Skullheart: The Official Skullgirls Forum (it's where everyone actually goes)!

ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STARJoined: Posts: 1,224
edited May 2014 in Skullgirls
Juuuuust in case you didn't know already, a new forum popped up recently. Skullheart! Even if you have no plans on moving from SRK (even though you can be at both forums) you should check it out. It has some really nifty things there, and several Skullgirls players already visit. So, if you ain't one of 'em, you need to re-prioritize your internet time for a minute!
Post edited by Zidiane on
xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
·

Comments

• KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,123 ✭✭
    You're going to get a lot of traffic thanks to the SRK rework. Hahaha
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
    ·
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    edited February 2013
    The forum is looking better everyday(thank Vad for that), registered members are steadily climbing, and tourney events including the online gathering "SkullBats" are much more organized .

I'll repeat what i said on some other thread already, the point of SH is not to be some Noah's Ark preparing a mass exodus... its supposed to be a central hangout where the fandom could unite from the gaming aspect to the arts aspect to exchange ideas. No reason not to do SH and Srk in separate tabs if you personally prefer to frequent Srk still.

Update: Might as well say this too...Mike Z not a big fan of the New Srk based on what he just said on the Salty Cupcake stream and thinks Dustloop looks better in comparison. He hasn't seen SH yet when someone brought it up, but will take a look at it soon since he liked the idea that the community made a dedicated site happen for Skullgirls.
    Post edited by Number 13 on
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    ·
  • [Roz][Roz] Joined: Posts: 78
    SH is looking sweeeet. Will relocate there for any Skullgirls info.
    www.ptfighters.com, home to the Portuguese fighting game community.
    ·
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    As long as SRK looks like this, nobody is seriously staying here.
    Why.
    ·
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭✭
    Joined. Liking it so far. 
    PSN: rayplay
    I'm outrageous. So anti social that I make others feel like THEY'RE the outcasts, not me.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
    ·
  • keninblackkeninblack Joined: Posts: 3,474
    Yeah, everyone go to Skullheart. ITS THE MOVE. BANG BANG
    ·
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    The community is growing there, quite awesome.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    The Skullgirls custom theme is awesome.
    ·
  • RustyShacklefurdRustyShacklefurd Donkey Kong Engineer Joined: Posts: 594
    Shameless bump. come on over, it's safe, and it's sexy. Also it doesn't frag your mind with bright laser-like lighting.
    PSN: RustyShacklefurd
    Steam: Weatherbee
    ·
  • 5th Of Dismember5th Of Dismember Joined: Posts: 27
    now that there is a forum like this kinda no reason fro me to be here on shoryuken 
    ·
  • KawalornKawalorn Joined: Posts: 70
    And fresh news! Skullheart will actually become official Skullgirls forum! More details here: http://skullheart.com/forums/index.php?threads/skullheart-becoming-official.362/

I mean, why should they make their own when they already have a good one? ;)
    ·
    Skullheart is awesome.
    ·
  • Dragonage2ftwDragonage2ftw Joined: Posts: 152
    Zidiane wrote: »
    Skullheart is awesome.

Agreed. They're quite awesome. And mature. Which, unfortunately, is rare on the Internet.
    Black Egrets, assemble!
    ·
    Agreed. They're quite awesome. And mature. Which, unfortunately, is rare on the Internet.
    Yeah. I get spoiled with the Skullgirls community. I go other places and people act all immature and shit.
    ·
    Just to let everyone know, they got almost all of the voice actresses and Big band. The following is a list of other important members. The list is for reference only - please don't bug them about features on this site.

Lab Zero Members:
    Mike_Z
    Ravidrath
    Kinuko
    Persona
    Animoose

Voice Actresses (check out the VA thread for more info):
    Double - CharlotteAnn
    Ms. Fortune - Kimlinh Tran
    Parasoul - Erin Fitzgerald
    Painwheel - daniellemcrae
    Big Band - iamrichbrown

There's also talk about a japanese section of the site, and making it the official forum. I'm not ultra paying attention, but I've heard these things recently.
    ·
  • 0sh0sh Sumgai Joined: Posts: 518 ✭✭✭
    There's also talk about a japanese section of the site, and making it the official forum. I'm not ultra paying attention, but I've heard these things recently.

The Japanese section will happen as soon as we can find a mod with enough proficiency in the language to actually perform mod duties. Officialness will happen when Lab Zero get time to make the announcement.
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,229 mod
    What's up with the site? I keep getting a "You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server" message when I try to get on.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten Regalia of Omniscience. Joined: Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there something wrong with this site? Maintenance perhaps? Because it just fell off of the planet . . .
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    3DS: 1048-9697-8273
    NNID: Little_Goten
    Pokemon, Pokemon TCG, PanZ Dragon Ball Z CCG, Third Strike, Vsav, Skullgirls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardfight Vanguard

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ·
  • RogerDogRogerDog Joined: Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8042080/#Comment_8042080
    Guys, skullheart is down for the moment and I'm not going to be able to work on it until I get home from university (about 6 hours from now). My university also IP-blocks access the the IRC so if someone can do me a favour and spread the word on there I would be much obliged.

Apologies for any inconvenience - I just have no way of dealing with the issue right now.

I'll note labzerogames.com (where the IGG images are all stored) is down as well. It shouldn't be related to Skullheart, but interestingly enough is down nonetheless.
    Post edited by RogerDog on
    ·
    0sh wrote: »
    Guys, skullheart is down for the moment and I'm not going to be able to work on it until I get home from university (about 6 hours from now). My university also IP-blocks access the the IRC so if someone can do me a favour and spread the word on there I would be much obliged.

Apologies for any inconvenience - I just have no way of dealing with the issue right now.
    Why.
    ·
  • LordTerminalLordTerminal Joined: Posts: 77
    RogerDog wrote: »
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8042080/#Comment_8042080

I'll note labzerogames.com (where the IGG images are all stored) is down as well. It shouldn't be related to Skullheart, but interestingly enough is down nonetheless.

Is that also why no donations have been made in the last 30-40 minutes or is that just mere coincidence? Because if it's the former, then this is the worse damn time for something like that to possibly happen.
    ·
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Late News, but for the sake of the lurkers the site is up again
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭
    Site is down, Vad has uni in a few hours so yeah giving yall a heads up
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
    Back up
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
    Back up!
    Why.
    ·
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,266 ✭✭
    getting a different error now
    Service Unavailable

i think the hype literally broke skullheart
    "Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts,
    with barest wrists and stoutest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts,
    and still insists he sees the ghosts."
    ·
  • Rabbit360Rabbit360 keyboard warrior Joined: Posts: 280
    edited March 2013
    edit: at least there is a backup forum when skullheart is down.
    Post edited by Rabbit360 on
    ·
    Yeah, so basically we have no choice right now but to look for a new host, which could take anything from a few hours to several days. I know this can be frustrating, and I really am doing everything I can to make things work.
    ·
  • venusandevevenusandeve Joined: Posts: 172
    LOL, I remember bragging about the number of users we had on that "why is SG unpopular" thread. we should've seen it coming XD
    "If i can't love, then i will surely hate. either way, thrashing you remains an option"
    ·
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS HOLY LEVEL!?! Joined: Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should've expected it because of the fundraiser. The lesson to be learned is that, however popular you expect SG to be or how fast you expect it to grow, is clearly an underestimation.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    ·
  • Motch420Motch420 Joined: Posts: 41
    I do hope skull heart comes back up soo I do miss it
    ·
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS HOLY LEVEL!?! Joined: Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they don't come back with a new format I am content with waiting. The sooner the better though. The IRC can get pretty stale and nobody wants to recreate the the SH threads on here

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    ·
    It should be up monday or tuesday.
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭
    lol this is the breast cancer fundraiser scenario all over again. Quick better make a new website!
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
    Sorry guys, I thought I had already posted in this thread. As things currently stand, it looks like we'll be moving to one of Autumn's servers, but I'm waiting to hear back from their tech guy. The idea is to make the move to the new server "this weekend or early next week".

And don't worry. Everything will be exactly the same as when the site went down (well, actually there's a new version of xenForo out, but you get the point).
    ·
    The idea is to make the move to the new server "this weekend or early next week".

And don't worry. Everything will be exactly the same as when the site went down (well, actually there's a new version of xenForo out, but you get the point).
    "This weekend or early next week". Does that mean within the next couple days, or 7 day minimum?

What's xenForo?
    ·
    Xenforo is the forum layout SkullHeart runs. Better known as the old SRK layout

·
    The idea is to make the move to the new server "this weekend or early next week".

"This weekend or early next week". Does that mean within the next couple days, or 7 day minimum?

What's xenForo?
    I can't really answer your question about the timeframe - those are the exact words that were sent to me.

And yeah, xenForo is the forum software that the site is running.
    ·
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should switch to Vanilla. 2169924-kappa.png
    STOMP!
    ·
  • venusandevevenusandeve Joined: Posts: 172
    I just want the forum as it looked, with the functions it had. If it happens under the hood though, don't care much to know.
    "If i can't love, then i will surely hate. either way, thrashing you remains an option"
    ·
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭
    Should've expected it because of the fundraiser. The lesson to be learned is that, however popular you expect SG to be or how fast you expect it to grow, is clearly an underestimation.
    I can't believe I slept on this game for so long, I tried to get into skullgirls because of the Dlc fundraiser and I'm having a blast. I can't wait for skull heart to come back up, I didn't even get to see what it looked like!

·
  • Mr._____Mr._____ Joined: Posts: 37
    I can't wait for skull heart to come back up, I didn't even get to see what it looked like!
    It was beautiful, man. Text at the perfect contrast, avatars were a great size, the big skullgirls news in the form of threads on the front page, you could even upload images on it...
    ·
  • Dragonage2ftwDragonage2ftw Joined: Posts: 152
    Mr._____ wrote: »
    I can't wait for skull heart to come back up, I didn't even get to see what it looked like!
    It was beautiful, man. Text at the perfect contrast, avatars were a great size, the big skullgirls news in the form of threads on the front page, you could even upload images on it...

Not to mention, the community was top notch as well. They're mature, a rarity on the Internet, and they're smart, funny, and even respectful.
    Black Egrets, assemble!
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    always thought it was kind of a dick move to advertise our forums here but eh
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
    It maybe a dick move, but if we hadnt no one would really know about skullheart, it was a necessary evil so to speak
    ·
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Joined: Posts: 44
    always thought it was kind of a dick move to advertise our forums here but eh
    How is it a dick move? Neither of forums are actually competing against each other. You can go to both sites.
    ·
    Mr._____ wrote: »

Not to mention, the community was top notch as well. They're mature, a rarity on the Internet, and they're smart, funny, and even respectful.
    this why I enjoy the SG community we help each other and there is no putting Down of one of our own

·
    That's actually why I don't want the marvel crowd involved with this game. SG's community would sour a but because of them. We don't need the excessive smack talk and shit like that

·
  • Mr._____Mr._____ Joined: Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    this why I enjoy the SG community we help each other and there is no putting Down of one of our own
    Fandoms always start off that way. As fans we want more people to get into our "thing" to help our thing grow, but as more people get into it, you get more angry people who start to take it way to seriously. I'll admit I'm a brony, but people in that fandom have started to turn even on the creators of the show when they do something that doesn't 100% agree with their interpretation of things. I guess I'm moving to the skullgirls fandom now. :)
    Post edited by Mr._____ on
    ·