FGD Lounge: for general fighting game discussions that aren't thread worthy

1525355575871

Comments

  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330
    With all this rage over the PS4 port of Ultra, just wait till MKX is on ps3 and 360.

    High Voltage record for ports has been shitty. It won't be as big as the USF4 shit storm as those versions of MKX won't be the tournament standard.

    Well pretty much every TO, Capcom included, has said that the PS4 port of ultra is so bad they won't make anyone use it for tournament standard until it's fixed.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,302
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    With all this rage over the PS4 port of Ultra, just wait till MKX is on ps3 and 360.

    High Voltage record for ports has been shitty. It won't be as big as the USF4 shit storm as those versions of MKX won't be the tournament standard.

    Well pretty much every TO, Capcom included, has said that the PS4 port of ultra is so bad they won't make anyone use it for tournament standard until it's fixed.

    I know that. I doubt if the PS360 ports of MKX end up being crap it would match the shitstorm of the USF4 PS4 port. Demon says to think that will be the case.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,540
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    With all this rage over the PS4 port of Ultra, just wait till MKX is on ps3 and 360.

    High Voltage record for ports has been shitty. It won't be as big as the USF4 shit storm as those versions of MKX won't be the tournament standard.

    Well pretty much every TO, Capcom included, has said that the PS4 port of ultra is so bad they won't make anyone use it for tournament standard until it's fixed.

    I know that. I doubt if the PS360 ports of MKX end up being crap it would match the shitstorm of the USF4 PS4 port. Demon says to think that will be the case.

    Well, look at how bad PC is. Theyre taking that game and putting it on roughly 9 year old hardware. Theres no way it wont be a mess.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,302
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    With all this rage over the PS4 port of Ultra, just wait till MKX is on ps3 and 360.

    High Voltage record for ports has been shitty. It won't be as big as the USF4 shit storm as those versions of MKX won't be the tournament standard.

    Well pretty much every TO, Capcom included, has said that the PS4 port of ultra is so bad they won't make anyone use it for tournament standard until it's fixed.

    I know that. I doubt if the PS360 ports of MKX end up being crap it would match the shitstorm of the USF4 PS4 port. Demon says to think that will be the case.

    Well, look at how bad PC is. Theyre taking that game and putting it on roughly 9 year old hardware. Theres no way it wont be a mess.

    Knowing High Voltage track record it will be complete shit. It just won't be on the level of USF4 PS4 port. The reason why that was such a big deal is because it was suppose to be the new tourney standard. PS3/360 versions of MKX won't have that problem since PS4 is already the standard and I doubt anyone would backpedal. I cry for those that buy the current gen versions.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,752 mod
    Well, guess who just bought the Double Dragon IP.

    Here's hoping we somehow get a new fighting game based on the franchise again.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    So Ryu has ben confirmed for Smash. Thoughts?
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    bloodymess wrote: »
    Ryu's been banned for Smash 4.

    I repeat, Ryu has been banned in a fighting game for Evo. What a time to be alive.
    I mean I understand WHY but out of context it sounds hilarious.

    The hell? Why?

  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 761
    Does he even have a release date?
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • Neverending MangaNeverending Manga Joined: Posts: 90
    Hey, is there a project for an open source/GPL version of GGPO? Cause I'd love to help out with that however I can so that the community would have a freely available top-tier netcode that we can shove down the throats of Devs.
    It's my faith to kill your ass if you copy my Avatar. Now please be tolerant.
  • LightzLightz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Joined: Posts: 1,236
    edited June 2015
    Some scrub over at GameFAQs is whining about how Ryu should be banned from all Smash 4 tourneys because
    "He is just way too strong. Dash cancels, combos, fast pokes, canceling normals, focus attacks, can charge this moves, seems very fast.

    They made him too different and unique, and by doing so they created a character that just doesn't fit in the game."

    lol
    I don't care
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

    The hell? Why?

    Evo bans all DLC that is released within a 30 day period of the tournament. They feel that a month is enough to learn a match up/match ups. I'd argue that this is nonsense considering that you'd have to find people who can play the character well and then learn all sorts of pokes, counterpocks and punishes which take time to iron out. Although its probably better than no experience for the majority of tournament goers.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,302
    Since Ryu is in Smash does it make it a fighting game now?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 761
    I didn't have high hopes, but not even one new fighting game was shown at E3 and I find it disappointing.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,878
    Does anybody know if SFV is coming to arcades or not?
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    Rictorxix wrote: »
    Does anybody know if SFV is coming to arcades or not?

    Probably going to be some time before we get an answer for that
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,878
    A Street Fighter game being developed for home console before arcades :( sad day, hopefully not though. Capcom is developing that Luigi's Mansion arcade game so I would imagine they are making an arcade version of SFV. Maybe they brought out the PS4 version since it was E3
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,975

    Now we have the
    BlueXIII wrote: »
    What do you guy's think about the concept of learning fighting games that are on "life-support"? Like, I want to seriously pick up UNIEL, but online seems to be barren these days.
    no matter the game current steam, a game is always worth picking up if it catches your interest. Now if your priority is playing competitively and entering events, then I wouldn't even recommend playing fighting games as the genre to do this as community is very divided.

    But if just want to learn the ins and outs of game then I say go for it sinc
    Rictorxix wrote: »
    A Street Fighter game being developed for home console before arcades :( sad day, hopefully not though. Capcom is developing that Luigi's Mansion arcade game so I would imagine they are making an arcade version of SFV. Maybe they brought out the PS4 version since it was E3

    This is nothng new and I personally welcome capcom doing this, this help keep player base together. What harm is really going to come of this development?

    Sf falling into obscurity?...lol this SF they have loyal fan base.

    Development hurdles? Its porting arcade games to console/ computer system has always been challenge due to game being design base on the arcade hardware (which are usulay more powerful than the console/ computer). Doing the reverse alleviates that hurdle due to hardware power.

    Console fighter games don't do well? This is partially true in japan but SFV is not made for japan, its made for fans who strech beyond the land of the rising sun. Not only that Console fighter have had success, theirs reason why a lot anime license fighter are still being made.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • DangerOnTheRangerDangerOnTheRanger based TvC god Joined: Posts: 294
    Hey, is there a project for an open source/GPL version of GGPO? Cause I'd love to help out with that however I can so that the community would have a freely available top-tier netcode that we can shove down the throats of Devs.

    I seem to vaguely recall mauve (or maybe someone else) working on something like this, but I can't find any evidence supporting that statement.

    Minor nitpick, if it was GPL'ed there's no way any AAA dev would pick it up. Copyleft licenses are (understandably) avoided like the plague by pretty much any software development company due to requiring the entire software project using the original copylefted work to subsequently be copylefted.
    I am the salt of the earth.
    Rage is my body and salt is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand excuses.
    Unknown to winning, nor known to humility,
    Have withstood bans to write many forum rants.
    Yet, those hands will never hold that L.

    So as I play,
    UNLIMITED SALT WORKS
  • Neverending MangaNeverending Manga Joined: Posts: 90
    Hey, is there a project for an open source/GPL version of GGPO? Cause I'd love to help out with that however I can so that the community would have a freely available top-tier netcode that we can shove down the throats of Devs.

    I seem to vaguely recall mauve (or maybe someone else) working on something like this, but I can't find any evidence supporting that statement.

    Minor nitpick, if it was GPL'ed there's no way any AAA dev would pick it up. Copyleft licenses are (understandably) avoided like the plague by pretty much any software development company due to requiring the entire software project using the original copylefted work to subsequently be copylefted.

    My brain operates better the more I keep legal/government stuff out of my brain, so I'll gladly take your word for it. Also, I hear someone else is trying to hook up with the cccaster guys to mod in rollback netcode into the new GGXXAC+R steam verson. Perhaps that could help out somehow to. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
    It's my faith to kill your ass if you copy my Avatar. Now please be tolerant.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,831 mod
    It costs a lot of money to create those arcade machines as Capcom said they struggled to even make the SFIV arcade machines. I think since Capcom needed Sony to get back on their feet the last thing they're looking to do is add to their expense with arcade machines.

    Maybe near 2017 or 18 they may look into it, but Capcom/Sony confirmed not surprisingly that they have no current plans for arcade cabinet.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    They don't need to make stand alone cabs. Modern HD cabs are basically just PCs. Upgrade kits are cheaper to produce than ever.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,752 mod
    The biggest issue right now isn't hardware, it's plain old business. Depending on which cabinet they run it on, there will be someone else that will need to get involved to take a cut of the proceeds (remember, publishers take a bit from every yen put into the cabinet in Japan).

    If they continue to run it on Type X hardware, they'll need to make a deal with Taito. If they switch to RingEdge 2, then there's Sega to deal with.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    so can anyone provide any further insight on 17:30 - 34:00? Was anyone here at the event that can confirm some of this?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,752 mod
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    so can anyone provide any further insight on 17:30 - 34:00? Was anyone here at the event that can confirm some of this?
    Nobody will because nobody with any sense watches this idiot's videos.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    d3v wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    so can anyone provide any further insight on 17:30 - 34:00? Was anyone here at the event that can confirm some of this?
    Nobody will because nobody with any sense watches this idiot's videos.

    Just want to know if nay of that actually happened or not....
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,752 mod
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    so can anyone provide any further insight on 17:30 - 34:00? Was anyone here at the event that can confirm some of this?
    Nobody will because nobody with any sense watches this idiot's videos.

    Just want to know if nay of that actually happened or not....
    What exactly are you talking about? It would be better if you actually, you know, mentioned it in your post.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    d3v wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    so can anyone provide any further insight on 17:30 - 34:00? Was anyone here at the event that can confirm some of this?
    Nobody will because nobody with any sense watches this idiot's videos.

    Just want to know if nay of that actually happened or not....
    What exactly are you talking about? It would be better if you actually, you know, mentioned it in your post.

    I put the timer in the vid to show what he talks about in regards to the FGC. But ok. The jist of it is. Apparently this up and coming player who beat Justin Wong in grand finals in a Under night in birth tournament at Momocon I believe, got snubbed. They apparently pulled the stream when Justin Wong lost to him and instead starting streaming Marvel. Then people started dismissing his win as a fluke. Then he proceeds to complain about how there's a lot of disrespect and immaturity within the FGC because of such actions among other things.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,752 mod
    Anyone remember this?

    I recall there being a thread for this some time ago.

    Can't believe someone actually made a game that looks and animates more like those old 90s digitized sprite fighters than MK.
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    so can anyone provide any further insight on 17:30 - 34:00? Was anyone here at the event that can confirm some of this?
    Nobody will because nobody with any sense watches this idiot's videos.

    Just want to know if nay of that actually happened or not....
    What exactly are you talking about? It would be better if you actually, you know, mentioned it in your post.

    I put the timer in the vid to show what he talks about in regards to the FGC. But ok. The jist of it is. Apparently this up and coming player who beat Justin Wong in grand finals in a Under night in birth tournament at Momocon I believe, got snubbed. They apparently pulled the stream when Justin Wong lost to him and instead starting streaming Marvel. Then people started dismissing his win as a fluke. Then he proceeds to complain about how there's a lot of disrespect and immaturity within the FGC because of such actions among other things.
    Eh, fuck 'em. I really hate how this EventStatus asshole like to take the actions of a group of individuals and always blows it up to say that the entire "FGC" is like that.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    edited June 2015
    d3v wrote: »
    Anyone remember this?

    I recall there being a thread for this some time ago.

    Can't believe someone actually made a game that looks and animates more like those old 90s digitized sprite fighters than MK.
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    so can anyone provide any further insight on 17:30 - 34:00? Was anyone here at the event that can confirm some of this?
    Nobody will because nobody with any sense watches this idiot's videos.

    Just want to know if nay of that actually happened or not....
    What exactly are you talking about? It would be better if you actually, you know, mentioned it in your post.

    I put the timer in the vid to show what he talks about in regards to the FGC. But ok. The jist of it is. Apparently this up and coming player who beat Justin Wong in grand finals in a Under night in birth tournament at Momocon I believe, got snubbed. They apparently pulled the stream when Justin Wong lost to him and instead starting streaming Marvel. Then people started dismissing his win as a fluke. Then he proceeds to complain about how there's a lot of disrespect and immaturity within the FGC because of such actions among other things.
    Eh, fuck 'em. I really hate how this EventStatus asshole like to take the actions of a group of individuals and always blows it up to say that the entire "FGC" is like that.

    Well actually in the vid, he stresses that for the most part people within the FGC at the momocon event were really cool and friendly. It's just that he feels when it comes to big name players, people get stupid and egos run rampant which leads to the disrespect and immaturity he fees is plaguing the community, and the big name players don't speak up about it. IDK if this is true or not, but he said at the event a woman kneeled and kissed Justin's hand lol. I think I saw that in one of MaiNeeja's UMVC3 hallofhype vids. Also he talks about how people now'n'days are so use to playing on-line and sending rude messages that, when it comes to off-line they don't know how to interact with players face to face. He said that you can easily spot those who primarily play on-line by how timid and quiet they are because the antics they're use to doing on-line in the comfort of their home now may come with consequences.

    Oh and that Kings of Kung-Fu looks fun. I love the 70's kung fu movie sound effex for hitting lol.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,975
    edited June 2015
    @BB-Hoody reason top player don't call out on bad behavior because they have other priority then bother with bad apples. I think its appropriate because i the end were all adult and should known how to conduct our selves. IF their atmosphere or behavior concern, people should bring that up with Event Organizers or venue moderators.

    If your basing people antics base on illogical theorys than I worried about your own ability to judge character.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    keo-bas wrote: »
    @BB-Hoody reason top player don't call out on bad behavior because they have other priority then bother with bad apples. I think its appropriate because i the end were all adult and should known how to conduct our selves. IF their atmosphere or behavior concern, people should bring that up with Event Organizers or venue moderators.

    If your basing people antics base on illogical theorys than I worried about your own ability to judge character.
    *sigh* I think there's a problem on this site when it comes to reading comprehension. These are not my feelings and view points. These are that of the person in the vid. I merely reiterating what he said and how he feels. These are not my opinions.
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 443
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    They apparently pulled the stream when Justin Wong lost to him and instead starting streaming Marvel.

    Who was the streamer? Because that's quite the dick move.
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

    Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039
    Like half the bad behavior in the community comes from these "top players" lol. Can't expect them to speak on it when they or their friends are doing it.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    BzChoy wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    They apparently pulled the stream when Justin Wong lost to him and instead starting streaming Marvel.

    Who was the streamer? Because that's quite the dick move.

    That's the thing, he didn't say who streamed. This is why I was hoping maybe someone on this forum who was there could fill in some of those details.
  • UglylittlebirdyUglylittlebirdy idiot. Joined: Posts: 441
    I used to really like arc until I realized that they only know how to make one style of fighting game...

    Guilty Gear was original
    Blazblue was a good successor after a decent time without anything from them,

    but now its just to the point where I'm tired of the style and have almost not interest on any new game I hear coming from them because I know exactly what it's going to be already. "creative" oversaturated crossdressing anime clichés.

    Ask if there games feel like the exact same experience at this point. They need to try something new completely.
    SFV: M. Bison/Alex/Necalli
    SF4: Akuma/M. Bison/Fei Long
    3S: Oro/Akuma/Alex
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    edited July 2015
    I used to really like arc until I realized that they only know how to make one style of fighting game...

    Guilty Gear was original
    Blazblue was a good successor after a decent time without anything from them,

    but now its just to the point where I'm tired of the style and have almost not interest on any new game I hear coming from them because I know exactly what it's going to be already. "creative" oversaturated crossdressing anime clichés.

    Ask if there games feel like the exact same experience at this point. They need to try something new completely.

    Hmm I kinda see your point. Namco's Soul Cal is different from Tekken, Capcom's Darkstalkers, Rival Schools and Street fighter differ from each other
    Netherealms Injustice is different from MK series. But gameplay wise GG and BB differ from each other right? I think It's only in terms of aesthetics that they look identical.
    Post edited by BB_Hoody on
  • VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    Is Skullgirls 2nd encore going to be a digital or physical release?
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,354
    snip

    Lol wut?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
Sign In or Register to comment.