Project Justice Thread - HYAAAAAAH!

BuffaloBuffalo The Totally Fab BisonJoined: Posts: 138
edited February 2013 in Fighting Game Discussion
Haven't seen a Project Justice thread around, so how about it? Discuss your teams, your combos, your strategies, your favorite characters, match footage and all that jazz!

My current team is Tiffany, Hayato, and Zaki.

My Tiffany combos are:

s.LP, s.LK, s.HP, s.HK, f.HP, qcfx2 HP or HK (HP: 11 Hits, 66 dmg | HK: 15 hits, 64 dmg) I prefer to use her HP super because it keeps Tiffany on the ground and allows for some pressure opportunity.

s.LP, s.LK, s.HP, c.HK, df.HK, jump, j.LP, j.LK, j.HP, j.HK, jf.HP (10 hits, 56 dmg) offers a hard knock down as opposed to ending the air string with a jf.HK.

Hayato combos:

s.LP, s.LP, s.HP, b.HP, qcfx2 HP or HK. (HP: 6 Hits, 82 dmg | HK: 13 Hits, 78 dmg)

s.LP, s.LP, s.HP, df.HK, jump, j.LP, j.LP, j.HP, qcf HP (11 Hits, 61 dmg)

Zaki combos:

s.LP, s.LK, s.HP, s.HK, f.HP, qcbx2 HK (12 Hits, 74 dmg)

s.LP, s.LK, s.HP, s,HK, df.HK, jump, j.LP, j.LK, j.HP, j.HK, qcfx2 LP or HP (LP: 15 Hits, 69 dmg | HP: 15 Hits, 68 dmg) you can do either HP or LP super, but LP knocks the opponent downward while HP knocks them forward.

Obviously they're pretty basic combos, but the combo system's a bit limited and they all tend to follow one or two flows.
Post edited by Buffalo on
If you come at me on some disrespectful shit and you're within arm's reach, anyone can get slapped.

SG - Filia/Parasoul | TTT2 - Jun/Ling | MK9 - Sonya, Jade, Kitana
·

Comments

• Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest The most honest person on the entire internet. Joined: Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Man i would love to play this online! See if my Vatsu, momo, and kurow team was actually legit or if i was just playing lame competition.
    "I'm not a cynic, I just have standards. And right now, nothin meets'em and I blame all of you. If everyone felt like me, we'd all have better shit."
    -ME-
    ·
  • MeowmixMeowmix True Baller Joined: Posts: 39
    I'm a huge RS/PJ fan. The day the game gets a re-release will be a glorious day indeed. As for teams, I generally run two depending on my mood. The one I run primarily is Hinata, Zaki, and Yurika. My alternate team is Roy, Hayato, and Yurika (that assist is just too good).
    GG: Potemkin, Venom
    AE: Juri
    CVS2: K Maki/Geese/R2 Hibiki
    VF5FS: Vanessa
    ·
  • SSJ_SonikkuSSJ_Sonikku Fighting Game Maniac! Joined: Posts: 623
    Good to see that people like this game.  I just got this game recently, though I had to pay 70 bucks.  I'll have to play more of it some time.
    ·
  • 4neqs4neqs thick_thighs Joined: Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every competent PJ player should be able to do Momo bnb's/combo to party up by heart.

"But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
    ·

Some more matches here, pretty heavy on the combo dropping/trolling... deliberately dropped mini-air combo to air throw is pretty nice though.
    "But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
    ·
    New forum is so buggy lol meant to post this 
    ·
  • Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest The most honest person on the entire internet. Joined: Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    4neqs said:

Some more matches here, pretty heavy on the combo dropping/trolling... deliberately dropped mini-air combo to air throw is pretty nice though.
    That vid showed me I prolly play a lil too conservatively, I could be doing a lil bit more, especially with Momo...

Post edited by Keepin'em Honest on
    "I'm not a cynic, I just have standards. And right now, nothin meets'em and I blame all of you. If everyone felt like me, we'd all have better shit."
    -ME-
    ·
    It's kinda Marvel-ish at first, but at higher levels the limitations show. It's very turtley especially with the "no death by block damage" thing. First to land a throw/air throw or first to land s. lp into a long combo usually wins.

Some more matchvids here

Get used to seeing a lot of Roy/Roberto/Momo
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Yea, that's how we use to play, very "turtley". It got even worse after everybody got really REALLY good at tardy countering. And I hate Robert, 'good friend of mine was unbeatable with that guy; once a hit was landed, it was time to go make a sandwich. He would try to style so hard with Rob.

Post edited by Keepin'em Honest on
    -ME-
    ·
    There's some anti TC technology as well. If you use light attacks, they're not particularly TC-able. Sometimes you can also be at a certain range, then you can punish a TC attempt.

AFAIK it's easiest with ranged weapon characters like Hyo/Demon Hyo but almost any character can do it.
    ·
  • MendisMendis Joined: Posts: 264
    Were the videos recorded with a walkie-talkie?
    ·
    With whatever they had in 2003-4.
    ·
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭
    My friend and I play a lot of stuff at a fairly high level and ths game while being extremely fun is basically just frame trap with jabs all day into mix ups. U can't TC those as they recover too fast. Once you open some one up the game is over. All the top tiers can easily net over half life with a bar and their combos build a lot of meter. Still it IS a capcom game so it is def competitive and very fun.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    ·
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭
    Needs a sequal
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Vegil/X-23/Dante Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina SSf42012:Guy/Juri/Dudley
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
    ·
  • CircuitousCircuitous 無駄な足掻きだ。 Joined: Posts: 167
    Fun game. Wish more people played it locally, but our primary access to it is a cab with fairly low-quality American parts. I can't get used to it, personally. Mostly play Kyosuke, learning Akira, haven't settled on a third yet.

Kyosuke 2LK > 2HP > HK > 6HK > 623HP, j.LP > j.LK > j.HP > j.HK > j.236P~K nets 77 damage and is pretty easy to do. Still working on combo theory though. Any good resources for the game, or is it all studying match videos? (Pardon the pseudo-numpad notation.)
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Circuitous wrote: »
    Fun game. Wish more people played it locally, but our primary access to it is a cab with fairly low-quality American parts. I can't get used to it, personally. Mostly play Kyosuke, learning Akira, haven't settled on a third yet.

Kyosuke 2LK > 2HP > HK > 6HK > 623HP, j.LP > j.LK > j.HP > j.HK > j.236P~K nets 77 damage and is pretty easy to do. Still working on combo theory though. Any good resources for the game, or is it all studying match videos? (Pardon the pseudo-numpad notation.)

It's all about studying high level videos and trying them out in the arcades/with friends in vs imo. Not a lot of stuff on GameFAQs or elsewhere aside from the basic combo stuff.

Arcade/Japanese DC (afaik) Kyosuke also has this air walk glitch that allows you to combo into his Level 5. qcf + lk + hk, the game will read it as both his sidestep and his flashkick, so he will be in a walking on air state. This allows you to combo to party up by doing df+hk (high launcher) -> super jump -> then qcf + all buttons (air walk activate + Level 5 activate).
    Post edited by 4neqs on
    ·
    That sounds bizarre, I'll have to try that.
    ·
  • iambuttmustardiambuttmustard Joined: Posts: 179
    This game also needs a re-release. I loved it, but at the time it came out, I was a little to young to take it seriously.
    PSN ID: ROYBROMWELL

Yup, the guy from Rival Schools.
    ·
  • OnirosOniros Joined: Posts: 108
    This needs the Iron Galaxy Treatment ASAP.
    P4A: Chie/GG: Jam/VSav: Q-Bee
    Rival Schools needs to come back!
    ·
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 9,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Happy to see this thread!

It's been a long time, but I think my mains were Hyo, Kyosuke, and Hideo.
    Oniros wrote: »
    This needs the Iron Galaxy Treatment ASAP.

I would take a new game by a competent team, but if a remake is the best Capcom could do, then Iron Galaxy would indeed be a good pick.

Just found this random vid from 2012:
    Post edited by King9999 on
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8754-7747
    PSN/Steam ID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    #TheMassacreOfE32013 Never forget...
    ·
  • Blood FeastBlood Feast h8 Joined: Posts: 139
    I love this game. There are some match vids from Japan scattered around YouTube, I'll try posting some tomorrow.
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Just came back from a whoopin at the arcade. I hope to go back on Saturday or earlier.

Game is 80-85% jabs/lights and air throws/throw mindgames and 15% everything else.

re: 2012 vid
    Yeah KeikoXTC has a bunch of recent stuff. A lot are kinda trolley casuals... unless they were going for resets/throws by dropping the mini-air combos on purpose (and failing to follow up on those).

Post edited by 4neqs on
    ·
    4neqs wrote: »
    Just came back from a whoopin at the arcade. I hope to go back on Saturday or earlier.

Game is 80-85% jabs/lights and air throws/throw mindgames and 15% everything else.

re: 2012 vid
    Yeah KeikoXTC has a bunch of recent stuff. A lot are kinda trolley casuals... unless they were going for resets/throws by dropping the mini-air combos on purpose (and failing to follow up on those).

Those vids continue to leave me asking, why haven't these games gone digital, yet. People need to play this!

I swear, it feels like Capcom is ran by monkeys.

·
    Some stuff:

·
    edited March 2013
    Good ol' Ganfinite. *thumbs up*

Now that I think about it, there's a lot of KOF influence in this.

attack chains tend to be light -> heavy -> command move (e.g. f + hp) -> special/super
    lots offense initiated by jabs and j. lk's

Vatsu's moveset reminds me of Iori in a way
    And of course Roy as somewhat a young Terry Bogard

Edit - oh yeah, Edge -> Yamazaki too.
    Post edited by 4neqs on
    ·
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roy is terry's long lost cousin.
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.

"This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face
    ·
    New madness

·
    edited March 2013
    What are the tiers for PJ?

EDIT: Never mind, found it: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Rival_Schools_Project_Justice Is this still current? And this wiki has nothing...
    ·
    Tiers? It always seemed to me that everyone could win at this game, if the basic tools were utilized properly and you had decent fundamentals. I had no idea there were established tiers. Everyone seemed to have decent pokes and footsies and everyone could launch into solid air combos.

·
  • MalvadiscoMalvadisco Marambio Joined: Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭✭
    to me p.akira > hideo from that list
    CARACOLES
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Nah, some characters simply don't have the range, safe jabs, or the damage output for things to be equal.

There are tricks here and there, but in general the lower characters are out-jabbed and out-BS'd by the top tier. The tops can easily do half-life off a jab (then another setup/mixup post combo etc), as mentioned earlier. Hideo is top because of easy combos and runaway iirc.

I think the wiki's pretty accurate, not enough active players/events to have something consolidated now imo. Generally it's Momo/Hideo/Roy/Kurow/Roberto up top -> everyone else -> Iincho in last.
    Post edited by 4neqs on
    ·
    edited March 2013
    ^ Well, learn something new everyday. At least Roy's top tier. I always thought he was awesome! My team was always Roy, [Wild]Daigo, and Shoma.
    Post edited by iambuttmustard on

·
    Yeah, I remember Chairperson being really weak when I played, so it's no surprise that she's at the bottom. I'm also not surprised that Momo is at the top. :/
    ·
    Hey, so. Say I had a recording setup that could get game footage at a buttery smooth 60fps and wanted to do some tutorial videos. Anyone else think that'd be a good idea? Maybe has some input?
    ·
    Hey, so. Say I had a recording setup that could get game footage at a buttery smooth 60fps and wanted to do some tutorial videos. Anyone else think that'd be a good idea? Maybe has some input?

I'd be cool with that. But where would you upload the vids?
    ·
    Well YouTube, but probably Nico for the 60fps? I dunno what other sites do 60.
    ·

Would be purdy coo, bro.
    -ME-
    ·
    Stuff to cover:

Movement (dashes, super jumps, ditches)
    Normals / Command Normals
    Textbook Combos
    Throws
    Special Moves
    Supers
    Team-Up Supers (the different types mostly)
    Party Supers
    Clashing
    Tardy Cancels

what am I missing? Also do these things have proper names?
    ·
    "Ditches" are the side steps, right?
    -ME-
    ·
    Yeah. School puns.
    ·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardedgedofficial uploaded a ton of matches
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
    edited April 2013
    Well YouTube, but probably Nico for the 60fps? I dunno what other sites do 60.

I tried uploading a couple of SFEX vids I made on DailyMotion (I think it was this site) because they didn't force vids down to 30 fps.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it wasn't DailyMotion...I'm gonna see if I can find the vids again.

EDIT: It was Vimeo. I checked out my video again, and it doesn't look like it's 60 fps anymore.
    Stuff to cover:

Movement (dashes, super jumps, ditches)
    Normals / Command Normals
    Textbook Combos
    Throws
    Special Moves
    Supers
    Team-Up Supers (the different types mostly)
    Party Supers
    Clashing
    Tardy Cancels

what am I missing? Also do these things have proper names?

The successful sidesteps were called Ditch n' Spins, and counters were called Tardy Counters, I believe. There's also the Team-Up counters, but I forget what the game calls those.
    ·
    Hardedgedofficial uploaded a ton of matches

They're here:
    ·
    DoaGHThaDOJO, HardEdgeOfficial, and kouhatsu are all good for matches.
    ·
  • PeacockPeacock Joined: Posts: 150 ✭✭
    I want this game to return!!!!

Also Chairsperson is awesome. I hope that they release project justice to ps3/xbox 360 as a remake so I could play her again
    ·
    Bump just to second that HardEdge is a good source of vids, and they just uploaded some new vids recently.

·
    Not that I'm going to this year's EVO (maybe next year), but is there gonna be a PJ side tourney?
    ·
    Do they have the damage turned up in the HardEdge vids? I remember everything doing way less damage in PJ.

·
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭
    Those combos natsu did must only be in that version
    i dont remember being able to combo into her big launcher
    ·
    You didn't provide a link so I can't see the combo you're referring to, but she can combo into her diving save, which works like a high launcher. Disregard this if she used her actual high launcher.
    ·