Characters that are BFF

guiarroyosguiarroyos What kind of sorcery is this?Joined: Posts: 123
So, which pair of characters are known as best friends forever? The common ones I know (and I usually fear):

-Magneto/Sentinel
-Wolverine/Akuma
-Zero/Dante
-Wesker/Strider
-Doom/Strider
-Doom/Amaterasu
-Morrigan/Doom

So many Doom ones...
UMvC3: Magneto - Dr. Strange - Dr. Doom
SSFIVAE: Rose
MK9: Rain - Ermac
Injustice: Raven - Batman

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Viper/Dante
    Viper/Strider
    Dorm/Doom
    Dorm/Shuma
    Morrigan/Vergil (mainly because Morrigan builds meter well + best meter building assist and they're both insane with meter)
    Morrigan/Dante (IMO her other best assist, helps her play more rushdown centric, Dante loves the meter for DT also)
    Iron Man/Sentinel
    X-23/Iron Man
    Dante/Strider
    Dante/Iron Man
    Dante/Magneto
    Felicia/Dante
    Felicia/Strider
    Strider/Magneto
    Strange/Dante
    Strange/Ammy
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 529 ✭✭
    There was a thread for the best shells before... but I'm always up for a discussion lol.

HULK/DRONES
    Nova/Sentinel
    Nova/Doctor Strange
    Nova/Spencer
    Iron Fist/Spencer
    Trish/Frank West
    Nova/Frank West
    Spencer/Frank West
    Super Skrull/Frank West
    Tron/Frank West
    Vergil/Frank West
    Vergil/Strider
    Vergil/Amaterasu
    Captain America/Sentinel
    Captain America/Iron Man
    Captain America/Akuma
    Captain America/Doctor Doom
    Wolverine/Doctor Doom

Some pairings are becoming popular while some are known to those who use the particular character.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    haggar/deadpool
    haggar/arthur
    hulk/haggar
    wesker/jean
    wright/doom
  • triplexraidertriplexraider Fall into darkness! Joined: Posts: 1,050

Dorm/Shuma

Wait, really? Better than Dorm/Magneto?
    Manga Therapy - Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)
    PSN: triplexraider
    UMvC3: Haggar/Dormammu/Doctor Doom (UMvC3 Version of Team Watts)
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Lemme try my best here:
    Spoiler:
    Strange/Dante
    Ghost Rider/Dante
    Hawkeye/Doom
    Iron Fist/Iron Man
    Nova/Strider
    RR/Strider
    Captain America/Doom
    Deadpool/Strider
    Doom/Strider
    Dorm/Doom
    Hulk/Strange
    Iron Man/Strider
    Magneto/ANY ASSIST
    MODOK/Doom
    Jean/WHY DOES SHE HAVE AN ASSIST
    Sentinel/Dante
    She-Hulk/Strider
    Spider-Man/Strange
    Storm/Doom
    Skrull/Sentinel
    Thor/Strange
    Wolverine/Akuma
    X-23/Dante
    Shuma/Sentinel
    Firebrand/Dante
    Frank/Dante
    Nemesis/Dante
    Wright/Dante
    Strider/Vergil (DAT DAMAGE)
    Vergil/Strider
    Akuma/Strider
    Amaterasu/Dante
    Arthur/Dante
    Chris/Strider
    Chun-Li/Strider
    Viper/Strider
    Dante/Strider
    Felicia/Strider
    Haggar/Strange
    Hsien-Ko/Wesker
    Morrigan/Doom
    Ryu/Iron Man
    Spencer/Strider
    Trish/Doom
    Tron/Frank
    Joe/Doom
    Wesker/Strider
    Zero/Dante
    Jill/Sentinel

Striders=15
    Dooms=8
    Dantes=11
    Sentinels=3
    Stranges=4
    Other=7 (Iron Man, Wesker, Frank, Akuma, and Undefined)
    Post edited by just5moreminutes on
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • SolCalibur64SolCalibur64 Joined: Posts: 20
    Lemme try my best here:
    Spoiler:

Frank/Dante
    People don't use those two enough, I see too many Nova/Frank or Skrull/Frank.
    UMVC3 Main Team: Frank/Dante/Wesker
    UMVC Secondary Team: Wesker may Cry
    Characters in training: Spencer
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭
    nobody mention frank/dante yet?

the level of derp dante offers frank is too good to pass up.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    Frank/Dante is a really good shell. But I think the problem is that you'd have to use Frank West on point, which isn't the most viable thing in the game. And as he has such a great assist people may have him on the back end off their team, or second, and would probably have an anchor other than Dante on their team.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    YawDan said:
    Frank/Dante is a really good shell. But I think the problem is that you'd have to use Frank West on point, which isn't the most viable thing in the game. And as he has such a great assist people may have him on the back end off their team, or second, and would probably have an anchor other than Dante on their team.
    not really you can do million dollars into QCB super then photo/jam session to get level 5 frank but this doesn't for in the corner 
    YawDan said:
    not really you can do million dollars into QCB super then photo/jam session to get level 5 frank but this doesn't for in the corner 
    Exactly YawDan, i've bothered to put up with that. I've had many people tell me not to use/why do you use frank on point but that's how I roll. Of course magneto and some other characters will give Frank problems which means that I will use Dante and get Magnus into a TAC and then guess correctly and them bam, I have my levels.

The timing for QCB would be a bit too tight for what it's worth just for team positioning and i think you might be slightly far away (haven't tried to care) to get a snapshot
    thats why you can use dante trish frank (Don D) and instant level 5 build meter million dollars into round trip hard tag then take picture.
    Not trying to be pedantic, but I took Frank/Dante to mean that was the order they were to be played in, which is I talked about Frank being on point with Dante as an assist. I've played Don D at Winner Stays On  too lol, so I was aware of levelling up Frank that way, first hand, losing 1-3 to it.

I ain't salty though.
  • TenguEggTenguEgg Joined: Posts: 1,145
    YawDan said:
    Hmm? Thats not true, you can hard tag in Frank off of sky dance ground bounce and take a pic.
    YawDan said:
    Not trying to be pedantic, but I took Frank/Dante to mean that was the order they were to be played in, which is I talked about Frank being on point with Dante as an assist. I've played Don D at Winner Stays On  too lol, so I was aware of levelling up Frank that way, first hand, losing 1-3 to it.

I ain't salty though.
    you shouldn't I remember playing him once casually without recognizing him... 5/0 to him
    TenguEgg said: YawDan said: Frank/Dante is a really good shell. But I think the problem is that you'd have to use Frank West on point, which isn't the most viable thing in the game. And as he has such a great assist people may have him on the back end off their team, or second, and would probably have an anchor other than Dante on their team. Hmm? Thats not true, you can hard tag in Frank off of sky dance ground bounce and take a pic.
    Lol again, people keep missing where I was coming from  X_X  lol.

When I was saying Frank West/Dante... I took the order the characters were mentioned in to be the order we would use them bffs, so with Frank West being used first or on point with Dante as the assist. I wouldn't have had a problem if it was put as 'Dante/Frank West', (though Frank West can level up with the team hyper combo and just take pics while million dollars is hitting). I'm not saying it isn't possible to use Frank West on point with Dante as the assist,. I just think it'd be much harder to use them in
    in that particular order.

It's like when we mentioned Captain America/Doctor Doom. I assumed this implied Captain America being on point with Doom (hidden missiles) assist because of the TOD off the relaunch, and that' their optimal order. If it were put as Doctor Doom/Captain America, I would have assumed Doctor Doom being used with a Captain America assist, which isn't good.
    thats why you can use dante trish frank (Don D) and instant level 5 build meter million dollars into round trip hard tag then take picture.
    I have seen this though.
    Most usually have to super jump after a DHC.
    I have seen this though.
    Most usually have to super jump after a DHC.
    yea DHC from million dollars to trish's roundtrip super then hard tag to frank so he can take picture...
  • guiarroyosguiarroyos What kind of sorcery is this? Joined: Posts: 123
    I play the Strange/Doom duo and is also very synergetic. Any Doom assist is good for Strange, specially missiles (Strange with missiles can extend combos, create teleport mixups and zone meterless, even better than Dorm). Doom DHC well into Sphere Flame after a combo with Strange's Spell of Vishanti. Strange's Bolts and Eye are very good for Doom on rushing down or for incoming mixups, respectively.
    Strange's bolts is basically good for any character that can across the screen quickly (Magneto, Nova, Spencer, Spider-Man), for teleporters (Vergil, Dante, Dormammu) and for zoning and pressure (V. Joe, Hulk, Captain America, Doom, Hawkeye).
    UMvC3: Magneto - Dr. Strange - Dr. Doom
    SSFIVAE: Rose
    MK9: Rain - Ermac
    Injustice: Raven - Batman
  • Raz0rRaz0r I disapprove Joined: Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Roster/Doom

/thread
    Post edited by Raz0r on
    This is offensive.
  • AceKillahAceKillah EXS of Greed Joined: Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭
    Sparda/Iron Man

Took the litmus paper test, said I'm based.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭
    Phoenix/X-Factor
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • AnimageAnimage Joined: Posts: 27
    phoenix wright/frank + dante
    can you imagine
    UMVC3 Main: Doom/Sent/Strider
    PSABR Main: Raiden
    PSN: ANMG97
    edited March 2013
    Yeah so like I suck... Frank/Dante is an awesome shell, no matter which 'order' they are in. Frank's guaranteed 2 level up's with Dante, and with a meter you're guaranteed level 4 (level 5 if your other assist has enough hit stun to let Frank take another snap shot after the raw tag), and Jam Sessions good for converting too.

I've made a team now, Cap/Dante/Frank, and use the raw tag off a shield slash to continue comboing with Frank and get to level 4. I'm also getting his TAC infinite down in case I wanna have fun.

Before my issues were more to do with Frank on point, as to get a clean hit with him your opponent has to be poor would be hard, but I got that confused and starting saying the shell was bad. But nah you guys were onto something.
    Post edited by YawDan on
  • OlDirtyBastardOlDirtyBastard Tragedy's A' Comin' Joined: Posts: 249
    Im a big fan of Haggar/Frank. Frank's cart assist helps with Haggars combos plus give his a solid corner reset. Snag a happy birthday with a pipe? Haggar Press> Cart super(XF follow up if you want) does a bunch of damage without having to worry about anyone falling out. Off of a grounded hit, Haggar can RFF>hard tag frank for level 4(1 meter) and can get a second photo off of a well timed lariat. Hell you can even follow that up with a ToS super for even more damage. You can also TAC off of any of haggar's combos and follow up with 2 photos off of lariat assist. Lariat assist can help frank with either a photo into a relaunch or just 2 photos into a super
    I draw the blinds
    Then I take my clothes off
    Dance around the house like Nature Boy
  • RegaldoRegaldo Joined: Posts: 73
    can't believe nobody mentioned m.o.d.o.k./frank, she-hulk/strider
  • LanturicoLanturico Joined: Posts: 3
    Can't forgot Firebrand/Ammy. That Cold Star sets up some nasty unblockables for Firebrand!
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin Hawkan Player in USF4 Joined: Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Don´t know Stephen and Joe seem to be very close friends, but not really sure about that.
    Congratulations to Kimo Pamintuan for placing higher than Daigo Umehara at EVO2014.
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Imanity OP Joined: Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wright/Dante and Wright/Wesker
    Jam Session, even on block, lets you get two pieces of evidence and pushes the opponent back. Even if they predict Jam Session and start beating up Dante, Maya can help interrupt them/shield. And if they launch him it's a valid idea to sacrifice him for evidence, though it's a risky gamble. Wesker's gun assist allows Phoenix to land Objection after grabs and air combos. And he also allows him to relaunch after an air series AND get a piece of evidence. If you reach the corner you get a really good mixup with Jam Session + Maya Slide. If they roll forward they cross themselves up because Maya will still come out even if you start getting hit and you get a free combo. If they neutral/roll back they are in blockstun from Jam Session and Maya and you have the entire screen to run away until your assists are back. Steel Samurai Maya Smelting DHC into Devil Trigger allows for easy unblockables if you can lock them down with paperwork so they can't chicken block. Team hyper (with Dante) allows you enough time to find tons of evidence and if you're in the corner you can land Objection.
    Let the games begin.
  • WoodyWoody Joined: Posts: 67
    edited March 2013
    I'm finding a ridiculous amount of synergy between Doctor Strange and Iron Man (RB assist). RB is a decent defensive tool for Strange, but it gets ridiculous when you realize it allows Strange to do all of his combos that require difficult setups (i.e. it puts his enemies at the perfect height and distance to do palm and FoF loops). It also lasts long enough for Strange to get off TWO teleports and still confirm into either of his damaging loops. I haven't started experimenting with oki mixups yet, but I know RB is wide enough to catch a lot of forward and back techs; it's just a matter of whether Strange's TP allows him to capitalize on that fact. Their THC is also ridiculous. It's a 1-frame OTG that tracks and hits anywhere on screen for a nice chunk of damage. Not only that, but IM's beam lasts a lot longer than Strange's, allowing for some interesting post-super setups without resulting on Strange's basic XF cancel followup. The only real downside to their partnership is having to rely on Iron Man as either your mid or anchor. [EDIT] I experimented with their THC a bit, and found that when Strange finishes his SoV, he has time to TP(H) and go into his palm loop, no XF required.
    Post edited by Woody on
  • MysticRayMysticRay Mashes Dive Kick Until It Works. Joined: Posts: 4,732
    Firebrand/Whackbot
    Skrub/Whackbot
    Firebrand/Skrub
    UMVC3 Teams: Kawaiibrand/Skrub/Whackbot . Kawaiibrand/Dog/Skrub
    Lovez the chubbays and Dark Magician Fatty.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • TRUEB7UETRUEB7UE The Once and Future King Joined: Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Take any of these assists
    Jam session
    Cold Star
    Missiles
    Plasma Beam
    Unibeam
    Drones

There's a very very high chance that x+any of those makes a good duo
    I don't get the dorm/shuma thing dj, care to explain?
    Post edited by Rokmode on
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • HappyMonkHappyMonk Active Member Joined: Posts: 44
    don't forget vajra in the x +any list
  • GlassLemonGlassLemon Abandon all hope! Joined: Posts: 64
    edited March 2013
    Haggar/Chris (Surprised this one wasn't mentioned earlier)
    Chris/Strider
    Chris/Dante
    Chris/Sentinel
    Chris/Spencer
    Chris/Arthur
    Skrull/Strange
    Thor/Arthur
    Iron Fist/Akuma
    Iron Fist/Frank
    Post edited by GlassLemon on
    UMvC3: Chris/Sentinel/Dante--- Chris/Spencer/Dante--- Haggar/Chris/Super-Skrull
  • GodotsRevengeGodotsRevenge [HE] Joined: Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. Joe/ Strange
    Morrigan/ Doom
    That was a joke. Haha.
  • DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    Haggar (lariat) and Chris (land mine) Dante Doom and Chris are everyone's friends as all three have three excellent assists. Chris Dante Strider may as well be team BFFs
    Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
  • whitechumpboxerwhitechumpboxer Joined: Posts: 18
    seriously? no one said xxx/Doom/Vergil These two in 2nd and 3rd position on a team are pretty much a requirement nowadays. strong point character+TAC into Doom=Dead Character and 5 bars for anchor Vergil. GG win game over.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,014
    Not that many care but you have

Spidey/Dorm
    Spidey/Doom
    Spidey/Iron Man
    Spidey/Dante
    Spidey/Sentinel
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • SB MaximusSB Maximus Joined: Posts: 72
    edited March 2013
    Firebrand/Dormammu
    Dormammu/Strange
    Wolverine/Akuma
    Vergil/Dante
    Doom/Ammy
    Nova/Spencer
    Magneto/Doom
    Dante/Dormammu
    Nova/Skrull

I think it's kinda strange how most of the rivals pair together extremely well.
    Post edited by SB Maximus on
    PSN: Doeomo

Mainly Marvel. I'm trying to learn some SF too.