WARNING. INCOMING TOURNAMENT.
Algonquin College: Game Fest One
Saturday, March 16th, 10am to Midnight.
Algonquin College - John Gillett Building
1385 Woodroffe Ave.
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v. 2012
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
STILL JUST AS AWESOME HEADLINE TITLES
Persona 4 Arena
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Street Fighter x Tekken
Super Smash Bros. Melee
We'll be holding tournaments for every other relevant title provided we can get entrants. We have the time, space, copies and equipment to run everything. Tournament schedule for all games will be posted closer to the date. Bring your own controller. Projected tournament buy-in will be $5 per title.
KEY VENUE FEATURES
- Tournament and freeplay stations. Roughly 10 ASUS stations and 360s provided by GO Gaming. Space for pending volunteer displays is being made available. PS3 stations for certain games will be made available as acquired.
- Spacious 120 person conference hall. Tables and chairs provided. Two Full HD projectors.
- Blisteringly fast +100Mbps connection allowing for one delicious livestream of the proceedings. Top 8/Top 3 of each event will be broadcast and recorded.
- Starbucks and generic noodleshop connected to the venue. Tim Horton's and restaurants close by.
- Venue located just south off the 417 highway.
- As most of our costs are being handled by Algonquin College, venue costs for console gamers at the event is free. Show up, put down your $5 to enter whatever tourney you like, or just play casuals.
Hey there, Ontario and Quebec. This is Bruce "Krackatoa" Szego of the FGC.
Apparently, Ottawa's Algonquin College has a new, $75,000,000 building with all the electrical, networking, and space we need to throw a kickass series of tournaments. With the help of GO Gaming, the Algonquin Competitive Gaming Club has the equipment it needs to run every kind of tournament we can get players for, alongside a wonderful bandwidth-sucking high-def livestream.
I can't even begin to say how awesome this venue is. You'll have to come see it for yourself. It is SOLID, and the school will be providing as much electrical as we can cart from their IT department. This also means venue costs are next to nothing. Which means you pay nothing for attendance. Venue is free.
Outside of the tournament stations, console stations are OPEN, with space for volunteer/BYO stations being provided. No alcohol is allowed on the premises, but there is the on-campus pub open until 10pm, and a local pub across the street.
We're looking to run these double-elim brackets in a timely fashion, so you can get on with your day/go eat/go drink/etc. This will be Algonquin's first big event, so we're looking to make it a good one.
So there you have it. We're keeping our ears open to the community to put on the kind of event you guys want to see. What you want is what we want, and we will bilk the Canadian school system for everything they're willing to give us.
Come on down and bop some folks.
The details listed should be cemented, but changes to the tournament schedule will be uploaded/updated ASAP in order to keep everyone informed.