Marvel 101: The UMVC3 Basics Thread

Comments

• BillBill Joined: Posts: 1,258
    edited June 2013
    Cee Dizzy wrote: »
    ^^^^ To everything you just said, you are wrong again and you are not thinking. I thought I was bad at arguing. You make me sound like a lawyer.

And again, stop it.

Trust me as an actual lawyer (well in fairness a J.D.) no you don't--you have so many logical flaws in your arguments it's not even funny. Basically what your'e saying comes down to "pick whatever is the easiest to win with fastest" and that's it. You're also supporting a lot of your arguments with incorrect facts mixed with a lot of strawmen. Although I'm not even sure you know what a strawmen argument is.
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,408
    What the fuck? That's not what Im saying at all. Stop talking. Now I know you are bullshitting.

I play this game way too much with people for me to spew out incorrect facts. Wesker to me is perfect to learn movement and "Marvel footsies". Magneto's beam is optimal for Wesker. Rapid slash is godlike for Wesker and Vergil is a great character/anchor. That's why Im saying pick the team, not because its easiest to win with the fastest. If I wanted people new that's starting off to pick what's easiest to win with fastest, I would of said pick something like Wolverine/Doom/Vergil and just go balls deep.

I actually do know what a straw man argument is, but I never done that the whole time. I said the team, you said its too derpy because of Vergil, which is false btw, and then I gave my end of the argument, and then you said some bullshit about beginners and then I told you to stop talking. You probably did a straw man argument way more than I did. And you are suppose to be a Lawyer? Fuck outta here.

Anyway, DJ is right pick some bullshit and learn from there. /debate.
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, Team Nemo SF4: Fei Long, Rolento Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK/Heihachi, Alex/Kuma
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2013

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• DestinDestin Ziggy Stardust Joined: Posts: 1,181
    . indeed
    I am the hero.
    HERO KENZAN!
  • KaoriKaori Would you like a demonstration? Joined: Posts: 1,172
    I might be answering my own question but I was wondering if the speed you do an basic c. L,M,H,S (or variations of) affects the combo? I'm asking because I've been trying to learn Morrigan's Bnb and have been struggling with the timing. I started doing the opener (s.L, s.M, c.H, s.H) slower and I've been getting the
    first rep more consistently

In online videos it looks like players are hitting that opener really fast however and they always get it to connect.
    Kaori wrote: »
    I might be answering my own question but I was wondering if the speed you do an basic c. L,M,H,S (or variations of) affects the combo? I'm asking because I've been trying to learn Morrigan's Bnb and have been struggling with the timing. I started doing the opener (s.L, s.M, c.H, s.H) slower and I've been getting the

In online videos it looks like players are hitting that opener really fast however and they always get it to connect.

Can I see what video you are talking about?

And yes it can. I never experienced this on the ground but in the air I have. Cap's air to ground combo you have to slow it down a bit so you can get close to the ground for the charging star. Is that what you mean?
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, Team Nemo SF4: Fei Long, Rolento Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK/Heihachi, Alex/Kuma
  • ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Captain 'Murica Walking Wiki Joined: Posts: 1,199
    edited July 2013

Yes. When you cancel moves in this game, most will instantly do it or buffer to the first available frame. This means that pushback, juggle height, and etc... can slightly deviate based on when you cancel. Most normals will have a lock out to buffer to the first available so they're pretty consistent (typically the lock out is to the first active frame). Individual character hurtboxes and the distance at the start can also heavily impact things
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Dante (jam) | Vergil (RS) and Vergil (RS) | Morrigan (meter) | Dante (Jam)
    SC5: Astaroth
    SC4: Ivy, Rock

• RoyRekuRoyReku 我是Noob Joined: Posts: 19
    Kind of a random question, but what would you guys say is the most important technique for a beginner to master right away in this game? I've been using this guide in conjunction with a few other guides out there, and they have really helped out my game for the most part, though there are still some things I haven't been able to get right (when to attack/stop blocking during opponents attacks, how to correctly utilize assists, how to approach, etc..).
    UMVC3 Team : Zero, Vergil, Amaterasu
    Persona 4 Arena : Yu Narukami aka Proswagonist and Elizabeth
    BlazBlue : Noel, Jin
    Super Smash Bros Melee : Roy, Falco, Dr. Mario
    Super Smash Bros Brawl : Falco, Marth, Pikachu
    Super Smash Bros 4 : Mega Man, Rock Man, Jump n Shoot Man
  • CoosCoosCoosCoos Yep. Joined: Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Something I have always wondered about, what exactly is the definition of optimization when talking about this game?

I see the term thrown around liberally but what constitutes to if something is optimal or not?
    AE: Fei

Marvel: Mag/Doom/Dante

UNIEL: Waldstein
  • DrSlouchDrSlouch Gyah gyah gyah gyah! Joined: Posts: 147
    edited August 2013
    Strictly speaking, it just means the same as it means in the general English language: "the best." The most you can make of that situation. In less literal terms, when people talk about, like, "optimizing" combos, for instance, it's usually implied that the general framework for the combo is more or less great, but there's little bits and bobs you could fit in still that don't change the meat of it. Like a combo involving normal-jump-height jump loops where you could maybe fit in an extra H or something at the end and it doesn't change your juggle timing or anything, but adds a little more damage/meter gain. That'd be optimizing a combo. In terms of team composition, when people say "optimal" teams they mean a team for character X that is the best possible team for them, most effectively bolstering their strengths/minimizing their weaknesses to make them the best they can be.
    My PSN ID is DrSlouch and my XBL is Doctor Slouch. My main UMvC3 team is Ryu/Firebrand/Sentinel, my back-up team is Thor/Dormammu/Dr. Strange, and my Skullgirls team is Filia/Peacock.
    What are box jumps? Are they just jumping, air dashing down forward with an attack?
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    What are box jumps? Are they just jumping, air dashing down forward with an attack?
    That's a tri-dash. Box jumps/dashes are air dashing forward, then attacking.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    Any way to practice Tiger Knee-ing just by itself?
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Any way to practice Tiger Knee-ing just by itself?
    Pick a character with an air OK special. Tiger Knee away.
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    What are active frames? Is it the period of time when an attack will do damage?
    What are active frames? Is it the period of time when an attack will do damage?
    Pretty much.
    Are commentators talking about tech rolling when they say forward tech, neutral tech etc?
    Are commentators talking about tech rolling when they say forward tech, neutral tech etc?
    Pretty much, yeah. They might also be talking about air recovery, too.
  • PLaTaNoPLaTaNo FPS Sensei Joined: Posts: 1
    Is there an "Adopt a Noob" thread anywhere around here? Just picked this game up for $5 bucks off the Xbox 360 Marketplace and I need some serious help working out the kinks. Doesn't help that I play claw now on my FPS games either/ Haaaalp :c .
    "Smoke good, eat good, live good."
    div%3E
    PLaTaNo wrote: »
    Is there an "Adopt a Noob" thread anywhere around here? Just picked this game up for $5 bucks off the Xbox 360 Marketplace and I need some serious help working out the kinks. Doesn't help that I play claw now on my FPS games either/ Haaaalp :c .
    Try the newbie forum.
  • AeonSphereAeonSphere Joined: Posts: 10
    Hey I copy pasted some of this from a thread I made just now

I'm completely new to this game

I think my team is probably gonna be Vergil,Wesker/Zero,Spiderman

How do I start off? I've learned one BnB with Vergil which is LMH->Stinger->SHS->LMH (in air)->helm breaker->high time->trick->dimension slash
  • TimTimTimTim T-T-T-Timmay! Joined: Posts: 1,329
    AeonSphere wrote: »
    Hey I copy pasted some of this from a thread I made just now

I'm completely new to this game

I think my team is probably gonna be Vergil,Wesker/Zero,Spiderman

How do I start off? I've learned one BnB with Vergil which is LMH->Stinger->SHS->LMH (in air)->helm breaker->high time->trick->dimension slash
    Replace
    LMH (in air) helm breaker with MMH (in air)
    You should almost never be using l in an air magic series.
    Especially not with vergil.
    A preferred order would be
    Spiderman/Zero , Wesker, Vergil.
    The last two are debatable but the Spiderman and Zero are definitely points.
    Just a lazy prick.
    Ah, I see

What about the other characters I mentioned, how do I start off learning to use them?
  • forte95forte95 Buster Cannoneer Joined: Posts: 544
    First, learn a combo. One that starts with a launcher and ends in a super. This is your preliminary BnB. A simple combo is best; you don't want to spend too much time dwelling on combos without knowing enough about the game.

Next, play. Play with people around your skill level. Experiment with your characters' moves and see what can be used to hit the opponent without getting yourself hit. Not every move is going to be useful; settle only for the safe ones ("safe" depends on the situation, but it basically means there's a small chance of getting hit if you use the move). If you get hit while doing a move, remember what move you were doing and what move your opponent was doing, then learn from the situation. If you do hit the opponent, combo into launcher and do your BnB.

After you play a lot of matches, you're gonna have some sort of idea how to use that character. Remember the moves that you frequently use to get the hit? Learn the optimized BnB followups to those, since chances are those moves are the ones that are gonna be hitting often.

Finally, read. There's a lot of information here that can help you become better. It can be overwhelming if you don't know what to look for, so make sure you actually play before you read so that you would know what you're struggling with.
    I'm a physics enthusiast. Let's talk science.
    I'm struggling with learning Zero haha, what's a good approach for him?
  • mapleleafs791mapleleafs791 Joined: Posts: 866
    edited December 2013
    Note: i have read the whole srk marvel wiki and i play sf4 and sfxt so im not completely retarded but...
    In marvel i feel completely dumb. i am going to watch a ton of footage obviously in the next couple days but as
    I got it during the sale on the 23rd im obviously fresh. I have a couple questions as i learn this game and i have yet to go play yet so im a clean slate for tips...

my team is magneto/doom/sentinel
    ----
    1. how the hell do you play the neutral game in general this game is wacky compared to what im used to in SF4 or cross tekken. is there a marvel footsies guide? (i am aware it varies with characters)

2. Why should I learn mag/doom/sent instead of mag/doom/vergil (as a new player that wants to learn the game as a whole iv heard sent is a good learning tool but this is not my first fighter so im wondering if i should still stick with the advice or just learn vergil as the teams i am interested in are x/doom/vergil for the large majority). [keep in mind this isnt my first fihter but is sent that good in learning marvel?]

3. wtf is guard breaking. I dont get what the hell is going on when i read posts about it. something about reducing incoming throw invincibility + some other stuff?!?! Help me out if you can i just dont know how incoming mixups even work or guard breaks in general.

4. how do you defend TAC’s I hear stuff about spinning the stick? but then i hear about max TAC break attempts in so many frames so spinning shouldnt work the way i understand it. so can you spin or should you pick one direction

http://www.blockstring.com/ 
    XBL GT: Chilaisho
    SSF4 AE 2012: Cody, Evil Ryu, Yun
    SFxT: Law x Kazuya
    UMvC3: Magneto, Dormammu, Doom 
    Smash Bros Melee: Marth, Shiek
    Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone:
    SpoR | 1589
    My Personal SF4 Dropbox Folder of tipshttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/irhsi8omjpubcss/AAA7GYqwfB1cEFwDuixkLrgUa?dl=0 

Did you read the thread AeonSphere?

Pick a character, learn how to move with the character.

Then learn the moveset and how to use them.

Then you go straight into combos.

Its bad to go into a match just pressing buttons online and shit. That's a quick way to be blown up and discourage yourself from this game.

Note: i have read the whole srk marvel wiki and i play sf4 and sfxt so im not completely retarded but...
    In marvel i feel completely dumb. i am going to watch a ton of footage obviously in the next couple days but as
    I got it during the sale on the 23rd im obviously fresh. I have a couple questions as i learn this game and i have yet to go play yet so im a clean slate for tips...

my team is magneto/doom/sentinel
    ----
    1. how the hell do you play the neutral game in general this game is wacky compared to what im used to in SF4 or cross tekken. is there a marvel footsies guide? (i am aware it varies with characters)

2. Why should I learn mag/doom/sent instead of mag/doom/vergil (as a new player that wants to learn the game as a whole iv heard sent is a good learning tool but this is not my first fighter so im wondering if i should still stick with the advice or just learn vergil as the teams i am interested in are x/doom/vergil for the large majority). [keep in mind this isnt my first fihter but is sent that good in learning marvel?]

3. wtf is guard breaking. I dont get what the hell is going on when i read posts about it. something about reducing incoming throw invincibility + some other stuff?!?! Help me out if you can i just dont know how incoming mixups even work or guard breaks in general.

4. how do you defend TAC’s I hear stuff about spinning the stick? but then i hear about max TAC break attempts in so many frames so spinning shouldnt work the way i understand it. so can you spin or should you pick one direction

1. Neutral game in Marvel is basically movement. Either getting in or keeping them out. In SF4 and SFxT, players walk back and forth alot trying to make them whiff a button or catch them doing something stupid and punishable. Same thing pretty much in Marvel. There is alot of movement and projectiles, assist calls and buttons in general thrown out until someone can get some offense started.

2. There is no reason why you shouldn't learn Mag/Doom/Vergil instead of Mag/Doom/Sentinel. Mag/Doom/Sentinel is a great Magneto team but Mag/Doom/Vergil is such a ridiculously good team in Marvel 3. If you wanna learn that, go ahead. Just as long as you learn to play the game properly in the end. The high level players will blow you up, even if your team is ridiculous, if you don't know the game and how to play it.

3. I can't explain a guard break in this game entirely, but I can tell you that a guard break is a throw you can't tech due to the extra frames given on the pushblock. Magneto has hella good guardbreaks. So does Doom and Sentinel. Hell, even Vergil.

4. I actually think spinning the stick once is possible. I seen Winrich do it and I never seen him get TAC'ed in person. I pick one direction. Its a guess that can mean life or death of your character.
  • JaykitJaykit Joined: Posts: 2
    It's amazing how helpful this is, when you read the entire thing.

Something I've been stuck on is plink dashing, which I thought was well explained. Is there anything to make it easier? Practiced for a while and still can't get it down consistently. That frame difference is ridiculously hard to pull off - but I guess that's what more practice is for.
    Have you ever impatiently waited in an office? Maybe at work and shit for quitting time? Notice how some people strum their fingers on the table with their first 3 fingers? Think about it like that. Just do it alot faster.

It took me like 2 weeks to learn how to do it and use it in actual matches.
  • JaykitJaykit Joined: Posts: 2
    That's an interesting way of putting it, I never looked at it like that. I'll keep that in mind when I practice it. I just hope it doesn't take too long.

Now to burn other things into habit, like letting the stick fall back in neutral. Too many times I've gotten a different command because I refuse to let go of the stick.
    Any of you have a Skype? I'm xfuumakotaro, if someone could please add me and teach me stuff ;_;
  • FuneralMoonFuneralMoon It was my privilege Joined: Posts: 301
    I dont mind. Just added you.
    Zero/X/Doom
    Time is Precious. Don't waste it on bad teams.
  • mapleleafs791mapleleafs791 Joined: Posts: 866
    edited December 2013
    one more question. so with vergil when do you want to devil trigger? all the combos i have found up to now are just sword loops or dimension slash enders and worst case its a triple sword loop for around a mil.

Do you just devil trigger when you x factor him on anchor to make the damage boost ridiculous (which compensates for the meter burn) or is it not worth it outside of x factor? other than the red health recover that is; However, do people do it just for the airdash potential occasionally?

Also what the hell is the rapid slash assist commonly used for? having some issues figuring this out by searching im assuming i will find some video evidence eventually but any help is appreciated.

lastly why would i run mag/vergil/doom over mag/doom/vergil?
    reasons i can assume: vergil + missles is baller vs doom tac infinite is also baller?

gotta re-watch alot of marvel. alot of stuff slipped through the cracks till i started trying to learn it lol. im still trying to undersand my chars at a base level.
    Post edited by mapleleafs791 on
    http://www.blockstring.com/ 
    XBL GT: Chilaisho
    SSF4 AE 2012: Cody, Evil Ryu, Yun
    SFxT: Law x Kazuya
    UMvC3: Magneto, Dormammu, Doom 
    Smash Bros Melee: Marth, Shiek
    Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone:
    SpoR | 1589
    My Personal SF4 Dropbox Folder of tipshttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/irhsi8omjpubcss/AAA7GYqwfB1cEFwDuixkLrgUa?dl=0 

one more question. so with vergil when do you want to devil trigger? all the combos i have found up to now are just sword loops or dimension slash enders and worst case its a triple sword loop for around a mil.

Do you just devil trigger when you x factor him on anchor to make the damage boost ridiculous (which compensates for the meter burn) or is it not worth it outside of x factor? other than the red health recover that is; However, do people do it just for the airdash potential occasionally?

Also what the hell is the rapid slash assist commonly used for? having some issues figuring this out by searching im assuming i will find some video evidence eventually but any help is appreciated.

lastly why would i run mag/vergil/doom over mag/doom/vergil?
    reasons i can assume: vergil + missles is baller vs doom tac infinite is also baller?

gotta re-watch alot of marvel. alot of stuff slipped through the cracks till i started trying to learn it lol. im still trying to undersand my chars at a base level.

Devil trigger is pretty much used to get that airdash. People also uses it so that Vergil won't be super free on incoming. With DT he gets airdash and double jump. Could be really useful to get out of some incomings. Like myself, in my Wesker/Vergil/Ironman team, if I'm close to killing them, I just do super, DHC into DT, DP+M, cr. H, F+H, release roundtrip, cr. H xxx DP + M, tag Wesker in. Usually they die before this. When they do, I just release round trip and tag in Wesker for the round trip incoming.

Rapid slash is used mostly for combos, but rapid slash pushes back almost full screen, this assist is hella underrated for neutral. People don't like how punishable rapid slash is.

IMO, Magneto/Vergil/Doom is used for people that don't have faith in their ability to do infinites. With this setup, you can do a full combo into super, then DHC into swords and kill whoever you want. I like the other setup because you can kill with infinites or a TAC reset. It adds more to the mixup IMO. But Magneto/Vergil/Doom is fine.
  • TimTimTimTim T-T-T-Timmay! Joined: Posts: 1,329
    So I have good execution, setups, movement, neutral and blocks, but no pressure.
    I usually find myself doing well in a match but then I see someone like justin wong or fchamp get like 3 tri jump shorts.
    When I try to do the same people just jump out or pushblock and I feel like a fool because all my incoming pressure is gone.
    Can somone help?
    I can use most of the cast but recently I've been messing with
    Mag/Storm/Akuma
    Team Nemo

My lock down assists are tatsu and bolts but I never know when to call them without the opponent up backing or escaping them with a sj.
    Just a lazy prick.
    TimTim wrote: »
    So I have good execution, setups, movement, neutral and blocks, but no pressure.
    I usually find myself doing well in a match but then I see someone like justin wong or fchamp get like 3 tri jump shorts.
    When I try to do the same people just jump out or pushblock and I feel like a fool because all my incoming pressure is gone.
    Can somone help?
    I can use most of the cast but recently I've been messing with
    Mag/Storm/Akuma
    Team Nemo

My lock down assists are tatsu and bolts but I never know when to call them without the opponent up backing or escaping them with a sj.

Assists negate pushblock. They call an assist during Tri-Jumps, like tatsu.
  • gilardogilardo Joined: Posts: 65
    I've been perusing the Magneto resets thread and there's talk of what to do when they "forward tech" out of the air? what is this?
    gilardo wrote: »
    I've been perusing the Magneto resets thread and there's talk of what to do when they "forward tech" out of the air? what is this?
    Forward air recovery (when they recover, they flip forward).
  • gilardogilardo Joined: Posts: 65
    gilardo wrote: »
    Forward air recovery (when they recover, they flip forward).
    Thanks
  • CoffeeBreathCoffeeBreath Joined: Posts: 5
    So this might be a dumb question but I've been reading up on defensive strategies
    and advancing guard. Situations to when you don't want to advance guard?
    (I know that's pretty broad, but any situation to explain would help.)
    Also, can it block out some chip damage while blocking hypers?
    XBL GT- TITANIC WIENER
    Slowly working on my UMvC3 team. Add me/Play me so I can get some practice in.
    So this might be a dumb question but I've been reading up on defensive strategies
    and advancing guard. Situations to when you don't want to advance guard?
    (I know that's pretty broad, but any situation to explain would help.)
    Also, can it block out some chip damage while blocking hypers?

You don't want to advance guard something you can punish on block that you know you can. IE Helm Breaker when you chicken guard.

And yes pushblocking negates chip while blocking hypers.
  • TrubbbelTrubbbel Joined: Posts: 10
    Does it matter when one does the inputs for Delayed Hyper Combo? If I do the inputs quickly it seems the new character comes in almost before the first one have executed his/her attacks. Maybe it just seems that way or maybe one has to do them meaty to get the most damage out of them?
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 3,037
    Yeah, when you input the DHC matters because that's when the DHC happens. It depends on what hyper you're DHCing from and what hyper you're DHCing into, so you'll have to test in training mode a few times to see what works and what doesn't.

Examples: comboing Magneto's Magnetic Tempest -> Doom's Sphere Flame. You want to mash out all the hits of Magnetic Tempest then DHC before the opponent falls out of the combo so you get max damage.
    Different example: you throw out Dorm's Chaotic Flame and your opponent's Strange does 7 Rings (counter hyper). You want to DHC as fast as possible (before the flame comes out) into a non-projectile hyper (like Bionic Arm) so you don't trigger the counter.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

SF5: Bison, a lil Birdie, waiting on Juri

Stuff I should play more
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    Guilty Gear Xrd: Sin
    UNIBEL: Hyde
    Great answer. Thanks! Counter-hypers huh? I knew Akuma had one against projectiles I think it was. Guess there is much more it than only his hc-counter. I've been playing alot since this summer, but I'm coming across new stuff all the time. I wonder if there will be anybody left online by the time I become reasonable at this game. I'll play anyway I guess, I think umvsc3 is the coolest fighting-game ever.
    Trubbbel wrote: »
    Counter-hypers huh? I knew Akuma had one against projectiles I think it was.
    He doesn't. You might be thinking of his Lv. 3 (the Raging Demon), which is just invincible against projectiles.
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    akuma's dp super nullifies projectiles
    youtube sfv
    I was thinking of Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo which adds a beam against projectiles, but maybe not against other hypers I guess.
    Trubbbel wrote: »
    I was thinking of Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo which adds a beam against projectiles, but maybe not against other hypers I guess.
    The beam comes out no matter what as long as you are holding H. It's just a normal beam super.

Counter supers need to be triggered by something before they actually activate. Wesker's counter super, for example, doesn't do anything when you activate it until he gets hit by a physical attack. Strange's counter super doesn't do anything when you activate it until he gets hit by a fireball. Etc.
    At 23:40 Justin does a THC with only two characters although all are alive. How does one do that?