Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Best Dipswitch Settings on Dreamcast?

querschnittquerschnitt Joined: Posts: 8
Hey everyone.

I read a lot of times, that the Dreamcast can be nearly Arcade perfect with the right dipswitch settings..  but what are the best settings? I've googled for such a long time but I couldn't find an explanation of what the best settings are!

could someone please help me and tell me what the perfect arcade like dipswitch settings are? :)
Post edited by Preppy on

Comments

• eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    This type of thread seems better suited for the actual "Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo" section, since most ST guys primarily only poke their heads in that part of SRK.  

I'll text and call some people right now and find out for you.  
  • querschnittquerschnitt Joined: Posts: 8
    Thx mate :) Sorry I'm new here at the forums and I didn't know where to post this question :)
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    Thx mate :) Sorry I'm new here at the forums and I didn't know where to post this question :)
    No problem.  Just letting you know where to go in case you have any more ST-related questions or topics of discussion.  

I've emailed my buddy who owns Dreamcast ST along with the memory card with the proper dipswitch settings.  When he gets back to me, I'll get back to you. 
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379

Thx! I already found that site! But It's just an explanation of every option in the menu. What I'm searching for is the perfect settings :)
  • NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705
    I believe the closest to match the arcade specifics would be the 1994/02/23 ver. (the 2nd setting)

This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    edited February 2013

Thx! I already found that site! But It's just an explanation of every option in the menu. What I'm searching for is the perfect settings :)
    it takes a bit of understanding what you're reading...

1994/02/23 (ST version 1?)
    	Line 0	012  5
    	Line 1	       78
    	Line 2	01 3 56  9
    	Line 3	012345678 abcdef

It says "Super Turbo Version 1"
    As opposed to the one that says "Dreamcast version" or "SSF2" version etc...
    So process of elimination, those are gone at the very least. It should be obvious which one people would place, considering OG SF players are so hesitant to accept tiny changes - e.g. Alpha 2, Alpha 3, XSF, 3S, etc. - Using knowledge of history, you'd know it's version 1.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Sorry, I don't have that knowledge of history .. :) And if I'd have to guess, I would assume that 1994/05/29 (ST version 2?) are the Arcade clossest settings :)
  • NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705

Sorry, I don't have that knowledge of history .. :) And if I'd have to guess, I would assume that 1994/05/29 (ST version 2?) are the Arcade clossest settings :)
    Chun-Li and E.Honda lose the ability to store their supers in the 1994/05/29 ver.
    Otherwise it's exactly the same as the 1994/02/23 ver.
    This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
    That's when you compare the two samples, see that the change is in Row 2, go down to the diagram for Row 2 and see what those changes are.
    Then you say, "Oh, it's the charge supers, they should be active", you know which one it is.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    The Dreamcast version, everything from the cover art work on the CD, dip switches, and the end credits is heaven for me. 
    http://www.segaretro.org/Super_Street_Fighter_II_X_for_Matching_Service

I'm considering buying another two copies on Dreamcast with pride.