Richard:IMX (Dhalsim)
    Hollis:Heat wong (Zangief)
    GeeJay (Akuma)
    Damien (ChunLi)
    Chunkis (Akuma)

Format
    Character change: No
    Ism change: yes
    player order: each player of the guest country play all their 5 matches in a row

1. RF 1. Richard
    2. Daigo 2. Hollis
    3. Ino 3. GeeJay
    4. Kiyo 4. Damien
    5. D44Bas 5. Chunkis

Result
    Japan 16 UK 9
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    Wrong place to post those man.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • I.M.X.I.M.X. Joined: Posts: 10
    Wrong place to post those man.

Sorry my bad. I dont use this site much

Where is the best place to post these matches?
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    There's a match video thread in Fighting Game Discussion and it would be fine in the Alpha 3 Q&A topic. Someone posted your vids in the match video topic already though.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604

I'm aware that Juli has a poor defense rating, and her being in X-ISM is also a contributor, but aside from that, could the - possibly maximum - damage settings be the reason why these are so damaging?
  • Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    Well we see Juli in X-ism, and we see her getting hit out of a Cannon Spike. If it's not those three things combined then yeah I guess it's a damage setting.

[Edit]: Scratch that, there's no damage bonus for getting hit out of a Cannon Spike, or for crouching. So if those combos are doing more than they should then it's probably a damage setting.

[Edit1]: Actually I just tested the Ken one and there seems to be only a very small damage increase. Normal damage and 4 sweeps puts the life bar at the tip of the "D" in "Guard", but in their vid the 4th hit puts the life bar in between the A and the R in "Guard".

I dunno what percentage that is, but whatever.
    Let's play.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Those combos are so damaging, because the executing player in this vid gets a damage boost from having zero life left. (not really zero of course, but not visible like zero life. Just like in this vid.)

If you have zero life left and perform a Shinkuu Tatsumaki with Ryu it will damage Ken befor the D of guard. If Ryu has zero life left then it will damage Ken between the U and R.

So normal Shinkuu = 62 damage
    with damage boost= around 75-77 (something like that)

PS: did not know before the vid, but recognized very quickly. (maybe you'll the damage boost even before having zero life left, but I think you will get the most boost with zero life. (infact 1 pixel left.)
  • SinJulSinJul Tiger Bazooka! Joined: Posts: 291
    Xeno you still got the script for the V-Ism combos you did in the Dan Combo Video?
    http://www.akihabarashop.jp The best shop for Arcade Parts!
    http://sinjul.wordpress.com/ My Arcade Stick News/Reviews blog!
    Xeno you still got the script for the V-Ism combos you did in the Dan Combo Video?
    His midscreen and corner ones are here

His Gadou rave should be self explanatory. His CC setup is his corner VC in VC1, then whiff c.SP for the shadow hit. And his midscreen crossup is c.RH, VC1, crossup [j.FK c.FK, FP, c.SP, c.RH, whiff RH] repeat and/or crossup [j.FK, c.FK xx midscreen].

The other thing I did in the vid was an instant-air activation and quickly canceled into air qcb+SK.
    Let's play.
    Hello.
    How did you turn the annoying music off during the fight?
  • CBCB Joined: Posts: 2,840
    excellent v-karin section
  • OMEGA BATTLECATOMEGA BATTLECAT E.M.S. Assassin founder Joined: Posts: 65
    Can someone please help me crouch cancel. I don't really understand how ot do it so I fuck it up constantly. Can someone explain the rule to and then how to do it.
    .....................E.................M...............S....... PROJECT DARKSIDE

(PROJECT DARKSIDE LEADER)
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,779
    Can someone please help me crouch cancel. I don't really understand how ot do it so I fuck it up constantly. Can someone explain the rule to and then how to do it.

http://www.shoryuken.com/features/s000229.shtml

an easier way to practice it with ryu than the way they mention is close Red fireball, s.roundhouse, then crouch cancel j.MP's.

just keep doing that till you get it
    I make Jazz-Hop/Soul-Hop: http://releases.prosodij.co.uk
  • OMEGA BATTLECATOMEGA BATTLECAT E.M.S. Assassin founder Joined: Posts: 65
    http://www.shoryuken.com/features/s000229.shtml

an easier way to practice it with ryu than the way they mention is close Red fireball, s.roundhouse, then crouch cancel j.MP's.

just keep doing that till you get it

Thank you bro.
    .....................E.................M...............S....... PROJECT DARKSIDE

(PROJECT DARKSIDE LEADER)
    will there be a v-ken video netime?, causei would really like to see the 2p crouch cancel combo. I hear it gives more than 50% bar back....why is Ken's j.feirce so beastly?
  • SnoweSnowe Joined: Posts: 45
    Does anyone know Ken's midscreen where he rolls with fireballs? I've only landed it once, twice max :(
  • AYGCSMDAYGCSMD Joined: Posts: 98
    Cammy, Juli, and Sakura transcripts, please.
    LOL "Professional" Gamers.
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,536
    Can I get V-Sagats transcripts please.
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
  • xqoolexqoole Joined: Posts: 243
    I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but the last combo on the vid is the craziest thing I have ever seen in A3, or maybe any fighting game vid.

Chun-li VC's by VER
    I added some Tech Traps [/url] in response to [url=http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=138322 .
    Let's play.
    I threw together another video. Here: .

Read the description for the video here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=4318693#post4318693
    Let's play.
  • bushin187bushin187 Joined: Posts: 237
    the rolento vc vid is missing the corner vc

c.short s.strong s.fierce superjump mp

this has got to be the hardest vc in a3. It constist entirely out of normals which have to be done very fast

The only person who i've ever seen doing it is chikyuu.
    lp. mp. fp. fk.
  • thumbs_upthumbs_up Joined: Posts: 125
    Could I get some charlie transcript for those enders....seems like its just jab then jump short?
    also what would his best ender ? And that combo at 00:24 is that crouching fiercexx roundhouse flash kick??

Version 2 is up:
  • NokatoNokato Joined: Posts: 1,662

It's good to see combo vids (among Xenozip's) that are actually made with the intent to inform, not having horrible music and unnecessary edits that take away from what people want to know and see...how the combos work and what situations they are applicable in.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good stuff!
    Nobody likes my midscreen DP loop (spike crossup xN), hehehe.

Good work middlekick.
    Let's play.
    Thanks, guys.

Xeno: I love the Multi-Cross... It's so bad!

Actually, it's quite useful. I just suck at doing it well.
    Nobody likes my midscreen DP loop (spike crossup xN), hehehe.

Good work middlekick.

spacing is hard :[
  • ad1swissad1swiss swedish ryu Joined: Posts: 124
    hello

i just registred to see the transcript from akuma. how the hell were you able to grab the opponent in the corner? this is just impossible in my version of SFA3. Can you please post the transcript?

which pad do you use?

regards:lovin:
    They call me swedish ryu because when I joined TRF in Japan people coudnt spell my name. Actually I'm from Switzerland though, but japanese people don't seem to make a difference. I'm back after a looong brack, having a lot of trouble with the new matchups.

xbl: swedish ryu.
    how the hell were you able to grab the opponent in the corner? this is just impossible in my version of SFA3.
    In the 5th clip demonstrating the corner unblockable, I didn't grab him out of the corner, but instead I crossed the opponent up so that Akuma was the one in the corner.

If you pause at about 0:54 in the video you can see that I do a very late c.SP that faces into the corner, followed by the demon flip. At this point Akuma is in the corner and Ryu is actually "behind" Akuma slightly outside the corner.

The Player 1 corner cross requires you to use a special move that puts you into the corner.

Player 2 can corner cross without this special requirement.
    Let's play.
  • JubeiNinja69JubeiNinja69 Playing To Win Joined: Posts: 1,158
    what about vc's for handheld version characters like yun eagle, t hawk, maki and ingrid? i actually have competition on the psp and alpha 3 max is a good game. ignore the gba version. that's crap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gVh6K_4PdPs
    Strategy Zone lurker
    Could someone please post a transcript of the Akuma VCs.
  • S.Snk3S.Snk3 play time has ended Joined: Posts: 96
    charlie's video is not working for me :sad:
    spliff32000> zangief is the best USSR
    <familyman> what does ussr stand for?
    <spliff32000> you dumb foo
    <s.snk3> U So Silly Ramon.
    A3 noob here, apologies if this has been asked before and I whizzed past it (I read most of the thread and don't think it was) but I've been watching these videos and am having difficulty making Ryu do a dragon punch when I activate V-ism. Outside of this mode it's 100% in execution, but when I try with CC activated, it just comes out as a hadouken, no matter how much I exaggerate the forward part of the motion or how quickly I do it.

Any advice?
    be super precise with your inputs. it's just gay like that. as an aside, if you have a fireball onscreen you can basically mash it out, because you can't throw another fireball
  • S.Snk3S.Snk3 play time has ended Joined: Posts: 96
    A3 noob here, apologies if this has been asked before and I whizzed past it (I read most of the thread and don't think it was) but I've been watching these videos and am having difficulty making Ryu do a dragon punch when I activate V-ism. Outside of this mode it's 100% in execution, but when I try with CC activated, it just comes out as a hadouken, no matter how much I exaggerate the forward part of the motion or how quickly I do it.

Any advice?

are you putting the stick on neutral after you activate?
    spliff32000> zangief is the best USSR
    <familyman> what does ussr stand for?
    <spliff32000> you dumb foo
    <s.snk3> U So Silly Ramon.

Some A-ism stuff for Guy.

If the video quality is low you can try this link instead:

I know most of it was covered in my Guy movie but w/e.
    Let's play.
  • SgCloudSgCloud Lurker Joined: Posts: 27
    Hmm both videos appear to be private to me . Can't watch them.
    SSF2HDR : Chun Li
    SSFIV : Chun Li
    BBCT: Noel
    BBCS: Don't know yet.

Some A-ism stuff for Guy.

If the video quality is low you can try this link instead:

I know most of it was covered in my Guy movie but w/e.

strong feirce roundhouse!? explain:china:?
    The combo includes jab strong fierce [karacancel roundhouse into kick-super]. That sets the trigger for the bushin chain and lets you do strong fierce roundhouse after it.

Because you karacancel the roundhouse the trigger for the bushin chain sticks. That let's you do the fierce elbow and roundhouse of the bushin chain. But that also lets you do strong fierce roundhouse as well. Also you can do close strong fierce roundhouse with the trigger set.

But after a lv.3 kick-super you can also combo his bushin chain normally so the only point in skipping the jab is, well, just to skip the jab.
    Let's play.
    charlie's video is not working for me :sad:

Loads for me...
    Let's play.
    Juni rehash
    Let's play.
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thanks for all those doll vids, that sure shows of some potential. :amazed:
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Rose stuff.

*cough* The person who uploaded this should have posted it here earlier *cough*
    Yeah I didn't notice that video until yesterday, lol. That instant overhead actually looks really useful if you can fuzzyguard with it (which I think you might be able to, dunno).
    Let's play.
  • AgeAge Joined: Posts: 79
    Hey great job on the videos. I'm having a lot of trouble with the blanka rapid fire combo. Can someone transcribe that one combo if its not too much to ask? Thanks
    Guile/Nash/Iceman
  • magneto_xmagneto_x Spirit of Truth Joined: Posts: 1,339
    Can someone please post the transcript for Sakura's vc?
    azn anjelz productions
    STAFF
    Originally posted by Evil Rahsaan

Who are you again? Oh yah...., that's right some random scrub talking shit to everyone over the internet because he's too busy spending his life in his moms basement, jacking off to srk flame wars. Dont try to deny it, it's pretty obvious, i come back from an hour class and you already responded to my post. Dont you have something better to do, besides going though all 8 stages on your dc in mvc2 on level 3 and thinking you are a good player.

TRY BEATING SOMEONE WHO BLOCKS!

Those crazy Dutch sumovabitches..Who would have known?...

-Haiku-
    Magneto Rushdown
    Sentinal Unblockable
    Your Character Dead
    Sakura:

Well not a direct transcript but this is the basic rundown:

Midscreen:

(VC2) dp+LP, HP, [qcb+MK, b+HP]xN

or (VC2) dp+LP, [HP, qcb+MK, b+HP, qcb+MK]xN

or (VC2) dp+LP, HP [qcb+MK, b+HP, qcb+LK, b+HP]xN

Corner:

(VC2) dp+LP, [HP, qcf+HP(whiffs)]xN

Ender:

LP, j.MP, walkcancel, (shadow hits), [j.HP, cc]xN, c.HP, dp+HP, ei ei ei

or [HP, qcf+HP(whiffs)], (shadow hits), j.MP, walkcancel, (shadow hits), [j.HP, cc]xN, c.HP, dp+HP, ei ei ei

Regarding the ender:

for case #2 the opponent's body falls onto the shadow of your last HP, popping them into the air so that your j.MP will hit regardless if they tech or not. If they tech they will be unable to airblock the j.MP if timed correctly.

for case #1 you connect with the LP in order to pop them up into the air for j.MP. Again they can't airblock if they airtech, assuming you timed it right. This one is a little more "loose" though because they can choose to tech recover late, meaning right before the j.MP hits, and therefor use their tech invulnerability to blow through your j.MP's active frames. But for the most part this is valid since most people choose to auto-tech or not tech at all. But be aware that if it is failing then a late-tech could be a possible reason why.

I've also seen some whiff LP setups but I have mixed feelings about those, personally.

Midscreen Unblockable:

Knockdown with her BNB, on shotos and people with the same wakeup speed whiff a c.LP, then jump and activate VC1. On other wakeup speeds you need to experiment with timing. Then:

Crossup j.MK, c.LK, c.HP, c.HP/MK ---->

then c.HK, whiff qcb+LK, whiff LP, crossup j.MK [repeat from crossup]

or dp+LP ---> midscreen VC

Regarding the unblockable: Your crossup j.MK can be blocked normally, but the c.LK hits low at roughly the same time that the shadow of the j.MK hits high, effectively doing a low/high/low over the course of only a few frames, which is essentially impossible to block (therefor unblockable).
    Let's play.