I'm kinda new to this game so I have a couple questions.

spongemonkey35spongemonkey35 Joined: Posts: 16
Hello. Sorry If I posted in the wrong forum. Anyways I'm wondering 3 things.

1. How to i tech roll. I can't seem to do it. I thought it was holding left or right. I did that many times and it never works.

2. I also want to know if the unlocking the heroes and heralds costumes (the silver ones) glitch is still viable. I don't really wanna play the offline mode nonstop (not to mention I don't even know how to unlock them in the first place.) Maybe I will ask that too. So how do I unlock those costumes. I have already looked online for most of these questions btw and I can't find a straight answer for any of them.

3. How do I unlock that Magneto costume where he looks like a General. I've seen it online and I like to use magneto so I was wondering about that too.

Thanks in advance! Hope someone can help me out.

Comments

• Thunderfang747Thunderfang747 Joined: Posts: 63
    Hi there

1. You can only tech roll when your character gets knocked down. If your opponent does a move that causes soft knockdown you will immediately tech roll in the direction you are holding when your character hits the ground. If your opponent uses a move that causes a hard knockdown, your character will lay on the ground for a certain amount of time. If your opponent does not use an OTG move before your character recovers, then your character will tech roll in the direction you are holding just like with a soft knockdown.

2. I've never bothered to get them myself, but to my knowledge the Heroes and Heralds costumes are unlocked by playing in Heroes and Heralds mode. You get them by going into H&H online mode, picking a side, winning at least 10 matches, and being on the winning team at the end of the week. If you chose Heroes you will get a Capcom character's costume. If you chose Heralds you will get one for the Marvel side.

3. Sadly that costume is gone forever. It was found to be offensive in Spain and they removed it from the costume DLC packs. There was a glitch to use costumes you haven't purchased which people used to have that costume, but it has since been patched out. If you haven't patched your console, have purchased at least one costume pack, and don't mind never being able to play online, this video shows how to perform the glitch. Otherwise I'm afraid you are out of luck it is impossible to get :/

• spongemonkey35spongemonkey35 Joined: Posts: 16
    Thanks so much! I'm very thankful you answered me :)
    Not a problem, glad I could help ^_^
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz It's time for the World Tournament! Joined: Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Actually you don't even need to win 10 matches for the Herald colors. As long as you're on the winning team you get the color.
    Post edited by RadicalFuzz on
    "I believe in infinite possibilities! I'll keep trying to reach the highest point possible, no matter what!" -Ryo Sakazaki
    "Mafia games... I break dat.
    Jesus Toast™... I bake dat." -The Chief
    "Forgive me Father, for I play Vergil"
    -AlphaCommando
    Would It notify me I unlocked one? How do I choose that costume in other modes?
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz It's time for the World Tournament! Joined: Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, at the end of the week if your team won there'll be a small notification that says "Herald Color Unlocked: Captain America" or something like that. It's a color you choose on the character select screen, past color 6. 
    "I believe in infinite possibilities! I'll keep trying to reach the highest point possible, no matter what!" -Ryo Sakazaki
    -AlphaCommando
    Actually you don't even need to win 10 matches for the Herald colors. As long as you're on the winning team you get the color.
    Ah my bad, sorry about that I thought I read that you needed to win 10 matches ^_^ ' 
    No problem. There's not really much information about H&H so it's understandable. 
    -AlphaCommando