A hello, and a question...

ZamboniChaosZamboniChaos Joined: Posts: 8
What's up guys.

Just wanted to stop and introduce myself to the community, as well as give a huge shout out to all the dedicated people on this site. If it wasn't for ya'll taking the time to share your vast quantities of knowledge with the rest of us newbies, I would have given up trying to learn SF4 after the first week of frustration. You guys rock.

So I've decided to actually learn how to play fighting games after years and years of button mashing and failure. Been playing seriously for about a month now and I'm head over heels in love with SF4:AE. I'm a huge gamer, but everything else is on hold as I've been putting in a few hours daily into practice. Can't remember the last time I took a game so seriously and loved every second of it.

I do have a random question for the community if you'll indulge me.

If you could go back in time to talk to your newbie self when you first started playing fighting games, what's the one piece of advice you'd share with...you?

Thanks for being awesome,
-ZC

Comments

• aegis&brothersaegis&brothers The Dark Knight Sparda Joined: Posts: 31
    Get to know your opponents character as well as your own. I always use to get mindfucked by Ibuki players.
    3S: Yang, Urien, Ken
    AE: Cody, Adon
    Cvs2: Rock,Yamazaki,Geese
    UMVC3: Vergil, Wesker, Hawkeye
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • RonDissectedRonDissected Joined: Posts: 13
    Being such a 3s fanatic back then, I didn't really give SF4 in general a shot. I just criticized the game. So I guess I would tell my past self to not be so stubborn. I actually just got back into fighting games (AE) like 2 weeks ago so message me if you ever wanna play!
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Flawless Prosecutor. Joined: Posts: 7,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piece of advice I'd give my past self?
    "Use these about 15 times more than you do right now"
    Juri_crouching_MK.jpg

Juri_crouching_HP.jpg
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could go back to when I just started playing fighting games and tell myself one thing, it'd have to be to focus on mindgames/yomi. If you can get in their head and control their options, you've already gone a long way towards beating them.
    I am the one true frog.
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    What's up guys.

Just wanted to stop and introduce myself to the community, as well as give a huge shout out to all the dedicated people on this site. If it wasn't for ya'll taking the time to share your vast quantities of knowledge with the rest of us newbies, I would have given up trying to learn SF4 after the first week of frustration. You guys rock.

So I've decided to actually learn how to play fighting games after years and years of button mashing and failure. Been playing seriously for about a month now and I'm head over heels in love with SF4:AE. I'm a huge gamer, but everything else is on hold as I've been putting in a few hours daily into practice. Can't remember the last time I took a game so seriously and loved every second of it.

I do have a random question for the community if you'll indulge me.

If you could go back in time to talk to your newbie self when you first started playing fighting games, what's the one piece of advice you'd share with...you?

Thanks for being awesome,
    -ZC
    The person who loses to scrubby play is the scrub, not the one who does it. The way you stop people from playing scrubby is to beat them mercilessly, and if they don't adapt, then they're scrubs. But don't give people shit for what they're doing. Instead, learn how to absolutely destroy their tactics. When you lose, make it so that they can never beat you the same way again. Often through training mode.

Have faith in your own ability to execute. Not just combos, but also anti-airs, reads, whiff punishes, etcetera. You can do everything Daigo Umehara does if you practice enough and have the right mindset.

Constantly work on little things. They add up to a LOT. Don't neglect ANYTHING.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.