FGD Lounge: for general fighting game discussions that aren't thread worthy

Comments

• aznspydermanaznspyderman Bye SRK. Joined: Posts: 739
    Iboki wrote: »
    What is is about last blade 2 that people consider broken or bad or wasted potential? Did the metagame just develop to be wasted potential kusoge? I know about infinites being stupid and zantetsu being stupid, but is there anything else?

If nothing else, I've only heard praise for the game.
    Out of LB and SamSho, if I had to pick a 2D weapon fighter, I'd much rather pick Last Blade 2. The game is amazing.
    Twitter/Instagram: NYMixah on both.
    PSN: m1x4h. Xrd: Venom | Tekken: Lars/Lee/Kazuya/Bruce | ST: Blanka/Guile/Dic/DJ/Claw
    @WTF-Akuma-Hax mentions me like he want my eggroll.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,808
    edited April 2016
    d3v wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    It Just hit me that Dalhsim's current gameplan seems like the sf interpretation of Merkava from uniel.
    Wouldn't be surprised, SFV doesn't really have traditional Capcom zoners (outside of V-Trigger Ryu). The zoning characters in "Woshige Fighter V" are more like anime zoners where you use space control/projectiles to set stuff up.

Well, is not like traditional zoning doesn't exists on most anime games, but is sometimes more rewarding to keep a good offensive when there are more mobility options.
    I also think that it is more a thing about the characters being more "complete" to say it in a way compared to what traditionally has been on sf where the characters are relegated to fill a specific niche wich limits how you can play it.
    What is is about last blade 2 that people consider broken or bad or wasted potential? Did the metagame just develop to be wasted potential kusoge? I know about infinites being stupid and zantetsu being stupid, but is there anything else?

The game is not considered "bad" per se, but has a big list of stuff that is banned in competitive play.

This video doesn't cover all of them iirc.

Lets just say that like HnK, is a game that is beloved by the fanbase but they are aware that the game needs polish.
    Perhaps the wasted potential part could be the fact that the game has not been seen since TLB2 days not because the fans don't want a new game but because snk has becoming a pony of a single trick those days.

Maybe with their adoption of 3d we could hopefully see a revival of other franchises like TLB and Samsho outside of background cameos or shoutouts.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,142 mod
    That's an excuse for a personal problem though.

That comment felt flamish, so give me an explanation for how it is an excuse. While I do consider my clumsiness at activating SF3/classic-style motion supers frustrating, I still consider matches with non-cheaters fair. You even agreed that "QC, HC" moves are easier.

No it is not. He was simply pointing out that:
    One problem is that near the end of a round, I sometimes panic, holding down-forward and mashing an attack button.
    Is a personal problem, not a problem with the game itself.

I was going to come here to point out exactly what dev did.

You said you have a weakness.

Then you made an excuse for it by saying you don't like games that don't give you a crutch to your weakness.

The only one that's salty is you. Everyone else has already come to terms with their own weaknesses and trying to guide you to yours.

I auto-pilot in Marvel 2 so I stopped playing it. That's my weakness and my crutch. I moved on to Guilty Gear where I have to be more deliberate in my actions. That's where I moved on to get better.

Basically, my point is you will never get better at your excecution or your "panicking" if you continue your path.

Although I acknowledge, but not blame or otherwise excuse, that the trickiness of performing :qcf::qcf:+:atk: is a personal problem, I meant to say at first that my true salt is the bland repetitiveness of having to do so for most supers. Charge characters' lack of "hold :b: and tap :f::b::f:" moves feel wrong, but not game-breaking. Overall, SF3 is one of my favorites. I am not asking for "easy mode" or autopilot on every, or any, fighting game.

Having no charge supers in SF3 opens the game up for many characters. Aside from the fact that parry super would be nigh impossible with charge supers, it also means that characters are able to have the threat of super all the time while playing footsies. The latter is important as SF3, especially 3S, is a game about using super and the threat of it to limit your opponents options. You can make opponents afraid to press buttons once you have super stocked simply due to the threat of being able to take away 40% or more life.

Now while SFV doesn't revolve as much around supers as 3S did, the fact that the game has easy hit confirmable supers like SF3 means that supers can still be used to fulfill the same role.
    @Hecatom Seems like the game would be significantly better without Speed type.
    PSN: m1x4h. Xrd: Venom | Tekken: Lars/Lee/Kazuya/Bruce | ST: Blanka/Guile/Dic/DJ/Claw
  • PotatoFighterPlusPotatoFighterPlus Joined: Posts: 9
    Hello, FGC; I am new to the forum, but not to fighting games.

Does SNK have their "pendulum motion" commands copyrighted? What is the reason for why only their characters, and not Capcom's, use quarter-circle, inverse-direction half-circle? Capcom seems lazy in that they assign the "Shinku Hadoken" double QCF for most their characters, including those that use non-projectile supers.

Other games have used qcf-hcf motions, so no. It's simply a choice on Capcom's part not yo use them.

Although I acknowledge, but not blame or otherwise excuse, that the trickiness of performing :qcf::qcf:+:atk: is a personal problem, I meant to say at first that my true salt is the bland repetitiveness of having to do so for most supers. Charge characters' lack of "hold :b: and tap :f::b::f:" moves feel wrong, but not game-breaking. Overall, SF3 is one of my favorites. I am not asking for "easy mode" or autopilot on every, or any, fighting game.

Having no charge supers in SF3 opens the game up for many characters. Aside from the fact that parry super would be nigh impossible with charge supers, it also means that characters are able to have the threat of super all the time while playing footsies. The latter is important as SF3, especially 3S, is a game about using super and the threat of it to limit your opponents options. You can make opponents afraid to press buttons once you have super stocked simply due to the threat of being able to take away 40% or more life.

Now while SFV doesn't revolve as much around supers as 3S did, the fact that the game has easy hit confirmable supers like SF3 means that supers can still be used to fulfill the same role.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    Thanks Keo-Bas. :)
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 209
    Thank you for the writeup. It answers every question i had about the game. Big combos are definitely funbut I much prefer the really slow paced poking game with high speed potential.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,988
    Thank you for the writeup. It answers every question i had about the game. Big combos are definitely funbut I much prefer the really slow paced poking game with high speed potential.

than if want to be old man gamer get Last blade 2 and go ham, but if in mood for something new. Get on That Shin Kohime Enbu, not as fast as LB2 but close enough.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 209
    I have heard lot of good stuff about it including that it was ported by M2. but last blade 2 hits all the right buttons for me now and i prefer it visually to a fighter based on a eroge lol =P
    By the way. why are people divided on garou motw?
    when casuals talk about fighting games especially online. they say something like 'yeah, 3rd strike/garou/etc. is the best fighter of all time' and just post a gif of character animation. but among the core fg players those games are looked upon negatively by a lot of people. why garou? my friend particularly really hates it because it reminds him of sf4 focus attack spammage. i watched it recently in that lb2/garou tournament and it just looked dull to me.
    I have heard lot of good stuff about it including that it was ported by M2. but last blade 2 hits all the right buttons for me now and i prefer it visually to a fighter based on a eroge lol =P
    By the way. why are people divided on garou motw?
    when casuals talk about fighting games especially online. they say something like 'yeah, 3rd strike/garou/etc. is the best fighter of all time' and just post a gif of character animation. but among the core fg players those games are looked upon negatively by a lot of people. why garou? my friend particularly really hates it because it reminds him of sf4 focus attack spammage. i watched it recently in that lb2/garou tournament and it just looked dull to me.

I've seen that BS John and Laban were saying. Every game has its flaws and meta around them. Yes Gaurd cancel is very strong, yes its possible to be put in infinite block string to guard crush, yes damage is up their , including set up for 0 frame unblockables, every thing mention about T,O,P damage and Kevin is true.
    What not true is how competition is dominated by Top tiers, ( is struggle no less) and hows their meta and all this stuff work in tadem with each other.

Just defend and guard cancel is strong but not unstopable.

certain normal need to be just defend accordingly. low need to be low just defend and certain standing normal and over heads to be standing jus defend and due to GC rules and timing only handful or move set can be use.

For example they can easily use dp from low just defend but hard from standing. Only way around this is to use the A+D storing technique which is also commitment in it self. IF you confirmed regular block then you can proceed to pressure them block strings wise.

If opponent likes make habit of Instant Guard cancel after JD. this can be beat by using multi hitting normal which 90% of cast has access to. the one lacking this is rock and that because his in the form of his Double gale projectile.

IF your opponent start to respect and be reserve on GC then regular stagger, tick throws and mix up become useful again.

this also not counter the myriad of character utilities player can use. Hokumaru/ Kevin telepots, Freeman/Rock Counters, B-Jenit/Gato meaty projectiles, other character assortment of invul mix up too set all help to deal with Garou pressure game.

due to How strong JD is and leniency of it I don't blame developer for letting block string be very strong, JD negate Unblcokables, refill health, shorter guard stun, and guard cancel. Their are few scenario where regular blocking is prefer. Also due to how JD rules works, every time your in neutral position you have 7 frames to input JD. Jumping and being resets make this even easier. Its actually one of the reason The ) frame super tech became thing to punish over reliant on JD buffering techniues like the one mention.

Damage is high is nothing new and practically every shitting damage in get ideal scenario. But risk and reward is still leveld in this game.

Kevin is dumb and busted and can be near broken but it actually takes bit execution to due some of his stuff but knowing the match up and the point he vulnerable helps He more of Zato-1/eddie top tier where he stuff that are strong but can be challenged. Be he stupid to deal with if you don;t have JD>GC on point.

Tizoc grab glitch that nullify is pain but workable one actually. for starter as mention tick throw become useful in JD where GC is'nt abuse and Tizoc as two, one that gives good damage other with set ups and oki, not only that he can also use the slow 41236k grab which still works. Player who just rely soley on his abilit to GC>command grab did not bother to find work around. Heck it still even have application as Tizoc have some Invulnerability during his command grab so it work against few projectile or meaty stuff.

long story short reason Garou is not broken and still player competitively by many low and high level because at the end of the day good assortment of old fighter require you to good at conditioning your opponent. Some game lets you rely on your character traits while other want to to use core mechanics and fundamentals. Garou is the later. I don;t expect people who played KoF to understand that because KoF is game that does the former. The mix perception of MoTW is that Fatal fury has two series. The Garou ( fatal fury) and Real bout series. Fatal fury was the game you had to know your character quirks and use it well, while Real was more core mechanic driven game. MoTW attempt to bridge these two together but mostly only Real bout player stick MoTW and Fatal fury player stick to fatal fury or moved on to KoFs.
    Seikuken Disciple
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    You know a game that is criminally underplayed? Akatsuki Blitzkampf. I just had a big session with it against other players and that game is really fun when you start to get into it. I wish more people gave that game a shot. It even has a good caster for online play. I'm also glad that Last Blade 2 was linked because that game is a fighting game where I just love the overall theme and atmosphere of it. It just adds a whole other level of immersion into it.
    edited April 2016
    Fun fact, Ishiwatar Daisuke, the father of GG, worked on The Last Blade games, he was the background designer and the one who created my fav char Setsuna. He also create Hibiki iirc, but dqot.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    You know a game that is criminally underplayed? Akatsuki Blitzkampf. I just had a big session with it against other players and that game is really fun when you start to get into it. I wish more people gave that game a shot. It even has a good caster for online play. I'm also glad that Last Blade 2 was linked because that game is a fighting game where I just love the overall theme and atmosphere of it. It just adds a whole other level of immersion into it.

That game is amazing.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    Fun fact, Ishiwatar Daisuke, the father of GG, worked on The Last Blade games, he was the background designer and the one who created my fav char Setsuna. He also create Hibiki iirc, but dqot.

Oh wow. That's pretty cool. The backgrounds for that game are really great. Combined with the music, it creates that unique vibe that you don't really get with too many fighting games.

That game is amazing.

Duuuuuude. I love that game. Fast paced, fun characters, not too combo based but still having flashy combos, etc. I hope that game comes to Steam but until then, I'll just keep messing with the caster.
  • JulianKPrimeJulianKPrime Joined: Posts: 114
    A guy named NeoTurfMasta has discovered an unreleased and unfinished Japanese-based D&D fighting game for the defunct Neo-Geo. It's got the classic character classes with some spin and an Alignment system, where choosing Neutral, Lawful or Chaotic (alignment in actual D&D) will change your characters walk speed, moveset and some animations. Looks like an interesting concept and gameplay looks a little fast, so perhaps development was around the 2000s or late 99s?

Link here
    Video 1
    Video 2

The game is quite unfinished, as there are missing hitboxes, unfinished frames of animation and it's generally unpolished, but you can see where they were going with this. Kind of makes you wonder about all the fighting games that were in development that are abandoned / cancelled and no one's ever heard of.
    that is criminally underplayed? Akatsuki Blitzkampf. I just had a big session with it against other players and that game is really fun when you start to get into it. I wish more people gave that game a shot. It even has a good caster for online play. I'm also glad that Last Blade 2 was linked because that game is a fighting game where I just love the overall theme and atmosphere of it. It just adds a whole other level of immersion into it.

Excuse Me Sir, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Saviour, fighting hidden gems?
    visco: breakers revenge,

capcom: cyberbots, jojo heritage, Tatsnoko vs Capcom, star gladiator 2

snk: samurai showdown 2/5sp, real bout fatal fury 2, KoF MIRA, NGBC

ASW: Battle Fantasia, Extreme Boutoden, power instinct series (gg/bb/hokuto are well known)

Toasofro: Eternal fighter zero, Immaterial and Missing Power

Frenchbread: melty, dengeki fighting climax, UNiB

Examu: Arcana hearts, Deamon bride, Aqua pazza dream match, Nitro+ blaster HoID
    Bandai: jojo asb,

hudson: bloody roar, kabuki klash

konami: tmnt tf, castlevania judgment

sega: blade arcus, rumble fish

circle edge: yatagarasu AoC

07th Expansion: Ōgon Musōkyoku Cross

fk digital: chaos code

fill in cafe/ Mages: Asuka 120%, Phantom breaker

ADK: World Heros perfect, Waku waku 7.

treasure: Bleach Dark souls

Giga: Advance variable geo 2

reddish region: hinokekera fragmental eclipse

cavia: fate/unlimited codes

Seikuken Disciple
    What ever happened to Big Bang Beat?
    What ever happened to Big Bang Beat?

big bang who?...

in all seriousness its had issue with patches that changed the game drastically. some prefer big bang beat 1st impression others revolve.
    Seikuken Disciple
    Actually, Fate Unlimited codes is by 8ting
    Cavia is only a publisher, like Capcom
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Actually, Fate Unlimited codes is by 8ting
    Cavia is only a publisher, like Capcom

thats what i intially thought but wiki showed cavia but this what i get for not doing proper reseach and just wanted to respomd quickly. Thanks for the correction.

on another note i want to share
    "whats with gaming" has two episode that think is worth sharing

Besides the sf4 pic catching my interest, as gamer i grew to appreciate games that don't stifle my abilities by having multitude of artificial barriers like locking mechanics out from players and such, so I naturally grew to love fighters because outside of its nuances i felt controls in these games were just right. I experience many fighters with traditional (2d/2d.5), advance (3d) and unique ones (smash, pychich force, senko no ronde). I've become more of fan of fighters and generally prefer fighter base more of weighting risk rewards ( JJASB, Rivals of Aether, Melty, j star victory, shin kohime) with moderate execution needed reaction needed. As oppose to high Fate/unlimited codes, Smash, GGAC, Gundam extreme vs, Street fighter IV/V)

Their alot times people from scrubs and professional feel something "cheating", ive felt my share of this especially in on line gaming.At one point I felt option select and infinite is cheating or using top tier but i since learned my folly and how skew these were. How ever I sill have ill feeling towards some of this stuff but instead of criticizing them I'll attempt to find a counter for them, if not presence then I'll jump into another game where their not as strong. While fighter is about maintaining advantages while minimizing your risk. Option select seem to change that by letting you do action that cover situation if your opponent theoretically choose the appreciate appropriate counter. I don't mind mechanics like blitzsheild(XRD/mechanics), Recoil guard (EFZ). I dont like infinites due to player completely maintaining the advantage until the ko appears. how ever im ok with ToD if player have to use use some resources and get specific situation (fatal counters). Or at least had more the opponent had more than opportunity to do the same in the same match.
    Seikuken Disciple
  • NomBitsNomBits Joined: Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    Hi, I'm relatively new to the community having followed fighting games since the days of SF4 and MvC3. I was referred to take this discussion here in the lounge.

I would like to gain a deeper insight on your thoughts on “skill” in fighting games as gamers.

My main question is "What do you consider to be "skill" in fighting games?"

There are a whole range of things that affect how people perceive the definition of “skill” in different fighting games. Do you think skill is subjective to an individual or is it perhaps something viewed as a standard in the FGC?

For existing or new players or players interested in playing fighting games at a competitive level, what key elements to do you believe make up “skill” in fighting games and why?
    In turn, why do you think new players have difficulty in reaching a certain level of skill in fighting games?

Some points related to skill may include:
    • Execution
    • Game peripherals (arcade sticks, game pads, keyboards etc.)
    • Cultures
    • Communities (FGC or other game communities)
    • Psychological Strategies (e.g. baiting the opponent, reads)
    • Player Research (e.g. learning about character’s tools and matchups)
    • Gender (perceptions of gender in the context of skill in fighting games)
    • Environment (e.g. local arcade set-ups, playing online, personal space)

EDIT: clarified question
    Post edited by NomBits on
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,418 mod
    NomBits wrote: »
    snip

What do you actually want to ask and why are you asking it?

It seems you want us to do preliminary research for you. All of these topics have been covered to death at one point or another. Some of these require hella paragraphs that ain't nobody got time to write.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • NomBitsNomBits Joined: Posts: 3
    Pertho wrote: »
    snip

What do you actually want to ask and why are you asking it?

It seems you want us to do preliminary research for you. All of these topics have been covered to death at one point or another. Some of these require hella paragraphs that ain't nobody got time to write.

Yes my previous post is related to research. I'm sorry, I should have clarified my post.
    Skill is simply winning and winning consistently.
    edited April 2016
    Ok, i am gonna give you some hints on what we call skillset.
    1st of all every game is different so some games require you to develope some skills over others, but in the end, there is a core set of skills or fundamentals that a good player needs to have to be competent.

Those are
    Spacing, or the ability to control the space between yourself and your oponent. Stuff like footsies, jumpsies or whatever some people call it falls under this. This is done through a combination of your movement and character tools like pokes and specials.

Reading your oponent, the ability to predict what your oponent will do given a situation

Add quick decision making, adaptability and flexibility.

Of course you also need a decent amount of dextresity and reflexes.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Yes my previous post is related to research. I'm sorry, I should have clarified my post.

Eh...there are a lot of "skills" in fighting games. This is a terribly broad question. I think what you're trying to ask is "which skills do you need in order to be competitive in fighting games?" That's something that's been discussed to death. But what is the research for, who are you that is writing it, is the community going to get a copy of the research, who do we call if you acted like a tard and wrote a bunch of untrue stuff?

So many questions.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
    just curious, looking at SF 4 entrants for texas showdown, i'm just wondering did other games like marvel 2 and 3s see big drops in numbers when sequels came out. Just kind funny as a spectator i guess at how 4 went from the main event to "yeah i guess it exists" almost in such a short amount of time.
    aspiring 3s player.
    Pokemon123 wrote: »
    just curious, looking at SF 4 entrants for texas showdown, i'm just wondering did other games like marvel 2 and 3s see big drops in numbers when sequels came out. Just kind funny as a spectator i guess at how 4 went from the main event to "yeah i guess it exists" almost in such a short amount of time.

Unless the new game is hot garbage is very common that once a new sequel drops the last game is left behind.
    Sometimes games can co-exist if they play very diferent from each other, but is not that common.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Pokemon123 wrote: »

It doesn't help that Evo dropped the game like hot garbage but we have time for 2 smash games. Odds are good that it stays a 3-500 player game at Evo if they support but smash milfs. Different issue than what happened between the PS2 to PS3 jump from the old SF games to SF4 since USF4 would've been getting played on PS4.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• SwithinSwithin Joined: Posts: 28
    I haven't gone back to see if this has been discussed in this thread (or elsewhere), but I've been curious for a long time why (unless I've missed something obvious) no major publisher has ever actually bought GGPO as middleware. Is it their asking price? It just seems that since the GGPO team announced that they'd be interested in licensing the software, every studio with a budget has scrambled to develop and hype their in-house roll-back netcode... none of which seems to work as well as GGPO itself. Is it *that* prohibitively priced?

Also, did Riot's purchase of Radiant Games take GGPO off the table for non-Riot studios/publishers? I haven't seen this addressed so I'm guessing "no", but I honestly can't tell if GGPO belongs to Radiant or some other entity.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,384
    You used Game Maker, huh? I've been wondering what engine should be best for making an indie fighter:
    -Game Maker
    -Unity
    -LOVE2D
    -Mugen
    -Others?
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,460
    I've tried Unity, I really don't like working with that engine. And it really seems unsuited for making a fighting game with (though not impossible).

Game Maker is just what I'm used to, as it's good for smaller projects. If you want to go big though, I think the Unreal engine is one worth looking into.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    edited April 2016
    I've been using Love2d because I wanted to learn how to program something by typing it out instead of drag and drop.
    besides that, I find it easy to implement stuff and debug things with.

EDIT:also, libraries like AnAL and TLbind make the process of animation and controls easier.
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,460
    I've been using Love2d because I wanted to learn how to program something by typing it out instead of drag and drop.
    besides that, I find it easy to implement stuff and debug things with.

EDIT:also, libraries like AnAL and TLbind make the process of animation and controls easier.

Might have to give that a shot next. I've been avoiding using the drag and drop part of Game Maker and coding everything manually (lots of script work) but it still does handle a lot of things for you.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    edited April 2016
    It's trash.

Nah, I like it. I just think the controls are annoying to map and the character selection process with the "grooves" is a little confusing.