The Monster Hunter Thread: A Whole New World

AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAINJoined: Posts: 1,754
edited June 13 in General Discussion
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is releasing this Friday so get your Charge Axes ready!

This thread is for general MH chit chat, news, strats/help, online parties etc.

Info, tips and guides may be found here: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

Monster Hunter 4 weapon tutorials

MONSTER HUNTER X

061_thumb.jpg

MHX coming to a 3DS near you

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/01/monster-hunter-x-will-be-all-about-hunting-maneuvers-and-style/
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/04/monster-hunter-x-details-on-new-monsters-areas-and-actions/
Post edited by Abbachio on
{]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
{]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay

Comments

• KORYNTHYANKORYNTHYAN Pinteresting... Joined: Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2013
    Either the previous thread (there was one) was deleted due to this new site overhaul, or you didn't look hard enough.
    I seriously doubt any major numbers of WiiU owners here. I don't even own one even though I'd like to because MH3U
    is the only game I been wanting to play as of late, over everything else that's out. Good luck.

One thing I've been seeing a lot of on YouTube, that I don't like about MH3U is the slime element. Seems broken
    as fuck. As broken as head-locking wasn/is in all previous MH games. Seems like there's always something that CAPCOM
    must do to (or overlook) in order to make their games broken.

~K.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    LESTWINS
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,754
    Yeah slime seems pretty OP but i'm not sure how it plays out in high/G rank though, hopefully the monsters have some resistance to it or it could even be patched.

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

• KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,923
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/63588/the-monster-hunter-thread

The original thread is on some unlockable G-Rank quest status, lol.

Hmm...
    I should probably get around to working/finishing up on another solo weapon type/class run on MHFU that I started a while back.

I'll probably check out MH3U... someday.
    Ah, thanks for the link! I don't get why it didn't show up when I searched for it though :/

• KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,923
    'new' search stuffs are weird like that.

In my experience with it, I usually had a better chance of searching for a particular thread not with the 'named' thread title, but with a particular word/sequence in a post instead.

I found the original thread with the term 'gunlance', which happens to be the current solo weapon type/class run I'm doing in MHFU, lol.
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Slime is too good.
    It's all explosive element, which no monster has resistance too. Same thing as the Gunlance shots and explosive barrels.

TOO GOOD.

I am switching from Gunlance to Lance now. I need that triple hop and counter. PREDICTABLE.
  • The MartianThe Martian Tatsu Spam Supreme™ Joined: Posts: 12,148
    What is this slime shit you people speak of?

Also I got this game the day I got a WiiU. It's terrific. For the time being I've been trying to farm components from the Lagiacrus. I already have the full armor set you get from him, as well as that "Windbreaker" long sword or whatever it's called. I've been trying to get this other longsword that does lightening damage, and literally all I need is 1 piece of something that the Lagiacrus is supposed to drop, but after trapping 3 of those fuckers AND breaking a lot of their armor off, I have yet to acquire one. Think it's called "Lagiacrus Plate" or something.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • PKKTenshiPKKTenshi Joined: Posts: 17
    the plate has a 4% chance drop from a tail carve, and a 6% chance for a capture reward. At least thats what I see from MH wikia. Haven't gotten around to getting this game yet as I need to pay off some other stuff first, but the wikia has been generally accurate on drops for my playthroughs of MHFU and MH3rd
    PSN:PKKTenshi
    DoA5U Main: Tina Armstrong (Alts:Rachel, Hitomi, Mila)
    I'm not too great at all, but would love to have some people to train and play with. Feel free to add me :D
    I got the guide on my work desktop, so if you need to know a % drop just ask.

Slime is a new element.
    You make tthe weapon with Brachydios parts and it causes explosions with enough hits.
    It's sick, cause it breaks parts much easier too (except tails, cause it doesn't do cut damage)
    Whaaaaat

When do I get to deal with slime? I haven't even seen any. I'd love to have an exploding sword.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    See that slime on his pounders? He pounds it into the ground and that shit explodes in like 4 secs.
    He does some stupid ass pivoting shit, where he does a jumping pound and turns 180 degrees right away.
    It's fun.

pub_brachydios_normal11-540x325.png
    edited April 2013
    That's badass. What HR is that at? 5 or 6 I'm assuming?

Also OP, you should totally edit the your post with people who are currently playing this. I have no one to do the Marina missions with.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    edited April 2013
    HR3 Urgent actually.
    HR4 Urgent is Ivory Lagiacrus.
    Wow. I didn't even know you could get more than one urgent in an HR. So how do I unlock those?

I apologize for all the questions, but this is pretty much my first Monster Hunter, haha.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    Sorry, I'm an idiot.
    HR4 Urgent is Brachy.
    HR5 Urgent is Ivory Lagiacrus.
    There is only one urgent per HR.

But there is Moga Village quests and Port Tanzia quests, both with different HR urgents and quests.
    Oh ok. So it's one of the Port quests then.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    Correct.
    Those are the tough ones.

I first played Monster Hunter when it came out, tried lance, I sucked mad balls, couldn't beat the Velocidrome and quit.
    Then I tried it again on PSP and play more, got a little better but only put in 40 hours or so.

I'm enjoying this one, as I know how the play much better now, but still not nearly as good as my other friends, that have put a million hours into it.

My buddy solo'd his way to HR7 with sword and shield.
    edited April 2013
    I find myself being a clumsy useless fuck with anything besides the Great and Long swords. And I only picked up long swords yesterday.

Yeah, the port missions are balls. At first I didn't know that those were much harder, so I was all confused as to why a goddamn Querpeco was taking a combined total of 3 consecutive hours for 2 people to kill. Sigh.

I'm really not looking forward to fighting an even stronger Lagiacrus. It's hard enough trying to get a scalp from that thing.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    The worlds are down for maintenance and I'm so close to full brachy set, just need 1 more pleura + and 2 fucium. >_<

haha I'm so bad I barely even bother with Port quests.
    I just wait for my 3 friends to come over and we ruin shit on our DS's.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,580
    odin wrote: »
    See that slime on his pounders? He pounds it into the ground and that shit explodes in like 4 secs.
    He does some stupid ass pivoting shit, where he does a jumping pound and turns 180 degrees right away.
    It's fun.

pub_brachydios_normal11-540x325.png

THIS MOFO...My first few encounters with him and he's all the way in California and shooting arrows at him from Virginia. This ass Michael Jordan's his way over to me REGARDLESS of where I am. I need to farm more parts off of him and Lagi.
    http://www.destructoid.com/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-update-arrives-april-16-251242.phtml

Cross region play and off screen splay coming on the 16th of April!

• NeesaNeesa Melt in your mouth kind of lovin'. Joined: Posts: 7,105
    That's cool and all but, I wish that I could play online with my BF. We can do local play, but, that's it. We have to take turns to do online play, which is stupid, unless we got another Wii U. Zzz.

Anyway, I've been having fun with it. Almost done with my Lagombi armor. Bunny girl armor is so cute.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
    He uses the 3DS, but they can't go online together.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    I thought there was a patch that lets the Wii U and 3DS play online together?

Nope. Me and my friends (one has a 3DS, the other a Wii U) couldn't all play together. Either it would just be my Wii U and the 3DS, his Wii U and the 3DS, or me and the other Wii U. Shit's retarded.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    Wow, that's fucking stupid. Guess me and my gf don't need to get a 3DS yet then.

It's pretty stupid at the moment. If I really like this game and wanna play online with him, we'll end up getting another Wii U in our new place so we can play online together. We'll see. But, if you don't mind just doing local play, you can use your 3DS and Wii U console to play together. Just can't play with other people... Which blows if they're higher rank and you don't wanna wait to get that armor/weapons.

#NintendoProblems
    Monster Hunter Online just got announced
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542352

joint project between capcom and Tencent and it's powered by CryEngine 3

Trailer
    What?!

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    CryEngine?? That's nuts.
  • PastramiPastrami Delicious Deli Meat Joined: Posts: 204
    Looks pretty cool. This is like Monster Hunter Frontier right? I just hope it gets released stateside. MH is like crack to me.
    [♥slimey... yet satisfying♥]
    Wow that looks fantastic! I'm hopeful for a western release.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,644
    Monster Hunter on CryEngine 3? All my fucking money. I would buy a new rig just to play it
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • HawkHawk Tandem and Saikyo Joined: Posts: 1,658
    Going through high rank in MH3U 3DS. Saw a quest to kill 10 Jaggia, paid out like 4000z or something.

Took it and immediately realized why it was a high rank mission.

Then the very next mission after that (c.peco) that bastard summons Deviljho to wreck my shit again and I'm just sitting here wishing I had a Wii U and online capabilities.
    It really sucks that the 3ds has no online but I guess peeps can take solace in the fact that MH4 will have online, just hope it has G Rank.

I took my Wii U over to someone elses house last thurs. and played with 3 3DS players. Was pretty fuckin awesome playing locally with other people and I didn't need a TV either.
    Me and my gf play that way, I use 3DS and she has the gamepad. Just wish I knew people with a 3DS and MH

• krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,846
    So yeah I got my 3DS XL and MonHun, my brother got his a few days ago, and I managed to get two other friends to buy it as well, 4 player bro-op is gonna be nuts.
    It's so balls that you can't use more than 1 WiiU when a 3DS is involved. What kind of decision was that?

Tumblr (NSFW)
    It's so balls that you can't use more than 1 WiiU when a 3DS is involved. What kind of decision was that?

a stupid one

• Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I picked up MH3U on 3DS about two weeks ago and already have almost 100 hours logged. Shit is addicting and too much fun. Using a Great Sword as my main weapon. MAN MODE.
  • AfterfxAfterfx Joined: Posts: 108
    For all of you Long Sword users that may not know, if you use your "R" attack four times and the 360 degree lunge attack hits any enemy your weapon will start glowing and dealing more damage, you may stack this up to three times the longest combo you can do with long sword with gaining a stack is X,X,A,X,R,X,R,X,R,R this will result in a stack of super if the last R manages to draw blood from any enemy, I have played with this and can say it definately seems to increase your speed and perhaps damage.
  • BoelBoel all this post up in your butt Joined: Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They're removing underwater fights in 4?
    Boel wrote: »
    Man I cannot wait for 4 and never having to kill a thing underwater again

Man up. The Lagiacrus is my nemesis monster and I have a blast fighting him after learning how he works.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    They're removing underwater fights in 4?

Yup, though 4 seems more climbing/platform oriented. Monsters also use their surroundings more apparently.

Interesting choice. Underwater levels always suck no matter what the game, so I welcome this change.

Lagiacrus is fucking annoying. I was getting tired of farming him to make my Lagiacrus set since attacking him after dodging some attacks was impossible unless you had Current Resistence.