KOF 13 coming to Steam!

PapaRhinoPapaRhino HumanFogMachineJoined: Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭
If you want to write a book you have to live a life that's worth sealing in ink.
·

Comments

• Geese PantsGeese Pants ......Aight. Joined: Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    ·
  • MissionSchabernackMissionSchabernack Joined: Posts: 484
    I am sure the internet will still lag like shit like the console versions
    ·
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭
    oh noes, dem laggin' internets
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    ·
  • orochi_kyoorochi_kyo Joined: Posts: 5
    I think Atlus implemented the netcode only on console versions. If SnkP uses his taitoypex2 version for his official release on PC, they have the chance to use steamworks for the netplay.
    ·
  • Los llluminadosLos llluminados Joined: Posts: 3
    [SIZE=16px]Come on!...please let this be real. buying KOF XIII, KOF 2002 UM and KOF '98 UM on day 1 if this turns out to be true. please SNKP, ATLUS , and Steam make this happen. Viva KOF !!![/SIZE]
    ·
  • TheShow340TheShow340 Enjoy The Show Joined: Posts: 1
    If KOF goes to steam it will be my first purchase. I hope the online is better if they do.
    ·
  • sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for it, finally choked up and bought it for 360 =/
    ·
    edited May 2013
    http://steamdb.info/app/222940/#section_history
    3 days ago Added oslist – windows
    3 days ago Added section_type – ownersonly
    3 days ago Added changenumber – 212508
    3 days ago Changed app type Unknown › Game
    3 days ago Changed name ValveTestApp222940 › THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
    ValveTestApp promoted to Game with official game title/logo/icon/operating system information/steam install shortcut

it's safe to say we're getting really close to launch :D:D:D

(same thing for KOF98 UM and KOF2002 UM)
    Post edited by Aquashark on
    ·
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 152
    This might actually be worth buying a PC for.
    ·
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on an official announcement but they're doing something behind the scenes.

http://steamdb.info/app/222940/#section_history

It should link to the History section and you can see that they (whoever they might be, SNKP or some 3rd party) have been working on it pretty consistently.
    STOMP!
    ·
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    This looks interesting... :)

I'm waiting to hear about the system rqeuirements.
    Post edited by SirMixahLot on
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ·
    Considering it runs on Taito Type X2 hardware
    From Wikipedia:

Taito Type X²
    CPU: Intel LGA 775 CPU. Supported CPUs include Celeron D 352, Pentium 4 651, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
    Chipset: Intel Q965 + ICH8 (dg31pr +ich7)
    Video output: 640×480 (VGA), 1280×720 (HDTV 720p), 1920×1080 (HDTV 1080p)
    RAM: 667/800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Supported capacities 512MB, 1GB, 4GB.
    GPU: PCI Express ×16-based graphics. Supported GPUs include ATI RADEON (x1600Pro, x1300LE) or NVIDIA GeForce (7900GS, 7600GS, 7300GS)
    Sound: Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 channel Sound (supports add-in sound cards)
    LAN: 1000BASE-T 10/100BASE-TX
    I/O ports: 1x JVS, 4× USB 2.0, 1× serial (max 2), 1× parallel port, 2× PS/2, 2× SATA
    Audio inputs: AKG C535EB Stage Microphone, line-in (Surround 7.1)
    Audio outputs: 7.1, SPDI/FX
    Expansion Slots: 1× PCI Express ×16 (used by video card), 1× PCI Express ×4, 2× PCI
    Storage: SATA 3Gbit/sec Hard Drives
    The Type X² system-board uses an updated Intel platform with a PCI-express system bus, and supports more recent graphics GPUs and Intel CPUs than those supported by Type X.
    Compatibility: Due to platform specific drivers (Windows XP Embedded), game software is not interchangeable between Type X² and the older Type X/X+ platform.

And these are the specs for the PC port of BlazBlue Calamity Trigger: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=2225&game=BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

I wouldn't think KOF13 would be too intensive. I was able to run the emulator of the original arcade version of 13 without any problems except for horrible input problems.
    STOMP!
    ·
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    My CPU and GPU wont do it...

CPU I have is a C2D E4300, overclocked.
    Video card is a GeForce 7800GS.

I mean... I can run Oblivion... I know I can run a few other 2D games like MBAA and emulate MvC2 with Chankast... Maybe that's good enough then?
    ·
    Should be enough. If you could run SF4 or SFxTK without slowdown you should be good.
    STOMP!
    ·
    LOL, Nah I tried SF4 vanilla... Turned everything down to low, backgrounds off... computer still lagged.
    ·
    Dang. Well -not trying to shill- you can check out these guys for a new rig:

http://www.ecollegepc.com/

I had a good experience with them and the prices are cheap.
    STOMP!
    ·
    edited May 2013
    It's less about cost... and more about not using it. I mean... I moved in April. My desktop has been packed since February... It was the first thing I packed...
    (But thanks for the link. I'll bookmark it just in case)
    I haven't set it up, and I went as far as selling my monitor and mouse. I have my keyboard for my PS3... The only reason I'm keeping it for now is the 20k MP3s that are on it, and the 4TB of movies... I need to get an external enclosure at some point, but even that, I'm mostly apathetic about... All of my "computing" at home is done via my Kindle... Being at work behind a screen all day makes me hate doing that at home.

I love KoF, and since the online is so bad, I've resorted to playing SFxT because it's better than Slow Fighter 4 version 293 or Ultimate Mash vs. Morrigan 3. If the online uses Steam as someone said above, it might be fucking godlike... and I will play the shit out of it. I'd buy a gaming laptop and hook it up to my TV in the living room... Done.
    ·
  • rubixgrooverubixgroove Joined: Posts: 227
    I'm hoping this releases on Steam sooner than later. Would be nice to only have to take my laptop + two sticks to gatherings as opposed to the full monty (plus all the discs). And here's to hoping the netcode is a bit better/tweaked.

Cheers!
    ·
  • pablofsipablofsi Joined: Posts: 124
    edited July 2013
    Sounds interesting but, what does using Steamworks mean for it's netcode? SSF4 AE's lag is higher in PC (under Windows Live but w/e) than on PS3.
    Post edited by pablofsi on
    ·
    Anyone's guess. one would hope that they would take this extra time to fix the netcode but it's SNKP.
    STOMP!
    ·
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Steam is a content delivery system. It has nothing to do with how the game is coded.

It's up to the developers to make the netcode decent.
    ·
    Still better than GFWL.
    STOMP!
    ·
  • vitalvital Joined: Posts: 177
    Compulsively checking the Steam apps page for kof 13 like I do every week and HEY! Looks like they added the game to a new package not only 6 hours ago!

http://steamdb.info/sub/29742/#section_history

No fighting game I want more than KOF 13 on PC!!!
    ·
    Hope it's released by next month.
    STOMP!
    ·
  • MaxGritMaxGrit Master Baiter Joined: Posts: 290 ✭✭
    wait for the sale
    SSF4T on GGPO is very fun.
    ·
  • PaciFicPaciFic Joined: Posts: 13
    NHOyqFG.png
    ·
  • PaciFicPaciFic Joined: Posts: 13
  • splurgendiisplurgendii Every match-up, has a solution! Joined: Posts: 1,194 ✭✭
    How exciting!!!
    Here's to hoping that KoF sees a massive revival throughout the community.

splurrrr
    "gen" like the character
    Deeeeeeee
    ·
  • MancubMancub Joined: Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    ''Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! New netcode baby, fuck yeah. I can't wait to be able to finally play this on--"

We will not be using GGPO, sorry.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD. FUCKING. DAMNIT.
    ·
    ·
  • deBorudeBoru Salty Shodan! Joined: Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    So friggin' excited, you have no idea! Hopefully it won't be too long before we see a release date!
    Nintendo 2DS Friend Code: 0619 - 4370 - 4095
    PlayStation Network/Steam ID: Chivalier
    ·
  • SuPaH OozaruSuPaH Oozaru Joined: Posts: 10
    So will there be no online without ggpo or...?
    ·
  • pablofsipablofsi Joined: Posts: 124
    edited August 2013
    info@snkplaymore.co.jp - write to SNKPlaymore about the netcode (at least for titles after this release). They are already working with Tencent who have a wonderful rollbacks netcode for it's Xhuan... whatever title.
    Post edited by pablofsi on
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SNKP themselves will be handling the PC release. Altus and Rising Star have nothing to do with it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/08/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-looks-like-its-headed-to-pc-via-steam/
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
    l7zh.png
    ·
  • NoKushWaveNoKushWave Ehh Joined: Posts: 87
    Steam Pages is up

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940/

copied this from the description

・NETWORK:
    "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" now features vastly improved netcode that will provide you with the most comfortable online experience yet! The new netcode features improved communication speeds between you and your opponent, and also tailors your online experience according to your PC environment!

“THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition” features three different types of ONLINE VERSUS Matches, allowing players to challenge other rivals worldwide in endless and intense battles:
    ‐ “Ranked Match”: fight under specified regulations, and your results will be reflected in the rankings.
    - “Player Match”: playing in this mode will not affect your results. You can fight against others casually.
    - “Friend Match”: invite online players and challenge them through this mode for heated competition!

you can apply for the closed beta here: http://eepurl.com/Dk98v
    ·
  • Shin NarayanShin Narayan Joined: Posts: 17
    Yippie-kay-yay for the PC port. An Improved netcode ?
    jZvE5sB.gif
    if it's true. Applied for the beta anyway.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
    ·
    Applied for the beta. Will pre-order maybe next week. Depends if I get in the beta or not.
    STOMP!
    ·
  • splurgendiisplurgendii Every match-up, has a solution! Joined: Posts: 1,194 ✭✭
    September 13th
    splurrrr
    "gen" like the character
    Deeeeeeee
    ·
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Big Member Joined: Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on the community's report on the netcode. I already have one copy of the game I barely play because the netcode is ass. :P
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    ·
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭
    "vastly improved netcode"

iirc, that's the exact phrasing they used to describe the "improvement" they made when they patched the console version...
    This message will self-destruct.
    ·
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Big Member Joined: Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "vastly improved netcode"

iirc, that's the exact phrasing they used to describe the "improvement" they made when they patched the console version...

Eeeexactly. :bluu:
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    ·
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm Money Power Reppukens Joined: Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Signed up for the beta. Everybody do me a favor and not sign up lol.
    Post edited by RagingDemonStorm on
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
    ·
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | 2k2UM: K'/Kasumi/Nameless | UNIEL: Gordeau | GG: Faust | 3S: Chun
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
    ·
  • blufangblufang Street Fighter 5? Joined: Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there are 300 people who will get to beta test. Hopefully not many people apply.

·
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic キコケン Joined: Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭
    I'll buy the game again if the net code is good.
    Xbox live, GFWL and GGPO:Necrotrophic
    Chun Li (SF4, ST, 3s), Akuma (SF4), Ryu (SF4,ST, 3s), Cammy (SF4, ST)
    youtube.com/necrotrophic
    ·
  • faiyezfaiyez The Puppet Master Joined: Posts: 177
    For those who would like to use their TE stick on PC, this is what I purchased recently to make mine work http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B0H5WG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ·