UMvC3 OTT: Fighting is magic? Such Heroic Nonsense!

Comments

• NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Riding The VaporWave Joined: Posts: 3,575
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    Alright lemme cut the chill shit and bring up a serious issue for a sec.

Mr. NSR what is that thing in your avatar supposed to be, and will Mr. Jackson ever return?

I'm an art curator and I was going to work with The Quay Brothers, who are the best stop-motion artists in the world along with stop motion pioneers known for their great puppeteer work. Back in the day, they were my favorite artists and really drove me to art and film, it was basically a dream come true to work with them. Unfortunately, some difficulties in travel and scheduling came up and they were unable to have an exhibition at my gallery.

Their works are known for being Dark and surrealistic. The one in my avatar right now is from an exhibition they had at liverpool of a journalist (made of newspaper) writing. The last one i had (below) is from their best work (imo), Streets of Crocodiles Of course, it was a stop-motion feature as well which made it that more godlike.

Should check them out, their work is REALLY good and creepy at the same time. Elegant, fluid and beautiful. Being that I am the embodiment of Samuel L Jackson AND of Jules, having him as my avatar would be redundant.

_51824001_dsc_0734.jpg

streetofcrocodiles_3-600x421.jpg (streets of crocodiles)
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,622 admin
    The Duke wrote: »
    Flags are a joke anyway unless the fixed it last time Preppy brought it up you needed like a dozen flags to even get a mod's attention. I forget how many are required to bury a post though.
    I looked at it when it was brought up earlier elsewhere: he appears to have generally stopped. Doing it randomly counts to me as an abuse of the reporting system (such as it now horribly is) and I'd have asked him politely + firmly to stop if he kept it up.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

MvC2 for Xbox One/PS4 pls

• AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,811
    JuuM wrote: »
    Guess Ace is pretty damn stale then.

I dunno me personally I find myself pretty funny.
    Green Ace wrote: »
    Ace sucks

I agree.

"Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • JuuMJuuM Danke where yo at Joined: Posts: 1,615
    @AceKillah

All in the past.
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,408
    DrSlouch wrote: »
    Curious about something related to Marvel 2 and 3. So, there are assists in Marvel 3 that have certain properties as an alpha counter that they do not have when you regularly use them as an assist. Does this sort of thing exist in Marvel 2, as well? I've tried to look this up and haven't really found much, it seems like Marvel 2 info is not as well-documented online as Marvel 3 info (unless I'm looking in the wrong places (I'm mostly looking at the SRK Wiki)).

Yes. Only certain things though. For example, there is an assist that some characters have called a "balance" assist. It will come out as one thing with an assist, but when you counter, it will come out as another thing. IE Morrigan's balance as an assist will come out as soul fist, but when you counter out, it will come out as her DP.

Another example is some of the Launcher assists. IIRC, I read that Magneto's counter, when set to launcher had invincibility. Imagine an invincible launcher into his ROM infinite. LOL.

You looking at the wrong place. Always look in the forums and try to dig them up. You really have to read through them shits.
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, Team Nemo SF4: Fei Long, Rolento Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK/Heihachi, Alex/Kuma
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Hey diekula join us already or play me in marvel
    either will do
    both would be better...
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,654
    Cee Dizzy wrote: »
    DrSlouch wrote: »
    Curious about something related to Marvel 2 and 3. So, there are assists in Marvel 3 that have certain properties as an alpha counter that they do not have when you regularly use them as an assist. Does this sort of thing exist in Marvel 2, as well? I've tried to look this up and haven't really found much, it seems like Marvel 2 info is not as well-documented online as Marvel 3 info (unless I'm looking in the wrong places (I'm mostly looking at the SRK Wiki)).

Yes. Only certain things though. For example, there is an assist that some characters have called a "balance" assist. It will come out as one thing with an assist, but when you counter, it will come out as another thing. IE Morrigan's balance as an assist will come out as soul fist, but when you counter out, it will come out as her DP.

Another example is some of the Launcher assists. IIRC, I read that Magneto's counter, when set to launcher had invincibility. Imagine an invincible launcher into his ROM infinite. LOL.

You looking at the wrong place. Always look in the forums and try to dig them up. You really have to read through them shits.
    cobleface.png
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • ShadowShadow ¿ Joined: Posts: 2,125
    I never knew balance assists worked that way. That's pretty cool.
    we will never let him escape that emote are we?
    I hadn't seen him post in forever.

This poor thread. Merely a rotted shell of what it once was.
    yea less active than the facebook group,
    which is pretty amazing, since only one dude posts there.
  • hybreezyhybreezy A Fraud Draws Near Joined: Posts: 7,490
    Windu25 wrote: »
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    This site only sucks because you're in the wrong threads.

So, I should visit the threads on another site? Because every thread on this site is the wrong thread.

Yes gd1feb366.png
    Mediocre at fighting games
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,933
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone who isn't part of the new OTT would be interested in this but I made this 2 months ago
    I think the head looks a little big, otherwise great work!
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,566 mod
    either will do
    both would be better...

What is it my child?
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
    either will do
    both would be better...

What is it my child?
    dude that was like a month ago
    join free OTT
    or stop being a lurker if you already are....
    we have like a million emotes
    and about 10 are useful cookiemonster.gif
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 4,801
    I'm not sure if anyone who isn't part of the new OTT would be interested in this but I made this 2 months ago
    I think the head looks a little big, otherwise great work!

Hmmm only now I realized you're INH...

Why aren't you in the FreeOTT anymore? thomaszzz.png
    Enjoy my sprites done in SF3 style for the Street Fighter V roster, DLC included!
    SFV: Nash, Laura, Dhalsim, Guile and Alex; then Juri;
    USF4: Juri (main), Cody (secondary), Guile, Makoto;
    UMvC3 (retired): Phoenix Wright/Dormammu/Deadpool - X-23/Chris/Strider - Haggar/RR/Frank - Felicia/Wesker/Sentinel - Tron/Dante/Trish
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,933
    Hmmm only now I realized you're INH...

Why aren't you in the FreeOTT anymore?
    :( I only posted a few times, I didn't really like it that much over there. I didn't think anyone would miss me, either.

But perhaps one day, I shall make my return... and make one other post before I leave again. Kappa
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    either will do
    both would be better...

What is it my child?
    join free OTT

Old men react slow ;p
    I looked it up that FreeOTT thing twice.
    SRK keeps me busy as it is.

I haven't played Marvel in months tbh. I'll admit, I miss the good old days with lobby's and such.
    The game has gotten to stale for me atm (you know all the Dooms and Vergils)
    And with no update to look forward to it isn't really inspiring.
    Ant and 13 have lured me in this blasted game called LoL (Be proud you resisted ;) )

I'm actually looking forward to the new Killer Instinct.

"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

either will do
    both would be better...

What is it my child?
    join free OTT

Old men react slow ;p
    I looked it up that FreeOTT thing twice.
    SRK keeps me busy as it is.

I haven't played Marvel in months tbh. I'll admit, I miss the good old days with lobby's and such.
    The game has gotten to stale for me atm (you know all the Dooms and Vergils)
    And with no update to look forward to it isn't really inspiring.
    Ant and 13 have lured me in this blasted game called LoL (Be proud you resisted ;) )

I'm actually looking forward to the new Killer Instinct.

Well I have played lol its just not for me really, can see why some like it just doesn't seem to click with me. Also KI seems to be the opposite for skullgirls with me like a few of the characters just don't like the look of how it plays really. But anyway best wishes to you diekula
    (and no, you are not getting a new nickname).

Mayor speaks stuff

Lol
    We both know we'll eventually end up playing Marvel sooner or later ;p

"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

AC+R DLC available for 360 now for anyone who might care and see it here first.
    AC+R DLC available for 360 in Japan now for anyone who might care and see it here first.
    If you're getting it off of JP XBLM. It's yet to come stateside. :/
    AC+R DLC available for 360 in Japan now for anyone who might care and see it here first.

I'd already fully downloaded it by the time I posted that. It's a DLC module, not a patch.

I'd already fully downloaded it by the time I posted that. It's a DLC module, not a patch.
    Oh wow, really? Damn, I'm jealous.
  • Buster CannonBuster Cannon Cool head, heated heart Joined: Posts: 3,436
    Man, I haven't checked this thread in forever. Good to see that people are still posting here, though. How is everybody?
    PSN: AquaTeamV3
    SFV Fighter ID: BusterCannon
    FightCade: AquaTeamV3
    My YouTube Channel
    The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 4,801
    For anyone that still reads this thread I've made another Xrd sprite

guilty_gear_xrd___millia_rage_by_rieytails-d6qdind.png

Aaaannd I'm gonna take a break from sprite fanart and focus more on digital art from now on. Doesn't mean I'll never be making sprites again I'm just more focused on actual drawings now...
    Enjoy my sprites done in SF3 style for the Street Fighter V roster, DLC included!
    UMvC3 (retired): Phoenix Wright/Dormammu/Deadpool - X-23/Chris/Strider - Haggar/RR/Frank - Felicia/Wesker/Sentinel - Tron/Dante/Trish
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,446

Aaaannd I'm gonna take a break from sprite fanart and focus more on digital art from now on. Doesn't mean I'll never be making sprites again I'm just more focused on actual drawings now...

Why have you been hiding these sprites from me?

Are we no longer fwends ;_;
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,446
    SRK Lounge>UMVC3 OTT>Kaiten's Animu Weabo hideout.
    Uhh what?
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    edited November 2013
    Kaiten92 wrote: »

Why have you been hiding these sprites from me?

Are we no longer fwends ;_;

I posted these GG sprites in the FreeOTT >.<...

Maybe I should mention you next time >__>...

• Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    Whats the link to free OTT again?
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,402
    Whats the link to free OTT again?

http://freeott.biz/forums/
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
    Ah, I see the life support kicked on again briefly.
    so no tombstone yet?
    well here is a few

TrueEivel.png
  • Crazy_mofo213Crazy_mofo213 It's my BnB, I never f*ck it up Joined: Posts: 1,972
    RIP
    UMVC3: (Felicia/Taskmaster/Rocket Raccoon) (Felicia/Taskmaster/Dr. Doom)
    BB: Tsubaki/Platinum
    3S/SSF4: Ibuki
    XBL: FrenchFry213
    RIP in Peace.

• EirokajEirokaj Fighting Game Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,094
    See, this what happens when you don't talk about Pokemon.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/YuriAcTN
    Tumblr: http://yuriactn.tumblr.com/

=====

"Another victory, yes, but... there is always another battle." — Arbiter
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    fuck pokemon
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    fuck pokemon

that shit is weird, son.
    You mean rest in pieces..

"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    abandon ship
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 654
    Still better than general discussion
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    u crazy Floridan
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • Crazy_mofo213Crazy_mofo213 It's my BnB, I never f*ck it up Joined: Posts: 1,972
    Is freeott down for anyone else?
    UMVC3: (Felicia/Taskmaster/Rocket Raccoon) (Felicia/Taskmaster/Dr. Doom)
    BB: Tsubaki/Platinum
    3S/SSF4: Ibuki
    XBL: FrenchFry213
    10 posts since my last log in, amazing.
  • Cosmic_CastawayCosmic_Castaway Legendary Dark Knight Joined: Posts: 2,449
    I woke up this morning with a complete but random thought.

"why do we black men love white girls so much?"

ClericPerplexed_zpsdda8add9.png
    The Excusatory Wizard of Execution
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,607
    I remember this thread. my namesake.