Help Me Pick a Character! (SSF4AE, SFxT, 3S)

PapinguimPapinguim Joined: Posts: 308
Well, those are the three games I play and I need some help picking a character in each. In SFxT, I already know one of my characters (Ogre) and I want a partner for him in that. However, since I need more help in AE and 3S, I decided to put it here. And don't say "Pick Ryu because he's beginner friendly". I know the basic stuff in this and I want to pick a character to use to really learn the advanced things in each game.

So as for what I'm looking for in a character, well, let me see. I don't like strictly zoning characters. I'm usually more of an offensive player who plays rushdown most of the time. However, projectiles are ok, but not necessary, I usually only use them to stop other projectiles. So pretty much, doesn't have any trouble getting around projectiles. I don't mind lower health, but not too low. 900, 950 are both fine for me as long as they have other benefits to make up for it. Again, the character I'd like should be primarily rushdown, but not TOO offensive (Yun). I guess balanced? Whatever it's called. I'd prefer the character's damage to not rely mostly on super long combos (this applies more to AE), but if they just happen to have this, it's fine. Other extras I like are counters and dive kicks but they are more like icing on the cake rather than necessities.

So recap: primarily rushdown, primarily offensive but not too offensive, lower health is fine, i'd rather not have their primary source of damage be long combos (but its ok if it is), and can easily get around projectiles. Extra stuff like dive kicks, projectiles, and counters are good too.

At the moment, I play Ogre in SFxT as one of my characters (I'm mostly just looking for an Ogre partner in SFxT, so any recommendations would be great), no one in 3S, and Yang in AE. However, I'm having second thoughts about using Yang. He fits me pretty well but some matches are just way too difficult for him. Either way, I'm looking for a new AE character.

Any help you guys can give in any of the 3 games would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more clarification or any more info, let me know. Oh, and at least try to not be a jerk.

Comments

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Baggage Handlers.... Joined: Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to choose a character on your own.............just go through the roster.
    In fact, check out the SRK wiki as well, there are good descriptions of characters you can choose from.

You don't need someone holding your hand on character select.

You can use the 6+ days of forum downtime to make up your own mind...............good luck.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • PapinguimPapinguim Joined: Posts: 308
    C
    You should be able to choose a character on your own.............just go through the roster.
    In fact, check out the SRK wiki as well, there are good descriptions of characters you can choose from.

You don't need someone holding your hand on character select.

You can use the 6+ days of forum downtime to make up your own mind...............good luck.
    Don't you think I've already tried that? Do you really think that I'm just going to make a thread without trying to do this on my own? I'm asking for the opinion of people who are more experienced than I am.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Baggage Handlers.... Joined: Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.............I don't think you did because it's really not hard to choose a main in a game if you put in the time.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • blufangblufang Darkstalker for life Joined: Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, there are sub forums for every character in the game. Check those out, especially the video threads to see how the character plays. Then try 'em out...if you don't like him/her then find someone else. No one else can say which character will be best for you.
    20th Anniversary of ST ST Tournament of Legends EVO 2012
    ST Tournament of Legends 2 at EVO 2014!!! Featuring Nuki, Mao, Kurahashi, Damdai, AfroLegends, JWong, Valle and others.

20th Anniversary of Darkstalkers Darkstalkers Resurrection Pro Play

20th Anniversary of Marvel, King of Fighters, Tekken, and Killer Instinct

• K1MOCH1K1MOCH1 Joined: Posts: 165
    i used to be indecisive, now im not too sure...
  • w00denTEETHw00denTEETH Caribbean Queen Joined: Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    No one can answer this question for you. It's a personal preference. Stop being mentally lazy and play through the entire cast. Saikyo Newbie board is also the better place for this sort of thread.
  • PsychocultPsychocult Joined: Posts: 50
    You should pick up M.Bison, The Mighty Bison, Lord Bison, Commander Bison , Vega-Sama, Lord Vega, Vega: Master of Shadaloo, wielder of the almighty Psycho Power, ruler of the world!!!

Or something like that. ;)
  • SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,703 mod
    C
    Don't you think I've already tried that? Do you really think that I'm just going to make a thread without trying to do this on my own? I'm asking for the opinion of people who are more experienced than I am.

I think you are not trying very hard. You couldn't even be bothered to read the rules sticky to find out that this topic is banned in this portion of SRK. Maybe other sections allow it, I don't for several reasons.

One of my main reasons?: you are literally asking people to play a video game for you at this point. Exploring the character selection is only slightly more involved than deciding what mode to play and hitting start. Everyone needs help with matchmaking, strategy, footsies, execution, anti-airs, wake ups, etc. There is a line, however, where helping and informing is giving people license to be straight up lazy. Character select threads leap over that line. If you can't be bothered to mess around with the game enough to investigate different characters, perhaps even read the PAGES of literature per character that can compliment your search for which character you enjoy playing -- how can anyone expect you to put in the time to figure anything else out?

Fire the game up. Jump in. Explore. Have fun. Note what is fun. Stick to that fun character to avoid tearing your hair out.

Good luck.
    www.DrunkenTemple.com ...cause I am a broke ass artist...
    Keystone II ...cause I like the video games...
    SFIV/SSFIV/MvC3 mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
This discussion has been closed.