Which Street Fighter Alpha game is your favorite?

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
My personally is Alpha 1, I've had it since it first came out on Saturn, and I really love the normal attack combos. And because Guy Pwnz!

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    A3 for me. World tour mode on the psx stole the show.
    abacabb wrote:
    A3 for me. World tour mode on the psx stole the show.
    That's Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper basically.

So everyone who has the Alpha 3 for Saturn and PSX(Playstation 1), if you choose that alpha 3 instead of the arcade alpha 3, please choose Alpha 3 Upper, since that is the one with the extra characters like Deejay, Evil Ryu, Shink Akuma, Guile, etc.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    alpha 2 by far.

aside from the marvel series, no other street fighter game comes close.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    A3 Upper by a landslide.
  • Darkside3024Darkside3024 Joined: Posts: 437
    A3 upper.
    R.I.P. Raul Julia/Van Damme's career-shinryukev
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 977
    voted "I HATE STREET FIGHTER ALPHA!"

hatehatehatehatehatehate
    Where the option for PSX A3 with the good DeeJay? :wgrin:

EDIT: woah, who the fuck is picking upper?? :sad: PSX A3 ISN'T UPPER!!!
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Although A2 will always have a special place in my heart, at the end of the day I prefer to play A3. And since I'm cool with either version, I picked normal A3 over Upper to even the chances a bit.
  • renvirenvi EX-Elite Joined: Posts: 199
    A3 Upper
  • elvis_a_presleyelvis_a_presley Losing since '91 Joined: Posts: 357
    A3 CPS2 original. Got one in the shop on a 29" candy cab, and I play that thing at least once a day. Good times.
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115
    The amount of votes for Alpha 3 Upper is already surprising me.

My vote goes to Alpha 3 tho, I fucking love that game.
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP
  • KhiempossibleKhiempossible NAGEHAME User Joined: Posts: 3,254
    HF for the win.
    "Win when you can; lose when you have to; but always play cheap" - Familyman
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Alpha 2 and Zero 2 Alpha
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    HF for the win.
    Reading comprehension... it's a beautiful thing.
    Where the option for PSX A3 with the good DeeJay? :wgrin:

EDIT: woah, who the fuck is picking upper?? :sad: PSX A3 ISN'T UPPER!!!

I think the real question is...how come no one has voted for A2 Gold over A2?
  • KhiempossibleKhiempossible NAGEHAME User Joined: Posts: 3,254
    "Win when you can; lose when you have to; but always play cheap" - Familyman
    PSX and DC versions of A3 were effectively Upper weren't they? I'm going Upper over plain A3 coz Guile and T.Hawk... wouldn't be the same without em.
  • polaritypolarity I'M BACK BITCHES Joined: Posts: 1,841
    That's Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper basically.

So everyone who has the Alpha 3 for Saturn and PSX(Playstation 1), if you choose that alpha 3 instead of the arcade alpha 3, please choose Alpha 3 Upper, since that is the one with the extra characters like Deejay, Evil Ryu, Shink Akuma, Guile, etc.

Uh, no.

Anyway I voted A2 because A3 is dumb
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115
    polarity wrote:
    Uh, no.

Oh the irony in such a statement....
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP
  • polaritypolarity I'M BACK BITCHES Joined: Posts: 1,841
    A2 is dumb but A3 is dumber
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,011
    A2, music, backgrounds, etc etc
    I bet most of the people voting for Upper haven't even played it. :confused:

Console versions are not upper.
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    This is a really hard one for me. I love the superiority of A3, but A2 Saturn was the first SF I REALLY got into. It was my mother game, so to speak. But I did leave her behind..... I'm going to have to say A3. I just like the overall apearance of it better, like the anouncer, fight screens, loads; although I did come accustomed to A2's super screens. Also the game's just superiour... More characters, more veriety, recovery, it all just makes the game better, it also runs a bit smoother I think. Edit: Also one button super activation > A1/2.

Don't get me wrong, A2 is an awsome game, I just think A3's one step ahead.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • Gen-AnGen-An 何で彼女出来ない? Joined: Posts: 616
    Mowbs wrote:
    I think the real question is...how come no one has voted for A2 Gold over A2?

The heck would anyone chose A2 Gold over original A2? That'd be like picking A3 Upper over original A3 :rolleyes:
    Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty
  • master akumamaster akuma akumacombos.com Joined: Posts: 447
    Alpha 2 and then in a close second Hyper Alpha (A2 was the game that made me continue in the fighting game world)

Maybe Hyper Alpha will replace all the Alpha games in a close future (maybe)
    CvS2 - C Vega,Hibiki,Morrigan,Cammy,Sakura,Blanka,Sagat
    SSF2T - Vega,Honda,Dhalsim,Chun
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
  • arstalarstal Joined: Posts: 2,968
    Reason A2 was liked more was that A2G made some unpopular changes, like making the Flash Kick airblockable and the SPD slower.

On HSFA I tend to play a modded SFA2 (I use supers A3 style, and Customs A2G style, with no airblocks)
    Just wish there was a way to disable customs entirely.
    --- The folks who oppose progress in fighters are the Tea Partiers of the FGC.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,011
    alpha 3 with alpha 2s music, presentation, sound effects, etc would have been top tier IMO
  • cent208cent208 Joined: Posts: 156
    alpha 3 upper, i think the new juggling system of alpha 3/ alpha 3 upper is what really put it ahead of alpha 1 and 2. i;m choosing alpha 3 upper over alpha 3 b/c of the new characters and backgrounds
    After 73 votes Alpha 2 is still one the lead :tup:
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
  • V-ismaticV-ismatic Let's begin. Joined: Posts: 109
    Gen-An wrote:
    The heck would anyone chose A2 Gold over original A2? That'd be like picking A3 Upper over original A3 :rolleyes:
    Because A2G is actually more balanced? I liked most of the "unpopular" changes, and Chun-Li needed to be nerfed.

And I voted for A3U, so you can guess what that means as well. Because, although I do like V-ism, I didn't like it utterly dominating every aspect of the original A3 that wasn't named A-Dhalsim. Both V-ism and Dhalsim got knocked back to earth in A3U, allowing for more gameplay balance and variety.
    SFV: Guile (main), Akuma (secondary)
  • cent208cent208 Joined: Posts: 156
    After 73 votes Alpha 2 is still one the lead :tup:

Although A2 has the most votes, A3/A3U got more votes than A2/A2G. I voted for A3U but if the votes were only A1, A2, or A3 I would vote for A3. Maybe we should do a second poll with just A1, A2, and A3?
    polarity wrote:
    Uh, no.

Wow. Talk about back asswords.
    Man why is this so difficult. It is obvious that Hyper Alpha Street Fighter is the best game. Even if I am not fighting one of my friends, I can still random battle for about 200 battles straight. Good Times
  • thumbs_upthumbs_up Joined: Posts: 125
    I had alpha 3 for psx and its horrible!! dee jay hawk guile and others are not worth it.
    So im for alpha 3 then alpha 2 then HSFA(cause you can pick shin bison:lovin: )

btw ive never really played a lot of alpha 1 and I hear a lot of Guy??
    what makes him so great?
  • thumbs_upthumbs_up Joined: Posts: 125
    Lol my vote made alpha 3 and 2 tied :looney:
    I enjoy the first Alpha the most.
    HSFA is my favorite because it lends the most options and you can basically play any character from any Alpha game.
  • dbostickdbostick probed in hadouken Joined: Posts: 1,014
    A3

Playing A1 and A2 after being so used to the A3 engine is like having steak without the A1... yeah...
    Alpha 3 Owns!!!

I think SFA3 is the best of the Alpha series. Especially the SFA3 special edition in Streetfighter Alpha Anthology which basicly sounds like ya'll describe SFA3 Upper to be. I never played SFA3 Upper but I guess the special mode for SFA3 in SFA3 Anthology must be that SFA3 Upper ya'll talk about. I've seen Evil Ryu, Shin Akuma in it and more.

Anyway the SFA 3 engine is the best of the whole Alpha series. More fighting options and more specials. Graphics, counters, crossovers, combo's and sequances are far superiour to SFA1 and SFA2.
  • EpsilonEpsilon Balanced Individual Joined: Posts: 30
    I voted for SFA3, it's mass of characters, well tuned gaming engine and the sheer skill needed to play it makes it a great game. The fact that it's still being played and included in tournaments is proof of how good the game is, it's been almost 8yrs since it's release.
    "I be like fascinatin' when I be updatin'
    Cuttin' off wack kids, pullin' their trump cards
    I thump hard, and make 'em say that I'm God"
    -Guru (Gang Starr) R.I.P
    I like alpha 2 music and backdrops.

but everything else in alpha 3 is better.
  • tolkientolkien tolkaNo Joined: Posts: 163
    A2 did have some better BG's compared to A3

But A3 is still my fave
    Although A2 has the most votes, A3/A3U got more votes than A2/A2G. I voted for A3U but if the votes were only A1, A2, or A3 I would vote for A3. Maybe we should do a second poll with just A1, A2, and A3?

I'm surprised that Alpha 2 has so many votes, I was amazed that A2 was in the lead because there is always so many people talking about A3 in srk, the thing is that there is many people that enjoy more the "alternate versions" of A2 and 3: Gold and Upper, so it's fair to have all the Alpha games in the same thread for each user to vote.

I never enjoyed A3 (it's a question of taste) and even if I play less fighting games today A2 is still my fav fighter, I'm just surprised that srk has much more people who enjoy A2 than what I tought (and that is a big thumbs up) :tup:
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    i like the action of alpha 3 but the settings are much better in alpha 2
  • technique121technique121 Joined: Posts: 218
    alpha1 cause it was not confuseing nice and simple pure fighting and i only found one glitch ryu and ken shoryuken could right through projectiles if timed correctly and rumor was on that game is that guy has a combo that can kill the opponenet if done correctly
    To the poster above= ^_~

To the topic:
    I like A3 the most. But understand what people have with A2. The better music, the better stages, mostly everthing is very cool there. But it lacks in some points. Mainly the deep and nearly perfect A3 game engine. And all the A3 characters like Karin, Mika etc. especially Juni.

It fun learning this game, it's fun playing it. it's fun do train VC's, it's fun to learn match ups your not familiar with. So much fun, lol ^^

I can play it for hours and don't get bored. It's the game I can play the most charas. All those points let me feel free playing A3. In 3rd for example I feel more like being closed up. Don't like the feeling of the game, don't like how the normals feels like you can't cross-up with everyone. I just don't feel this free.
  • Iczer oneIczer one chillin' at Buxi Bar Joined: Posts: 216
    I like Upper the most, but i am pretty much forced to play A3. Not that i complain ... :mad:
    always coming back
  • StephonJStephonJ JVillian Joined: Posts: 17
    A3.

I felt the fighting engine was more refined than A2, and they brought back the old characters (Blanka, Vega), which was pretty cool.

Oh, and -Ism system is still the best!
    3S: Makoto SA2, Ryu SA2

SFA3: V-ism Sakura, V-ism Charlie, A-ism/V-ism Akuma
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164
    A2 Then Hyper Alpha.

A2 is the shit. Hyper is all of them being able to play with every character for m every revision.

I hate A3. Just didn't feel it. Im a 3s man anyways.:bluu:
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • SazaeSazae ... Joined: Posts: 2,140
    As of right now I vote for Alpha 2. But that mainly comes from the fact that I have yet to really sit down and learn any of the in's and out's of A3. From the little I have played though I love the way it feels and handles. Music and all is not as good as A2 but I usually wear headphones while playing anyways so it's not a big issue to me.