Platform Features, DLC, Etc (PC or PS3)

DimglowDimglow Joined: Posts: 14
So I've made the decision that I want to buy this game. And since I would be buying it I would also probably immediately buy all character DLC at minimum as well, and any smaller $5-10 DLC purchases might get thrown in on top.

But what has me hung up now is HOW to buy SFxT. I am open to either a PC or PS3 purchase, but the differences in feature availability between platforms is very confusing. Additionally I can't figure out what the total price would be to get the game+DLC for PC vs game+DLC for PS3.

The most important feature for me is partner play (the ability to play with a fried on the same team) and I also want this as an online play feature. I think I read XBOX doesn't allow this. Can I do this with both PS3 and PC or just PS3?

How about DLC characters? Are they all available to both? Are the prices for the DLC packs the same? Or should I be buying the Street Fighter 25th anniversary to get a good deal on SFxT with all DLC? Is all DLC even included in the SF25A box? I've heard that it is and heard that it isn't.

If anyone can help me out here I'd appreciate it. I've tried googling a lot of this information but the price listings are all over, and the feature listings are impossible to confirm on a platform level.

Captain America (3-α SS) / Hulk(3-β AA Gamma Charge) / Taskmaster (ALT-α H. Shot)
Chris (5-γ Land Mine)/Storm (ALT-Whirlwind)/Trish (1-Peekaboo)
Nemesis (3-β Launcher Slam)/ Dormammu (2-α Dark Hole)/ Wesker (4-β Samurai Edge)
·

Comments

• NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,090
    Every version of the game will allow you to play the game with a friend on the same team however you must own 2 copies of the game and 2 consoles (1 of each for you and your friend). Even the Vita version works with the PS3 and vice versa. The prices for DLC are also identical, I believe its around $20.00. The thing Xbox won't allow is couch co-op. Meaning your friend cannot come over to your house, be sitting next to you, and play 2 players on the same Xbox. PS3 and Vita allows this (not sure about PC) so you can have your friend with you and you both can go online.

I'm not sure where you're seeing price differences, the only difference would be in the game price itself which can vary from retailer to retailer.
    If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.
    ·
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Also, if you have the Vita version, your DLC for the PS3 version will be free I think.  The PC uses Games for Windows Live, which is no different from XBox Live so no couch co-op either.
    ·
  • CeronnCeronn Joined: Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    If you're amenable to trading, you can find other Steam users trading the PC DLC characters for cheaper on TF2Outpost. I was able to get the DLC for three TF2 keys ($4.05) a couple days ago.
    Post edited by Ceronn on
    ·
  • GrandpaLoafersGrandpaLoafers Joined: Posts: 136 ✭✭
    So confusing about buying this game and all the extra crap!

Looking for sparring partners in Chicago/Milwaukee/SE WI!
    VF5FS: Lion
    SFxT: Ryu/Balrog/Bob
    KoFXIII: Takuma/Duo Lon/Hwa (just picked this up!)
    MK: Nightwolf/Cyber Sub Zero
    http://orangedrinkmusic.com
    http://hemlockrecords.com
    ·