Anyone try the new Sanwa OBSF-30Q series buttons yet?!?

Nucking Futs!Nucking Futs! Joined: Posts: 1,248 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Tech Talk
I wanted to try something different so I caved in & purchased the blue one's & the matching 24mm (by combining a solid blue with a translucent blue) for my VLX Diamond a couple days ago without hearing any feedback/input. Any thoughts? Worst case scenario, I'll just sell if I'm not feeling them. BTW, excellent service by Arcade Shock! image image
Post edited by Nucking Futs! on
Current fav's the Hori RAP4 VLX! Like the MickeyD's commercial..."I'm lovin it"
·

Comments

• Nucking Futs!Nucking Futs! Joined: Posts: 1,248 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    NM!
    ·
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 804 ✭✭
    Holy convex button batman!
    I make cases. Nice ones. Hit me up.
    Warranty voider extrdinare.
    I always have things for sale or trade.
    If you can't find it I may know a guy who knows a guy
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't think slide technique would work too well with these.
    ·
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    They're like little colorful 30mm sized nips...
    Srs... These are an interesting choice in buttons.
    KOF and AE 2012
    ·
  • butterojbutteroj VWDORK Joined: Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I did :-)

Post edited by butteroj on

·
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    And once again, Arcade Shock comes away with an exclusive in the US!

Those new Sanwa 30mm buttons look nice.

Are the plunger faces transparent like they are on the skeleton/clear buttons? I'm asking to see if it's possible to put artwork underneath the plungers.

Also, is Sanwa reusing the SW-68 microswitch or did they develop a new switch for this button?

If the buttons get positive feedback, I'd likely get them for a new stick in the future OR use them to retrofit an existing joystick.

I've personally no use for "silent" buttons but the other new hardware looks very good!
    ·
    edited February 2013
    GeorgeC said:

And once again, Arcade Shock comes away with an exclusive in the US!

Those new Sanwa 30mm buttons look nice.

Are the plunger faces transparent like they are on the skeleton/clear buttons? I'm asking to see if it's possible to put artwork underneath the plungers.

Also, is Sanwa reusing the SW-68 microswitch or did they develop a new switch for this button?

If the buttons get positive feedback, I'd likely get them for a new stick in the future OR use them to retrofit an existing joystick.

I've personally no use for "silent" buttons but the other new hardware looks very good!

I received them in the mail a few hours after I posted this thread. The blue colors match the VLX Diamond very well! I used them for less than 30-mins & I'm not use to the super convex feel but they're interesting (in a good way) so far. Need more time with them. Yes, the plunger faces are transparent as in, matches the rim color (solid blue rim with transparent blue plunger, solid green rim with transparent green plunger, etc.) & they feel like SW-68 microswitches. I'll take apart one of them to confirm when the 24mm buttons arrive in a couple days so I can open the VLX again (yes, I'm that lazy LOL!).
    ·
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭
    I would not want those for action buttons :x
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
    ·
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.. not a fan I'm afraid.
    ·
  • BlankBlank Mash Attack Joined: Posts: 69
    They seem cool but idk im more of a fan for a flat button than one that bulges out
    ·
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,723 mod
    Perfect for Divekick!
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure
    ·
    edited February 2013
    So after 2-hours of usage, I've decided...I just can't get use to them so they're for sale in my thread in the trading outlet:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/116165/fs-sanwa-obsf-30q-convex-buttons-mc-scv-bezelartwork-wii-pcb-tvc-case-ps2-ps3-conv-wtb-alot

I think it's an interesting concept but just not for me. I'd prefer them in a 24mm size so I can differentiate the start/select/home buttons without looking at the stick (if they're all side-by-side with one or two of them being a super convex Q button).
    ·
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal Little Princess Joined: Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think these buttons were meant to be used on a typical joystick setup.

These were probably meant more for rhythm games, something like custom mini pop'n music or project diva controllers, the latter being somewhat popular recently....
    CHECK OUT MY ARCADE-INSPIRED T-SHIRT SHOP! -- 部屋を掃除する必要があります// expert at cunnilingus
    ·