New Forum Software FAQ (WIP)

DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever.Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
edited February 2013 in Shoryuken.com Feedback
I'm compiling some information that should help us with our growing pains as we ease into the new software.

Q: The forum's friggin' ugly now!
A: Install this. You're welcome.
(Also, that's not a question.)

Q: Why don't I get notifications for posts that people reply to?
A: That one's being worked on. For now, you can put an @ symbol in front of the user's name when you quote and it'll page them and let them know you mentioned them in a comment.

Example:
[quote=@DaRabidDuckie]Some thing I said.[/quote]

Will come out like this:
Some thing I said.
See the @ symbol? That will page me.

Anywho, that'll work for now (unless you're unfortunate enough to have a space or punctuation in your name). Like I said, the higher-ups are working on it.

Q: Where is (insert feature here)
A: Good question. It just may not be enabled yet. One of the features of Vanilla Forums is that they're quite bare at the default level. It makes them really fucking fast. Unfortunately, they're a little er... vanilla (ha!) and there are some things that haven't been installed yet. Features are coming. Give them a day or two, and please be patient. :)

(I personally know that animated avatars, signatures, and quote notifications are being looked into, along with MANY others. Really, give it time!)

Q: How do I edit my posts?
A: Hover over a post you made. See the little gear? Click on that, then click "edit."

Q: What about Tapatalk?
A: Currently not supported by the host. Fortunately, the native mobile browser is VERY good!
Unfortunately no, we don't currently offer the Tapatalk addon on our hosted sites. It hasn't passed our QA and security review at this time.
(source) -- Thanks, @Kyle!

Q: Where did the emotes go?
A: Emotes are now in the text box. Look to the right. It's a drop down box. (credit to @WTF-AKUMA-HAX for that one!)

Q: Why don't previews work?
A: They do, you just may not have noticed it because it doesn't change windows anymore. When you click preview, the text box changes from edit mode into what I'm calling a "live mode" where it shows you how your post will look. If you like it, click "Post Comment." If you don't, click 'edit" and continue working with it until you like it.

Q: I made a post and it disappeared? Where did it go?
A: Did it have a link or several embeds in it and not much other content? It could have been flagged as spam. One of the best features of the new forums (at least for the mods and admins) is the anti-spam control. Click on your profile and look at it for a sec. See that bit that says "unverified" or "verified"? That's part of the spam filter protection. Every time an "unverified" person posts a link that contains only images or an excessive number of flagged words, it removes that post automatically and puts it into a queue. A moderator reviews that post, and when they determine that it isn't spam, they approve the post for viewing and then get an option to mark that user's account as "verified," which means that they won't be flagged for spam anymore. Even so, people can still flag stuff for spam in case someone's account gets hacked or something.

Q: Why did my post get buried?
A: If enough users mark as post as "spam," "troll," "abuse," or "off-topic," then a post is automatically buried. The best way to prevent this is to not make crappy posts, plain and simple. It could be possible that people are messing with you, and do note that every time a post is flagged, it goes into the moderator queue for review, so I wouldn't worry about people abusing this feature for very long...

Q: Why do people keep clicking "disagree" on my posts?
A: You're either a crappy poster, or people are messing with you. Probably both.

Q: I had a post with a lot of links in it, and now they're broken. Help?
A: It's pretty easy to fix, actually. Edit the post, and look at the link. Delete everything before the numbers in a link and put "http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/" in front of it.

Example:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/gamertag-sharing-thread-xbl-metatag-is-skullgirlssrk.154358/
Becomes:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/154358/
Easy peasy!

Q: I started to make a post, but I changed my mind. Why is it still there?
A: It has to do with the new auto-save draft feature. If you've ever lost a "wall-o-text" when your browser crashed or you accidentally clicked back, this is a godsend. Sometimes it causes problems, though. If you have a stuck draft saved on your text box, delete the text, and then put a single period in the post and click "save draft." It saves over the text, and if nothing else you've at least got a good head start on proper punctuation for your next post. :p

Q: The (x) thread is missing from the (y) section. Can someone move it?
A: The admins had to filter several thousand databases containing millions of posts. It got a little wonky, and there are glitches. They're sorting it out, but that takes time. Patience is appreciated! :)

UPDATE 2/16! From the higher-ups: "We should be able to fix it on Thursday of the upcoming week. There are some caching problems on this server, so they have to step in and correct it."

Q: Is there a way to delete a post?
A:Not right now. You can edit posts, so feel free to just edit your post and say something like "nvm, please delete this post" or something of the sort.

Q: Why did the forums change?
A: The servers that SRK had been hosted on for years could no longer handle the load from all the traffic we were getting. The people who made Xenforo have been in legal troubles since 2010 and the development cycles have gotten shaky. Vanilla Forums handles both the forum hosting AND the software, so it's a pretty good value. This is just an educated guess, though, as I'm just a moderator trying to field all the complaints/questions/etc so the admins can work all the kinks out without being interrupted.

Q: Did we lose our watched threads?
A: Sadly, yes. The older method of tracking threads was not able to be converted to the newer style, called Bookmarks. If you click the star next to the opening post (or while you're browsing the forum list) you can start tracking threads that way.

Anywho, if you guys have any more questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer as quickly as I can.
Post edited by DaRabidDuckie on
"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Comments

• XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,591
    It makes me feel better that there is at least some kind of answer to our feedback, despite some answers just calling for patience. This way I know I'm being heard while I writhe in pain from the new vanilla format.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • ced64kced64k Joined: Posts: 5

A: It's pretty easy to fix, actually. Edit the post, and look at the link. Delete everything before the numbers in a link and put "http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/"; in front of it.

Example:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/gamertag-sharing-thread-xbl-metatag-is-skullgirlssrk.154358/

Becomes:

Easy peasy!

As I said in another thread, this can be easily automated with a rewrite rule in htaccess. Because cool URI's dont change ! :)

• DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    @ced64k wrote: »

A: It's pretty easy to fix, actually. Edit the post, and look at the link. Delete everything before the numbers in a link and put "http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/"; in front of it.

Example:

Becomes:

Easy peasy!

As I said in another thread, this can be easily automated with a rewrite rule in htaccess. Because cool URI's dont change ! :)
    Oh I agree completely, and I really hope that suggestion is being seriously reviewed. The solution I found fixes the problem right now, though, and requires no more work on our (already taxed) admins. That's still a really great idea, though.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,842
    On the main index page for the various forums, there is an option (via a 'gear' prompt) that allows you to "hide" that section/forum.
    I'm guessing it's supposed to function like a sort of collapsible toggle switch to customize a user's particular viewing preferences, but it seems that there isn't a way to restore it back to normal, non-hidden status, unless I'm missing something?

Also, I noticed that there are 'gear' prompts in regards to stickied threads that allow the thread to be "dismissed" (possibly removed from normal viewing, relative to user) from their position at the top of that particular forum.
    What would be the function of the "dismiss" option for forum users?
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    Duckie - Thank you for this! I legitimately can't find where to edit my signature. When you have a second please add that one to the list.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
  • OneFrameLinkOneFrameLink Bringing better tech to the FGC Joined: Posts: 13
    I've written this up about the post feedback options which might be helpful to incorporate into this, as I've seen a number of people asking (in particular, in the thread that was deleted just yesterday).
    <a href="http://blog.oneframelink.com/what-is-one-frame-link/" title="CLICK IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!">Making the FGC better, THROUGH SCIENCE!</a>
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Are they really doing something to give us bigger avatars or should I keep dreaming?
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
    Kurokun wrote: »
    On the main index page for the various forums, there is an option (via a 'gear' prompt) that allows you to "hide" that section/forum.
    I'm guessing it's supposed to function like a sort of collapsible toggle switch to customize a user's particular viewing preferences, but it seems that there isn't a way to restore it back to normal, non-hidden status, unless I'm missing something?

Also, I noticed that there are 'gear' prompts in regards to stickied threads that allow the thread to be "dismissed" (possibly removed from normal viewing, relative to user) from their position at the top of that particular forum.
    What would be the function of the "dismiss" option for forum users?
    I'm still trying to figure all that out myself. I'll look around and see what I can find.
    Kyle wrote: »
    Duckie - Thank you for this! I legitimately can't find where to edit my signature. When you have a second please add that one to the list.
    It's one of the things that have yet to be turned on.
    I've written this up about the post feedback options which might be helpful to incorporate into this, as I've seen a number of people asking (in particular, in the thread that was deleted just yesterday).
    That IS helpful, but I like this one a little better. :p
    @mIRC wrote: »
    why the fuck do we need agree and like? <br />
    Say if I make a post explaining how badly I want to fuck a female Predator. Now this is wholly true. I would love to have sex with a female Predator. Not only are they attractive as all get out but I'd likely be the only human on the planet getting predator snurk nurkle. Hell, I'd never have children otherwise but hybrid progeny would be amazing.<br />
    <br />
    Now, you might "like" that I'm courageous enough to express my lust for the predator species. However, you might not "agree" that fucking a female Predator would be the high of all highs. That's why you need both.<br />
    <br />
    Agree with this post if you want to fuck a predator as badly as I do. Think about it, you could fuck in public with that cloaking technology.

Ichipoo wrote: »
    Are they really doing something to give us bigger avatars or should I keep dreaming?
    That's being worked on, too.

But never stop dreaming. I-)

edited February 2013
    That IS helpful, but I like this one a little better. :p

It's obvious from your response that the following feedback buttons are still missing:
    • Like more than
    • Like less than
    • Dislike

Can we make that happen? :P

<a href="http://blog.oneframelink.com/what-is-one-frame-link/" title="CLICK IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!">Making the FGC better, THROUGH SCIENCE!</a>
    edited February 2013
    It would be awesome if you made a little section at the bottom of OP for posting progress marks, whether or not the progress is obvious.
    So whenever you catch words from the admins and shit that "Feature X" has been added, removed, fixed, or modified, you add it to the list and give everyone a little hope that things are actually being worked on. Kinda like the list of updates on the SG patch before it got released.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    How do I unhide stuff?
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    Mr. X wrote: »
    How do I unhide stuff?
    No clue! Still trying to figure that one out myself. I'm trying to search around for the answer, but I'm having a busy day and I'm updating this on my break.

• jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    Request
    A flag for threads made in wrong section.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• archalienarchalien NorCal Scrub Joined: Posts: 141
    No one migrated favicon :-(
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 3,231
    Is there a way to delete a post? I asked a question in another thread that you covered in this faq, Duckie, but can't get rid of it.
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 380
    Why did you change? What were you using before (VB?)

In the end forums are forums and it doesn't matter, but I always am interested in hearing the reason for switching softwares on a site in production.
    kitsunisan wrote: »
    Is there a way to delete a post? I asked a question in another thread that you covered in this faq, Duckie, but can't get rid of it.
    Not right now. You can edit posts, so feel free to just edit your post and say something like "nvm, please delete this post" or something of the sort.
    Why did you change? What were you using before (VB?)

In the end forums are forums and it doesn't matter, but I always am interested in hearing the reason for switching softwares on a site in production.
    The servers that SRK was on could no longer handle the load. The people who made Xenforo have been in legal troubles since 2010 and the development cycles have gotten shaky. Vanilla Forums now handles both the forum hosting and software. It's a pretty good value. Mind you, this isn't the explicit reason from the admins (which I don't know, either), but this is the answer I'd give if I was the admin and asked this question (I'm just a moderator trying to field all the complaints/questions/etc so the admins can work all the kinks out without being interrupted). Call it an educated guess.

These are both good questions, and I'm adding these to the FAQ.

Oh, and about the unhide thing, I haven't found the answer but I noticed that the Penny Arcade Forums had a similar problem. I'm going to contact their admin and see if he can help us out.

• KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    You might want to add this line about Tapatalk. It's not currently supported by the host.
    Unfortunately no, we don't currently offer the Tapatalk addon on our hosted sites. It hasn't passed our QA and security review at this time.

http://vanillaforums.com/discussion/1608/tapatalk-plugin#latest
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
    Kyle wrote: »
    You might want to add this line about Tapatalk. It's not currently supported by the host.

http://vanillaforums.com/discussion/1608/tapatalk-plugin#latest
    Added, credited. Thanks!

jedpossum wrote: »
    Request

I would think this is what the "off topic" flag is for. It doesn't have to be limited to the scope of the site, but I assume it's applicable down to the thread level, even.
  • BaztasticBaztastic Irregular Maverick Hunter Joined: Posts: 465
    Any idea if the Event Calendar will be coming back in any way, shape, or form? It sucks not being able to have events on the front page anymore :(
    xbl - bluberrylite
    | 1926 * 1931 * 1934 * 1942 * 1944 * 1946 * 1964 * 1967 * 1982 * 2006 * 2011 |
    http://stlbarwarz.tumblr.com/ - Check out Season 2 details and more
    www.facebook.com/stlbarwarz - Like Us!
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Captain 'Murica Walking Wiki Joined: Posts: 1,199
    How do I access advanced formatting options? I can't even see how to add bullet points without referencing ALT codes. Also how do we fix all the broken image notations like :qcf:?
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Dante (jam) | Vergil (RS) and Vergil (RS) | Morrigan (meter) | Dante (Jam)
    SC5: Astaroth
    SC4: Ivy, Rock

Baztastic wrote: »
    Any idea if the Event Calendar will be coming back in any way, shape, or form? It sucks not being able to have events on the front page anymore :(
    Excellent question. I'll ask.
    ifbpwnstar wrote: »
    How do I access advanced formatting options? I can't even see how to add bullet points without referencing ALT codes. Also how do we fix all the broken image notations like :qcf:?
    I'm pretty sure that's high up on the list. Unfortunately I have no idea what the time frame is on that. I hate using these words, but it'll really be done when it's done. ^^;

• gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,937
    edited February 2013
    Yo, there's a problem with the vanilla black code I'm using - threads are not being highlighted when a new post is made, I'm having to rely upon the small text next to them instead. Is it possible to change the highlight colour to something opposing grey, like blue?

Also the 'edit' and 'account option' button text is very unclear.

A pic of my problem:

TTVBproblem_zpsdd6ddd91.jpg
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,579 mod
    gahrling wrote: »
    Yo, there's a problem with the vanilla black code I'm using - threads are not being highlighted when a new post is made, I'm having to rely upon the small text next to them instead. Is it possible to change the highlight colour to something opposing grey, like blue?

Also the 'edit' and 'account option' button text is very unclear.

A pic of my problem:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/gahrling/TTVBproblem_zpsdd6ddd91.jpg
    Better to discuss in Kyle's thread for this.

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • shiryu22shiryu22 Romeo Joined: Posts: 2,821
    Did we lose access to our "Watched threads" ?

shiryu22 said:
    Sadly, yes. The older method of tracking threads was not able to be converted to the newer style, called Bookmarks. If you click the star next to the opening post (or while you're browsing the forum list) you can start tracking threads that way.

I'll also add this to the FAQ, thanks.

shiryu22 said:
    Sadly, yes. The older method of tracking threads was not able to be converted to the newer style, called Bookmarks. If you click the star next to the opening post (or while you're browsing the forum list) you can start tracking threads that way.

I'll also add this to the FAQ, thanks.
    Bummer! Thanks for the reply and no problem. On a positive note, it seems much easier to get to your bookmarks now than it was before since it's always on the top bar. Before, I specifically liked seeing all my watched threads (including ones without updates) and if I wasn't on my home computer, it took me awhile to get to that specific page.
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,738
    So, will we ever be able to see what's on the front page from the forums, like on the previous layout?
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • MascotRayMascotRay Joined: Posts: 125
    I'm not the only one seeing the game specific forums being mashed together right? For example, when I look at the Street Fighter X Tekken Character Discussion, there's characters from Mortal Kombat, MvC2, etc all mixed in there. It's a mess.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    Zebster said:
    So, will we ever be able to see what's on the front page from the forums, like on the previous layout?
    They might bring it back if they find a way to do it, although I'm not sure since a LOT of people complained about it when it was there. 
    MascotRay said:
    I'm not the only one seeing the game specific forums being mashed together right? For example, when I look at the Street Fighter X Tekken Character Discussion, there's characters from Mortal Kombat, MvC2, etc all mixed in there. It's a mess.
    Nah, it's like that for everyone. Wiz is still working on it but it's being a total bitch as far as I know. 
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    Got an update concerning the issue of subforms being in the wrong sections:

"We should be able to fix it on Thursday of the upcoming week. There are some caching problems on this server, so they have to step in and correct it."

jedpossum wrote: »
    Request

I would think this is what the "off topic" flag is for. It doesn't have to be limited to the scope of the site, but I assume it's applicable down to the thread level, even.
    Off topic doesn't get the mods attention.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

Anyone know what the "Promote" reaction means yet? I see it everytime I go to my profile to check notifications and stuff, but I got no idea what it means. Kinda like the level star to the left under our usernames.

edited February 2013
    Ok, a rather situation-specific question here -

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/165165/february-1st-tapioca-tea-ssfiv-ae-umvc3-tournament-in-elk-grove-ca/p1 - in the first post

I run tournaments and try to keep a running results list in the first post of every thread for that specific tournament. I've been running them for quite awhile now and have a bunch. With the new forum transition, there seems to be a new character limit per post; I have no gripe with that. However, I can no longer view all of the results in the spoiler tags in edit mode, and when I click "show source", it shows it but with <div class> codes and other HTML. Am I out of luck? Will I not be able to get the post the way it was formatted in Xenforo?

It's weird because in normal viewing mode, I can click every spoiler tag and see everything that was there before the transition. I just want to be able to have the simply formatted post so I can just break it up if need be to meet the character limit next time I start or edit a thread.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I dont if this was covered somewhere else , but..

I made a post in Image Mishmash section in the Hot Asian Girl Thread comprised mostly of pictures.
    When I clicked "post comment", it said" Your comment will be posted when content is approved"
    It never appeared, but I was able to post images in hot white/bhl girl threads just fine.
    New feature or glitch?

Thanks!
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    I dont if this was covered somewhere else , but..

I made a post in Image Mishmash section in the Hot Asian Girl Thread comprised mostly of pictures.
    When I clicked "post comment", it said" Your comment will be posted when content is approved"
    It never appeared, but I was able to post images in hot white/bhl girl threads just fine.
    New feature or glitch?

Thanks!
    You were flagged by the spam filter. I verified your account so it won't happen again.

jedpossum said:
    Off topic doesn't get the mods attention.
    Hopefully when everything else is ironed out, they'll be able to customize it so that it can.
    This is going to be interesting Is html going to be removed?

• RandomMexicanRandomMexican Joined: Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Man i  dont care about the colors, I  just wanna be able to watch the you tube  videos that were posted here in different character forums, with this new layout  you guys screwed up the entire strategy forums. Im SHOCKED no one has complained  about it.  WTH??? Right   where there was suppose to be videos  i just see links like     WTH is that? did someone just posted the solution and i didnt read it?
    EDIT: now i saw a bunch of recent videos that were posted after the layout change  but still, I need to watch the old videos! is that still posible ???
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,399
    edited February 2013
    I just see links like     WTH is that?
    Since you seem desperate, you can copy and paste the stuff between the tags into any other youtube URL.  Or in other words, put "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" in front of it.  So you can find your Zero video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTit_LC4js
    New Jersey
    The priorities of the new thread need to be:

Fix character image notations
    Fix links
    Fix the character length of posts

This needs to happen first before anything. It is driving me insane. I can't update any of my OPs (my cap thread is 2000+ characters too long! two-fuckin-thousand!), my combos all look a mess, etc... Content before trivial perks and visuals. I can care less about the color palette, my concern is can I get the info I need easily from the forums.
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Dante (jam) | Vergil (RS) and Vergil (RS) | Morrigan (meter) | Dante (Jam)

edited February 2013
    jedpossum said:
    This is going to be interesting Is html going to be removed?

Aw, a lot more stuff works in the editor and then gets stripped out when actually displayed. I miss my <blink> tag :(
    New Jersey
  • mr. tibbsmr. tibbs λ=11 Joined: Posts: 573
    Just dropping a line of encouragement: the forum seems a lot faster now than it did before the changes. So thanks. :)
    CFN: mr_tibbs
    godlikecontrols.com || www.vickomods.com
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2013
    I just see links like     WTH is that?
    Since you seem desperate, you can copy and paste the stuff between the tags into any other youtube URL.  Or in other words, put "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" in front of it.  So you can find your Zero video at

but suppose we just wanna post a new vid up onto the character forums.... how do we create the video appearing on the forum page?

i know how to insert image. i just click the insert image icon on the fonts tool bar....but yt vids are still a mystery to me here.

lemme try this here

Post edited by Axl_m4ster on
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    yeah ok, i got it now thanks icy black deep
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
    yeah ok, i got it now thanks icy black deep
    Ha.  For anyone else wondering: If you just put in a YouTube URL the forum will automatically turn it into an embed.  If you want to actually see the URL as in my previous post you have to switch to HTML mode and put an entity in so it won't get detected as a URL.  But if you go back and forth or go back and edit a post the entity gets replaced and the URL gets detected and the video gets embedded.

New Jersey
    So what should we be doing as far as notation for moves going forward? Should we keep doing :dp:+:l: style notations or will those be changed entirely and we should just post it as "DP+L"? I REALLY want those images back as everything is a mess without it.

• Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    So what dimensions should our avatars be uploaded as now?
  • HisakiHisaki Pro Lurker Joined: Posts: 29
    Hm.  Silly question, and I may well be completely dumb for not looking enough, but is it still possible to buy premium membership in the new layout?  I said in another thread that I'd do so if the site move improved the stability of the forums, and that's been taken care of in my experience, so I'd like to follow through on that.