UMvC3 OTT: Fighting is magic? Such Heroic Nonsense!

Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Such Heroic Nonsense!Joined: Posts: 2,492 mod
Some general rules:

This thread is basically just a thread to talk and converse with other members from the Marvel 3 forums about things loosely or not at all related to the Marvel vs Capcom 3 series.
* Follow the general forum rules. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/read-me-first-mvc3-forum-rules-updated-2-25-11.101124/
* Keep everything in here safe-for-work
* Do not attack other people. If somebody annoys you, ignore them or put them on Ignore.
* No image-only or video-only posts
* Do not post the "Boss **** Theme" Video anymore, as it's against the SRK forum rules.
I am a mod and I have to uphold certain rules, Preppy warned you guys before, I give the final one.
Anyone who posts this will get an infraction

Why the hell do we have a Pony fighter in the works.. and not the greatest '80's franchise ever?!
250px-Megatron_loose_ends.jpg
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
Av by Savaii64
·

Comments

• dotsdfedotsdfe Joined: Posts: 2,315
    And...here we go again.
    ·
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭
    As suggested by Swedish Chef:

The new boss nigga in town.
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

New theme.

Deal with it
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
  • AntstyleAntstyle Joined: Posts: 3,950
    COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION!

...of the Zerg!

It seems a lot of Seth players online get really angry at losing to Dan, which is highly amusing.
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New theme.

Deal with it
    I'm scarred for life
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • DiscarnateDiscarnate Keep Calm and Don't Allow Them To Play Joined: Posts: 157
    >Buys Wii after buying a new moniter because it was really cheap, finally get a way to practice Brawl at home
    >Satisfied with the cheap price of 130 for the console
    >Looks around the console sees no gamecube ports, searches google thinking I'm an idiot
    >Discovers that the new "Family Edition Wii" is completely gamecube incompatible.

inuibyvtrctyuvbiouytre

Nintendo, you win this round.

First ever first page post pour moi
    I'm just Fraudlike
    UMvC3: Spy May Stride (alt: Zero/Doom/Phoenix)
    Melee/Brawl: Peach (M alt: Young Link) (Brwl alt: Falco) SF4: Viper (alts: Cammy/Yun) SFxT: Cammy x Lili
    Sometimes I need to be alone, Doom don't kill my vibe. - Play Melee its a good game. - Learning Skullbabes
    ·
  • AceKillahAceKillah #AizenFreed Joined: Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭

New theme.

Deal with it

That was always my theme for you Jolly :coffee:
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
    ·
  • EirokajEirokaj The Pad Warrior Joined: Posts: 907
    And what's wrong with ponies!? >:|
    Xbox One GT: RL Eirokaj
    + Killer Instinct: Sadira / T.J. Combo

Playstation Network ID: EiroHeart
    + USFIV: Guy | JJASB: Iggy / Lisa Lisa | UNIEL: Hilda

--

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Eirokaj
    ·
  • R4NS0MR4NS0M Come again Needle Noggin? Joined: Posts: 4,454 ✭✭
    Needs more Django.
    tumblr_mhn8mvupiP1rt6u7do1_r1_500.gif
    "It's online, it misses you and it's willing to hurt you to show that, Just like females" - Jamal313
    (with spell check assist)
    ·
  • trick82trick82 Row! Row! Fight da Powah! Joined: Posts: 840
    H0xHStZ.gif
    Well in that case, I love BBC.
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's snowing outside so I'll listen to this.

Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Such Heroic Nonsense! Joined: Posts: 2,492 mod

Springer here asked the same question..

tumblr_mbqgwj71PP1qcv9zpo1_r1_500.jpg

First the Micheal Bay treatment and now this... You would be a bit mad as well ;)
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Av by Savaii64
    ·
    That outfit that nigga had on during that scene still gets me :rofl:
    ·
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    Far too many things for me to amass into a single post.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins
    ·
    Far too many things for me to amass into a single post.
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins
    ·
  • DarksimDarksim Joined: Posts: 896
    first page yay

I was trying to respond to a post in the old thread, and was like lolnewthreadalready?
    I got an Elgato Game Capture. How do I start streaming with it? Do I just sign up for whatever streaming site? Do i need any special equipment?

It has twitch integration built into it's recording software, but it's kind of sucky. It lets you add in a microphone and even balance the audio, but the video stream itself looks kind of ugly and stutters and shit.

Xsplit, despite sucking, does have support for the direct video stream from the Elgato and looks really great. The newest test release of Open Broadcaster will also hook into the direct feed; it's a bit more finicky to get it work, but it will also look really great if you get it working.
    ·
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Such Heroic Nonsense! Joined: Posts: 2,492 mod
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Av by Savaii64
    ·
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,452
    More Django?

51Ttb%2BbEcrL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Curiously, the original also involved killing Klansmen (rather than Unchained's proto-KKK).
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
    ·
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 3,528
    First page post!

Change this title and stop posting these MLP pictures it's already enough >__>...
    Weeks ago... I was playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. I was just training, standing at the wooden platform, floating on the river of the Demon Village. I was at the end of this path the platform was going, after that it went further, and I came to a cemetery, and there was a lake. Very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. The music stopped playing. It was dead silent. Gorgeous... and across the lake I saw from far away... a beautiful blue woman, standing in front of the lake... but she was crying...
    My team can't be this crazy - drawn by OTTer Kassy Just... try to find me on PSN.
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 Million Carats on Thor. Guy rage quits.

Today, a piece of shit like Dante took down a god.
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
    Change this title
    Change your AV Kappa.png
    ·
    With each view I always find something new.
    ibyLIzgsR4ROx2.gif
    ·
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 3,528
    Change your AV Kappa.png

Pretty you'll change yours first anyway :coffee:.
    Weeks ago... I was playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. I was just training, standing at the wooden platform, floating on the river of the Demon Village. I was at the end of this path the platform was going, after that it went further, and I came to a cemetery, and there was a lake. Very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. The music stopped playing. It was dead silent. Gorgeous... and across the lake I saw from far away... a beautiful blue woman, standing in front of the lake... but she was crying...
    My team can't be this crazy - drawn by OTTer Kassy Just... try to find me on PSN.
    ·
    :rofl: Sports Fans
    ·
  • SkikSkik toilet salami Joined: Posts: 618
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ·
    :rofl: Sports Fans

It should happen more often in tourneys when an outsider takes the 1st place prize money.
    Imagine Kusoru doing it?
    ·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Springer here asked the same question..

First the Micheal Bay treatment and now this... You would be a bit mad as well ;)
    Springers been getting fucked up in the comics lately. Dude is still mia after getting his face ripped off in Last Stand of the Wreckers.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
  • The UltimatorThe Ultimator I fight for my friends. Joined: Posts: 1,977
    I'm sorry guys....I bought SFxT.....

DON'T JUDGE ME
    XBL: The Ultimator25
    Retired from UMvC3 – at least for now.
    SSBM & Project M – Mains: Ike, Marth
    Chrom or Lucina for Smash 4!
    ·
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
    ·
    Anyways, played Catherine all day yesterday and got to Day 5.
    I don't know what's more addictive, the puzzles or the storyline.
    It's like the "Young and the Restless" of video games.
    ·

DON'T JUDGE ME

Real question is, did you buy SFxT: The -apparently- Good Edition?
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

DON'T JUDGE ME
    Did the cashier give you the stink eye?
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • AdelheidAdelheid Perfectly Balanced Joined: Posts: 1,309
    fake pokemon fighting game is way better than pony fighting game could ever be.

Battle Capacity is legit.
    Corpsecrank: If you had a box around your character that would mean you could get hit when the sprites didn't touch one another. Fighting games use collision detection based on the sprites. There is no such thing as a "hit box" in this type of game.
    ·
    Did the cashier give you the stink eye?

More like a snicker as he walked out the store.
    ·
  • dotsdfedotsdfe Joined: Posts: 2,315

DON'T JUDGE ME

It's okay, I'm planning to buy it tomorrow when I get FE13.
    ·
    ·
    Funny how before I left yesterday I was in Darksim's stream for like 5 mins and I was in a hurry to leave so I left the chat open. Then when I got back home like 10 hours later I read the stream chat and saw you started playing Madworld. So now I'm watching your archive. The quality is really good btw
    ·
  • AniMoneyAniMoney Joined: Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    I just finished Hajime no Ippo, Someone recommend me another anime.
    UMVC3: Various Wolverine and Magneto teams.
    SSF4AE : Balrog/whoever, I don't play this much anymore
    I overthink everything and get bopped.
    ·

DON'T JUDGE ME
    You play Zero

Too late
    ·
  • AdelheidAdelheid Perfectly Balanced Joined: Posts: 1,309
    fenix right 2

this is so godlike
    Corpsecrank: If you had a box around your character that would mean you could get hit when the sprites didn't touch one another. Fighting games use collision detection based on the sprites. There is no such thing as a "hit box" in this type of game.
    ·
  • Crazy_mofo213Crazy_mofo213 It's my BnB, I never f*ck it up Joined: Posts: 1,972
    UMVC3: (Felicia/Taskmaster/Rocket Raccoon) (Felicia/Taskmaster/Dr. Doom)
    BB: Tsubaki/Platinum
    3S/SSF4: Ibuki
    XBL: FrenchFry213
    ·
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New theme.

Deal with it
    Still at work. When I get off at 10p EST, we can Cross Tekken.
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFxT is kinda fun now. The characters I play any way have good walk speed (Nina/Kazuya), throws are actually scary for once in an Ono game (all red life drained for any throw), and other than auto block gems still being scrubby and color edits being nasty...game seems fun now.

I feel the okizeme/wake up game will get nastier as people get around to it more, but at least there'll be more ways around it and more reason to actually try meaty normals (cuz fuck if that ever worked in SFIV) and actually fun real SF stuff like that. Lots of walking back and forth like the old Alpha/CVS2 games also.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
    Apparently Dudley and Steve still suck so thats a nope for me.
    ·
  • DarksimDarksim Joined: Posts: 896
    So now I'm watching your archive. The quality is really good btw

Xsplit has a terrible audio crackle in those archives. The audio also just sounds bad for some reason, I don't know why. Using the same settings (for audio, at least) worked fine when I streamed PSAS and Anarchy a few days ago, so I don't know why it sounds like that.
    ·
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847

DON'T JUDGE ME
    For how much? And did you buy the DLC characters?
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

·
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFxT is kinda fun now. The characters I play any way have good walk speed (Nina/Kazuya), throws are actually scary for once in an Ono game (all red life drained for any throw), and other than auto block gems still being scrubby and color edits being nasty...game seems fun now.

I feel the okizeme/wake up game will get nastier as people get around to it more, but at least there'll be more ways around it and more reason to actually try meaty normals (cuz fuck if that ever worked in SFIV) and actually fun real SF stuff like that. Lots of walking back and forth like the old Alpha/CVS2 games also.
    Oh man... there was this one God awful player using auto block named tarantula31 or something like that. I utterly destroyed him three rounds straight the first time, then at the runback he set his autoblock gems and I couldn't touch him without getting hit. Worst shit in the world, sorry ass player sitting at A rank just cuz of that shit.
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    ·