Just started playing...

JohoJoho Joined: Posts: 0
I just started playing SSF4 arcade edition. I need some advice as far as picking a character. I've been playing around in the challenge mode trying to decide on a character. I really like Akuma, Sagat, Dudley, and Bison but I was doing a little research on the internet and I was advised not to use any of these characters. I was told Akuma and Dudley were to hard to use, Sagat was awful and Bison is just good at playing footsie. Also I need advice practicing links, I usually can get to around challenge 13 or 14. I also noticed its really hard for me to do the quarter of a circle motion. Is this normal for someone who just started playing? Or an I really that bad at this game? Any advice for a new player would be helpful. 
·

Comments

• blufangblufang Darkstalker for life Joined: Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is going to be closed soon.  Check out all the character subforums, most have detailed explanations of the strengths and weaknesses of each character in addition to videos of high level play.  You should post this in the newbie dojo btw.

·
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Post edited by chubbyfingerz on
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

·
  • BeautyAlwaysWinBeautyAlwaysWin Joined: Posts: 13
    do what bluffing says. Shoryuken.com has everything masterfully explained already.

As for characters, I love Vega, but I'd recommend getting your feet wet with Ken because he's arguably the best character to play as, is pretty straightforward and very good. Play as Ken online, and see what other characters just look interesting or that you have a hard time with, learn some of that character so you can win against them, and maybe you'll find a new character you love. Dudley is fun to play as though.

Good luck friend. See you on the mean streetz

·
  • ugo_2uugo_2u Joined: Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭
    Usually it's advised to start with characters with 2 frame or more kind of basic combos and easy to do specials and great pokes, such characters are Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Cammy, Yun, Dudley, Guy. Pick up anyone of these then head on to make footsie guide to grasp the basic of footsie. Next head to youtube to watch the pros of ur character. Then go to training mode and practice ur combo and setups. Then learn to be calm.
    ssf4ae v2012 tutorial archive http://www.padstickgaming.com/
    Footsie Guide by Maj PDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30414642/footsie guide.pdf
    Follow me on Twitter @ugo_2u
    ·
This discussion has been closed.