Official complain about the new forum layout thread.

BigMovementBigMovement Joined: Posts: 170 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Shoryuken.com Feedback
I hate change
Post edited by Valaris on
·

Comments

• BigMovementBigMovement Joined: Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I joined 3 years ago wow
    ·
  • BigMovementBigMovement Joined: Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I can't figure out how to delete threads so I'm just going to leave it here
    ·
  • MidCaliPowerMidCaliPower drinking yo moms bowl of soul Joined: Posts: 33
    u suck
    "i didnt know in SF you had to be politically correct when talking about a video game pussies...." - watts
    ·
  • FurryCurryFurryCurry The World's Finest Joined: Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭✭
    *agree, like* ad nausem

I wish they can run these things by us first. Or at least just communicate better. And we STILL don't have a spoiler tag button. Like wtf?
    where yo tear drop at, gangsta? I'm so hard my cheeks look like i've been watching a lifetime movie marathon so what's really hood. - Monte
    ·
  • BunzBunz ☱☰☴☲☯☵☶☷☳ Joined: Posts: 1,496 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Wow, no search option? Please tell I'm overlooking something.

Edit: Haha, I found it. Damn lack of contrast. >__<
    Post edited by Bunz on
    ·
  • RodimusRodimus Ride in style! Joined: Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn thought the site was hacked at first. I missed SRK lol. can we have bigger avs??
    ·
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,488 mod
    Stickied Announced... have fun lol
    ·
  • DavidstarDavidstar Joined: Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭✭
    i don't like change
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    ·
  • King9999King9999 Oraoraora...Mudamudamuda Joined: Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change is good, but the forums still need work. I noticed that all my bookmarks are gone, and we really don't have much in the way of options.
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8754-7747
    PSN/Steam ID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    #TheMassacreOfE32013 Never forget...
    ·
  • MalvadiscoMalvadisco Marambio Joined: Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    i want some fries with my taco

edit
    im level 1 lol
    Post edited by Malvadisco on
    CARACOLES
    ·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    ·
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me SRK dark back please and I won't complain about no spoiler button. Also yeah I don't know the difference between agree and like buttons lol.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    ·
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,512

i don't really want to complain about anything, but it would be nice if the avatar size didn't consist of 40x40 mini-thumbnails.

Rodimus said:

Damn thought the site was hacked at first. I missed SRK lol. can we have bigger avs??

Seriously this. I miss having a decently sized square avatar. I also agree that we need a darker background color that the previous forum had. And lastly, isn't the agree feature a bit redundant if we have the like feature already?

/2pennies
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
    ·
  • The MartianThe Martian The Other M. Joined: Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure how alot of this is supposed to work. My AV is blurry for some reason, likes seem to be gone...holy shit this is way different.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't know you had to hover over the comment to like.
    Post edited by The Martian on
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
    ·
  • Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Disagree function. Gives me less reason to retort, just hit the button and keep it movin!

No problems here.
    Shoutouts to Hollywood SRK
    ---
    ·
  • Muff DaddyMuff Daddy Ya dun goofed Joined: Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree/Disagree/Like buttons are fine, and I never used subscriptions.

If someone gets the time to make an additional skin for this forum, could you please, please do us all a huge favor and bring back "SRK Black" in some form or fashion? That's probably the one thing everyone misses the most. A dark background with white text was always easier on the eyes.

Without SRK Black I can't apply Wesley Snipes' betting strategies. "I HAVE NOTHING TO BET ON WESLEY!"
    Money. Success. Fame. Glamor.
    ·
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    forget everything else. i need either SRK black or OG SRK blue.
    i prefer blue.

also, i dunno how many of you guys have noticed...but there is a troll button now to go along with agree, disagree, off topic, etc...but as far as i can tell...its only found on a person's profile page.

some of yall are getting troll buttoned.
    for
    no
    good
    reason.

just coz.
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
    ·
  • dem0neyesdem0neyes Joined: Posts: 33
    Outside of the stuff everyone else has said i don't get whats with the giant empty grey square of nothingness thats at the top of the screen now on the right. Sizing doesn't seem to work well either (shrink the width of your screen and watch what happens to the menubar). I'm just assuming this isn't finished yet and it will end up changing again later. Hopefully soon
    ·
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,287 ✭✭
    How about that SRK Steel Blue?
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • Syke1Syke1 For Those That Murded Me Shall... Joined: Posts: 10,886 mod
    Give me them 2008 av sizes. And I cant see my "watched" threads.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    ·
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    scratch what i said, its not a troll button. ts a troll point meter.
    there's points based meter shit as follows:
    promote off topic disagree agree like spam abuse troll

now, i see at the bottom of posts the options to
    flag quote off topic disagree agree like

i wonder how someone can get troll points?
    only one way to find out! right guys?
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
    ·
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only complaint is the lack of different colored skins, mainly a dark one. Lack of contrast is a bit much on the eyes. EVERYTHING IS SO BRIGHT. Otherwise I can't complain so long as the forums don't take 5 minutes to post a reply like before.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1693-1138-7964. Trainer name: Rylai
    ·
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭✭
    its too bright, and how do you edit signatures...i dont want this shit embeded everytime i post......
    <i>"True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"</i>
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird New and Improved Joined: Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avatars got tiny now. Not feeling this. I miss SRK blue

PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume bookmarks are the replacement for watched threads, just as watched threads once cruelly usurped thread subscriptions, yes?
    ·
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    Am I seeing this correctly? Am I seeing youtube vids in signatures? that should change...
    ·
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it more than the old forum, but thread titles need more vertical padding, avatars are tiny and a dark theme would be very welcomed! :)
    ಥ_ಥ ~ ಠ益ಠ ~ ಠ_ಠ ~ ಠ_ರೃ ~ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ~ F-1
    Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - Out Now On BluRay/DVD! - http://www.facebook.com/streetfighterAF
    ·
  • Syke1Syke1 For Those That Murded Me Shall... Joined: Posts: 10,886 mod
    What is "roles verified/non verified"?
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    ·
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not enough contrast between the light blue and light gray and white background; it makes it hard to read--at least for me.

Where is the smilely menu?

No spoiler tags yet?

It seems the forums are looking more and more generic with each big change. There's not really a personality here anymore that distinguishes this forum from some other out of the box random forum template you see online. Then again, this is powered by a company called "Vanilla Forums" so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, I'm just glad srk is back to satiate that humongous void in my life that hookers and drugs can't seem to fill.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    It's ugly and the new avs are sooooo tinnnnny yuck.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭✭
    Warpticon said:

White background is fine...baby blue text on white background is NO.

ROTFLLLL right?
    ·
  • leileilolleileilol Joined: Posts: 478
    I welcome the lack of avatar animation
    o^_^o LEI-LEI FAN MASTER RACE o^_^o
    Dstlk Steam group
    ·
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 11,886 mod
    Notifications are kind of useless right now: I now get notified of each new post in a thread, versus the old "here's the first post since the last time you read it" helpfulness under the old system.
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    ·
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Get on my level Joined: Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭
    Probably the worst forum I have ever seen.
    ·
  • I am AhI am Ah Joined: Posts: 248
    I don't mind it. I will be glad for all the people that will leave because of their distaste for it.
    https://www.facebook.com/vincent.patawaran?ref=tn_tnmn
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/103676139573700840854/posts
    https://twitter.com/SoomRathma
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Sephiroth80X

All time happens at once.
    Time is just a measurement of movement and the concept of time is all created in each individual's mind. It is just a thought creation. Even when everybody dies the Universe will still live on until forever because there is always One awareness that is creating all of space and time within it's mind. The One awareness is God.
    The entire Universe/all of Space and Time/Creation/Reality is just a mental creation. It is all consciousness. It is all one body, one mind, and one spirit with infinite individuals experiencing the illusion of separateness.
    So, when you think about it, anything is possible within a mind so that means all of consciousness/existence has infinite possibilities therefore you can be God yourself.
    Life is just a game, so have fun with it. You can also reincarnate/re-spawn as many times as you want.

PSN: VictorX1. I am Kalki, the final Avatar of Vishnu. I am also Maitreya Buddha, the 5th Buddha.
    ·
  • AlteisenReiseAlteisenReise Low-Tier Hero Joined: Posts: 22
    I can accept change, but this will probably take some getting used to. The forum lists are all messed up...
    Armor Piercer Extraordinaire.
    UMvC3 A: Iron Fist(Point), Amaterasu, Doctor Doom USF4: Guy, Rose, Yun P4A, Akihiko, Shadow Labrys
    BBCP: Azrael, Platinum GGXRD: Venom,Ky KOFXIII: Kim, Shen Woo, Terry TTT2: Raven-Xiaoyu
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird New and Improved Joined: Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything looks small and cramped. It's very annoying to sort through.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·