New Forum Software FAQ (WIP)

2»

Comments

• KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    So what dimensions should our avatars be uploaded as now?
    It's not a matter of getting the resolution right (I tried). They are scaling up the phone avatar instead of the profile image.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 3,231
    Kyle said:
    So what dimensions should our avatars be uploaded as now?
    It's not a matter of getting the resolution right (I tried). They are scaling up the phone avatar instead of the profile image.
    Yup, see that little icon next to your name on the top right of the board?  That's what's actually getting scaled, not the avatar you upload in you profile settings. It'll get there, just need to be a bit more patient.
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
  • One Frame LinkOne Frame Link Joined: Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Delete this post please...
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,678 mod
    For those who may have hidden forums by mistake, use this link.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/?ShowAllCategories=true
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• waddawadda Joined: Posts: 148
    How do I make an about statement underneath my avatar? I can't find the option in edit profile.
    UMvC3: Wolverine/Dormammu/Hawkeye
    Injustice:
  • unprotectedSEXunprotectedSEX [S.H.] Joined: Posts: 3,690
    where do i find my drafts i saved?
    "I dunno, lots of politics. But I don't trust that UnprotectedSex guy, he's the ranbat kingpin of SD, and power corrupts absolutely. Plus he's flagrantly practicing unprotected sex! Unprotected sex should be a lapse of judgement that occurs in the heat of the moment. shouldn't be anyone's creedo,.. that's just needlessly reckless."
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    Is there a way to see my subscribed threads through the mobile site?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,678 mod
    @DaRabidDuckie you should add something about setting the Category Filter to "All Categories" for folks who can't see the 3S, MvC2, CvS2 and TvC forums.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    According to my profile page, I have a point...
    @d3v has 12 points...
    What does this mean?
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Rc_ONRc_ON All these flavors and you choose to be salty. Joined: Posts: 1,890
    edited June 2013
    I've been getting these points too lately. It increased from 5 to 36 in just a few days.
    TTT2: Heihachi/Anna, learning Leo/Jin
    SFxT: Main team Lars/Akuma
    USF4: Dudley
    xbl: rcion
    YT: V Arcee
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    It goes up when you get likes / agrees and down with the rest, as far as I can tell.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @DaRabidDuckie whats the av size, and how come when i post mines always blurry but not on the profile page?
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,713
    Dunno if I should have posted this in the themes thread but is there currently a dark theme for the mobile version? If not is it something that might be added in the future? Assuming that it is possible to do with vanilla.

The mobile version of the site is really good imo but a darker theme would be more pleasant on the eyes and help to preserve battery when browsing the site for long periods of time.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,595 admin
    edited May 2014
    WHY THE FLYING FUCK HAS VANILLA NOT FIXED THE SHITTY ASS HACK WHEREIN YOU CAN LOG IN AS UNKNOWN USER AND HACK LEGENDARY OLD POSTS?

IT IS ABSOLUTE FUCKING BULLSHIT THAT A YEAR LATER BOTS CAN STILL LOG IN AND DESTROY THREADS THAT HELPED BRING OUR COMMUNITY TOGETHER.

To whit:
    * http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/2255/ropa-interior-masculina/p1

This is fucking embarrassingly bad programming by whomever the fuck wrote this. Fucking amateur hour.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

MvC2 for Xbox One/PS4 pls

• DLeck85DLeck85 Joined: Posts: 43
    Hi, this seems like an appropriate place to post this.

I can't seem to get spoiler buttons to work when there are multiple spoilers embedded within a spoiler. Example: Can't see any of the info in the spoiler under "Abel's normals" here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/143901/the-complete-abel-guide#latest.

When I click the first button under "Abel's normals" it expands to 4 more more spoilers, but when I try to click one of the 4 it exapnds to it just ends up hiding them.

I have searched around quite a bit and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I have tried using Chrome, IE and Firefox.

Thanks in advance for any help/info.
    Looks like a bug in:
    ===
    /plugins/Spoilers/js/spoilers.js
    ===

A mod could fix up each affected post on a post by post basis (we'd have little way of knowing what's affected unless you tell us) if we can't get a fix from Vanilla. :\

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 2,008
    Is there a way to turn off the the yellow tag with new post count for specific threads?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123 (Path of Exile, USIV, Awesomenauts, Dota 2)
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,933
    Q: I made a post and it disappeared? Where did it go?

A: Did it have a link or several embeds in it and not much other content? It could have been flagged as spam. One of the best features of the new forums (at least for the mods and admins) is the anti-spam control. Click on your profile and look at it for a sec. See that bit that says "unverified" or "verified"? That's part of the spam filter protection. Every time an "unverified" person posts a link that contains only images or an excessive number of flagged words, it removes that post automatically and puts it into a queue. A moderator reviews that post, and when they determine that it isn't spam, they approve the post for viewing and then get an option to mark that user's account as "verified," which means that they won't be flagged for spam anymore. Even so, people can still flag stuff for spam in case someone's account gets hacked or something.
    Serious question: How well does this anti-spam filter work? I still see quite a lot of spam getting through, but would there be a lot more without the filter in place?
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    Where do you see spam?

• <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,933
    Preppy wrote: »
    Where do you see spam?
    It was just a GD bot thread with a thread title of "So glad I registered" or something like that that popped up earlier today. I've definitely seen a bot thread like that before, too. That threads seems to be long gone, though, but I still see bot threads sneak in every now and then.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,292
    I received a message saying that I'm at level 2. Aside from the fact that I got an extra star next to my post count, what does this mean?
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    edited January 2015
    I received a message saying that I'm at level 2. Aside from the fact that I got an extra star next to my post count, what does this mean?

Basically, the stars is your reputation bar. The more stars you have, the "higher" your rep is.

Every time someone hits insightful, agree, or like, it gives you a point. You can see how many points you have earned by going to your profile.

The point system goes like this: 50 points = 2 stars, 100 points = 3 stars, 500 points = 4 stars, and 1000 points = 5 stars(max level).
    Post edited by Screw_Tiers on
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"
2»