FGD Lounge: for general fighting game discussions that aren't thread worthy

Comments

• SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    http://www.geekexchange.com/capcoms-25-greatest-fighting-games-53275.html#.UW1Qxhg9uBg.gmail

Pretty crappy list, I think...
    Alpha 2 gold, but no A2? All 3 versions of SF4? WW being #1? GTFO...

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    edited April 2013
    World Warrior on the snes is Capcom's best selling game only game to come close was RE 5(only if you count both versions).
    Yeah, that list is so bad I can't think enough bad words to even describe it.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    edited April 2013
    jedpossum wrote: »
    World Warrior on the snes is Capcom's best selling game only game to come close was RE 5(only if you count both versions).
    Yeah, that list is so bad I can't think enough bad words to even describe it.

Yeah... The order doesn't make sense, and half the games don't make sense...
    Glad Slam Masters got love though... But no Hyper Fighting or Champion Edition? Super Turbo = no, but HDR?

I mean...
    1-5 range could include: MvC2 &/or UMvC3, CvS2, 3S, Super Turbo, and SSF4AE2012 or whatever, and the order depends on who you ask...
    After that, 6-10 range could include: Vampire Savior, Alpha 2 &/or Alpha 3, Hyper Fighting &/or Champion Edition, Project Justice, MvC1, again order depends.
    10-25 is some combination of Project Justice, Power Stone 2, Slam Masters, other Vs. games, other Vampire games, MSH/CotA, HDR, Cyberbots, maybe Pocket Fighter, and even Battle Circuit or Megaman Power Fighters... But having PJ and Rival Schools or both PS games is fucking silly...
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,281
    oh, I'm currently creating my own fighting game thats the reason why i was asking for the SF vs KOF comparison
    http://www.geekexchange.com/capcoms-25-greatest-fighting-games-53275.html#.UW1Qxhg9uBg.gmail

Pretty crappy list, I think...
    Alpha 2 gold, but no A2? All 3 versions of SF4? WW being #1? GTFO...

gutter trash list. how can street fighter 2 turbo, A2 and ST not be in the top 3.

This is so goofy I can see why it didn't get used.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,692 mod
    Why is it that in the west, you have different notation methods for different games? Over here in the far east, most everyone just uses numeric directions.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ilitirit wrote: »
    Which FGs have top tier grapplers?

Street Fighter EX1 (OG, plus and Alpha) games

Zangief + EX series in general, pretty high up iirc

"The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
    4neqs wrote: »

Street Fighter EX1 (OG, plus and Alpha) games

Zangief + EX series in general, pretty high up iirc
    to add to this:
    Vanilla SF4 Gief
    Super Turbo O.Hawk
  • CyclopsPawnchCyclopsPawnch PEW PEW Joined: Posts: 100
    Never played MKvsDC before. Why do people say that it sucks?
  • Hyper InfernoHyper Inferno Joined: Posts: 511
    Well, there is this:
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,233
    Wut?
    There is a question about top tier grapplers and no one mentions Potemkin on GGXXAC?

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

alpha2 zangief, in the right hands he's even more lethal than ryu.
    Alpha 2 Gold Geif is even stronger than regular A2 Geif but nobody should play that version unless you're unlocking Hyper Alpha on PS2.

• petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913

Zangied is nothing compared to Goro/Kintaro/Motaro though
    once they grab you, its over
    too slow!
    petran79 wrote: »

Zangied is nothing compared to Goro/Kintaro/Motaro though
    once they grab you, its over

lol, which version of alpha2 are those characters supposed to be in?
    Alpha 2 Gold Geif is even stronger than regular A2 Geif but nobody should play that version unless you're unlocking Hyper Alpha on PS2.
    A2G is for the lulz and for Cammy.
    I play it just for Cammy... But I stick to CPU mode and in a dark, dark room where nobody can see me.

Shit, I've said too much.
    I never played Alpha 2 gold, why is considered so bad?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Another grappler that is top tier is Toyotomi Hideyoshi from Sengoku Basara X

ttoy.gif
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • OneSanitariumOneSanitarium BASARA Joined: Posts: 1,485
    Hideyoshi is also really stylish. "Hey, I've got combos doing several SPD's in a row, as well as combos that go corner to corner with different grabs. Oh yeah, infinite combos with them on Masamune and Nobunaga(i think)" SBX has some pretty stylish things in it. Kenshin having an infinite where he taunts you 43 times and then takes you to the moon. Goddamn.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I never played Alpha 2 gold, why is considered so bad?
    Arcade version aka Zero 2 Alpha (not to be confused with Zero 2 Dash the psx version)

The good things
    They removed Valle CC

The Bad
    Alpha counter cost one and a half meter.
    Basically, Buffed the top tier and Nerfed everyone else.
    Old Characters nerfed even harder and added more useless old characters.

Taking out Valle CCs was a good thing? Goddam Japanese were just salty US had them beat in SF for once.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Valle CC was stupid as fuck and anyone who actually liked adn played the game agreed. A2G would have been perfect if it didn't nerf low tiers and made AC cost so much.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    I'll admit that I abused the fuck out of them, so I may be biased.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited April 2013
    AC's costing more is a good thing. Valle CC's are broken but Alpha3 CC's are even worse. I honestly believe A2 would be the best street fighter game if it didnt have CC's.

Speaking of A2, can anyone guess how the tier list would look like if it didnt have CC's? (something makes me think Birdie would be top tier.
    AC's costing more is a good thing. Valle CC's are broken but Alpha3 CC's are even worse. I honestly believe A2 would be the best street fighter game if it didnt have CC's.

Speaking of A2, can anyone guess how the tier list would look like if it didnt have CC's? (something makes me think Birdie would be top tier.
    Ryu and Ken would still be top, Chun and Rose wouldn't be NEARLY as good, but still great. Chun's got massive priority (What else is new?). Sagat would be a bit better. And I agree about Birdie.
    I actually still think that A2 had the best CC system. It was short, easy to use and didn't lead to too many shenanigans like what we saw in A3 and, to an extent CvS2.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Best CC was SFEX2 and SFEX2+ it was short only damaging if you knew what you were doing as if you're brainlessly mashing it would scale severely.

edited April 2013
    Had it been refined and not broken ass in some cases (Sup Guy? Sup Rolento), it would have been amazing.

EDIT: e.g. Skip to 21 seconds

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Check out GameSpot's article on how devs use the data from their games: http://www.gamespot.com/features/how-the-fight-creates-the-fighter-6407507/

Personally I would like to see a file containing all this data. I find it interesting that Namco's been gathering this stuff since the first Tekken. Makes me wonder if Capcom did that for SF2.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Best CC was SFEX2 and SFEX2+ it was short only damaging if you knew what you were doing as if you're brainlessly mashing it would scale severely.
    Yeah< EX did a ton of things right. Wish people actually play the games, feel a ton fo people that like SFIV would really like the EX games.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    edited April 2013
    Ryu and Ken would still be top, Chun and Rose wouldn't be NEARLY as good, but still great. Chun's got massive priority (What else is new?).

sometimes i forget that chunli's top tier because she's rarely ever picked in tournaments, even on ggpo i've never played a chun player or even spectated a match where chunli's used.

yeah, rolento's broken. he's the only character with 100% damage CC's.
    Had it been refined and not broken ass in some cases (Sup Guy?)

whats the deal with guy?
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2013
    Never played MKvsDC before. Why do people say that it sucks?

MKDC/MK8 Wonder Woman tatsu (well, tatsu-like move...or a right side up Spinning Bird Kick :wtf: ) is the ugliest fighting game move in existence :rofl:

Start of the round and at around 0:35

"The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
    Had it been refined and not broken ass in some cases (Sup Guy? Sup Rolento), it would have been amazing.

EDIT: e.g. Skip to 21 seconds

WTF at that random DOAX vid at the end.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Hardcore Gaming 101's Virtua Fighter article: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/virtuafighter/virtuafighter.htm
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    King9999 wrote: »
    Hardcore Gaming 101's Virtua Fighter article: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/virtuafighter/virtuafighter.htm

Was reading that. Kinda annoyed at how the dude seems to be putting down the later releases for not taking as many risks as 3.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited April 2013
    Completely shameless Puzzle Fighter clone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gem-fighter/id587817907?mt=8&wdId=32800

Seriously, they're treading on thin ice.

mzl.mkbhoohl.320x480-75.jpg
    King9999 wrote: »
    Already sent a message to Sven about this. I don't expect it to be up for too long.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    I'm curious to know what everyone's top 3 favourite fighters are.

i'll start: alpha2, Turbo, Super Turbo.
    1) Guilty Gear Series
    2) CvS2
    3) Oblivion Agony
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)