Vid Clips of SFA3 V-ism Character VC's on Youtube

Comments

• Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    Middlekick wrote:
    V-Guile's VC was VC2-> crouching Short-> Short SK-> [crouching Fierce-> Forward SK] x n. Very damaging.

Also, in HSFA and SFA3 Arrange, but not the Saturn, PSX or DC versions, why does Guile's kick air throw score 2 hits?
    Good stuff. :o

Hmm.. Could the air throw be because of the slam properties? Was it a slam in the Saturn, PSX, and DC versions?

Capcom may have overlooked it originally and rather than recoding the move, they just lowered the damage of the initial hit and then copy/pasted the code for a slam throw and tagged it onto the end of his throw. Lazy wins.
    Mechanica wrote:
    -snip-
    Whiffed throws build meter. But it's more of a signature than anything else, I guess.
    Let's play.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Yeah, that's the Guile VC i came up with.. doesn't seem to have much else. No infinte, can't cancel boom recovery during VC (I think), etc. Is there anything else?

He can combo after boom combo in the corner.. but seriously, it ain't much. It's nice to VC after they jump a boom, but could he be better in another -ism?
    Update: Added Charlie.
    Let's play.
    Update: Added Chun-Li

Thanks to Middlekick for helping with the stomp cancel info.

Holy shit late for work. I'm out.
    Let's play.
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604
    Nice work. However, when Chun cancels the stomp into a VC, she is supposed drop down very quickly, keeping the opponent in block-stun. I suspect that this is more likely to occur when the stomp is performed as an instant overhead or when Chun is very low to the ground.
    A good set-up would: blocked cross-up jumping Short-> IOH/LTTG stomp-> VC-> cross-up Short etc. and Chun should drop down super-fast, leading to the unblockable.
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    Nice V-Charlie unblockables. I've never seen anything like the first one before.
    Middlekick wrote:
    Nice work. However, when Chun cancels the stomp into a VC, she is supposed drop down very quickly, keeping the opponent in block-stun. I suspect that this is more likely to occur when the stomp is performed as an instant overhead or when Chun is very low to the ground.
    A good set-up would: blocked cross-up jumping Short-> IOH/LTTG stomp-> VC-> cross-up Short etc. and Chun should drop down super-fast, leading to the unblockable.
    Hmm.. Weird. Well it appears I can hit a crouching Ryu instantly when leaving the ground and it still doesn't work.
    Tried cross-up, IOH, VC.
    Tried j.HP, IOH, VC.
    Then tried them both on crouching Ryu. Still no luck.

Is there some trick to it? A kattobi maybe?

No worries though, I wanted to re-record a few of those combos anyway. I'll remove the video for now 'till I get it fixed.
    Majestros wrote:
    Nice V-Charlie unblockables. I've never seen anything like the first one before.
    Really? The acho nash players use that as their primary B&B. I'm pretty sure I x-copied his anti-air from TOMA.
    Let's play.
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    I've seen the anti-air ones before as well as the midscreen ones starting with low short xx LK Flash Kick, but that corner one where you did a bunch of blocked low shorts into unblockable j.HK is new to me.
    Majestros wrote:
    I've seen the anti-air ones before as well as the midscreen ones starting with low short xx LK Flash Kick, but that corner one where you did a bunch of blocked low shorts into unblockable j.HK is new to me.
    Oh, I see. Didn't know what you meant by "the first one".

Incidentally there's a few more characters that have similar ones (akuma, blanka, honda, rolento, to name a few). But they aren't as "safe" as the midscreen crossup ones.

One of the many benefits of shadow hits. It actually keeps them in perpetual blockstun untill you break their guard. Though grapplers don't have much use for it.
    Let's play.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,043 mod
    Can I get transcripts for that Charlie stuff Xenozip :D?
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Great idea Xenozip. Btw, that Rolento stuff was exspecially nice. I'm waiting for some Ken stuff leading to CC's.

keep it up, you inspire people in terms of VC :)
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
    Very good work Xenozip! Thx, for your support.
    If I can add an idea:
    You could also shown the Sodom re-activation infinite VC. I don't know if it's harder or easier then the Karin re-activation VC. But both are killer! ^_^
    Can I get transcripts for that Charlie stuff Xenozip :D?
    Sure, check second post.
    If I can add an idea:
    You could also shown the Sodom re-activation infinite VC. I don't know if it's harder or easier then the Karin re-activation VC. But both are killer! ^_^
    Seems extraneous. But, I guess I could add it if I decide to do P2 CC infs.
    Let's play.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Xenozip. wrote:
    Well, for the past week or so I've been working on video clips of various character VC's. I originally only intended to just do a few, but some friends of mine requested a few more, and a few more, and then suddenly I have 8 characters done. I don't want to make another combo video, because I just don't. But this has been interesting enough for me that I think I would like to continue working on them, perhaps untill I get all the SFA3 characters done. I don't know how useful they are since I'm really just rehashing old news, but I don't want them to go to waste either.

good shit, thanks alot for this!
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
    Xenozip, can I get transcripts of Vega?

thanks
    unledded wrote:
    Xenozip, can I get transcripts of Vega?

thanks
    Sure, check second post.
    Let's play.
    anybody got vids of all of ryu's and ken's v-ism combo and tricks?
    Tekneeeekz wrote:
    anybody got vids of all of ryu's and ken's v-ism combo and tricks?
    I have Ryu almost finished at home.

But, I'm not at home right now. I've been on hiatus for the past week due to all the current events. But, as soon as I get home I'll be sure to finish Ryu (and hopefully Chun) and post them up. Sometime within the next few days (hopefully, heh).

Ken is on the backburner for me though, sorry. If anyone else feels like compiling some Ken VC stuff, then by all means please do (best kind boxer?). <3
    Let's play.
  • afsddfasdfasafsddfasdfas Joined: Posts: 117
    Transcripts for Sakura and Rose combos would be great.
    ☠☠☠
    Do you have any good ways to get into Chun-lis v-ism combos I've been trying my ass off.
    Update: Added Ryu
    Transcripts for Sakura and Rose combos would be great.
    Alright. They're enqueue.
    dezmu wrote:
    Do you have any good ways to get into Chun-lis v-ism combos I've been trying my ass off.
    Only works against other A3 characters.

Anti air: (VC1) c.RH, whiff SK, shadow hits, j.FK, CC infinite

midscreen unblockable: (VC1) crossup j.SK, c.SK, d-u+SK, whiff SK, shadow hits, j.FK, CC infinite

corner: (VC1) [hcf+P]xN

I'll get the vid up later. Hopefully in the next few days.
    Let's play.
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,779
    Xenozip. wrote:

midscreen unblockable: (VC1) crossup j.SK, c.SK, d-u+SK, whiff SK, shadow hits, j.FK, CC infinite

what IS the CC infinite? It looks like it's just headstomp but I can only get one headstomp. do you CC those? what would the button/directional presses for that even look like :looney:
    I make Jazz-Hop/Soul-Hop: http://releases.prosodij.co.uk
    what IS the CC infinite? It looks like it's just headstomp but I can only get one headstomp. do you CC those? what would the button/directional presses for that even look like :looney:
    You can CC infinite with j.RH or vertical j.RH. Both her j.RH's pop the opponent up far enough if they hit twice that you can use another attack (like j.FP) to keep them at the height you want. I would recommend [j.RH, j.FP, j.FP]xN, or whatever variation you're comfortable with. You just need to get the hang of j.HK.

Headstomping in the corner forces Chun away from the corner, which is probably why you can only get one headstomp off. The repeated headstomps only works midscreen. However, there is a way for both Player 1 Chun and Player 2 Chun to loop headstomps for an infinite CC.

For Player 2 Chun it's a simple matter of crossing up in the corner with j.SK, then stomping across the screen to the other side and repeating the process.

For Player 1 Chun it's a little harder. But, it's possible to jump toward the corner, then immediately wall jump out of the corner and hit with j.SK as soon as you leave the wall. Because Chun is facing out of the corner, the j.SK pushes the opponent out of the corner as well, and you can loop more headstomps.

An example of the Player 1 headstomp infinite is like :
    [j.FP]x2, j.RH, jump toward corner, wallbounce -> j.SK, CC [j.d+FK]xN, late j.FP as you're landing, repeat.

The more accurately you time the stomps, the more hits you can get. It's also dependant on your position relative to your opponent's body. But, it's a whole lot easier to just stomp a few times, since if you stomp a whole bunch of a lot then you're going to get really high in the air, which makes landing more hits difficult..

I'll try to get Chun finished next so that you guys can see what I'm talking about.
    Let's play.
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,779
    You can CC infinite with j.RH or vertical j.RH. Both her j.RH's pop the opponent up far enough if they hit twice that you can use another attack (like j.FP) to keep them at the height you want. I would recommend [j.RH, j.FP, j.FP]xN, or whatever variation you're comfortable with. You just need to get the hang of j.HK.

Headstomping in the corner forces Chun away from the corner, which is probably why you can only get one headstomp off. The repeated headstomps only works midscreen. However, there is a way for both Player 1 Chun and Player 2 Chun to loop headstomps for an infinite CC.

For Player 2 Chun it's a simple matter of crossing up in the corner with j.SK, then stomping across the screen to the other side and repeating the process.

For Player 1 Chun it's a little harder. But, it's possible to jump toward the corner, then immediately wall jump out of the corner and hit with j.SK as soon as you leave the wall. Because Chun is facing out of the corner, the j.SK pushes the opponent out of the corner as well, and you can loop more headstomps.

An example of the Player 1 headstomp infinite is like :
    [j.FP]x2, j.RH, jump toward corner, wallbounce -> j.SK, CC [j.d+FK]xN, late j.FP as you're landing, repeat.

The more accurately you time the stomps, the more hits you can get. It's also dependant on your position relative to your opponent's body. But, it's a whole lot easier to just stomp a few times, since if you stomp a whole bunch of a lot then you're going to get really high in the air, which makes landing more hits difficult..

I'll try to get Chun finished next so that you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for that. I'll try it out later.

EDIT: I finally got the instant drop headstomp VC to work too.
    Great thread, thanks a lot xenozip. Any chance you could do a vid for Gen?
    Awesome vids!
    ^ Thanks.
    EDIT: I finally got the instant drop headstomp VC to work too.
    Can you post up how you do it?

I've only found thee variations so far, and all three appear to be escapable.

If you cancel the headstomp immediately as it connects, you will fall pretty quick, but Chun's arc is too far for j.SK to be a cross-up midscreen. And unfortunately near the corner I think you can reversal it with a JP or DP.

If you hold back and then cancel it as soon as the stomp finishes, it perfectly setps up a cross-up midscreen, but the arc is really high, and I'm pretty sure it's escapable.

If you don't push anything and activate a VC as soon as the stomp ends, you fly really far and high, so it's not really useful.

I can't seem to get the instant drop to occur. :bluu:
    Great thread, thanks a lot xenozip. Any chance you could do a vid for Gen?
    Sure. When I finish with Chun then Gen will be next.
    Let's play.
    ^ Stomp, then kattobbi another one into VC? I dunno..
    ^ Thanks.
    Can you post up how you do it?

I've only found thee variations so far, and all three appear to be escapable.

If you cancel the headstomp immediately as it connects, you will fall pretty quick, but Chun's arc is too far for j.SK to be a cross-up midscreen. And unfortunately near the corner I think you can reversal it with a JP or DP.

If you hold back and then cancel it as soon as the stomp finishes, it perfectly setps up a cross-up midscreen, but the arc is really high, and I'm pretty sure it's escapable.

If you don't push anything and activate a VC as soon as the stomp ends, you fly really far and high, so it's not really useful.

I can't seem to get the instant drop to occur. :bluu:

The only way I could get the instant drop cross up drop to work, was doing it the first way you described on a crouching/crouch blocking character :sad:. Standing and stand blocking chun always fell in front of the other character rather than behind for a cross up. BUT you could do a front drop j.jab on the way down, c.jab , short dragon kick, whiff short, then whatever mid screen, but I think I saw that in the vid before it got taken down

EDIT: Aim for the head! :wgrin:

Or the back shoulders even better

When the head stomp hits directly on the head and you do it the first way you can cross up lk even when they are standing.

• skankin garbageskankin garbage ARE YOU OKAY!? Joined: Posts: 961
    Can I put in a request for Cody and R.Mika? I'm really trying to learn them in V-Ism, and this shit is great for me, cos I'm a visual learner.
    http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ - My own personal insights about games; totally inspired by David Sirlin and James Chen.

"Jesus would be MAD if he had to fight Ivan Ooze."
    "*I'd* be mad if Jesus had to fight Ivan Ooze.
    -snip-
    Perfect, thank you. :)
    Can I put in a request for Cody and R.Mika? I'm really trying to learn them in V-Ism, and this shit is great for me, cos I'm a visual learner.
    Sure, Cody and R.Mika are enqueue after Gen.
    Let's play.

Is it better to just use A-Chun-li?
    Perfect, thank you. :)

Sure, Cody and R.Mika are enqueue after Gen.

Stop stalling on the V-Rog :wgrin:

for kaillera, probably yeah. I didn't get the stomp cancel once in like 20 tries, only the high jump away. but you can still anti air CR.rh s.lk, whatever online if you want.
    Touchy subject... I would say V and then A. But it's all relative.

Considering all the pros and cons to V against A, I would have to say that V has a lot more pros. So I would say V then A. But if you're more comfortable with A, and your execution is better with A, and your overall game mechanics are better with A, then obviously you should stick with A. Only reason to switch to V in that situation is if you feel you can't go any further with A.

Sorry, what I'm basically saying is that once you've explored both A and V completely then you should be comfortable with making that decision yourself. And if you're not going into every aspect and really exploring everything (and/or don't intend to), then you should just go with what you have more fun with or are more comfortable with. Which means, I'm saying you should make the decision yourself, heh. :p

And if you're absolutely not sure about either, I would recommend V. But don't hate me if you find out later that you enjoy or do better with A. :p
    Stop stalling on the V-Rog :wgrin:
    Oh, you were serious? Sorry, I thought you were joking cuz it was more like a statement than a question.

You mean the boxer, right? He has like 2 VC's and they are both crap since neither are ground based (AFAIK). But if you're asking me then I'll put him at the top of the queue, since you asked a long time ago. :o
    Let's play.
    Are you leaving Karin for last?

D:
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Oh, you were serious? Sorry, I thought you were joking cuz it was more like a statement than a question.

You mean the boxer, right? He has like 2 VC's and they are both crap since neither are ground based (AFAIK). But if you're asking me then I'll put him at the top of the queue, since you asked a long time ago. :o

nah it's ok, i'll wait, i want to get the v-chun stuff down first anyway.
    Are you leaving Karin for last?

D:
    Not last. But I'm procrastinating because she will have the largest vid (which will likely take me the longest to make).

[Edit]: Is that a Big O av?
    Let's play.
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    For Cody, I've been using:

VC2: :d::mp: > :qcf::mk: > :r::hk: > :qcf::mk: > :hk: > :qcf::mk: > :hk: (Repeat until corner)
    And
    VC2: :d::mp: > :qcf::mk: > :r::hk: > :qcf::mk: > :d::hk: > :r::hk: > :qcf::mk: > :hk: (Repeat until corner)

-but they always tech flip after the :r::hk:
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
    Can i get osme good strats for v-ryu i just cant get his basic vc to work for me i mes sit up some how.
  • tolkientolkien tolkaNo Joined: Posts: 163
    xenozip how are you making 2p always attempt to flip at the first possible moment, is it a macro of some sort? i assumed you were recording these on pc
    Not last. But I'm procrastinating because she will have the largest vid (which will likely take me the longest to make).

[Edit]: Is that a Big O av?

Just wondering, because I've had this odd infatuation to play with her, and frankly I can't use V-ism for shit so I was looking for some help.

I take she really isn't worth using in A-ism (the regular old 3 meter green groove)? I feel most comfortable in that groove, but I've been told otherwise with her.

And fuck yes, it's a Big O av. They just started showing it again on CN, and I never caught the series in full (both seasons) so I'm totally following it now and really loving it.

<3 Dorothy <3
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    Well, for the past week or so I've been working on video clips of various character VC's.......

Just wanted to make you I said thanks for all the cool vids!
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
    -but they always tech flip after the :r::hk:
    The cancel for the toward+RH is pretty strict, but there are other variations that are more lenient. I'll get back to you with some more info when I'm home.
    Can i get osme good strats for v-ryu i just cant get his basic vc to work for me i mes sit up some how.
    Which VC? His corner VC is his only really solid VC.
    xenozip how are you making 2p always attempt to flip at the first possible moment, is it a macro of some sort? i assumed you were recording these on pc
    The nice thing about A3 is that if you hold the buttons (or buttons and direction), the game will automatically flip you at the first possible frame. So yes and no. It's a macro because I set up the buttons and a direction to a key on my keyboard, and all I have to do is hold that button. But usually I have my bro do it so that I don't have to hold it. I (or we) check it a few times with different flips -- like forward, neutral, and back. Because there have been some cases where you can't flip back, but you can flip forward.

And just to make sure, I cross-check everything with A3 in the PS2 SFAA just in case. And when I'm testing in SFAA, I set the AI to flip neutral first, and then forward, and then again with back. It's a fucking long process.
    -snip-
    She is worth playing in A-ism. It's just that she has a fuck of a lot more options and opportunities in V-ism. She also tends to get more damage in V-ism, depending on your level of execution.

VC activations give you the ability to blow throw fireballs and do good damage. It also gives you the ability to blow through attacks while in the air, which is useful while jumping or while recovering from a tech flip. It also gives you the ability to land a VC after an air throw or after numerous other situations, including her BnB or even a sweep. She also has the option to force damage at close range -- where as in A-ism she has to wait for a hit-confirm.

It's like saying in CvS2, A-Sakura pretty much can force huge damage in an activate situation. But C-Sakura can't land a super outside a hit-confirm. It's not like her hit-confirm is hard and it's not like she's a bad C character, it's just that she can do some absurd shit in A. That's how I look at Karin. A-Karin is buff, but V-Karin has way more ways to land confirmed damage.

Just watching good V-Karin players really makes it obvious how valuable VC activations are. Especially when it's almost guaranteed damage.
    Let's play.
    The nice thing about A3 is that if you hold the buttons (or buttons and direction), the game will automatically flip you at the first possible frame. So yes and no. It's a macro because I set up the buttons and a direction to a key on my keyboard, and all I have to do is hold that button. But usually I have my bro do it so that I don't have to hold it. I (or we) check it a few times with different flips -- like forward, neutral, and back. Because there have been some cases where you can't flip back, but you can flip forward.

I don't think the button holding thing works in HSFA? Call me crazy, I duno.

..and the training dummy doesn't always flip even when you set it.. like all console versions. It's the most reliable yet thougth.
    I see your point Xeno, thanks for that good bit of advice.

I'll be patient on the vid, but for now I'll stick to A-Karin.

^_^
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    I've had this odd infatuation to play with her, and frankly.... fuck yes, it's a Big O... so I'm totally.... loving it.

LOL.... You sick sick bastard :wink: Just kidding

The power of taking and editing things out of context....LOL

Maybe I am the sick bastard!:rofl:
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
    Ive played around with Kens V combos a bit, and his stuff looks extremely stylish. Will you do him?
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    The cancel for the toward+RH is pretty strict,

That strict? I swear I did it to the millisecond a couple times today, and people still flipped out of it.
    It can't be that bad if some Japanese players are using the :r::hk: cancel twice in one combo.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • vejaveja Joined: Posts: 24
    I've posted about a year ago somes vcs for v-zangief on the "VC's reborn" thread, such as a combo with cc finish... I saw most of them in a v-zangief's video, so I can up this video if you're interested.

Very nice videos Xenozip, you're amazing :tup:
    Update: Added Chun-Li Version 2
    ..and the training dummy doesn't always flip even when you set it.. like all console versions. It's the most reliable yet thougth.
    It depends on the situation, as far as I can tell.

There's a rule in SFA3 that you can't neutral air recover when you're too close to the ground. So generally it won't tech in a lot of situations if you set it to neutral or random.

And there are cases where forward teching works and back techning doesn't, so there again we have more situations where it might not tech. This is why I try it a few times on different settings.
    I'll be patient on the vid, but for now I'll stick to A-Karin.
    Cool. I'll try to get to her when I can. Fortunately all her VC's are kind of executed the same way, so she's not a very complex V character. It's just her OTG stuff gives her like a ton of different ways to land a VC. I want to include all of them in the vid.
    Ive played around with Kens V combos a bit, and his stuff looks extremely stylish. Will you do him?
    I'll get to him eventually, I'm working on some other characters at the moment.
    That strict? I swear I did it to the millisecond a couple times today, and people still flipped out of it.
    It can't be that bad if some Japanese players are using the :r::hk: cancel twice in one combo.
    It's a 3 or 4 frame window (I think 4). You have to execute the special move right before he lands or right as he is landing from the :r::hk:, so you can't delay the special move at all. My advice is to delay the :r::hk: after the first :qcf::mk:.

In other words, :d::mp: > :qcf::mk: > (delay) > :r::hk:

You could also just use :qcf::hk: instead.
    I've posted about a year ago somes vcs for v-zangief on the "VC's reborn" thread, such as a combo with cc finish... I saw most of them in a v-zangief's video, so I can up this video if you're interested.
    Sure. Post whatever you like.
    Let's play.