STR PRESENTS: THE ST GAMES @ EVO 2013!

12346»

Comments

• KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    BTW, (re: MillerTime), the ladies had a good showing at EVO. MillerTime did well in the Ratio Tournament defeating Marsgatti, James Chen and she defeated Chris Gamble in one of the other tournaments. And Empress took out Immortal and Zoolander over the two days. They're the real deal!
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    kusumondo didn't get any o.sagat practice because he was soft banned in japan :P
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2013
    Kuroppi wrote: »

Don't be fooled by Fatboy's story. He just came up with a creative way to get out of hauling Kurocab to EVO this year. ;)

Damn - I've been exposed!

Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    eltrouble wrote: »

Rumor was that you tore it doing some advanced yoga technique. I'd like to think it's the one that grants you the ability to do Yoga Inferno. Your version is far less interesting :(

picture-107.png
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    edited July 2013
    Kusumondo was definitely not playing as fiercely as he did last year. I chalk it up to him being extremely tired on the first day, since I believe he had literally just gotten off the airplane when he came to play ST. He missed a LOT of headbutt punishes over the low tiger shot at full screen, which I know he has the reactions to do consistently. He seemed off his game this year, but he still enjoyed his time here.

I'll be sure to pass that nice message along to Millertime. It's encouraging to her to see people react so positively to her performance in the tournament, and it's most certainly a morale-booster.
    Kuroppi wrote: »
    BTW, (re: MillerTime), the ladies had a good showing at EVO. MillerTime did well in the Ratio Tournament defeating Marsgatti, James Chen and she defeated Chris Gamble in one of the other tournaments. And Empress took out Immortal and Zoolander over the two days. They're the real deal!

The ladies of socal represented well. They did better in Winner's bracket than half of us, including myself. I think I invested all of my efforts into the team tournament, and spent the rest of the weekend as a walking ST zombie.
    fatboy wrote: »
    picture-107.png

Oh hey! You learned how to use the internet. I was half expecting some error404 message to pop up.

Great. Now you've got me imagining you attempting that...move? I'm scarred for life.

• FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    edited July 2013
    mrdhalsim wrote: »
    ST Games was awesome, I caught most of the stream and glad to see all those tournaments go smoothly. Well the finals of one of them (the ratio tournament?) only showed the Damdai and Afro's faces as they played but no complaints- thank to Mando and guys for all the work streaming it!

The recording station where they played, near the cabs, was having some trouble capturing the finals that day for whatever reason. I was able to get it on cam, though.

EDIT: @fatboy, were you lifting without a spotter?
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    edited July 2013
    Kusumondo has played on a cab for 20 years and I've played on ggpo with a stick on my lap for 3.

Also, I've never really played a top Honda either.

And if you guys are gonna say its just a bs matchup, so is Dee Jay vs Honda and Ryu vs Honda etc etc etc
    Post edited by ultracombo on
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    @ 2:32 do you really have to mash a srk to escape out of the super?..

• eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    It probably helps Valle be sure he gets the SRK. It's similar in theory as to why people double tap. In case you mis-time your attack, your follow-up button presses help ensure you get it out.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    That doesn't look like mashing at all.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
12346»