Japanese Kanji in Icons???

SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT Chimes At MidnightJoined: Posts: 702
Does anyone know or Is there a link, for the english translation of the Japanese Kanji found on the icons?
Gouki's symbol is the only one I know.
Thanks
Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN

Comments

• vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,235
    I don't know for any translation link, but I can most likely translate for you the other kanji you're wondering about if you show them and specify.
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 526 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    2nh1f5y.jpg
    心 - Heart
    技 - Technique/skill
    体 - Body/form
    天 - Sky/heaven
    地 - Ground/earth
    無 - Emptiness/Nothingness
    真 - Truth/pure
    聖 - Sacred
    神 - Deity/spirit
    魔 - Demon

Is this what you're looking for?
    Post edited by 武俠派 on
  • SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT Chimes At Midnight Joined: Posts: 702
    武俠派 wrote: »
    2nh1f5y.jpg
    心 - Heart
    技 - Technique/skill
    体 - Body/form
    天 - Sky/heaven
    地 - Ground/earth
    無 - Emptiness/Nothingness
    真 - Truth/pure
    聖 - Sacred
    神 - Deity/spirit
    魔 - Demon

Is this what you're looking for?

HELL YEAH! You've always been awesome in replying to my Japanese language/character questions.
    Do you have the translations for all of them, or is that all of them?
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

• SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT Chimes At Midnight Joined: Posts: 702
    武俠派 - Thank You VERY Much!!! Myself and others definitely wouldn't want to use an icon without knowing its meaning. ;)
    It's What You Do with The Time Given to You that matters...

• dannyboy4885dannyboy4885 Joined: Posts: 24
    edited March 2013
    In case it helps you decide on an icon, here are additional meanings to a few of the above kanji that make sense in the context of this game:

礼 - salute, bow
    惡 - evil
    武 - warrior
    激 - violent
    投 - throw
    遊 - play
    壞 - destroy

Post edited by dannyboy4885 on
  • AOS-AOS- C Joined: Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭✭
    [quote]忠 - Loyalty[/quote]

That's also my given name so I rock out with that one.
    PSN: AOS- [Gouken (4000bp), Ken (1000bp)]
    'Sauga, ON

• b43kb43k Joined: Posts: 3
    Wish they had "白" (백, or Baek in KOR, し or Shi in JP, ) , which is my family name. At least I was in Tekken LOL!
  • EssenthyEssenthy Joined: Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    wow thanks 武俠派 for translation
    Steam: Essenthy
    Main:Ryu,E.ryu,Oni,Ken,Yun

My Music : https://soundcloud.com/eloh-im
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭
    May I ask if the English ingame translations for the taunts are correct?
  • weedianweedian Barrio Cholita Joined: Posts: 238 ✭✭
    May I ask if the English ingame translations for the taunts are correct?

depends on what you mean by correct. Taunts don't always directly translate but in my experience they're mostly the same. I'm sure someone with deeper knowledge of the game can clarify that though.

豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!