UMvC3 OTT: Fighting is magic? Such Heroic Nonsense!

Comments

• the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Dudley and Steve still suck so thats a nope for me.
    Dudley sucks? News to me. I've been owning face with him backing up my Elena.
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    ·
  • AceKillahAceKillah #AizenFreed Joined: Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭
    I just finished Hajime no Ippo, Someone recommend me another anime.

Darker than Black. 2nd season doesn't exist so just watching the 1st season and the Darker than Black Gaiden OVA's
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
    ·
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 3,528
    I hope Juri is good... and apparently she was in the vanilla and only received a few nerfs that don't affect her so much, so yay that's good!

Now to find a second character.
    SFxT is kinda fun now. The characters I play any way have good walk speed (Nina/Kazuya), throws are actually scary for once in an Ono game (all red life drained for any throw), and other than auto block gems still being scrubby and color edits being nasty...game seems fun now.

I feel the okizeme/wake up game will get nastier as people get around to it more, but at least there'll be more ways around it and more reason to actually try meaty normals (cuz fuck if that ever worked in SFIV) and actually fun real SF stuff like that. Lots of walking back and forth like the old Alpha/CVS2 games also.

Unrelated... but do you remember how a while ago people were saying that simply making the timer last longer would make the game better?

I admit that I thought about this before, but seeing it now this would've been one of the worst things to change in this game. The matches already last for quite a while, and increasing time in each match would make it more boring to watch or play.

But you play Iron Man >__>...
    Weeks ago... I was playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. I was just training, standing at the wooden platform, floating on the river of the Demon Village. I was at the end of this path the platform was going, after that it went further, and I came to a cemetery, and there was a lake. Very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. The music stopped playing. It was dead silent. Gorgeous... and across the lake I saw from far away... a beautiful blue woman, standing in front of the lake... but she was crying...
    My team can't be this crazy - drawn by OTTer Kassy Just... try to find me on PSN.
    ·
  • jamal313jamal313 >plays top tier >never wins. Joined: Posts: 12,702
    this is the 1st time i disagree with a title
    "if you can't accept losing you cant win." UMVC3: viper/dante/strider
    persona 4: Yosuke
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771
    Missed the front page. Guess I can't post the rap again.
    ·
  • Black Belt JonesBlack Belt Jones Man, you come right out of a comic book! Joined: Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    You're crazy. Both Dudley and Steve hit like freight trains loaded with dynamite. Steve just takes a shitload of execution. Dudley, how-

Wait, when did we get a new thread?

Welp, guess it's time for a trailer for this place:

You have just now read my post in the voice of Jim Kelly. If not, no big deal. I'm too busy looking GOOD.
    ·
  • AntstyleAntstyle Joined: Posts: 3,950
    Bwahaha. Just found this lying about from ages ago... I imagine Ultimator will approve :P
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Juri is good... and apparently she was in the vanilla and only received a few nerfs that don't affect her so much, so yay that's good!

Now to find a second character.

Unrelated... but do you remember how a while ago people were saying that simply making the timer last longer would make the game better?

I admit that I thought about this before, but seeing it now this would've been one of the worst things to change in this game. The matches already last for quite a while, and increasing time in each match would make it more boring to watch or play.

But you play Iron Man >__>...

Well the main main reason the matches last a long time is because the game works like a fighting game RPG. Everything that you're supposed to utilize to make the matches actually go faster and make damage come by quicker is kinda embedded in the gems and the other game mechanics. When they're not optimized it's like everyone is on a lower level number and you get these sloppy matches that last forever.

The way Vanilla SFxT was going especially with people not wanting to optimize any of the other game mechanics, making the timer longer would have been one of the quickest ways to make the game so that matches actually end. Stream monsters especially really don't care how long the match takes...they just want to see a clear victory/point at the end. Just like you do in Tennis or any other sport. There's no time out even after a long play of Tennis. Someone eventually is the winner and the players and spectators aren't wondering what would have happened if they had another 30 seconds to drag the match out.

The game is changed up a lot though so once people actually learn to utilize all the tools the game has to offer, time outs should be pretty rare.

Oh man... there was this one God awful player using auto block named tarantula31 or something like that. I utterly destroyed him three rounds straight the first time, then at the runback he set his autoblock gems and I couldn't touch him without getting hit. Worst shit in the world, sorry ass player sitting at A rank just cuz of that shit.

Yeah that shit is honestly more stupid than anything that's in Marvel because that's literally the most powerful way to have a fighting game play the match for you. A scrub who doesn't have to block is literally some put the Juggernaut helmet on shit.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
  • Black Belt JonesBlack Belt Jones Man, you come right out of a comic book! Joined: Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Guys, the auto-block gems got nerfed into oblivion. Seeing someone using them should make the words "FREE LUNCH" flash in your head in neon letters.
    You have just now read my post in the voice of Jim Kelly. If not, no big deal. I'm too busy looking GOOD.
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, the auto-block gems got nerfed into oblivion. Seeing someone using them should make the words "FREE LUNCH" flash in your head in neon letters.

I haven't actually fought against any yet, but what's the rule? Just throw them a lot or does the meter drain fast enough where you don't have to worry about that?
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
    I haven't actually fought against any yet, but what's the rule? Just throw them a lot or does the meter drain fast enough where you don't have to worry about that?
    Both. With the new system changes, plus the nerfs, Assist Gem users in general are free as slaves in 1865.
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually Dudley is pretty good this time around.

I really need a new team, can't use bland characters forever. Tekken side is so alien to me it isn't even funny
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
    Actually Dudley is pretty good this time around.

I really need a new team, can't use bland characters forever. Tekken side is so alien to me it isn't even funny

Nina/Kazuya seems like it'll be the Wolverine/Akuma of the Tekken side. They're not too crazy play style wise outside of some heavy execution from Kaz. Both have good walk speed and footsies (Kazuya good forward and back speed, Nina slower back speed). Plus Kazuya still got dat durp j.HK.

Definitely gonna watch some of Chaos' shit to figure this team out further.
    ·
  • trick82trick82 Row! Row! Fight da Powah! Joined: Posts: 840
    How's Lili in the game?
    Well in that case, I love BBC.
    ·
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SNKBoss

Fucking TV tropes.

Sad there's no mention of Metal Ryomarou from Flying Dragon N64. Nigga had the powers of all the other metal characters and on top of that you had to beat the dude nine yes NINE FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW.

Unlimited Ragna and Hakumen can also ead.
    ·
    King is one of the characters to watch out for on the Tekken side.
    ·
  • DayUnDayUn Joined: Posts: 1,737 ✭✭
    Why hello, friends.
    My Toesies > Your Footses

XBL: DAYUN FURY
    ·
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847
    How's Lili in the game?
    Just as scrubby as her Tekken counterpart, she has a divekick that's good for mixups though so you could put her second.
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

·
    Starting again with Bayonetta, but on the XBox.

The issues with the PS3 version's framerate/graphics aren't exaggerated in the slightest O.O
    ·
    Nina/Kazuya seems like it'll be the Wolverine/Akuma of the Tekken side. They're not too crazy play style wise outside of some heavy execution from Kaz. Both have good walk speed and footsies (Kazuya good forward and back speed, Nina slower back speed). Plus Kazuya still got dat durp j.HK.
    Definitely gonna watch some of Chaos' shit to figure this team out further.
    I play Kaz/Sagat mostly so i know how dumb Kaz can be. Even though i dont think his normals are that great.

Need to pick up better/cooler characters.
    ·
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭
    New thread? Fuck working 6 days a week.
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
    ·
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771
    Yo, so in spite of me bein' broke as always, I decided to treat myself by buying art. I gotta share it because of amazingness.

http://fav.me/d5tqk0s

Now I'm broke again. Maybe I should set up a donation drive.
    ·
  • CougarCougar Logic, yo. Joined: Posts: 1,528
    Obligatory.

I'm alive... Not much else to say.
    [ Magneto | Nova | Sentinel ]
    UMvC3: [Strange/Haggar/Arthur] Low tier heroes, represent!
    PSN: TheCougar44. Add me if you want to play some matches!
    ·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Bwahaha. Just found this lying about from ages ago... I imagine Ultimator will approve :P
    Spoiler:
    all hail the HOLY H BUTTON!
    ·
  • otterotter PSN: MyBodyIsInfested Joined: Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone recommend someone that works well with dhalsim? specifically to work with his high low mixup and then tag in the second character for a combo then tag sim back in to rinse repeat shit?
    ·
    I play Kaz/Sagat mostly so i know how dumb Kaz can be. Even though i dont think his normals are that great.

Need to pick up better/cooler characters.

With EWGF and that quick walk speed attached to him he'd be pretty stupid if his normals were any better than they were. c.LK still seems pretty good any way and his walk speed + EWGF can bully around people pretty well.

Is his c.LK still 3 frame?
    ·
    "I should have been a pole dancer" LOL :D

Evidently I need to improve at this game... and now I can properly see what's happening, it shall be so!
    ·

@Grublet

whos Magaki? :confused:
    ·

@Grublet

whos Magaki? :confused:
    The end boss of KOF XI. Makes every Capcom boss and some SNK bosses seem bush league.
    ·
    Anyone up for some xT?

·
    Anyone up for some xT?
    Sure
    ·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got on my Sanford shit at NCI after playing some UMVC3 with Pedro at NCI, hope no one recorded that shit.

Also it was cool to see these two kids at the venue get so hype off of Arcana Heart 3 and Gundamn EXVS
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put Ken in UMVC3.
    Strider still sucks.
    ·
    Put Ken in UMVC3.

You mean a top tier version of Ryu? :P
    ·
    You mean a top tier version of Ryu? :P

Yes. For too long Ken has been kept down by "Fair" games. Time for him to be unleashed in true rushdown form. I want dat new flowchart.
    Strider still sucks.
    ·
    Anybody here have PS3 Strekken?
    ·
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,452
    fake pokemon fighting game is way better than pony fighting game could ever be.

Battle Capacity is legit.
    I've been meaning to play BattleCAP, though I hear it still needs a lot of ironing out (i.e., certain links and specials reset the combo counter and damage).

As long as Colossoil has a basketball move for Rebound, I'm good.
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
    ·
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots

This is actually pretty interesting, i hope at least. Revelations was great so hopefully thats a start
    ·
    Get on that M$ shit.

·
    Yes. For too long Ken has been kept down by "Fair" games. Time for him to be unleashed in true rushdown form. I want dat new flowchart.

So basically you want Ryu with high priority, no recovery, invincible tatsu, cancellable Shoryukens, and invincible tatsu assist? :D
    ·
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it on PS3. And 360. And Vita.

Just need the PC version now for those bikini mods.
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    ·
    Get on that M$ shit.

Yeah it's probably dirt cheap any way.
    ·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    So basically you want Ryu with high priority, no recovery, invincible tatsu, cancellable Shoryukens, and invincible tatsu assist? :D
    but doesn't have raging demon...
    put dark ken in umvc3!
    ·
    Yeah it's probably dirt cheap any way.
    I got it for 13 dollars at Gamestop a few weeks ago.

·
    fuck Rolento :(
    ·

That'll do.
    Strider still sucks.
    ·
    Less shotos more Godhands yo.
    ·
  • Tomo009Tomo009 Joined: Posts: 2,215
    Played SFxT a bit, still feels exactly the same to me to be honest. Except now the chains seem kind of useless.
    ·
  • CrispyTacozCrispyTacoz I got those Meow Mix-ups Joined: Posts: 1,532
    New thread already?
    hyBHIbl.png
    Follow @CrispyTacoz for updates on NorCal tournaments and new video news!
    UMvC3: Any team with Felicia in it.
    KOFXIII: Terry/K'/Iori, Kula/Mature/Yuri
    Injustice: Catwoamn/Cyborg/Green "YOLO" Lantern
    ·