Choose Your Own Assist

AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando King of the MSPainters!Joined: Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
Let's say that UMvC3 receives a patch (lol) that allows you to choose what assist attacks your assist characters come out with, using the attack's input (a la Skullgirls).
Which 3 assists would you choose for your main team?
Which characters become top tier assists?
Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
"I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
"The "AC vs. RF tussles"? You mean the part where he votes to lynch me, I sigh in his general direction, and then we go on with Day 1? Yeah, we never do that every game, I'm totes Mafia because of it." - RadicalFuzz
"AlphaCommando > RadicalFuzz" - Augustus

Comments

• eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    edited February 2013
    haggar lariet 
    frank shopping cart (if I can)
    deadpool quick work 

haggar lariet 
    arthur daggers 
    deadpool quick work 

wesker low gun shot 
    haggar lariet 
    jean overcharge

Deadpool quick work 
    mr wright press the court
    haggar lariet
    I think the assists they gave us are good and I think maybe some would be op
    Post edited by eivellordsm2 on
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean Frank loses his shopping cart? That full only uses that shit in a super lol
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando King of the MSPainters! Joined: Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean Frank loses his shopping cart? That full only uses that shit in a super lol
    Well if we keep with the Skullgirls example, let's assume that you're given the 3 regular assists and the option to use a custom move.
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "The "AC vs. RF tussles"? You mean the part where he votes to lynch me, I sigh in his general direction, and then we go on with Day 1? Yeah, we never do that every game, I'm totes Mafia because of it." - RadicalFuzz
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    custom assists? terrible idea. why? dormammu 3D/2D1C/2CID (unlimited) for most overpowered assists in the game.
    Post edited by REALPLAYER on
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando King of the MSPainters! Joined: Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    custom assists? terrible idea. why? dormammu 3D/2D1C/2CID (unlimited) for most overpowered assists in the game.
    Problem with that is that the input for one of those would look like [qcb.L, qcb.L, qcb.M, qcb.H]. In this scenario, we're limiting it to one input. Theoretically, you could set the input to [qcb.L], but 3 assist calls would be powering up (which would have to be uninterrupted) and the fourth one would be Big Bang (unless Dormammu had powered up, then switched out).
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

• REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    ah ok. then maybe ammy's horizontal coldstar. although, that's technically multiple inputs too.
    Post edited by REALPLAYER on
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Antstyle said:
    Mighty Speech assist please. Hyper armoured for the duration.

Then I can get people stuck in AV soul fists and have Thor point out their chances of winning, whilst providing silly amounts of meter.
    you still dreaming for the mighty speech armor... 
  • masonmason Joined: Posts: 673 ✭✭✭
    Sentinel Crouch M
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, why can I only like a comment once? Foot dive for the foolishness and cr. m for them unblockables.

Seriously though, if I could choose my assist, ammy's paper slash(any strength) would be the first thing I pick, meteor smash, but only if its tracking since the different versions are relative to the screen not the character. Also sentinel cr. h, although I think the game has enough beam assists as it is.

Other than those though Im generally fine with the collection of assists we've been given, the issue is usually that the characters generally lack any worthwhile special moves(see: super skrull, ororo monroe, spider-man to name a few) so even if they opened the game up like that I doubt much would change. I would like to see how a command grab assist would have worked in this game though, so I guess ill add skrulls elastic slams to the list.
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771
    Antstyle said:
    Mighty Speech assist please. Hyper armoured for the duration.

Then I can get people stuck in AV soul fists and have Thor point out their chances of winning, whilst providing silly amounts of meter.
    You're my hero.
  • p0tat0 5aladp0tat0 5alad I like orange. Joined: Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fatal Buster
    L Tenderizer
    Rolling Hook
    Shield Skills
    Magnum Shot
    Flamethrower
    Incendiary Grenade
    UMvC3 - Spencer/Task/Skrull
    AE - Abel
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭
    How about we give Morrigan, Frank, and Ammy their meter assists on point first...
    Morrigan for top 1 battery!
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭
    lol, why can I only like a comment once? Foot dive for the foolishness and cr. m for them unblockables.

Seriously though, if I could choose my assist, ammy's paper slash(any strength) would be the first thing I pick, meteor smash, but only if its tracking since the different versions are relative to the screen not the character. Also sentinel cr. h, although I think the game has enough beam assists as it is.

Other than those though Im generally fine with the collection of assists we've been given, the issue is usually that the characters generally lack any worthwhile special moves(see: super skrull, ororo monroe, spider-man to name a few) so even if they opened the game up like that I doubt much would change. I would like to see how a command grab assist would have worked in this game though, so I guess ill add skrulls elastic slams to the list.
    Horizontal Lightning Sphere would actually make a solid assist option for Storm. Deadpool would greatly benefit from being able to use L or M Trigger Happy over H as well. Some normals would also be pretty solid as assist options.
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • FluxFlux Fair is overrated Joined: Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Energy Javelin
    Power of the Destructor
    Hadou Shoryuken
    Hysteric
    Spritzer
    Fire Grenade
    Flame Carpet
    Mustang Kick

Boy this game would get even cheaper
    Post edited by Flux on
    Welp
  • ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Captain 'Murica Walking Wiki Joined: Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    My fear would simply be the inevitable finding of broken set ups. Any unblockable would be a major issue. On the other hand it would improve a lot of characters who are limited to certain teammates.

Top assists:
    Firebrand - charge UB
    C.Viper - charge UB
    Task - Swordmasters + headbutt
    Any low (point does over an head...)
    Any overhead (Spencer overhead!)
    Energy Javalin
    Power of the Destructor
    Magneto/Storm push/pulls

I wouldn't mind an expanded assist list or a revised one. I just feel that things would get broken with the huge amount of options it would yield.
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Dante (jam) | Vergil (RS) and Vergil (RS) | Morrigan (meter) | Dante (Jam)
    SC5: Astaroth
    SC4: Ivy, Rock

• phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i disagree with just about everyone in this thread except flux
    and sentinel crM would be a pretty good low/armored assist

so many posts have nothing to do with the original post at all
    have you guys even looked at how the skullgirls system works? stuff like hidden missiles x6, coldstar mash, jump moves, she hulk run+followup, stance+followup, held buttons, dante move followups, wouldn't work

ifbpwnstar, there are already low and overhead assists

so yeah interesting assists: flux mentioned some cool ones, one i really like is hadou shoryu. it's a little reminiscent of cyclops gene splice in mvc2, but it doesn't have as fast start up or whatever.
    spritzer would be silly, flame carpet and flame grenades would be silly, flame nades in particular since as soon as they are active, no way to get rid of them
    dante would have some silly ones... hysteric probably best, but even reverb shock, multi lock, twister, would also be cool

and yeah repulsion/etc would be pretty silly

strider qcb H would be cool
    trish round trip !

twitch stream w/ roommate mostly anime fgs
    youtube w/ videos mostly marvel
  • YazumattoYazumatto Nanomachines, son. Joined: Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭
    Give me mashed-out Cold Star L as an assist and I'll stop using beam assists forever.
    Honestly, I don't care and neither should you.
    I was never here.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Flawless Prosecutor. Joined: Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Felicia's heavy delta kick, airborne version, because why the fuck not. That move on it's own pisses off all of my friends.
    Post edited by XthAtGAm3RGuYX on
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    Give me bionic arm....what we can't use supers? WTF not?!?
    long as they cost a bar.......
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    Lol because Supers, and certain point special moves as assist would be pretty cheap.
    Guys, a Photo assist from Frank would be hella broken. In addition to leveling Frank, it provides a freaking OTG for combos. Still wouldn't be the best assist in the game, but it would be so sick.
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame Carpet would be all I need. Nova/Dorm would be so good.
    Ota City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squads - Nova β Doom α Ammy β
    Side Projects - Magneto/Strange/Ammy, Nova/Vergil/Strange, Ammy/Strange/Vergil, others
    USF4: Juri (main), Guile (not a real American)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    UNIBEL: Hyde
  • Five ElementsFive Elements Oh it Looks Good! Joined: Posts: 19
    edited February 2013
    Can't believe nobody is mentioning the broken assists Dante could have.

Acid Rain
    Miilion Carats
    Hysteric Missiles
    Even Stinger would be pretty sick. Any one of these could replace Crystal.

Also Deadpool needs a good assist, all i can think of is his overhead.
    Edit: Or light and medium versions of Trigger Happy.
    Post edited by Five Elements on
    The character crisis is REAL
  • Raz0rRaz0r 私は不承認 Joined: Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C. Viper's full charge focus. Absorb all dem hits.
    This is offensive.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

They tried to allow supers as assists in Skullgirls and deemed it broken. And that game has less cheap supers than Marvel 3.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    Super moves as assists should be obvious why they'd be broken.
    This is offensive.
  • AceKillahAceKillah EXS of Greed Joined: Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Helm Breaker assist (Vergil doesnt even appear on the screen normally instead he spawns from SJ height and comes crashing down)
    Ex Seismo assist (its technically not an assist >.> ) 
    Acid Rain assist
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all of Dante's moves, I think Million Carats and Tempest would be the best, especially the latter. It'd help against Morrigan a lot.
    Soul Drain would be crazy.
    Ammy's Power Slash
    Optic Laser (would give you a legit reason to play Viper 2nd or 3rd)
    Centurion Rush H (armor)
    Round Trip (Trish or Vergil)
    Rising Sun

Honestly, you could come up with a lot of broken assists but I think it'd be better to just buff characters with mediocre or bad assists. Viper with Optic Laser, for example. You could give Nemesis his armor back or make Spider Sting also have the Spider Bite follow up. Tron Bonne could have the Servbot shooting thing also for a nice stationary projectile.
    Ota City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squads - Nova β Doom α Ammy β
    Side Projects - Magneto/Strange/Ammy, Nova/Vergil/Strange, Ammy/Strange/Vergil, others
    USF4: Juri (main), Guile (not a real American)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    UNIBEL: Hyde
  • AnimageAnimage Joined: Posts: 27
    Deadpool horizontal gunshot
    Sentinel downward drones
    Dorm Flame carpettttttttttt
    Hulk s.H (or any other character's armored normals)
    Doom photon shot (won't be as good as missiles but wtvs)

Everything else has pretty much been said..
    UMVC3 Main: Doom/Sent/Strider
    PSABR Main: Raiden
    PSN: ANMG97
    you can't input "rekka" moves in skullgirls assist system guys
    also you can't "hold" moves in skullgirls assist system

acid rain = nope
    million carats = nope
    tempest = nope
    charge focus = nope
    firebrand charge unblockable = nope

if this was actually the case, beehive would be an incredibly strong assist. can't pushblock, lockdown into a high attack.
    edited February 2013

They tried to allow supers as assists in Skullgirls and deemed it broken. And that game has less cheap supers than Marvel 3.

I say let the players decide, long as it costs a bar let it rock! Hahaha, imagine HULK on point with a Chaotic Flame assist super.   I don't know how it would work with cinematics though.
    Post edited by WorstPlayer on
    I would just do Stalking Flares the entire time and have a battery assist in the back as the third assist. My point character would be pushing in assholes.
    This is offensive.
    edited February 2013
    Stalking would kind of be balls honestly. Startup and the flood would stop it from even coming out.  Almost pointless to  call it right next to somebody. The chip isn't that good sans xfactor.  I'd just jump in the air and call my beam assist and you wasted a meter. Spencer would be everyones team though. Bionic arm any attempts to flood with a 1 hit move super? Great for followup combos.  The main issue is that team synchronization would be shot since whats stopping you from linking multiple supers in a combo for an easy kill? Granted it would cost 2/3 meters...but it would be pretty derp.
    Post edited by WorstPlayer on
    i mean if you wanted to include supers as assists, then you're basically looking at

okami shuffle
    gimlet, spell of vishanti, chaotic flame, magnetic shockwave
    bionic arm
    proton cannon
    You're crazy if you think Stalking Flare would not be the best. Dormammu drops the ball and leaves, you won't be able to get rid of it. And let's not pretend we don't know how to play. Who calls out a long assist in neutral without covering it? Even call it during a block string or a hard knock down. Then you HAVE to deal with something that tracks you everywhere.
    This is offensive.
    I disagree. Stalking flare would not be the best. One of the best users of stalking flare is dormammu because he can deal with someone super jumping by just using pillar on them 3 times. Stalking flare assist would be a better version of hidden missiles that still goes away when you hit dorm, but costs a meter. okami shuffle would be a much more devastating assist.

stalking flare's homing and not being able to pushblock it, is simple not on the same level as something that comes out faster and hits the whole screen.

People use THC with okami shuffle. People do not use THC with stalking flare. If THC with okami shuffle costs even less meter, with even more time to act during it, okami shuffle gets even better.

Ice storm would be better than stalking flare as well imo. Proton cannon. akuma's fireball super, since it leaves them standing. gimlet, since a lot of characters can convert at most heights, the blockstun is significant, and it'll come out faster than stalking flare.

maybe you're crazy dohoho.
    Wait, we do get unblockable assists! Sentinel's cr.M!
    Unblockables don't really exist.
    This is offensive.
    True words, honestly the game would turn into awesome meterless assist + awesome super assist.  I still say the easiest thing to do against stalking flare is to jump right into it and suck up some chip. If you play against a dorm that actually uses the THC it's relatively harmless unless you're fighting a teleport character. Eat the chip, don't push block and look for the persons follow up. If it was an assist it would just be a roaming lockdown assist for the most part.  Beams would necessarily own the assist supers of choice though, we still have counter super calls like Hyper charging stars, gamma crush, and dare I say Level 3's. Granted, the system would have to be reworked a bit I think to how supers interact with each other..... maybe