Winning online in SSF4

abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭
It seems no matter how hard I try or what character I use my winning percentage never goes up
Psn:Genocidecu
UMVC3:Vegil/X-23/Dante Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina SSf42012:Guy/Juri/Dudley
GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato

Comments

• detekniciandeteknician Joined: Posts: 338
    You have to win more games to get your winning percentage to go up. So if you win 1 out of every 2 games, it will always be 50%.
    Also, no one cares about winning percentage.
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

• DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    Neutral jump.
    Blow up tons of people online.
    KOF and AE 2012
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    Oh.
    So, no questions on what to do better, or what you do and how to improve it?

Well. Good luck!
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭
    Oh.

Well. Good luck!

The thing is I use Ibuki, Dudley and M.Bison and I can play decently but, once i get online I get destroyed.
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Vegil/X-23/Dante Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina SSf42012:Guy/Juri/Dudley
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • EricGGMusicEricGGMusic Online Tournament Organizer Joined: Posts: 1,738
    abkallday wrote: »
    Oh.

Well. Good luck!

The thing is I use Ibuki, Dudley and M.Bison and I can play decently but, once i get online I get destroyed.

So how "decent" do you think you are if you're getting destroyed online?
    PSN: Fashionistah
    MvC2: Rogue/Sent/CapCom
    3SO: Chun Li, Remy
    SSF4 AE: E.Honda, Chun Li
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,090 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    abkallday wrote: »

Identify where your shortcomings are, then work to improve.

Can you perform your character's BnB hit-confirms? How varied are your mixups? Do you have any execution issues? Are you jumping in too much? Do you have your anti-airs down pat?

Are you playing to your opponent's skill level? Newer players mash, so you need to stay away from frame traps and untight blockstrings. If they're solid and know how to OS-tech properly, are your frametraps on point?

These are all questions you can research for yourself. Check the stickies, and check out the Vesper Arcade SFIV and Sirlin SFII tutorials on Youtube to see if there's any fundamental concepts you might be lacking. There could even be a very simple solution to all this that you might have missed.
    Post edited by Krackatoa on
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    If you can anti air and bait reversals you'll win more than you'll lose percentage wise. The overwhelming play 80% online is to jump in to start an offence or to mash a reversal under pressure. Throw in some decent ground footsies and your winning most of the time.

Ask yourself are you playing to win or playing to have fun? A lot of the time winning comes in the form of playing like a complete boring spastic to accommodate poor player habits - basically waiting for them to do something retarded then punish.

I see players complaining all the time that they are no good then I offer some matches to see what the problem is and the first thing they start trying to pull off more set ups and combo's than Bullcat on speed.

Keep it simple. You can apply your fancy set ups and combo's once you have proper control of your character.

A player with good footsies and spacing will beat a player with good execution, set ups and combos EVERY day of the week.
    Post edited by Highlandfireball on
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭
    you have to sacrifice your soul to the devil to win online. are you ready for that step?
    not good at any, mediocre at many
  • MissionSchabernackMissionSchabernack Joined: Posts: 477
    petran79 wrote: »
    you have to sacrifice your soul to the devil to win online. are you ready for that step?

No that is not all, that would be too easy. You also have to spend countless of hours in training mode and have to analyze your matches and understand why you lost (that is the part everybody does, so to beat them, you have to sell your sould) :P

• KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭
    Who gives a shit about your winning percentage if you're getting better? Focus on reactions, punishes, offense, and footsies. If you improve, you'll get better.

If you take online seriously you're only gonna give yourself heartache.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.