Why isn't the Ladder well structured?

SweetouchSweetouch Joined: Posts: 12
Can someone explain to me why the ladder is the way it is? I don't understand why a beginner like myself is matched against A/B grade players? Why isn't the ladder gated for certain levels of skill?

Comments

• AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me why the ladder is the way it is? I don't understand why a beginner like myself is matched against A/B grade players? Why isn't the ladder gated for certain levels of skill?

If you mean ranked matches, are you selecting the option to only play against players of "same skill" as yourself? If not, then obviously you're going to be matched up with anyone else who's looking for matches.

Note however, the just because someone lacks points doesn't mean that they lack skill. At this point in SF4's life, it's mostly the dedicated players who are left and not very many newbies.
    KOF XIII: Kula/Iori/Kim
    SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WFF-AirLancer
    If you're in the NYC area and want to play some KOF XIII, hit me up!
  • OMG its a duckOMG its a duck Bruh I'm in down bad bruh Joined: Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭
    What the fuck is a ladder? Anyway, matchmaking mostly sucks for fighting games, sometimes because there just aren't enough people online for that game, sometimes just because the game has bad matching code system stuffs.