FGD Lounge: for general fighting game discussions that aren't thread worthy

Comments

• KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,669
    d3v wrote: »
    Does that mean you running K'/Nakoruru/Mature or K'/Nakoruru/Leona in KoFXIV?

Is K'/Love/Nako enough dirt?
    Steam/Fightcade:Coffeeling
    Xrd: ? | ST: Claw, Ryu, O.Sagat | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Greetings from Canada Cup! Gonna be playing SFV, KOF and ST today. Trying to get as much games in before my pools start.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 885
    Bust A Groove is my game! A shame it's damn near impossible to emulate accurately.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,127 mod
    Anyone know any good resources to learn SamSho Tenka?
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,987
    edited November 2016
    Anyone know any good resources to learn SamSho Tenka?

http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Samurai_Shodown_VI

very scarce but it'll get you started some where
    Post edited by keo-bas on
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There's a free game on steam available it's pretty fun i played the demo MANY MANY moons ago it's called brief karate foolish
    It's kinda similar to SF the movie on psx, i searched for this game for ages and ages and could never find it until i see it much to my joy appear on steam a few days ago and for nothing!
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • BantlerBantler Joined: Posts: 9

Im planning some Street Fighter/fight tournaments soon and I'm wondering about fair character choices.
    In a 3 out of 5, I like winner-stays, loser-picks.

Who picks first in game-one?
    Is it double-blind?
    Or is game-one a public Character Lock?
    Double blind first pick, winner stays, loser can switch is the standard.
    Sometimes winner can change as well, but has to pick first and loser picks then.
    Double blind should be optional, only if one player requests it.
  • BantlerBantler Joined: Posts: 9
    How do you like 1st round both players meta play the clock?
    Bantler wrote: »
    How do you like 1st round both players meta play the clock?

Huh?
    ilitirit wrote: »
    Komatik wrote: »
    Does VSav count as a dumb broken game that's still playable?
    Not in my mind. VSav is far from dumb or broken.

• SkinzSkinz President of YorKeY fan club Joined: Posts: 56
    Hey guys I am having a debate with myself and would like some advice from some of the FG veterans :)

At the moment I am playing SFV as my main FG but I am wanting to have a second FG to mix things up a bit. Problem is that there are lots to choose to from and it makes it really hard to decide.

I have a shortlist of what interests me and I would love some input on what you guys think would make a great side game to SFV.

CvS2
    KoF XIII
    KoF IX
    KoF 98
    Arcana Hearts 3
    Kohime Enbu
    Melty blood

I don't want anything that's really technical, more just something that's easy to pick up and helps build upon fundamentals.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,247
    Skinz wrote: »
    Hey guys I am having a debate with myself and would like some advice from some of the FG veterans :)

At the moment I am playing SFV as my main FG but I am wanting to have a second FG to mix things up a bit. Problem is that there are lots to choose to from and it makes it really hard to decide.

I have a shortlist of what interests me and I would love some input on what you guys think would make a great side game to SFV.

CvS2
    KoF XIII
    KoF IX
    KoF 98
    Arcana Hearts 3
    Kohime Enbu
    Melty blood

I don't want anything that's really technical, more just something that's easy to pick up and helps build upon fundamentals.

CVS2
    Skinz wrote: »

CvS2
    KoF XIII
    KoF IX
    KoF 98
    Arcana Hearts 3
    Kohime Enbu
    Melty blood

ST.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    Anyone here play on SupArc? Since the most recent update, the english version doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone have a workaround?
    Anyone figured this out yet? I want to play on SupArc because of the lobby feature.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,044
    edited February 6
    I'm having the worst fucking fighting game crisis. Honestly thought SFV would bring me back to FG's but I can't seem to find a game and stick with it. GGX revelator had me hooked but the community is tiny and it's crazy technical, too much for my time restraints. I've never EVER played kof games or tekken so god knows, maybe i'll give T7 a try....
    I find myself having much more fun playing shit like rocket leage/windjammers. Hell, i've been playing plain ol' super turbo and 3S with buddies lately and we're having more fun than with sfv o___o
    Yea. Just play what you have fun with.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,987
    agree, just play the games you like.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,780
    I'm having the worst fucking fighting game crisis. Honestly thought SFV would bring me back to FG's but I can't seem to find a game and stick with it. GGX revelator had me hooked but the community is tiny and it's crazy technical, too much for my time restraints. I've never EVER played kof games or tekken so god knows, maybe i'll give T7 a try....
    I find myself having much more fun playing shit like rocket leage/windjammers. Hell, i've been playing plain ol' super turbo and 3S with buddies lately and we're having more fun than with sfv o___o

stop playing sfV and continue to play super turbo and 3s..problem solved.

• Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,087
    Anybody here play TvC online with Dolphin? What are you thoughts on the netcode, the accuracy of the emulation, and the community(if you are part of it)?
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    Where would be the best place to discuss Lua scripting? With regards to FGs via emulators...
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,527
    Anybody here play TvC online with Dolphin? What are you thoughts on the netcode, the accuracy of the emulation, and the community(if you are part of it)?

Its pretty good much better than what the Wii had. We can do the states vs Europe pretty decently. The accuracy is pretty good there are some stutters when building the shader cache but it seems like its very close to the original (tbh never played it on wii). the community is growing and we have really good players check out the discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/TunaQmn
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    Where would be the best place to discuss Lua scripting? With regards to FGs via emulators...

Tech Talk, if anyone there says otherwise, I'll tell them off.
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,541
    ST, CVS2, VS, KOF98/02UM's, GG whatever, and 3rd Strike, maybe HnK if youre nuts and dont live in japan.

• OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2
    Theres no point in playing fighting games sober, Capcom hates us and loves us, the llimunati is ourselves, chun li is every asian girl in an arcade and ryu is jesus.
    Someone said that this person's YouTube account is a girl gamer. Regardless of gender, there are some nice videos of unplayable secret characters and unplayable boss characters here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AdmiralMcFish/videos

Some examples:

• Pr0sk_Pr0sk_ Joined: Posts: 35
    edited March 11
    First Street Fighter V french cup is about to begin !

Challonge

Stream here, begins in 2h30 (14h CET)
    Post edited by Pr0sk_ on
    1488536877-twitt.png
    Has anyone tried those glitches above?
    I just wanted to come here to say that I was about to buy darkstalkers ressurection after a fighting game buddy of mine came from overseas for a few days....

Only to realize that it's not on ps4.

Fuck.
    Buy it anyway for whenever someone has a PS3 around.
    Buy it anyway for whenever someone has a PS3 around.

My ps3 broke a while ago sadly. It really sucks that there's all these great games on the ps3 store but not the ps4. Vampire savior and contra hard corps are the top two offenders IMO.

Vampire savior runs great on MAME but it's always nice to be able to play in you dedicated gaming room. Plus I only got one pc arcade stick :(
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,351
    Lol Nintendo is putting FREE DLC in their new IP ARMS that includes CHARACTERS, STAGES, MODES, and WEAPONS.

FREE.

In addition to a shit load of game modes and options.

How is a company that just figured out what the internet was yesterday shitting all over http://dontevenreply.com?

FREE DLC...

FREE.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Been wondering about this. Is NRS's unique take on hit stun (as explained in the video below) something​ that's unique to their games, or do other fighters have something like it.

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,279
    I watched that vid too. Informative, but not really sure why NRS has to be so fuckin nasty lolol.

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,787
    They do it just for the sake of being different from the others.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)