360 SF IV madcatz fightpad not working on PC? Help please

tick_tocktick_tock Joined: Posts: 653
I bought sf x tekken off steam a few days ago and I can't get my sf IV fightpad to work on my pc.

From what I've been able to google people say that all you have to do is DL the regular 360 controller drivers and that they should work with the fightpad.

I've done that but it's still not working. My laptop recognizes that a sf iv fightpad is connected but under hardware it still says that i don't have the proper drivers even though I've downloaded the 360 controller drivers.

Really could use some help as I'm pretty frustrated at this point. Thanks.

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where you getting your drivers from?

For Xbox 360 game pad drivers only go to Microsoft's own website
    Windows should have automatically download the drivers straight from microsoft's servers when you plugged the pad in to your PC.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • tick_tocktick_tock Joined: Posts: 653
    Darksakul said:
    Where you getting your drivers from?

For Xbox 360 game pad drivers only go to Microsoft's own website
    Windows should have automatically download the drivers straight from microsoft's servers when you plugged the pad in to your PC.
    It was MS's website.  I got the 360 accessories tab and all and it just isn't recognizing the pad.

When I plugged in the controller it searched for drivers but told me that no drivers could be found.  After doing some googling people said that I should go DL the regular 360 drivers from MS's website so I did and under my device manager it is still giving me the yellow exclamation warning and saying that I don't have the proper drivers.

I'm using windows 7 btw.  I appreciate the response and any further information.
  • MysticMemoriesMysticMemories Joined: Posts: 3
    Same problem here using Windows 7(64bit)...with a Madcatz Fightpad and Hori VX SA Stick, uninstalled and installed the XBCD from MS over and over again, i think its the mainboard...