Am I doing too much?

xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in Newbie Saikyo Dojo
I have been playing fighting games for a while and I just recently picked up an arcade stick and i love playing on it. But i feel that I'm not making too much progress with it. also I'm trying to get better at marvel 3, marvel 2, tekken tag 2 and kof 13. I have made plans to compete in evo for marvel 3, tekken tag 2 , and kof 13 but i feel that when evo comes around i wont be as competent as i want to be. Do you feel I'm doing too much right now?
Post edited by xiceman191 on
Psn: Datdudeiceman191
Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
·

Comments

• AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 519 ✭✭✭
    If you want to try and place as well as you possibly can, then I would suggest that you focus on 1 main game. You can still play others, but that game has to get the brunt of your playing and practice time. That said, execution between the 3d games will pretty much carry over into each other. The one that sticks out here the most is the single 3d game, TTT2.
    KOF XIII: Kula/Iori/Kim
    SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WFF-AirLancer
    If you're in the NYC area and want to play some KOF XIII, hit me up!
    ·
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭
    It's up to you.

Learning multiple games is a lot harder but is also very rewarding. There are going to be tradeoffs between games, but there will also be some overlap. Honestly, play what the good players in your scene play.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
    ·