Skullheart: The Official Skullgirls Forum (it's where everyone actually goes)!

13»

Comments

• XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,952
    Zidiane wrote: »
    Is there anything we can do so that, when it's back up, this stops happening? This sucks worse than.. this sucks worse than something that sucks really bad.

It sucks worse than getting a metal splinter under a finger nail. And trust me, those are a bitch
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • HadoukieHadoukie K-UGER! Joined: Posts: 428
    Zidiane wrote: »
    Is there anything we can do so that, when it's back up, this stops happening? This sucks worse than.. this sucks worse than something that sucks really bad.

Don't vote Minette :P

• 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    Sorry guys. Again, this time there's nothing I can personally do to speed up the fix.
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,134 mod
  • PobegaPobega supreme scrublord Joined: Posts: 305
    Can we get a mobile version of the site too? Last time I checked it only worked on Tapatalk
    Pobega wrote: »
    Can we get a mobile version of the site too? Last time I checked it only worked on Tapatalk
    Probably not anytime soon, because it would require another set of software entirely. If there's a lot fo support I can look into it, though.
  • KawalornKawalorn Joined: Posts: 70
    Skullheart is back up. Good thing those crashes don't take that long.
  • TRUEB7UETRUEB7UE The Once and Future King Joined: Posts: 359
    Aaaand SRK is back to crickets. See you guys next time skullheart crashes!
    Twitter: @I_B_V_K_I
    CFN: MINUSTHEFIGHTER
  • NarrooNarroo Joined: Posts: 115
    TRUEB7UE wrote: »
    Yep! And guess what? Dustloop is down too now.
    Narroo wrote: »
    TRUEB7UE wrote: »
    Yep! And guess what? Dustloop is down too now.

Looks like they just forgot to renew their domain. It should be back up in a day or so, I'd say.
  • DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199
    Still two weeks for SH though?
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,672
    I posted on the SG twitter awhile back, ask your web host if they keep backups. You may get lucky and be able to restore all the data before everything was lost (many webhosts do daily or weekly backups).
    Dude wrote: »
    Still two weeks for SH though?

Unfortunately yes.
    I posted on the SG twitter awhile back, ask your web host if they keep backups. You may get lucky and be able to restore all the data before everything was lost (many webhosts do daily or weekly backups).

It's a guy from the webhost that we're waiting to hear back from.
  • Dragonage2ftwDragonage2ftw Joined: Posts: 157
    So, apparently there has been an update on Skullheart saying that it will be up again soon.

Thoughts?
    Black Egrets, assemble!
    That update was on the 18th. In 2 days that'll be a week.

My thoughts: "soon"
  • deice-deice- kimchi yokatta darou Joined: Posts: 596
    Soo, site down half the time, and didn't keep backups? This is why dislike fan forums, at least larger sites like SRK are professionally maintained and have resources to run it.

(I'm just salty because I was wanting new info and all the good info was on skullheart, and now I gotta fish google cache / archive for it)
    SSF4: Juri BBCSEX: Λ-11 AH3: Nazuna MBAACC: F-Hime SG: Valentine/Squigly/Parasoul
    本番はこれからだったのに, もう限界? - honban wa korekara datta no ni, mou genkai?
    Believe me, if I had my way we would have been back up loooong ago. Problem is, the people who I'm waiting on don't seem to be as worried about month-long downtime as I am.
  • deice-deice- kimchi yokatta darou Joined: Posts: 596
    0sh wrote: »
    Believe me, if I had my way we would have been back up loooong ago. Problem is, the people who I'm waiting on don't seem to be as worried about month-long downtime as I am.
    I can sympathize, you aren't getting paid to do it so you have to take what hardware and services you get. And that means its not always the most reliable :(

Without any idea what's the holdup, have you tried calling them instead of sending mails? Things tend to get done faster that way.

And please, next time do setup an offsite backup so if there's an extended downtime, you can just fallback to another host temporarily. You can put an automated backup in e.g. Amazon S3, the price is very cheap.
    SSF4: Juri BBCSEX: Λ-11 AH3: Nazuna MBAACC: F-Hime SG: Valentine/Squigly/Parasoul
    本番はこれからだったのに, もう限界? - honban wa korekara datta no ni, mou genkai?
  • Keith-J-Keith-J- Joined: Posts: 24
    Saw that there were a few new posts on this thread, it made me thought SH was back. :l Disappointment is awesome.

Anyway I've got a hilarious (or at least I think so) avatar for when SH is back.
  • Flying PhoenixFlying Phoenix n00bity n00bity n00b n00b Joined: Posts: 54
    Why isn't this board more active if SkullHeart is down?
    Why isn't this board more active if SkullHeart is down?

Some people left SRK completely after SH went up. And most of SH was the tumblr/art crowd, which never came here in the first place.

The IRC might be pretty active, though I haven't been there for a few months. Dunno why.

Honestly, the SH gameplay forums were never this dead, but they weren't what you'd call a hive of activity either.
    So where have all the SkullGirls people go now though?

Actually I've been noticing that SRK in general is a lot less populated now compared to say four years ago.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    I've seen most of the gameplay focused guys posting in the Steam community forum for the game. Art/tumblr guys in the Hub
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ^^^You're right. The Steam Community forum is insanely active. It has like almost 3 times as many discussion threads as Metro: Last Light and Dishonored, and almost as much as Red Orchestra 2. Is this the first fighting game in which the PC scene may be the main scene?
    It might as well be. PC is the most updated version and it's dead on consoles.
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 132
    edited August 2013
    ^^^You're right. The Steam Community forum is insanely active. It has like almost 3 times as many discussion threads as Metro: Last Light and Dishonored, and almost as much as Red Orchestra 2. Is this the first fighting game in which the PC scene may be the main scene?
    Possibly, maybe. Thing is a lot of other FGs have heavily favored consoles (Most don't even come onto PC) but SG is new so I wouldn't say there's a definitive scene yet.

As for me, the Skullgirls Oceanic steam group's chat usually has a few dudes in it so I just hang out there.
    That's changing. Aside from the Capcom games, MK9 and KoFXIII are on PC as well. In KoF's case it will actually have a chance to build a community as people in the beta reported good things about the PC version netcode.
  • OrehRatiugOrehRatiug Joined: Posts: 157
    Sucks for me since my PC can't run it at 60 fps on lowest settings :(
    The new SH update had me excited for a second... Hopefully 'soon' isn't stretched past all reasonable definitions this time.
    The new SH update had me excited for a second... Hopefully 'soon' isn't stretched past all reasonable definitions this time.

I'm away for the weekend, so the update won't happen immediately, but I'll be opening the site back up as soon as I can get a few very basic modifications done.
    0sh wrote: »

I'm away for the weekend, so the update won't happen immediately, but I'll be opening the site back up as soon as I can get a few very basic modifications done.

I think I speak for all of us (well, at least most.) when I say we appreciate all you do/have done for the community. My cynicism regarding the forum's downtime isn't directed at you.
  • KawalornKawalorn Joined: Posts: 70
    SkullHeart is back, just so you know.
    Indeed it is. There are still a bunch of changes that need to be made, but it's usable.
  • ZidianeZidiane KPB team member, SRK writer Joined: Posts: 1,225
    edited May 2014
    A bump, so any people who're new and think people go here know better.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
  • LightzLightz Fish food today, fish shit tomorrow Joined: Posts: 1,239
    Do people even play this game online still? It's a ghost town on Xbox. I'm thinking of getting it on PC. if it's on special during the Summer Sale
    I don't care
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    edited June 2014
    Yeah they do, Online isn't super massively populated, but big enough that you find other people.
    Xbox is pretty dead though; PS3 has some users; most people are on PC.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/245170 (+ http://steamcharts.com/app/208610)

Here if you want some comparisons to other FGs:
    http://steamcharts.com/app/222940
    http://steamcharts.com/app/262150
    http://steamcharts.com/app/45760
    http://steamcharts.com/app/209120

E: The All-Time Peak is so high compared to the current players due to a Free Weekend where 'everyone' had the game. The players didn't suddenly all drop the game, most of those never 'played' it.
    Why.
13»