Another "pick my character" thread...

N0_d3N1ALN0_d3N1AL GT: sinadoomJoined: Posts: 115
I don't know if I'm allowed to make this thread here, but here goes. I've been playing SSFIV for a while now and I've tried all characters but still can't find "the one". So I'm gonna list some details and anyone who is kind enough (or has nothing better to do) could recommend me a character. I play on a controller (X360 & PS3) by the way.

Strengths:
OK execution
Consistent with inputs and moves
Good variation - use all moves and target combos in a character's arsenal
Not too predictable
Can read opponents very well
Play best at mid-range

Weaknesses:
Horrible at rushdown (i.e. bad vortex)
Too cautious
Easily get hit by cross-ups
Bad timing with jumps
CANNOT beat Bison players (even 400 PP ones) with any character

Characters I play best with (in order):
E.Honda
Guile
Cammy
Akuma
Ryu
Zangief

Characters I'm terrible with:
Dhalsim
El Fuerte
Gen
Vega
Cody
Makoto

Characters I've cleared all trials for:
Cammy
Akuma
T.Hawk
Hakan
Dudley
Blanka
Gouken (23/24)

I hope that's enough information to go by. Thanks for taking the time to read & reply. Sorry for long post.

·

Comments

• farhanniusfarhannius Joined: Posts: 172
    Pretty sure you're not allowed pick my character threads period. 
    ·
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants No thanks..... Joined: Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it should be..............it just reeks of laziness.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    ·
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭
    Well, my question would be: from those character you are most confortable with (honda, guile, akuma, cammy, ryu and zangief), which one do you like the most ?
    Pick that one. If you want my oppinion, pick Honda - you are the most comfortable with, and he is a great character ;) (also my main). Online is also full of ryus, cammys and akumas, while honda is barely played. So, my take - stick with Sumo.
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

·
  • N0_d3N1ALN0_d3N1AL GT: sinadoom Joined: Posts: 115
    @Emanuelb Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
    ·
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin BETTER RED THAN DEAD. Joined: Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭

Just follow this advice.
    "LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, EVERYBODY SEE THE MOST HORRIFIC INJURY IN THE HISTORY OF DIS SPORTS, AND I GOT LISTEN TO YOU TWO IDIOTS SAYIN IT'S A FREAK ACCIDENT! WELL WHAT HAPPEN IS SID VICIOUS RAN INTO THE FREAK. SEE SID VICIOUS CAME OFF THE TOP ROPE, HE HIT DA MASSIVE CHEST OF THE GENETIC FREAK, AND HE FELT DA POWER, AND DAT POWER, SENT HIS LEG DOWN TO THE MAT, SHATTERED HIS LEG, AND HIS DREAMS, OF EVER BECOMIN' WORLD CHAMPYEN AGAIN! SO SID VICIOUS, I'M SEND YOU A PRESENT! I'M SEND YOU THESE TWO PRO- JABRONIES TO LAY NEXT TO YOU IN Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING! YA CAN TALK ABOUT ME, DA MAN WHO SENT CHOO THERE! BUT SID VICIOUS, I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE I GAVE YOU FAIR WARNING, TO WALK AWAY! JUST LIKE I WARNED STING, JUST LIKE I WARNED BOOKER T, AND NOW, KEVIN NASH, I'M WARNIN' YOU, BEFORE YOU SSS- DECIDE TO SHOW UP AT SUPERBRAWL, YOU THINK ABOUT DIS! I'M BIG POPPA PUMP, I DON'T FRAKE IT, I BREAK IT!"
    ·
  • SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,710 mod
    Another closed thread
    www.DrunkenTemple.com ...cause I am a broke ass artist...
    Keystone II ...cause I like the video games...
    SFIV/SSFIV/MvC3 mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
    ·
This discussion has been closed.