Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The Monster Hunter Thread: A Whole New World

Comments

• krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,851
    So yeah I got my 3DS XL and MonHun, my brother got his a few days ago, and I managed to get two other friends to buy it as well, 4 player bro-op is gonna be nuts.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like These... Joined: Posts: 12,604
    It's so balls that you can't use more than 1 WiiU when a 3DS is involved. What kind of decision was that?
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,833
    It's so balls that you can't use more than 1 WiiU when a 3DS is involved. What kind of decision was that?

a stupid one
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World, Digimon: Cyber Sleuths, Yakuza 3
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,217 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I picked up MH3U on 3DS about two weeks ago and already have almost 100 hours logged. Shit is addicting and too much fun. Using a Great Sword as my main weapon. MAN MODE.
  • AfterfxAfterfx Joined: Posts: 108
    For all of you Long Sword users that may not know, if you use your "R" attack four times and the 360 degree lunge attack hits any enemy your weapon will start glowing and dealing more damage, you may stack this up to three times the longest combo you can do with long sword with gaining a stack is X,X,A,X,R,X,R,X,R,R this will result in a stack of super if the last R manages to draw blood from any enemy, I have played with this and can say it definately seems to increase your speed and perhaps damage.
  • BoelBoel FREEDOM FIGHTER I CANNOT BE CAGED Joined: Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man I cannot wait for 4 and never having to kill a thing underwater again
    <@MrWizard>; SRK still gets quite a bit of traffic
    <@MrWizard>; mostly from SFV noobs
    <@MrWizard>; and GD hell spawn
    #teamhellspawn
    They're removing underwater fights in 4?
    Boel wrote: »
    Man I cannot wait for 4 and never having to kill a thing underwater again

Man up. The Lagiacrus is my nemesis monster and I have a blast fighting him after learning how he works.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    They're removing underwater fights in 4?

Yup, though 4 seems more climbing/platform oriented. Monsters also use their surroundings more apparently.

Interesting choice. Underwater levels always suck no matter what the game, so I welcome this change.

Lagiacrus is fucking annoying. I was getting tired of farming him to make my Lagiacrus set since attacking him after dodging some attacks was impossible unless you had Current Resistence.
  • AfterfxAfterfx Joined: Posts: 108
    From what I understand MH4 will add sort of a grappling feature but is exclusive to Japanese 3DS to date.
  • ShintarruShintarru Not your Average Joe Joined: Posts: 553
    Is there any news on 4 being localized?
    Time is money, money is power, power corrupts eventually.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,577
    Shintarru wrote: »
    Is there any news on 4 being localized?

No...If I was Capcom though I wouldn't announce 4 being localized at E3 this year until the train on MH3U has completely died off. MH3U is supposedly selling pretty well so if they announced the game that soon it'd probably eat into profits. I'm not expecting anything until probably next year.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

I have two questions.

If I order a Japanese copy of Monster Hunter 4 here in America, can I play it on my 3DS?

And if so, can I change the in-game language to English?

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • ETEP1ETEP1 From The Bay to LA Joined: Posts: 1,515
    Just got MH3 for my new 3ds. Anybody here play on it? Are we able to link up? Not 100 percent sure how the online deal works on the 3ds with this game--invites, etc.
    San Francisco 49ers fan---Washington Redskins fan---Miami Dolphins fan
    Warriors fan---Celtics fan

Fighting games make me happy
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,343
    Unfortunately no. No online on the 3DS version of MH3, only wireless to other 3DS and to Wii U. Wii U version has online + lobbies

MH4 will have online though.

Regardless it's still a great game to play through yourself, just not as top tier with a group of friends.
  • ETEP1ETEP1 From The Bay to LA Joined: Posts: 1,515
    Ah, darn it. So basically you have to be in the same room? Guess I'll have to get together with my brothers.
    San Francisco 49ers fan---Washington Redskins fan---Miami Dolphins fan
    Warriors fan---Celtics fan

Fighting games make me happy
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,577
    OH HO HO SHIT SON!
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

More questions.

I have a Japanese PSN account, and I was browsing their store not too long ago and I found a weird Monster Hunter game. I think it was called Frontier. So, I downloaded it and started it up, but I'm stuck at this weird info page and everything is in Japanese so I have no idea what the fuck this shit is. Is it actually a game? Or is it a promotion or something?

Tumblr (NSFW)
    MonHun Frontier is a online only MMO brosef, it's also IP/region locked so you can't play it unless you live in Japan.
    MonHun Frontier is a online only MMO brosef, it's also IP/region locked so you can't play it unless you live in Japan.

Capcom is a bunch of fucking dick heads.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    With MH4U coming out in a few days, why hasn't this thread been bumped?! I dunno about you guys, but my body is Reggie.
    Holy shit, last comment was a year ago. Lmfao.

I'll be getting it on Friday too. Can't wait to try out the newer weapons. Mostly can't wait to play as Samus though.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    With MH4U coming out in a few days, why hasn't this thread been bumped?! I dunno about you guys, but my body is Reggie.

It was pretty much a dead thread but if people are gonna post I don't mind updating the OP if you guys post any info or anything.

Sadly I'll be skipping MH4U for a little while, bills and shit ;_;

• 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 1,025
    edited February 2015
    Abbachio wrote: »
    Sadly I'll be skipping MH4U for a little while, bills and shit ;_;

You and me both. Was ready to get that Nu3ds bundle with it & everything.

But with no income tax coming my way & bills? I got backhanded into reality real quick.
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
    Some info on the new weapons:

I'm normally a Great Sword user but the Charge Blade is really fun to use so I'll probably use that as my main weapon now.
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,548
    I'll diff be getting it Friday and probably wont have time to play it till Monday the latest.
    Updated OP with MH4U weapon tutorials, cheers for the vids @Spirit Juice

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2015
    I'm really liking the MH4 demo, although using the 3DS lower screen to change direction is a bit clumsier than I like that second stick will be soo welcome. Unfortunately my PC backlog is huuuuuuuuuge so it would be stupid for me to buy a N3DS and MH4 anytime soon. At some point this year I'll probably get to it and experience my first MH :tup:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    I'm really liking the MH4 demo, although using the 3DS lower screen to change direction is a bit clumsier than I like that second stick will be soo welcome. Unfortunately my PC backlog is huuuuuuuuuge so it would be stupid for me to buy a N3DS and MH4 anytime soon. At some point this year I'll probably get to it and experience my first MH :tup:

There's a demo out?

Also, in MH3U I would just use the L button (or whichever trigger it was) to turn the camera around. It was the same button to lock onto the monster too, and once you're locked on camera direction doesn't really matter much until you plan on locking off again.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    edited February 2015

You could always order a Circle Pad Pro; makes camera control much, much easier.

Also, I didn't know this at the time I posted the videos, but the Charge Blade also has guard points on some of its attacks. Guard point section is covered at 12:33.

• SixMachineSixMachine Joined: Posts: 2,346
    Anyone else grinding this game out? I just got it yesterday. Insect Glaive is pretty damn awesome, you can sort of combo the kinsect by sending it forward with R + X, then turn around and R + X to send it through again, then turn around and do it again to do another hit with the 3rd one being the drill. It's not as damaging as just doing a combo in red state but if you just want to get some hits in from a distance or when approaching, I finished off some hunts with it. Vaulting just feels awesome if you go completely over a charging monster, trying to mount them, and just decking flying enemies in the face to bring them to the ground is cool. My HR is pretty low at the moment but I'm really looking forward to fighting harder hunts with this thing.

I'm not using a CCP but does it help a lot? I played a decent amount of Ninja Gaiden so I'm totally fine with repositioning the camera behind my back.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,348
    CPP makes using the ranged weapons easier.

Thats really about it. Not really needed.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Doktor_NoctisDoktor_Noctis Joined: Posts: 94
    Helped somebody complete the Dah'Mohran urgent and it's kind of startling how easy he is once you get to the land segment.
    edited February 2015
    They made the low rank mohran events much more quicker. Which is good. Though that can absolutely change at high/g rank.

Only thing is that i haven't needed to properly use the ship weapons aside from balistas and cannons because it dies before then, gong included. So higher rank runs will be kind of awkward if they misuse those.
  • Doktor_NoctisDoktor_Noctis Joined: Posts: 94
    edited February 2015
    I'm kinda glad it's a smooth ride, since I honestly don't want that being a wall before I move on to HR4. Just gotta bust up Tigrex and coast through Dah'Mohran myself.
    edited February 2015
    Made an effort to work on Hunting horn since its the only weapon i really havent bothered using much and i managed to get a talisman with 10+ maestro + 2 slots.

Holy shit the moveset feels so awkward yet kinda strong coming from a hammer main. Long reaching hits that hit at weird angles yet it does compareable dps/ko damage to hammer. First oddity is that the moveset is actually PRETTY large, a lot more large than I ever thought. Majority of them has their own specific use, including the recitals also being a rather ultra damaging attack with a very long animation time *interestingly enough there's a shit load of different recital attacks depending on the prior move on top of the follow up recital having 3 freaking different attacks depending on which direction/neutral input you used*

In MH4U they allowed the Forward A double swing to allow 2 notes by entering a 2nd input of your choice during the 2nd swing so that you can cut down on swing time to get the songs you want faster. Amazing utility.

Again... large moveset with very specific yet strong applications.

ANNNNND THEN...

There's memorizing each individual weapon's song charts, which leads to knowing when to use those attacks with very specific use, which leads back to trying to remember what the notes were for the song, and then trying to find a good opportunity to safely land the recital attack if possible and maybe go for the encore which takes great sword levels of timing to do safely

Dayum.

Anyways for those still getting through the low/high ranks, it gets WAY harder. Apparently this entry is around the hardest in the series.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,348
    Game definitely is harder than 3U

Able to body shit in G rank no prob in that game, but shit in High rank can give me major trouble in this game.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file