Which Street Fighter Alpha game is your favorite?

13»

Comments

• otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,621
    A3 Upper seems to give the good version a bad wrap. "But it has Final Fantasy mode and emo Ryu!"
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A2 all day
  • DreamfireDreamfire ~And it's a long way forward, so trust in me. I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me.~ Joined: Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I liek alpha2. :clapdos:
    <randomdps> Yes, it's like your characters are walking through a sea of gummy bears
    Darian on how slow A3 is.

<Hakero> fucking brazil is in tropical geography
    I just wanted to throw out that in A2, ACs get raped when abused. I just played a guy the other day who did all acs with Ken. 90% of them got OS into a uppercut/super.

A3 isn't my cup of tea, but alot of way that game plays I really hate. Doesn't feel like a SF game, but I mainly play A2 and ST so yeah. Both games do have their BS though. Nothing is as simple as "ACs ruin A2" or "Infinites break A3". It is what is is, I play the one which IMO has the least bullshit in it and feels like a more solid game.
  • AudioCGAudioCG Bang The Machine Joined: Posts: 877
    A2 all the way.
    AV provided by Savaii
  • dman1963dman1963 Tiger................................. Joined: Posts: 98
    I like hyper for the fact you have access to all my money characters.. Alpha 1 Akuma, Alpha 2 Sagat, and vamps- ism claw
    (SF2 Series) Claw, Sagat (SFA series)Sagat, Adon,Gouki, Claw (SF3series)- Gouki, Dudley
    (SFIV Series ) Adon, Sagat, Claw, Dudley (SFex series) Gouki,Sagat, Claw, Darun
    Rushdown, Zoning, Grappling, Poking, I can do it all...lol
  • strizzmatikstrizzmatik Brick = Shat Joined: Posts: 250
    A2 all the way. Not that I disliked A3 that much, but the faggy juggle system and lame hitbox/CH properties were not things I liked to see in any SF game. A2 definitely has its bullshit but that's balanced out with great tier compression (unless you factor in E.Ryu or Shin Akuma of course) and the fact that almost any character can win at high-level. It also IMO has the best mix of the post-3 newer SF gameplay with the footsie-based spacing that gives it the old-school feel. CCs are riddick but no worse than A3 infinites, SF3's Genei-Jin/Chun-Li BS or SF4's reliance on Ultras, and ACs can be easily reversed if you look for them.

A2 >>> A3 >>>>>>>>>>>> A1
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    totally agreed.. let's not forget about the great music and cool backgrounds.
    A3 is kind of meh in these departments as well.
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • Faith From HellFaith From Hell Less Ego = More Soul Joined: Posts: 1,334
    No option to like them all? Aww.

I fell in love with the series because of Alpha 1.

I fell in love with competition because of Alpha 2.

I fell in love with tournaments because of Alpha 3.

Alpha 2 OST > Alpha 2 Gold OST

I will always love the artwork and colors that made the game much more alluring than the 3 series.

My favorite things about Alpha 1?: Akuma, Ryu's close fierce Hadoken, Charlie, Guy, Rose, Ken's voice, Sodom's s.RH kick on opponent wake-up (LOL), chain combos. Soundtrack. (Guy's arranged theme, Akuma's original theme, Dan's arranged theme, lots of them!) Damage scaling (practically none, yay!) Sagat's 7 hit Tiger Blow (he didn't call it an uppercut, did he?) Sagat's intro fighting Ryu.

My favorite things about Alpha 2?: Ken, competition (yay, balance!), classic feel, last time your shoto can sweep cancel into a hadoken, grass stage, waterfall stage, Bison's ending (this game did seem kind of darker), intro music, Ryu's stage and Ryu's ORIGINAL stage theme, Gen's theme, Guy's stage, Shadowloo Cammy, SHIN AKUUUMAAAAA, Evil Ryu (which was much better than the one in A3), selecting your own win pose. Unique Shun Goku Satsu finish screen. CCs.

My favorite things about Alpha 3?: Guy, lots of cool themes (Rose, Zangief, Ryu, etc., dramatic battle theme is siiiiiiiiiick and the PS1 stages for it were cool), juggles like a mofo, selecting your own win pose without holding start/select, fighting against Rolento, Karin Kanzuki, lots of characters, wish I could play Ingrid, win quotes, world tour mode. Ryu's tatsumakisempuukyaku that would dizzy you in like 3 hits. Shin Dictator. Ryu's 1% chance to be powerful Shin Shoryuken (pulled it off properly maybe twice ever - wtf Capcom). Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu's intro. Ken and Ryu's intro. ISMs.

I can't think of anything else but I'm sure there's more.
    Fighting game status: Hiatus
    Current gaming status: Bayonetta (Hard) Playthrough

"Hate to sound sleazy, but tease me. I don't want it if it's that easy." -Tupac
  • HakeroHakero crazy fucker Joined: Posts: 52
    a2 for noobs but a3 for top level players
    afro legends : We will beat Japan one day at this game. I promise
    Hakero : ROFL
  • PenancePenance Beast of Blood Joined: Posts: 185
    Alpha 2 gold. just a nice balance in play mechanics, dosn't feel watered down with utterly worthless characters (juri, Juli) and has a better custom combo system IMO.
    Cant stop me
    Got a middle finger degree
    Out for everybody to see
  • DreamfireDreamfire ~And it's a long way forward, so trust in me. I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me.~ Joined: Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Alpha 2 gold. just a nice balance in play mechanics, dosn't feel watered down with utterly worthless characters (juri, Juli) and has a better custom combo system IMO.

*Vomits*
    <randomdps> Yes, it's like your characters are walking through a sea of gummy bears
    Darian on how slow A3 is.

<Hakero> fucking brazil is in tropical geography

A2G was a failure of balancing lol
  • DaoDao I'm so nice. Joined: Posts: 19
    a3 dramatic battle
    av by csphere
    a3 dramatic battle

Yes that clearly makes A3 better lol I'm pretty sure A2G had i too.
  • PenancePenance Beast of Blood Joined: Posts: 185
    A2G was a failure of balancing lol

*shrugs* to each their own, it felt right to ME.
    Cant stop me
    Got a middle finger degree
    Out for everybody to see
    *shrugs* to each their own, it felt right to ME.

Well I dont see how the cc system was better. Enlighten me.
  • doujinshi_2001doujinshi_2001 Superman That Ho Joined: Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

i'm sure you think sf2 koryuu has a "nice balance in play mechanics" as well.
    Niggas got carlos canceled two days in a row. - Adam Warlock
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 5242 4130 9548
    i'm sure you think sf2 koryuu has a "nice balance in play mechanics" as well.

Felt right to ME.
  • FUNFUN At ease, losah Joined: Posts: 215
    Played Super and ST when they came out but what really got me into SF were Alpha 2 and 2I, so I'm voting for that.

A3 is close tho, even if only because more people play it.
    3rd Strike: Alex, Elena/Last Blade 2: Okina (Power), Amano (Power)/Vampire Savior 2: Lei-Lei/Mark of the Wolves: Jae, B. Jenet
  • Red LotusRed Lotus Unique like everyone else Joined: Posts: 413
    Street Fighter Alpha 2.
  • saiferothsaiferoth Joined: Posts: 191
    i have fond memories of A2 on SNES (yeah i know, they must be really fond lol)
    A3 i never really got into because of the presentation and the A-ISM combos turned me off completely
    But yeah A2 had awesome music, awesome stages, and just slick presentation overall. A1 and A3 stages and music were really meh to me.

We need Australia and Venezuela stage for SSF4. who agrees?
    SSF4 - Cody, Ryu, Makoto
    UMvC3 - Frank West teams
    3SO - Akuma, Ken, Alex, Hugo
  • Green Ice DragonGreen Ice Dragon Joined: Posts: 52
    I have to go with a3 on the psone. The game just felt easier to comprehend for me
  • Doktor42Doktor42 Joined: Posts: 78
    A1, but only because it's the only one I've been able to play (There's a SF Alpha 1 arcade machine at a movie theater 5 mins away.)
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    A2,

altho screwing around in a3 with Karin is fun too...
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • AntaBakaAntaBaka Saikyo Practitionor Joined: Posts: 2
    Alpha 3 hands down... but I learned how to play fighting games through Alpha 2 so... err.. Crap! What a contridiction. And being jumped by Dan before fighting Akuma in A2 was quite a memory.
    I'm a Ken/Akuma scrub, so watch out for my skill-less victories!

Shinji Ikari; you block head!
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,297
    Alpha 2 for me. I even imported Zero 2. :-)
  • slugnastyslugnasty Joined: Posts: 30
    Really hard to choose between A2 and A3 for me but I guess I gotta give the edge to A2. But then again that's probably because I've played more A2. I think if I had more chances to play A3 with friends it would get the clear edge.
    Ju6kw7C.png 8F7Utl4.png
  • J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378
    I like gold just because it's hilarious.
    I never felt any Alpha game was competitive enough to warrant seriousness.
    It's been real.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    A2!
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • CauptainCauptain Once Again Legend Joined: Posts: 22
    ALPHA 2 for men

ALPHA 3 for kids

Simple...;)
  • SRWPyritSRWPyrit ↻ + LP+LK Joined: Posts: 1,546
    Alpha 2
    http://twitter.com/pooplos_z
    C to the O to the M, B, O!!!
  • Drizzle BubbleDrizzle Bubble FADC TAUNT Joined: Posts: 492
    Alpha 2.

I just had the most fun with it. I don't really know why though.
    SKULLGUUURRLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - PARASOUL, FILIAAAA
  • The_RealistThe_Realist The Ruler Joined: Posts: 13
    All of them has there good and bad. I would go with Hyper Alpha because it has all of them. Its pretty broken, but all of them are pretty broken itself.

Alpha 1 has Guy that can dizzy combo.

Alpha 2 has crazy CC and I know it can get crazy with Ken.

Alpha 3 has crazy CC with a lot of characters, especially Karin.
    Go to 1:06 = Karin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHZxQYpVhyc

I would like to see a remake of A3 with better stuff. I think a lot of people would like that.
    Outsider, No fakes allowed
  • SquaredSquared Joined: Posts: 253
    a2 for noobs but a3 for top level players
    ALPHA 2 for men

ALPHA 3 for kids

Simple...;)

battle royale perhaps?
    Guilty gear 4ever
  • EcKo Zero CoolEcKo Zero Cool lolz Joined: Posts: 802
    i cant choose :(
    These things are good: ice cream and cake, a ride on a Harley, seeing monkeys in the trees, the rain on my tongue, and the sun shining on my face.
    These things are a drag: dust in my hair, holes in my shoes, no money in my pocket, and the sun shining on my face.
  • SeegeeSeegee Joined: Posts: 6
    I can't set a firm answer. A2 had the better polish visually, but A3 had better balance and mechanics. Arcade versions in all cases.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    I can't remember.
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    but A3 had better balance and mechanics.
    like overpowered V-ISM and infinites?
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learning Joined: Posts: 424
    I have come to appreciate Alpha 3 more as time has gone by, but 2 is still tops. Alpha 2 with a few of Alpha 3's characters and upgraded movesets would be a true finale for the series!
    Casually playing:
    SFIV: Fei, Yun
    ST: Ryu, Deejay
    SG: Valentine
  • StarzkynHutchStarzkynHutch Iron Monkey Joined: Posts: 31
    A3 Juni & Juli ftw
    SFxT: Main: Akuma/Asuka Secondary: Zangief/Kuma
    Sakura/Asuka Toro/Kuro
  • Mr_LuckylegsMr_Luckylegs Joined: Posts: 6
    A3!
13»