyway, Spider Sense could be a Vale of Mist HC that only works when Spider-man is on the field. Spidey "spawns" while wall-clinging on the top corner of the screen (if being DHC'ed into) (making him virtually safe from everything). He has about 7 or 8 seconds of slow-time before the move ends.
    UMVC3 Teams: Kawaiibrand/Skrub/Whackbot . Kawaiibrand/Dog/Skrub
    Lovez the chubbays and Dark Magician Fatty.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; Guesses right 100% of the time Joined: Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider Sense sounds like a counter move to me.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dormammu/Dante, Magneto/Dante/Frank West, M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
  • DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 888 ✭✭
    Spider Sense sounds like a counter move to me.
    Same. I always thought of as a dodge that leaves the opponent wide open for an attack if they swing at you. Maybe it could make them go slow motion for a second or two and they can't cancel into anything except maybe X-factor, and then you have the opportunity to attack them however way you want.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haggarcopter fly mode.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, we have a move exactly like the Spider-Sense you are describing. How often do you see Wesker use it, again?

I do agree with the part about Taskmaster. If nothing else, he should be able to do a Shoryuken. Also...
    Spoiler:
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    give everyone a Teleport
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • guiarroyosguiarroyos What kind of sorcery is this? Joined: Posts: 123
    Dr. Strange should have a float like Storm's, I think it would be better than an air dash. They should somehow implement these iconic magical spells like Mists of Munnopor, Vapors of Valtorr, Winds of Watoomb (maybe like Storm's Fair Wind/ Magneto's Repulsion?), Shield of Seraphim (his blocking should be this shield!). Also PLEASE they should fix his "Astral Magic - Daggers of Denak!". Those are the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak!
    Also if they give Strange an air dash they would nerf Impact Palm (otherwise we would have an infinite of fly IP air dash IP... because IP does not scale) destroying almost everything the community has discovered by far (flame loop included). Otherwise his air dash would be crappy slow, not able to cancel specials or in a way like Super-Skrull's air dash.
    UMvC3: Magneto - Dr. Strange - Dr. Doom
    SSFIVAE: Rose
    MK9: Rain - Ermac
    Injustice: Raven - Batman
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771
    Still waiting on Thor to throw his hammer.

I was also disappointed that Nova didn't have a non-hyper beam move, but the pulses are pretty unique and cool.

Spidey should definitely have a spider sense of some kind. Like a counter super with a cooler cinematic than all the other counter supers.

Deadpool should have sword normals, or a command normal that uses his sword.

Jill should use her guns more. Same with Trish. Same with Rocky.

I personally think Shuma's whole design should be reworked to something more super, super, "I eat entire universes in my down time" god like, instead of "I got tentacles, let's play."

I could make a whole list for the Marvel side of things, but even still I say that for the most part, they got everyone spot on.
  • X Fatal Grace XX Fatal Grace X Joined: Posts: 232

This- Hahahaha. Very large over site.
  • motion51motion51 Joined: Posts: 365 ✭✭
    nova beam could be :qcf::s:.

uses red health to boost speed and width of beam.
  • Brewski_420Brewski_420 Jumping S until it works. Joined: Posts: 181
    It seems like a lot of the characters are missing something or play differently than you think they would in comics but It's fine in my opinion. I think each and every character is unique enough and have their basic powers and abilities for how many characters there are. The game that is coming to mind is Injustice when it comes to making each character feel like they are THAT character but then again Injustice is most likely going to have around HALF the characters as Marvel.
    Yes, I am aware how stupid my name is but I am cursed to this name.
    UMVC3: Ghost Rider, Doctor Doom, Shuma-Gorath
    PSN: Brewski_420
    Guys, we have a move exactly like the Spider-Sense you are describing. How often do you see Wesker use it, again?

Why does Wesker need to use it?
    Why does Wesker need to use it?
    What would Spider-Man possibly get out of a counter? He spends most of the match in the air, anyway.
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
    What would Spider-Man possibly get out of a counter? He spends most of the match in the air, anyway.

Not so much a counter as an escape dodge. I don't see spider sense as a counter.. But what he could get out of it if it were a counter? Same thing any one else w/a counter can use it for.. An oh shit button to Biooooneeeiiiicccccccckkk arrrrrrrmmmmaaaahhhhhaa and other melee supers of the sort, of course :)
    Not so much a counter as an escape dodge. I don't see spider sense as a counter.. But what he could get out of it if it were a counter? Same thing any one else w/a counter can use it for.. An oh shit button to Biooooneeeiiiicccccccckkk arrrrrrrmmmmaaaahhhhhaa and other melee supers of the sort, of course :)
    But he already has Crawler Assault, and even Maximum Spider to an extent, for that. If we make it a dodge, then we run into another issue:
    How is anyone ever going to hit that smarmy little prick? If he's not zipping around the screen, now he's just going to dodge your attacks.
    But he already has Crawler Assault, and even Maximum Spider to an extent, for that. If we make it a dodge, then we run into another issue:
    How is anyone ever going to hit that smarmy little prick? If he's not zipping around the screen, now he's just going to dodge your attacks.

True to an extent on the first two points.

Second issue: two words- Viewtiful Joe :)
  • AKZuMAKZuM I Make Blizzards Joined: Posts: 97
    Ironman,Spider-man,Jill,Amaterasu,Vergil(lolvergil), and maybe a few others should get more moves

(Meteor smash = Invisible Woman+The Thing powers)
  • Roy LingoRoy Lingo The Fraud of Frauds Joined: Posts: 23
    I think Wesker should get a move where he shoots two bullets from the Samurai Edge.
    Professional: Spencer fraud, Vergil fraud, Dante fraud and Magneto fraud.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironman,Spider-man,Jill,Amaterasu,Vergil(lolvergil), and maybe a few others should get more moves

(Meteor smash = Invisible Woman+The Thing

Actually I believe meteor smash is more moving really fast than turning invisible, shit you can see him afterall.

I want my healing factors for applicable Marvel characters and a hulk smash mechanic. Nemesis could be reworked a bit too. Hit throws from deadly reach would be hot. Also better armor properties. Nemesis needs to be damn near psychic as things are.
  • charlie88charlie88 Devil Survivor is my $Hit....your friendly neighborhood NiGga Joined: Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there are characters who can't otg or can get up backed they need either some sort of unblockable or they need a way to deal damage without meter off a throw.
    A wild typical Nigga appeared...... Greninja use Job Application, Committment and Read A Book...... Its super effective..... The Wild Nigga fleed..... Win Quote: I must use the tools the white man has given us to protect our world from coonery and bafoonery
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget the name of it, but Dante's version of Round Trip from DMC3 would be really cool. It'd be a series of hits, more so than Vergil's that just kinda floats across the screen. And Dante's main weapon is Rebellion, so he would have almost none of his normals available.
    I am the one true frog.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; Guesses right 100% of the time Joined: Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second issue: two words- Viewtiful Joe :)
    V-Dodge isn't that good.

Unless that was your point?
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dormammu/Dante, Magneto/Dante/Frank West, M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
  • shinquickmanshinquickman Joined: Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    Characters not listed on this list are ones that already have a move I would want for them on someone else's list or characters I don't know or care enough about to make new moves.

Jill- Something like Hawkeye's jump+shoot move, but with a gun.
    Nemesis- A more limited Meteor Smash
    Phoenix Wright- A move dealing with Maya's sister (forgot her name)
    Chris- Horizontal air shot
    Frank- A move dealing with a shotgun
    Zero- Wall jump
    Ryu- f.HP from ST
    Tron- MVC2 Sattelites
    Akuma- Short teleports
    Haggar- Hammer-tossing from Final Fight 3

Shuma- A teleport
    Hawkeye- Wall-bouncing arrow
    Iron-Fist- Hundred Hand Slap-like move
    Rocket-Raccoon- A sort of camo-ambush move
    Captain America- s.FP from the old games
    Iron Man- A missile barrage hyper similar to War Destroyer
    Dr. Doom- Something involving magic
    Storm- A meter charging move in the air
    MODOK- S Air Psionic blast
    Sentinel- Eye beams
    Hulk- A ground move where Hulk does a sonic clap and negates projectiles
    Taskmaster- A move stolen from a Street Fighter.
    XBL Gamertag: shadowman2099
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,129
    Yeah Iron Man needs another hyper instead of two versions of the same shitty one.
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847
    Skrull needs an assist where he uses Invisible Woman's powers to make a shield. It would basically be MODOK's Big Barrier as an assist, but it lasts only about as long as Repulsor Blast (maybe a slight bit shorter) and Skrull is out the entire time, vulnerable to attack if the opponent jumps over the barrier. It's not instant either, so no lol-DP Assist, but it'd be a good way to stop people from starting pressure on someone like Dorm or Sentinel.
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

• Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    If you kill Magneto with 5 meters, he should turn into Onslaught.
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Dante/Vergil/Magneto
    PSN: davidyes
  • Benji41Benji41 Joined: Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Magneto with ouroboros. Similar to Vergil but,with metal surrounding him or his opponent.
    SSF4 AE 2012 Main:Guile,Dee Jay
    Back up:Balrog,Makoto
    UMVC3 Main:Mag,Storm,Task
    Back Up:Cap,Spencer,Nova
    Wow... Some good stuff here. I know different people are fans of different characters and can bring cool perspectives on each of them.

Keep it up people!
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Yeah Iron Man needs another hyper instead of two versions of the same shitty one.
    but..but... it's angled
  • The MartianThe Martian Web Designer. Joined: Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dormammu should have a super that alters reality and TOD's the other person's entire team
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
  • kantboy2kantboy2 Joined: Posts: 64
    Wolverine, X-23, Deadpool - Healing factor - Lvl 3 - gradual 20% life bar increase - 15% speed decrease while healing

Spider-man - Spider Sense - Lvl 1 - opponent slows down if hit, automatic deactivation if spidey tags out or gets hit
    Spectacular Spider-man - Lvl 3 - counter super - every hit a still-image like flash photograph with Spidey pose on last hit.

Nemesis - True Target - Lvl 1 - throws rocket launcher up into the air, gains 25% speed boost overall for 7 sec./loses rocket/rocket super for same amount of time. Rocket launcher drops back like Cap shield.
    A few frames of invincibility for his Lvl 3.

Jill - knee drop - L (down back)/M (down)/H (down fwd.)
    A new Lvl 1 Super like Spidey/X-23
    One of Us - Lvl 3 - similar to Gen Death Touch - opponent needle stabbed/gradual life decrease/stopped if Jill is hit or tagged out
    "Say NO to sharks!"
    V-Dodge isn't that good.

Unless that was your point?

Original point was: Spider-man is a smarmy little prick who is hard to hit. Why should he be given more tools to keep that up?

Cause V. Joe has them- why not Spidey?
    Original point was: Spider-man is a smarmy little prick who is hard to hit. Why should he be given more tools to keep that up?

Cause V. Joe has them- why not Spidey?
    Because Spider-Man is way faster in the air than Joe? It's a bit unfair to compare Joe's dive kicks and air dash to Spidey's Web Zips. Spider-Man moves much further, much faster.
  • SHAZAMforInjusticeSHAZAMforInjustice Stream Hero Joined: Posts: 94
    Change Hawkeye's defeat quote to "Not like this!"
    UMvC3:Captain America and friends Injustice:Shazam
    jak d ripr:"Although this has to be the first time someone has "liked" my post only to completely disagree with it, that s**t caught me off guard."
    Keyzerjose:"That's the mixup."
  • kantboy2kantboy2 Joined: Posts: 64
    Captain America - Hyper Shield Slash - Lvl 1 - 3 consecutive Shield Slashes accross screen/ first and last hits connect twice.

Thor - Hammer Spin - Thor's version of the Mega Buster - charges until thrown

Iron Man - Missile Launcher - L (crouching H animation/down forward) M (standing/forward) H (up forward)

Smart Bomb Barrage - Lvl 1 - 10 to 12 Smart Bombs thrown at up/forward angle travelling on arc. Hold L for 1/3 screen, M for 1/2 screen, H for 2/3 screen.

WMD - Lvl 1 - Iron Man's War Destroyer - 10 hits

new crouching H.
    "Say NO to sharks!"
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Misogi.gif
    Being able to do air dashes and an raging demon in the air like Oni would also be cool.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 729
    How bout we just put oni in the game? And take out Akuma? I like that idea better.
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
  • GodotsRevengeGodotsRevenge [HE] Joined: Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phoenix Wright could have a Magatama command grab in Investigation mode, actual attacks with Missile, and a desk slam OTG in Trial mode.
    That was a joke. Haha.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

This- Hahahaha. Very large over site.

Thor throws his hammer, he just holds onto it. Its called mighty strike.
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends and I have always said Doom should have a "Summon Doombot" hyper that works like Kitty Helper but with foot dives.
    Ota City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squads - Nova β Doom α Ammy β
    Side Projects - Magneto/Strange/Ammy, Nova/Vergil/Strange, Ammy/Strange/Vergil, others
    USF4: Juri (main), Guile (not a real American)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    UNIBEL: Hyde
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up u wot m9 Joined: Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
    Phoenix Wright could have a Magatama command grab in Investigation mode, actual attacks with Missile, and a desk slam OTG in Trial mode.

The desk slam OTG would look so slick
    My friends and I have always said Doom should have a "Summon Doombot" hyper that works like Kitty Helper but with foot dives.

Oh god. Best idea ever

I want Amaterasu to have more of her brush techs like Galestorm working like Fair/Foul Wind.

Iron man needs more weapons like homing missiles
    UMvC3 Mains: Nova/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu; Amaterasu/Strange/Dante(In-Training)
    USFIV: El Fuerte
    Aliases TBU: Dentalplan. Steamed Hams, Aunt Helga, Catsup, Rapmaster 2000, Boo-urns, Mr Snrub, Can'tsleepclownwilleatme

https://www.youtube.com/user/Dentalplaaaan
  • JBoffTheWallJBoffTheWall Joined: Posts: 19
    I think Dante and Vergil should have a tag team super that requires 5 bars. Also Dante with Quicksilver, Doppelganger, and Royal Guard as an actual move would be cool.
    I think Dante and Vergil should have a tag team super that requires 5 bars.
    NO.
  • JBoffTheWallJBoffTheWall Joined: Posts: 19
    NO.

Given the amount of meter they both already use it isn't really that bad. Even changes the meta when facing them in a team
    NO.

Given the amount of meter they both already use it isn't really that bad. Even changes the meta when facing them in a team
    I was mostly joking, but in all seriousness, there is zero reason to give them a tag team super, even if it is five meters. It would either end up totally useless or totally stupid, neither of which is desirable.

Besides, changes to this game should make it a little less ridiculous, not more.
  • SB MaximusSB Maximus Joined: Posts: 72
    edited April 2013
    Akuma:
    Able to demon flip cancel out of goushoryu
    Demon flip cancel out of tatsu
    Gets the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan super from 3rd strike.

Dormammu:
    2c hits otg
    fH becomes more durable
    Flame carpet becomes special cancelable
    Flight/unflight frames decrease

Vergil:
    slight base damage reduction
    increase DT time
    increase round trip durability
    increase hitsphere size of judgement cut

Ryu:
    Denjin-Hadouken instead of weird shinkuu in denjin mode.
    cr.L hits otg, for throw confirms
    faster walkspeed
    frame decrease for Hadouken startups.

Post edited by SB Maximus on
    PSN: Doeomo

Mainly Marvel. I'm trying to learn some SF too.