Which Street Fighter Alpha game is your favorite?

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I like alpha 2 music and backdrops.

but everything else in alpha 3 is better.
  • tolkientolkien tolkaNo Joined: Posts: 163
    A2 did have some better BG's compared to A3

But A3 is still my fave
  • master akumamaster akuma akumacombos.com Joined: Posts: 447
    Although A2 has the most votes, A3/A3U got more votes than A2/A2G. I voted for A3U but if the votes were only A1, A2, or A3 I would vote for A3. Maybe we should do a second poll with just A1, A2, and A3?

I'm surprised that Alpha 2 has so many votes, I was amazed that A2 was in the lead because there is always so many people talking about A3 in srk, the thing is that there is many people that enjoy more the "alternate versions" of A2 and 3: Gold and Upper, so it's fair to have all the Alpha games in the same thread for each user to vote.

I never enjoyed A3 (it's a question of taste) and even if I play less fighting games today A2 is still my fav fighter, I'm just surprised that srk has much more people who enjoy A2 than what I tought (and that is a big thumbs up) :tup:
    CvS2 - C Vega,Hibiki,Morrigan,Cammy,Sakura,Blanka,Sagat
    SSF2T - Vega,Honda,Dhalsim,Chun
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    i like the action of alpha 3 but the settings are much better in alpha 2
  • technique121technique121 Joined: Posts: 218
    alpha1 cause it was not confuseing nice and simple pure fighting and i only found one glitch ryu and ken shoryuken could right through projectiles if timed correctly and rumor was on that game is that guy has a combo that can kill the opponenet if done correctly
    To the poster above= ^_~

To the topic:
    I like A3 the most. But understand what people have with A2. The better music, the better stages, mostly everthing is very cool there. But it lacks in some points. Mainly the deep and nearly perfect A3 game engine. And all the A3 characters like Karin, Mika etc. especially Juni.

It fun learning this game, it's fun playing it. it's fun do train VC's, it's fun to learn match ups your not familiar with. So much fun, lol ^^

I can play it for hours and don't get bored. It's the game I can play the most charas. All those points let me feel free playing A3. In 3rd for example I feel more like being closed up. Don't like the feeling of the game, don't like how the normals feels like you can't cross-up with everyone. I just don't feel this free.
  • Iczer oneIczer one chillin' at Buxi Bar Joined: Posts: 216
    I like Upper the most, but i am pretty much forced to play A3. Not that i complain ... :mad:
    always coming back
  • StephonJStephonJ JVillian Joined: Posts: 17
    A3.

I felt the fighting engine was more refined than A2, and they brought back the old characters (Blanka, Vega), which was pretty cool.

Oh, and -Ism system is still the best!
    3S: Makoto SA2, Ryu SA2

SFA3: V-ism Sakura, V-ism Charlie, A-ism/V-ism Akuma
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164
    A2 Then Hyper Alpha.

A2 is the shit. Hyper is all of them being able to play with every character for m every revision.

I hate A3. Just didn't feel it. Im a 3s man anyways.:bluu:
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • SazaeSazae ... Joined: Posts: 2,140
    As of right now I vote for Alpha 2. But that mainly comes from the fact that I have yet to really sit down and learn any of the in's and out's of A3. From the little I have played though I love the way it feels and handles. Music and all is not as good as A2 but I usually wear headphones while playing anyways so it's not a big issue to me.
    i voted hyper....

sometimes more is more :tup:
    Alpha 1! Sakura FTW no doubt!
    ^ uh , what? :lol:
    A2 as a complete game, Hyper because the variety of matchups is insane
    Other: Alpha 3 Max! Its gameplay modes are ridiculous! Really Dramatic Battle, Variable Battle, Final Boss, 8man Tournament, World Tour :lovin: All of it online!

I say combine HyperSFAlpha with Alpha 3 Max's gameplay modes and we got the best of the best!
    i like the action of alpha 3 but the settings are much better in alpha 2

Like no chip damage :arazz:
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Alpha 3 no doubt.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Alpha 3 for sure. All good games though, the remixed sf2 tracks in A2 are nice.
  • ClaCla Let's fighting! Joined: Posts: 467
    There are things to love about them all, but overall, A3 Upper is my fav.
  • JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808
    Zero 2 ftw...

Why?
    - Ryu vs. Ken dialogue
    - No Final Bison
    - it felt like ST all over again.

...that went well.
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
    I changed my mind. After playing Alpha 2 I've come to like it more then Alpha 3.
  • Sanjuro_The_RoninSanjuro_The_Ronin ST 4 life yo! Joined: Posts: 572
    A2 because I use to play that all the time in the arcade (when it was still around here.) A close second is A2Gold because I use to play that alot on my Saturn. A close third is A3.
    It's kind of late in history to be coming up with real good ideas, luckily I have plenty of really bad fucking ideas.
  • KnightWarriorKnightWarrior Joined: Posts: 800
    I picked Alpha 2 Gold..But I like both Alpha 2 & Zero 3 on the Saturn
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    There are things I like a lot about both A2 and A3. Being able to custom or super in A2 was a lot of fun. The quarter spin rolls from back to down to recover felt so good that I still do it about of habit in CvS2. The music/backgrounds were awesome. Then A3 has the juggle system and isms, which I like more that the CvS2 grooves (but I didn't play SNK games much, so that's part of it).

I think pound for pound, A2/A3 are still my favorite fighters. I remember reading the VS games Alpha 2 strat guide like it was a bible.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • IapetusIapetus Strategic Planning Joined: Posts: 408
    I have to say after playing A3 extensively for a while and going back to A2; it feels like a breath of fresh air. I am no expert and I definitely have a crappy game, but I enjoy games that feel solid to me. A3, as extreme and varied it is, is a bit too new-school for me. The guard meter plagues me and command throws/auto recovers don't work for me. I am not saying that A3 is better or worse (I believe all games are the same, it just really depends on who is playing them), I just enjoy A2 more. So, yes, I voted for A3, but if I could I would take that back and select A2.
    Just two things in life to remember: Don't be a jerk and play TvC
    "Everyone wants to turn their character into Ryu. And the Ryu players want to turn him into Goku." Azrael
    i gotta go with hyper alpha as much as i like the first 1 more im just goin with something that has more choices
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115
    I changed my mind. After playing Alpha 2 I've come to like it more then Alpha 3.

Stole my post.
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP
  • the_judgethe_judge Can you feel the love tonight? Joined: Posts: 1,771
    Street Fighter Alpha 3!
    PC elitist
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A3, more chars, more Grooves even if V dominates, one of the best juggle systems ever, pretty wide high mid tier who can compete with the tops, VC's are harder to learn then CC's in A2 for example, standard throws with 2 buttons, Guy is good in the game etc.
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
    A3 ouf of all sf games
  • TrygonTrygon Pupununu Joined: Posts: 67
    I voted for Hyper Alpha for the simple fact of all the insane match ups. Sure they arent what tournament players normally like but I like a change every now and then and that did it for me with the Alpha games. Like with HSF2 I loved the insane match ups with that too. However Capcom needs to now make SF4 insated of these Insane match up Hyper games.
  • Rob2_0Rob2_0 .... Joined: Posts: 352
    a3 upper for me i dont play the extra chars but i love fighting against them
    wheres the gba alpha at , i would have voted for that one. :lol:

hyper is crazy though i especially like how the mvs moves for some ppl
    and the old school music for the sf2 chars
    Sonic hurricane kick.
    A3 Max for the PSP, it's got more characters, and all the modes come unlocked, so it's great for long hours of traveling and stress relief.
  • The IlluminatiThe Illuminati Joined: Posts: 656
    Zero 2 ftw...

Why?
    - Ryu vs. Ken dialogue
    - No Final Bison
    - it felt like ST all over again.

...that went well.

Better endings too.
  • JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808
    oh, and the music is hotsauce. Geif has the best theme.
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • The IlluminatiThe Illuminati Joined: Posts: 656
    The sprites are also bigger in A2 than in A3.
  • SousukeSousuke Chinese Electric Batman Joined: Posts: 781
    Alpha 2 (gold)....i play it recently a lot with a friend. we both prefer A2 to A3 anytime. i am not a pro so i can't explain it correctly but it just feels better. the CC are not as broken as in A3 and you can beside your CC's also do your supers which brings more variation than just sticking only with V,X,A-Ism.
    風林火山

"the answer lies in the heart of battle!" ~Ryu
    Alpha 3 has more variety.
  • GunterJPNGunterJPN Ghetto Gief Joined: Posts: 380
    Alpha 3 has more variety.

That's an illusion. You have to choose what you want at the character selection screen, but during gameplay you are forced to play with only ONE alpha counter, and EITHER VCs or supers. The "variety" of when to pop out, tech roll, etc. are bonuses to make up for those losses. The character count itself may be higher, but any character you choose is about half of what it is in A2 (because you have to choose an ism).

Also, because of the dominance of VCs, you basically have to use Vism. Of four tournament-allowed isms, only one is capable (outside of a few characters). That means only one fourth of the game is good.

Anyone that thinks A3 is a good game, MUST be using Vism...:rolleyes:
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    CCs were pretty dominant in A2, but I prefer the CC system in A2 to the VC system in A3.

A2 just feels like a much better rounded game, and it has that old school feel. The looseness of A3 is a lot of fun, but it's ultimately not what I prefer in a fighting game. You just can't dig into the characters.