Play SSF4AE using a keyboard on PS3

BlindFoldedBlindFolded Joined: Posts: 14
Hi,

I have got used to playing SSF4AE on PC using a keyboard, and due to the fact that it will take me a few months to accomplish the same on a PS3 controller, I wanted to know if it was possible to play the game on PS3 using a keyboard. I am willing to buy an adapter if that's what it takes. I thought on buying an arcade stick to play both on PC and PS3, but then I am having to my previous problem, having to learn how to use it. Not only that but a decent arcade stick will cost me around $100-200. Anyways, I plan on using a wired keyboard (ms sidewinder x4). 

Thoughts,tips, and advises are appreciated. 
THX!

·

Comments

• SkrawneySkrawney Joined: Posts: 90
    Maybe get a hitbox(all button controller) or build one? I made one but used all 30mm buttons, got better than I was with a ps3 pad.
    ·
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,141
    edited February 2013
    Here is an example of something that you could build.  Not sure of what your keyboard setup is like, but if you got a bunch of 24 mm buttons and arranged them to how you play on a keyboard. There are a lot of ways you could go about it, but I would suggest that you start with reading slagcoin.com

and for a controller pcb you could use a PC/PS3 Cthulhu.
    Post edited by rtdzign on
    ·
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

this is mine by the way. HRAP3 with 4 square SANWA buttons
    Post edited by Aquashark on
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    ·
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    If you're willing to sacrifice a keyboard, you can probably wire the keys to buttons.

There's also the possibility of keyboard -> microcontroller -> controller PCB.
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
    ·