What next?

klawwklaww Dirtiest GrawginJoined: Posts: 190
I figured i'd ask now before site goes down...
So I found out who I want to main (Ibuki, with Juri as a secondary)
I did the Skullgirls tutorials
watched tons of videos, started looking up combos on here, and practicing them.
What do i do now? just keep practicing combos and playing online or is there anything else i should be hitting first?
Terribad.
PSN: KlawwG
Steam: Klaww213 hit me up anytime. :3

Comments

• Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Salty about Ultra Joined: Posts: 4,513 mod
    Add meet some locals to that list. But yeah, get to playing. If you find yourself with match ups that you have questions on, check out the Ibuki/Juri forums. Good luck!
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • klawwklaww Dirtiest Grawgin Joined: Posts: 190
    Okay, ill do that too.
    thanks! :3
    Terribad.
    I wrote down the all the combos of all the characters im going to play, so now ill just hit the training room and occassionally online. :D
    I'll work on meeting locals when srk is back up. :P
    Terribad.
  • SweetouchSweetouch Joined: Posts: 12
    Nothing yet, but on the front page it says it'll be down for a week-ish.
    Terribad.
    So, I sat down to practice combos with Ibuki, and i really didn't like that most of her combos start with her in the air.
    Also, i heard she doesn't output much damage in the first place.
    I just want someone, who has a strong footsie game. not a lot of air combos. maybe a decent anti-air.
    There really isn't a thread that has a breakdown of the characters that says their strengths/weaknesses
    I also like Juri or Dudley. do either of them fit that criteria?
    Terribad.
  • Bob199Bob199 Joined: Posts: 59
    klaww said:

I just want someone, who has a strong footsie game. not a lot of air combos. maybe a decent anti-air.

If that's the case, then you want someone like Adon, Fei Long or Bison(Dictator).

klaww said:

I also like Juri or Dudley. do either of them fit that criteria?

Juri plays similarly to Ibuki in that to do any major damage, you'll have to know how to combo well.

Dudley fits the criteria you listed but not as well as someone like Adon or Fei Long.

It's not that the fact i have to combo well that distances me from ibuki. It's just that the majority of them start in the air. Which is very daunting.
    I dread how Adon looks, I'm going to refuse to play him right now. But i will play Fei Long. Ill give him a try tonight.
    Also, tried el fuerte and didn't mind him too bad.
    Terribad.
  • TRUEB7UETRUEB7UE The Once and Future King Joined: Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    klaww said:

It's not that the fact i have to combo well that distances me from ibuki. It's just that the majority of them start in the air. Which is very daunting.

None of Ibuki's B&Bs start in the air, if you're looking at her target combos and assuming that those are her "combos", then you have it all wrong my friend.

Fei Long is a good choice but I would stay away from Fuerte.

My best suggestion is to either hit the character forums and read or find high level play videos for characters you're interested in on youtube.
    TRUEB7UE said:

None of Ibuki's B&Bs start in the air, if you're looking at her target combos and assuming that those are her "combos", then you have it all wrong my friend.

My best suggestion is to either hit the character forums and read or find high level play videos for characters you're interested in on youtube.

Well...i just went over to the ibuki forum and it seemed like just a list of combos to me. but then again, im reading with newbie eyes. so theres that. lol.
    I suppose i'll work with ibuki a bit longer, and if not, try fei long.
    Terribad.
  • TRUEB7UETRUEB7UE The Once and Future King Joined: Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    klaww said:

TRUEB7UE said:

Well...i just went over to the ibuki forum and it seemed like just a list of combos to me. but then again, im reading with newbie eyes. so theres that. lol.
    I suppose i'll work with ibuki a bit longer, and if not, try fei long.
    Its fine, but still a majority of her combos do not start from a jump in. Play who you want, but do your homework and you'll be fine. you're not playing LoL, you're playing something much better ;)
    thanks. Its definitely a lot harder than league. A lot to wrap my head around, difficult to tell progression, and many ways to mess up. @_@
    Terribad.