Lag on 360 but not PC

UroboricUroboric Joined: Posts: 180
I can't play AE on Xbox because it's too laggy. For a couple of years I've accepted this and played exclusively on PC (where my latency is fine), but I'm wanting to get on XBL now.

I'm using a wired connection and the Xbox is plugged directly into the router. I've tried port forwarding and even running in DMZ with all of the router's security turned off. I've tried using a computer monitor instead of my TV in case the TV was laggy. No matter what I do, when I go search for matches it's nearly all yellow bars or lower and performing tight links or reacting to anything is basically impossible.

Could it be my Xbox? I'm using one of the first revision ones with the HDMI port, but it works just fine in every other respect.

Comments

• littlescumbaglittlescumbag Joined: Posts: 292
    Uroboric said:
    I can't play AE on Xbox because it's too laggy. For a couple of years I've accepted this and played exclusively on PC (where my latency is fine), but I'm wanting to get on XBL now.

I'm using a wired connection and the Xbox is plugged directly into the router. I've tried port forwarding and even running in DMZ with all of the router's security turned off. I've tried using a computer monitor instead of my TV in case the TV was laggy. No matter what I do, when I go search for matches it's nearly all yellow bars or lower and performing tight links or reacting to anything is basically impossible.

Could it be my Xbox? I'm using one of the first revision ones with the HDMI port, but it works just fine in every other respect.

comepletly agree !!! i was playing on pc for the past year and was delighted how good the conections were ... 
    now i started playing on xbox and it SUCKS !!! i wanted actually to open a thread on my own on the same topic :
    WHY DO THE CONECTIONS SUCK ON XBL???
    one of the reasons for that isue might be, the players (retards) are conected on wireles instead of having a wired conections...other of that i cant think of
    i also noticed many good players that own the game for both PC and xbox , they play it more on pc than xbox and i belive its because of the better conections
    i will eventually return to pc but at the moment the good competition is what keeps me there
    GFWL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

XBL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

PSN : LittleScumbag : stoped playing here

Steam : LittleScumbag : failing to improve at KOF here
  • JulperoJulpero Joined: Posts: 749 ✭✭
    My experience is the opposite. I've been getting a lot of lag on pc now. I set up the xbox version just to test if it was the connection, but I guess it wasn't since the connection has been nigh perfect on Xbox 360.
    Gfwl: jholtta
    Psn: julpro

ssf4 ae 2012: Yang, Gen
    kof 13: Kensou, EX Kyo, Ryo, Takuma, Hwa Jai, Chin
  • AtaxisAtaxis Joined: Posts: 40
    it's all the same. your mind makes you think there's a difference