What is your longest losing streak?

REALVINNYBLESSREALVINNYBLESS Joined: Posts: 101
I think I have now lost 22 or so times and I was still having fun but that long getting beat is kind of soul crushing. Lol I just now won, but he was worse than me, like all of my wins, and some dude set it to only 1 round
·

Comments

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 843 ✭✭
    Off topic:
    Yay, SRK forums is back! :)
    On topic:
    25+ vs Alioune Sensei and ErdemTEC.
    ·
  • Bob199Bob199 Joined: Posts: 60
    Ranked matches, probably 10 or so when I was starting out.

I have a high score of 30 from training with a Japanese buddy of mine and it would have kept climbing had I not decided to call it a day.
    URL='http://bobosyomios.wordpress.com/ssf4-ae-guides/']Beginner's Guides: Adon, Blanka, Juri, Makoto, Seth, Evil Ryu[/URL]

XBL: Yomios
    ·
  • CobraKaiCobraKai Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Losing streak about 15 losses in a row.

and my win streak against random players (some good, some bad) 61 wins in a row in an endless lobby.
    Post edited by CobraKai on
    ·
  • cliffesidecliffeside lethargic fighter. Joined: Posts: 736
    my longest losing streak was vs a friend back when i played abel in super. 30-0 cause super fei long was retarded. -_-

in ranked- 3.
    hit me up for some scrubley action.
    PSN- cliffeside. GT- UYG CliffeSide
    follow me on teh twitterz @cliffeside.
    ·
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Yeah. Sure. Joined: Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My longest streak is 46. I had just started playing Super. Only previous fighting game experience was the occasional Mortal Kombat. Then somebody offered to teach me shit when he saw how new I was.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    ·
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    KOF and AE 2012
    ·
  • GetSaltyGetSalty Joined: Posts: 73
    Pretty sure when I first started, I had multiple 50+ loss streaks.
    ·
  • littlescumbaglittlescumbag Joined: Posts: 298
    edited February 2013
    17 losses straight to ragerunerr05 on endless, 10 losses straight to dewiljuniorr...those are some of my bigest fails i remeber
    73 win streak on ranked (against randoom players)
    Post edited by littlescumbag on
    GFWL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

XBL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

PSN : LittleScumbag : stoped playing here

Steam : LittleScumbag : failing to improve at KOF here
    ·
  • Chief RekkaChief Rekka "Don't Think; Feel" Joined: Posts: 329
    I've had multiple 15 game losing streaks. Personally I don't like to lose that much and not be learning. ZBones kept playing me in ranked and it was tied for a while then he started winning outright.

Its like all right man you got it, but kept coming back. If I'm losing to lose, I don't wanna play.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"-Bruce Lee

Xbox Live: EB Chief Rekka
    Main: Fei Long Alt: Dee Jay
    Location: I'm the one who's reppin' Queens, way beyond your dreams.
    Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/reverendreg
    Twitter:Reggie_FTW

“"When the opponent expands, I contract, When he contracts, I expand, And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit-it hits all by itself."-Bruce Lee
    ·
    I've had multiple 15 game losing streaks. Personally I don't like to lose that much and not be learning. ZBones kept playing me in ranked and it was tied for a while then he started winning outright. <br />
    <br />
    Its like all right man you got it, but kept coming back. If I'm losing to lose, I don't wanna play.

Agree.

I feel my biggest progress and improvements have come from my losses i.e., by getting bodied by someone else and then reviewing why I lost.
    ·
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭
    you mean in a single day, right?

Because each and every day I may be in a different mood. Sometimes coordination works perfectly, others it works like crap.
    I dont let the losses of previous days affect my gameplay.

Regarding SFIV with that slow tempo, tiresome graphics and fx and the waiting times, I think 20 games in a row are the max I can handle. So I'd say 20 losses in a row. after that I stop playing.
    In older and faster paced games like VS I usually go 0-30 before stopping due to getting tired and unfocused.

But now I dont play SFIV online that much, probably one weekend every month. hence I might not win for days, probably 1 in 10 matches in ranked.
    I think I was better in late 2011 than I am now. then I played SFIV exclusively and I used a keyboard.....

not good at any, mediocre at many
    ·
  • YousendYousend Joined: Posts: 60
    Around 30? I remember it took me 30 games to get my first ranked win in SF4. Nowadays, if I'm on a 5 game losing streak, I stop playing and go in training mode because it's "clearly not my day" and come back later.
    ·
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 615 ✭✭✭
    I beat some guy at a local arcade here 18 times in a row the other month. I felt sorry for the poor guy.
    Check out my work!

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009
    ·
  • BlueberryBlueberry Joined: Posts: 606 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I lost 15 in a row a few days ago to some 5.5k pp british player. I didn't feel too bad though because he bodied every single one of the people that joined the room. Never dropped a single combo this guy, he was mostly playing Ryu and one error meant max punish and setups
    Post edited by Blueberry on
    ·
  • farhanniusfarhannius Joined: Posts: 172
    Have had a few 15 losing streaks. Whenever I get into a losing streak against 1 guy over and over, I always make sure that he's the one that stops wanting to play me first. I never allow myself to quit cos then I truly feel like I've been defeated. I actually say this in my head, as cheesy as it sounds: "I will play you till my fucking fingers bleed if I have to". 
    ·

I got a lot of respect for people that keep coming back for more despite losing, it shows a willingness to learn IMO.

·
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭
    On a losing streak I only stop playing against one guy in endless when it becomes absolutely clear that the level disparity between us means that he is learning nothing and neither am I. He can't learn because I offer too little challenge, and I can't learn because the tools he uses are beyond my knowledge to understand and adapt to.

So I just move on.  Hopefully we might meet again someday when I'm closer to his level, so I can take a beating I can actually learn something from.
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

·
  • REALVINNYBLESSREALVINNYBLESS Joined: Posts: 101
    well I'm embarrassed to say this, but In this endless lobby, I had over 30+ losses in a row :O when I play street fighter I just expect to lose every time now lol
    ·
  • mapleleafs791mapleleafs791 Joined: Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    When i started summer 2012 i could count the sessions hourly sessions when i actually won a game.

Fast forward to in the last month... if im playing someone that is significantly better (generally over 4kpp) around 10-15 games i think is a horrible streak.

The one that sticks in my head is one guy that i lost 18 straight against. i would get rounds, get close to taking games but i would always choke and f it up :/ but i refused to give up lol.

http://www.blockstring.com/ 
    XBL GT: Chilaisho
    SSF4 AE 2012: Cody, Evil Ryu, Yun
    SFxT: Law x Kazuya
    UMvC3: Magneto, Dormammu, Doom 
    Smash Bros Melee: Marth, Falco
    Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone:
    SpoR | 1589
    My Personal SF4 Dropbox Folderhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/irhsi8omjpubcss/AAA7GYqwfB1cEFwDuixkLrgUa?dl=0 

·
  • ChronoJoeChronoJoe Joined: Posts: 46
    I've lost to people like 30 times in a row before simply because they were flat out better players than I was. I used to go into a lot of endless battle matches knowing I'd lose but hoping I'd take something from the experience. You learn a lot more by losing than you do winning. 
    ·
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 150
    I must be the wisest man on the planet so.
    ·
  • sorrowsticksorrowstick Joined: Posts: 253
    around 15 just like the rest.....i know and realize there was a time i'm completely awful... but i'm still hoping there's light of omen for me to improve. anyway kudos / credit to you guys for not blamming the opponent but ourselves. ;)
    trollfighting, guessing game, random mash & taunting are legit...offline or online.
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time in Shenzhen, China.  Maybe 15 games or more.  Next in Shanghai.  Don't remember the total, but I only won 3 games out of 42 against this Vanilla Ryu/Sagat player.  Next was this Vanilla Akuma who beat me 20 straight till I finally clutched out a win.  Vanilla Akuma is ridiculous.  My highest losing streak online is less than 10 games (I think I lost more when I was messing around on the xbox pad).  The difference between (most) online and offline players is huge.
    ·
  • ShinAKumaShinAKuma Joined: Posts: 3
    Not sure about the numbers but I play Akuma and I had around 6000+ BP and at the end of the day i ended up with less than 2000 BP
    It was laggy and Had a bad day cause i was only finding noob Blanka and Ryu shoryu mashers and it's a huge pain against these two types in lag
    ·
  • Thats_So_Trite122Thats_So_Trite122 Joined: Posts: 44
    I actually feel like crying right now due to being 1500 to 900. Ranked is so soul wrenching.
    ·
  • Chief RekkaChief Rekka "Don't Think; Feel" Joined: Posts: 329
    I actually feel like crying right now due to being 1500 to 900. Ranked is so soul wrenching.

Play endless. You'll learn more anyway.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"-Bruce Lee

Xbox Live: EB Chief Rekka
    Main: Fei Long Alt: Dee Jay
    Location: I'm the one who's reppin' Queens, way beyond your dreams.
    Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/reverendreg
    Twitter:Reggie_FTW

“"When the opponent expands, I contract, When he contracts, I expand, And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit-it hits all by itself."-Bruce Lee
    ·
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them. I have yet to win a match. Accordingly, my title is "Moth to a Flame."
    I bet if someone who worked at capcom shit all over your chest you would let them. Shut the fuck up you, you fucking nerdy little piece of shit fanboy

-AlanEdrick
    ·
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭
    I've lost about 15 in a row, at least
    ·
  • Thats_So_Trite122Thats_So_Trite122 Joined: Posts: 44
    To be honest I only play ranked so I can have an attractive looking set of points with me.
    ·
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    online less than 10.

back in super or vanilla when i was learning gen, my sparring partner beat me 25 straight with his main
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • Lance3rdLance3rd Alaska 3rd Strike Joined: Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    last summer I played the guy who is widely considered the best American 3s player these days. we played few hundred games, I probably won less than 10. it wasn't like I just got bopped with his main either, he played all the top 8 characters and I got smacked by all of them. it definitely helped me a lot. everyone needs a moment like that, where they play someone just completely out of their league and suddenly they leave their small pond and are aware that there's an ocean out there. full of sharks.
    ·
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭
    Online, who knows, too lazy to look right now if that number is listed in the game.

Live sessions, definitely last year when I went to The Fall Classic(TFC). I played 2 Bison players and a Gief with my Evil Ryu. I'm your standard 2500-3000pp player so I know some stuff, but really I suck. These guys were so much better than me fundamentally, and it didn't hurt that they had good execution and better reactions as well. So I don't know exactly how many times I lost in a row. But I played each guy around 5-7 times and never won a single match. It was the worse ass whooping of my life in SF4, I think I could count the number of rounds I won in just one hand.

I think one of the Bison players who bodied me was Tampa Bison. I had no idea who TB was at the time. But when I saw him on stream the next day, I'm pretty sure one of the Bison players I played looked just like him.
    ·
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭
    'bout 30 IIRC.
    Steam/GGPO/#Ronline: Coffeeling
    KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | UNIEL: Gordeau | GG: Elphelt | CB: Vritra/Nagar/??? | 3S: Chun-Li | VSav: Zabel | SSBM: Fox
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
    ·
  • VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭
    online is bullshit
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
    ·
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    First time I went to the arcade to play MvC2, lost something around 40-50 straight, didn't win a single game in the entire day and used a good amount of money. My first damn match in the cabinet was a perfect.

It definetly opened my eyes.
    Post edited by MachoRhombus on
    XBL: PenguinShivers

TLC Shivers.
    ·
  • LemresLemres G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭
    When I first started playing A3 on GGPO, for the first few months, I would lose 20+ matches consistently. It was crazy how good they were. I used to be so impatient and I had hardly any useful knowledge of the game. I don't even think I knew what footsies were back then. Nowadays against the more stronger players in the room, I can hold my own much better than before. I can cut that 20+ losing streak to about 4-8 now depending on who I play against. That still might sound bad, but this just means that I have a lot more to learn and I gotta work even harder. It's amazing how much I improved.
    ·
  • SnydlerSnydler Kind of evil Joined: Posts: 90 ✭✭
    I had been on a 22 match losing streak two years ago. Why? It was my first time picking up Street Fighter IV since SSF4 and insisted on crouching sweeps and constantly using change of direction on Abel. I might have been more mentally handicapped.
    ·
  • radicaldreamersradicaldreamers Joined: Posts: 122 ✭✭
    When I first started playing I probably lost fifty games in a row. I still lose everytime I play, but now my win streaks are generally longer than my losing streaks. If I lose five games in a row now I usually stop playing. Not because I'm butthurt, just figure I probably need a break. If I can't win one game in five I probably need to go to bed or sober up.
    ·
  • EssenthyEssenthy Joined: Posts: 701 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    5-6 when i started playing ranked

12 in endless ,only used Ryu ,it was against a spanish Deejay , he literally read my mind with a sharingan or some shit, but he left when i started to use my brain, only got one game out of him

6 or less nowdays since i can switch character more effectively

around 11 on very bad days against my training buddy

but i proudly wear my " Legendary loser " title, i love it , i usually always lose the 2-3 first matchs no matter what, i usually need to get in every time i start playing , i cant get ride of this problem, getting to training mode just before helped a bit tho
    Post edited by Essenthy on
    Steam: Essenthy
    Main:Ryu,E.ryu,Oni,Ken,Yun

My Music : https://soundcloud.com/eloh-im
    ·
  • YellerDogYellerDog O S A R Joined: Posts: 192
    In Endless vs. a clearly better player, I'll go 2/10 sometimes. Horrible, but forces learning!

Getting back into the game had me losing 60% of the time in Ranked, this is a lot better lately. :D
    Cleverly designed experiments are the key.
    ·
  • yun4prezyun4prez Joined: Posts: 188 ✭✭
    40 games straight to a strong gief player. That dmg! Yuck.
    Daigo wrote:
    Yun’s awoken to Satsui no Hado. In many ways. Or maybe I should say he couldn’t keep from awakening.”
    ·