MvC2 Teams

TheGamingToolTheGamingTool Joined: Posts: 43
edited February 2013 in Newbie Saikyo Dojo
I am trying to make this nice and sweet because of my last thread but I need help setting up a new team on MvC2. I am not a newbie but i am really rusty for resets and combos. I want an original unlike the one you usually see. I play for fun but I am entering a small tournament in Fresno and I need a lot of help. Also, if you want, can you guys tell me want player can past Sentinel's offense? Thanks a lot! P.S. I didn't search for a similar thread...
Post edited by TheGamingTool on

Comments

• Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Salty about Ultra Joined: Posts: 4,524 mod
    edited February 2013
    Unless you are already quite experienced at MvC2, it really isn't a game when you can make a "unique snowflake" team and expect to do well. The MvC2 tiers/teams section has a lot of advice to start out with.

Sentinel pretty much totally shuts down 3/4 of the cast.  You should be looking at teams based around god/high tier characters if you want a chance at dealing with him. If you just want to make a team to have fun with, you need to recognize that a good Sent (and most of the other god tier for that matter) will probably destroy you.
    Post edited by Trouble Brewing on
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • EricGGMusicEricGGMusic Online Tournament Organizer Joined: Posts: 1,738
    Cant tell if srs but sounds like a noob to me

Who beats Sentinel? Cable. Catch him flying and just AHVB him for free. But if you didn't already know this, then you're in denial when you say you are not a newbie.
    PSN: Fashionistah
    MvC2: Rogue/Sent/CapCom
    3SO: Chun Li, Remy
    SSF4 AE: E.Honda, Chun Li
  • TheGamingToolTheGamingTool Joined: Posts: 43
    Cant tell if srs but sounds like a noob to me

Who beats Sentinel? Cable. Catch him flying and just AHVB him for free. But if you didn't already know this, then you're in denial when you say you are not a newbie.

I played this game for years. I know the game but it been still years since I played this game. If read my post carefully, I said I wanted an original team. I don't know if I am really rusty since I have been playing street fighter lately but still. I might suck now since I only have a controller but I am not new to the game.
    Unless you are already quite experienced at MvC2, it really isn't a game when you can make a "unique snowflake" team and expect to do well. The MvC2 tiers/teams section has a lot of advice to start out with.<br />
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_2/Tiers<br />
    <br />
    Sentinel pretty much totally shuts down 3/4 of the cast.  You should be looking at teams based around god/high tier characters if you want a chance at dealing with him. If you just want to make a team to have fun with, you need to recognize that a good Sent (and most of the other god tier for that matter) will probably destroy you.

I think I know who I use against Sentinel. I use a unique for having fun but I guess I can use a top tier team. Thanks!
  • YunaYuna The Artist Formerly Known as Lobelia Joined: Posts: 7,390
    Doesn't Anakaris counter Sentinel?
    PlayStation Network: Shienne-Lindelle
    I'm an online scrub who lost the faith. Now I just play MMOs.
  • LocdownLocdown one hit wonder Joined: Posts: 345
    edited February 2013
    you can pick a "unique" low tier/mid tier team but ultimately I feel you'd be working harder, not smarter

cable is the classic counter to sentinel, zones off the screen too well, all while building sufficient meter, and it's easy to catch sentinel with ahvb. if i could play cable at all i'd always pick him against a good sentinel player (with anti air of course)

a patient storm who knows how to position along with an anti air assist can give sentinel trouble, but a good sentinel will win this matchup more often than not (yeah i said it)

strider with doom assist is also another good choice (self explanatory)

hope this helps
    Post edited by Locdown on
    like one thousand tasers set to stun
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 14,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG LOCDOWN SIGHTING OUTSIDE OF THE PSN THREAD?
    NickRocks said:
    Just pick Cable bro

Alright man, I am practicing with him right now. All I need is an arcade stick and I am ready to go.
    Locdown wrote: »
    you can pick a "unique" low tier/mid tier team but ultimately I feel you'd be working harder, not smarter<br />
    cable is the classic counter to sentinel, zones off the screen too well, all while building sufficient meter, and it's easy to catch sentinel with ahvb. if i could play cable at all i'd always pick him against a good sentinel player (with anti air of course)<br />
    a patient storm who knows how to position along with an anti air assist can give sentinel trouble, but a good sentinel will win this matchup more often than not (yeah i said it)<br />
    strider with doom assist is also another good choice (self explanatory)<br />
    hope this helps

Helps a lot! Thanks a lot!
  • 4neqs4neqs thick_thighs Joined: Posts: 9,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cable shoot the robot + a good anti-air assist. It's worked for years.
    "But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
    4neqs said:
    Cable shoot the robot + a good anti-air assist. It's worked for years.

I knew that already, it's just that I never bother using Cable in the past years. I guess I have to use him if I have a chance of winning. Thanks for the advice though. :D
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Original team to be the robot? Cable / Guile / Blackheart would annoy the fuck out of him...

But IDK what you're going to do against that Storm or Magneto backing him up.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Hyper InfernoHyper Inferno Joined: Posts: 477
    If you want to purely shut down Sentinel's offense, a character with strong full range zoning options + a strong anti-air assist is what you'll want. Cable+Commando is obviously one of the best duos there is, but there's a couple other options as well.

Cammy AAA works pretty well against Sent, just gotta be careful of him dropping an assist to block her. Guile AAA (and to a lesser extent Charlie) can really annoy Sentinel, but they'll do next to no damage.

Blackheart can stop Sentinel from getting in too easily with j.lp and j.hp, but you're not going to be doing much damage either.

There's a couple other lower-tier characters that I can see dealing with Sentinel's offense in a minor capacity (Colossus, Megaman), but they run into problems when Sentinel goes into up-back mode where Cable does not.

Another good way to stop Sentinel's offense is to get right over his head and dodge his AAA calls to prevent him from ever starting his offense in the first place. You see this all too often in the Sentinel mirror, where once one Sentinel manages to be above the other, the Sentinel on the floor has a really tough time getting out.
  • MadTitanMadTitan Thanos Reigns! Joined: Posts: 1,208

The best way to get past sent's offense?  

..kill sent..
    ..kill mando..

The only real options..  ..anything else is just a trick with guess work, baiting, and/or prediction involved.  

How to kill sent?  Pick cable or magnus...land 1 hit..  profit.....   or you can pick sent and out robot them...
    How to kill mando?  Pick cable or storm.. build meter.. profit....

If you want a low tier solution you have to start playing your opponent and not just vs sent..  and that's risky.. which is why people usually just pick gods to deal with him..

<-Nicer than you->
    Thanks a lot guys for the help! I came in second place, which is okay because I had fun. Thanks again!
    The team I use was Tron, Cable, and B.B Hood. 
    Second place with that?

Must've been some small inhouse tournament LOL
    Second place with that?<br />
    Must've been some small inhouse tournament LOL

Nope, it was quite big for a Fresno Tournament. There was over 100 people. I was just playing a good game with the team I used. I was playing a keep-away with B.B Hood and close combat with Tron and Cable.
    100 people at a mvc2 tournament where top 2 didnt consist of msp/thrax/row/scrub

must be 2005 all over again, or must be mvc2 day 1 release

and in california where there's a lot of good marvel players
  • 4neqs4neqs thick_thighs Joined: Posts: 9,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, what was the winning team? Pls be team Row or Santhrax
    "But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
    4neqs said:
    Yeah, what was the winning team? Pls be team Row or Santhrax

Team Row won
  • Samifish182Samifish182 CFC Fan, Completely Ass Ibuki Joined: Posts: 107
    I ran Cammy, Doom, Sent. A ton of fun, I suggest it :)
    Podcaster, Chelsea FC fan, FG lover, Longboard rider,
    AE-Ibuki, Sagat
    GG-Slayer, Ky
    Videos! http://www.youtube.com/182samifish