Vid Clips of SFA3 V-ism Character VC's on Youtube

Comments

• ad1swissad1swiss swedish ryu Joined: Posts: 124
    hello

i just registred to see the transcript from akuma. how the hell were you able to grab the opponent in the corner? this is just impossible in my version of SFA3. Can you please post the transcript?

which pad do you use?

regards:lovin:
    They call me swedish ryu because when I joined TRF in Japan people coudnt spell my name. Actually I'm from Switzerland though, but japanese people don't seem to make a difference. I'm back after a looong brack, having a lot of trouble with the new matchups.

xbl: swedish ryu.
  • Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    how the hell were you able to grab the opponent in the corner? this is just impossible in my version of SFA3.
    In the 5th clip demonstrating the corner unblockable, I didn't grab him out of the corner, but instead I crossed the opponent up so that Akuma was the one in the corner.

If you pause at about 0:54 in the video you can see that I do a very late c.SP that faces into the corner, followed by the demon flip. At this point Akuma is in the corner and Ryu is actually "behind" Akuma slightly outside the corner.

The Player 1 corner cross requires you to use a special move that puts you into the corner.

Player 2 can corner cross without this special requirement.
    Let's play.
  • JubeiNinja69JubeiNinja69 Playing To Win Joined: Posts: 1,158
    what about vc's for handheld version characters like yun eagle, t hawk, maki and ingrid? i actually have competition on the psp and alpha 3 max is a good game. ignore the gba version. that's crap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gVh6K_4PdPs
    Strategy Zone lurker
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Could someone please post a transcript of the Akuma VCs.
  • S.Snk3S.Snk3 play time has ended Joined: Posts: 96
    charlie's video is not working for me :sad:
    spliff32000> zangief is the best USSR
    <familyman> what does ussr stand for?
    <spliff32000> you dumb foo
    <s.snk3> U So Silly Ramon.
    A3 noob here, apologies if this has been asked before and I whizzed past it (I read most of the thread and don't think it was) but I've been watching these videos and am having difficulty making Ryu do a dragon punch when I activate V-ism. Outside of this mode it's 100% in execution, but when I try with CC activated, it just comes out as a hadouken, no matter how much I exaggerate the forward part of the motion or how quickly I do it.

Any advice?
    be super precise with your inputs. it's just gay like that. as an aside, if you have a fireball onscreen you can basically mash it out, because you can't throw another fireball
  • S.Snk3S.Snk3 play time has ended Joined: Posts: 96
    A3 noob here, apologies if this has been asked before and I whizzed past it (I read most of the thread and don't think it was) but I've been watching these videos and am having difficulty making Ryu do a dragon punch when I activate V-ism. Outside of this mode it's 100% in execution, but when I try with CC activated, it just comes out as a hadouken, no matter how much I exaggerate the forward part of the motion or how quickly I do it.

Any advice?

are you putting the stick on neutral after you activate?
    spliff32000> zangief is the best USSR
    <familyman> what does ussr stand for?
    <spliff32000> you dumb foo
    <s.snk3> U So Silly Ramon.

Some A-ism stuff for Guy.

If the video quality is low you can try this link instead:

I know most of it was covered in my Guy movie but w/e.
    Let's play.
  • SgCloudSgCloud Lurker Joined: Posts: 27
    Hmm both videos appear to be private to me . Can't watch them.
    SSF2HDR : Chun Li
    SSFIV : Chun Li
    BBCT: Noel
    BBCS: Don't know yet.
  • CBCB Joined: Posts: 2,840

Some A-ism stuff for Guy.

If the video quality is low you can try this link instead:

I know most of it was covered in my Guy movie but w/e.

strong feirce roundhouse!? explain:china:?
    The combo includes jab strong fierce [karacancel roundhouse into kick-super]. That sets the trigger for the bushin chain and lets you do strong fierce roundhouse after it.

Because you karacancel the roundhouse the trigger for the bushin chain sticks. That let's you do the fierce elbow and roundhouse of the bushin chain. But that also lets you do strong fierce roundhouse as well. Also you can do close strong fierce roundhouse with the trigger set.

But after a lv.3 kick-super you can also combo his bushin chain normally so the only point in skipping the jab is, well, just to skip the jab.
    Let's play.
    charlie's video is not working for me :sad:

Loads for me...
    Let's play.
    Juni rehash
    Let's play.
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thanks for all those doll vids, that sure shows of some potential. :amazed:
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Rose stuff.

*cough* The person who uploaded this should have posted it here earlier *cough*
    Yeah I didn't notice that video until yesterday, lol. That instant overhead actually looks really useful if you can fuzzyguard with it (which I think you might be able to, dunno).
    Let's play.
  • AgeAge Joined: Posts: 79
    Hey great job on the videos. I'm having a lot of trouble with the blanka rapid fire combo. Can someone transcribe that one combo if its not too much to ask? Thanks
    Guile/Nash/Iceman
  • magneto_xmagneto_x Spirit of Truth Joined: Posts: 1,339
    Can someone please post the transcript for Sakura's vc?
    azn anjelz productions
    STAFF
    Originally posted by Evil Rahsaan

Who are you again? Oh yah...., that's right some random scrub talking shit to everyone over the internet because he's too busy spending his life in his moms basement, jacking off to srk flame wars. Dont try to deny it, it's pretty obvious, i come back from an hour class and you already responded to my post. Dont you have something better to do, besides going though all 8 stages on your dc in mvc2 on level 3 and thinking you are a good player.

TRY BEATING SOMEONE WHO BLOCKS!

Those crazy Dutch sumovabitches..Who would have known?...

-Haiku-
    Magneto Rushdown
    Sentinal Unblockable
    Your Character Dead
    Sakura:

Well not a direct transcript but this is the basic rundown:

Midscreen:

(VC2) dp+LP, HP, [qcb+MK, b+HP]xN

or (VC2) dp+LP, [HP, qcb+MK, b+HP, qcb+MK]xN

or (VC2) dp+LP, HP [qcb+MK, b+HP, qcb+LK, b+HP]xN

Corner:

(VC2) dp+LP, [HP, qcf+HP(whiffs)]xN

Ender:

LP, j.MP, walkcancel, (shadow hits), [j.HP, cc]xN, c.HP, dp+HP, ei ei ei

or [HP, qcf+HP(whiffs)], (shadow hits), j.MP, walkcancel, (shadow hits), [j.HP, cc]xN, c.HP, dp+HP, ei ei ei

Regarding the ender:

for case #2 the opponent's body falls onto the shadow of your last HP, popping them into the air so that your j.MP will hit regardless if they tech or not. If they tech they will be unable to airblock the j.MP if timed correctly.

for case #1 you connect with the LP in order to pop them up into the air for j.MP. Again they can't airblock if they airtech, assuming you timed it right. This one is a little more "loose" though because they can choose to tech recover late, meaning right before the j.MP hits, and therefor use their tech invulnerability to blow through your j.MP's active frames. But for the most part this is valid since most people choose to auto-tech or not tech at all. But be aware that if it is failing then a late-tech could be a possible reason why.

I've also seen some whiff LP setups but I have mixed feelings about those, personally.

Midscreen Unblockable:

Knockdown with her BNB, on shotos and people with the same wakeup speed whiff a c.LP, then jump and activate VC1. On other wakeup speeds you need to experiment with timing. Then:

Crossup j.MK, c.LK, c.HP, c.HP/MK ---->

then c.HK, whiff qcb+LK, whiff LP, crossup j.MK [repeat from crossup]

or dp+LP ---> midscreen VC

Regarding the unblockable: Your crossup j.MK can be blocked normally, but the c.LK hits low at roughly the same time that the shadow of the j.MK hits high, effectively doing a low/high/low over the course of only a few frames, which is essentially impossible to block (therefor unblockable).
    Let's play.
  • magneto_xmagneto_x Spirit of Truth Joined: Posts: 1,339
    Sakura:

Midscreen:

Corner:

Ender:

or [HP, qcf+HP(whiffs)], (shadow hits), j.MP, walkcancel, (shadow hits), [j.HP, cc]xN, c.HP, dp+HP, ei ei ei

Regarding the ender:

for case #2 the opponent's body falls onto the shadow of your last HP, popping them into the air so that your j.MP will hit regardless if they tech or not. If they tech they will be unable to airblock the j.MP if timed correctly.

for case #1 you connect with the LP in order to pop them up into the air for j.MP. Again they can't airblock if they airtech, assuming you timed it right. This one is a little more "loose" though because they can choose to tech recover late, meaning right before the j.MP hits, and therefor use their tech invulnerability to blow through your j.MP's active frames. But for the most part this is valid since most people choose to auto-tech or not tech at all. But be aware that if it is failing then a late-tech could be a possible reason why.

I've also seen some whiff LP setups but I have mixed feelings about those, personally.

Midscreen Unblockable:

Knockdown with her BNB, on shotos and people with the same wakeup speed whiff a c.LP, then jump and activate VC1. On other wakeup speeds you need to experiment with timing. Then:

Regarding the unblockable: Your crossup j.MK can be blocked normally, but the c.LK hits low at roughly the same time that the shadow of the j.MK hits high, effectively doing a low/high/low over the course of only a few frames, which is essentially impossible to block (therefor unblockable).

^_^ Thx a million my friend. I was having trouble connecting all of the fierce fireball's in the corner for some reason. It felt like I had to do a wierd timing of some sort. Imma try some stuff out tonight. Thx again.:pray:
    azn anjelz productions
    STAFF
    Originally posted by Evil Rahsaan

Who are you again? Oh yah...., that's right some random scrub talking shit to everyone over the internet because he's too busy spending his life in his moms basement, jacking off to srk flame wars. Dont try to deny it, it's pretty obvious, i come back from an hour class and you already responded to my post. Dont you have something better to do, besides going though all 8 stages on your dc in mvc2 on level 3 and thinking you are a good player.

TRY BEATING SOMEONE WHO BLOCKS!

Those crazy Dutch sumovabitches..Who would have known?...

-Haiku-
    Magneto Rushdown
    Sentinal Unblockable
    Your Character Dead
  • metalmike31216metalmike31216 The Wall Joined: Posts: 1,110
    Can somebody post a transcript for Xenozips' Dan VCs?
    :coffee:
    Me + Nanaya Shiki = 1 on 1 Government WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Could someone please post a transcript of the Akuma VCs.

Can someone please fulfill my original request? Thank you.
  • GregoGrego FUCK SALT! Joined: Posts: 364
    Damn xeno, thanks a million for posting a transcript for the sakura stuff, i couldnt for the life of me get the computer to not autoblock trying to transition into her cc ender.
    Nani mo kamo iya ni natta. Nankai mo jisatsu wo hakatta ga shi ni kirenai. Tsukamaete shikei ni shite hoshikatta.
    Fuck all yall -
    ^ Whoever is in that avatar looks so faded, lol.
    Can someone please fulfill my original request? Thank you.
    You should probably check the VC threads for transcripts. It wouldn't be a direct narration or whatever, but it's the same thing, there's a lot of resources for Akuma/Gouki in particular so it shouldn't be difficult to find.

What do you need the transcript for exactly?
    Let's play.
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,781
    came across some T-Hawk vc's

I make Jazz-Hop/Soul-Hop: http://releases.prosodij.co.uk
  • AYGCSMDAYGCSMD Joined: Posts: 98
    Sakura:

Midscreen:

Corner:

Ender:

Regarding the ender:

Midscreen Unblockable:

Thanks. And double thanks for making another Juni video. Do the first set of combos end with HK or MK Cannon Spike?
    LOL "Professional" Gamers.
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604
    V-Dan combo movie by Alioune: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSEhYvUQyA

Basic Birdie combo movie: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QajETvD0ocw
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    New Ryu mid-screen by Alioune:
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • TeyahTeyah Return of the Dragon Joined: Posts: 1,125
    Here's an old V-Akuma combo video I put together back from the days when I used to play on Kaillera, but didn't release for one reason or another. Nothing groundbreaking here, just general all-purpose VCs + a few OTGs for kicks.

I see in frames IRL
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    I hate to say it, but a lot of those VCs are sub-optimal, and there's nothing in there that hasn't already been covered better by the stuff Xenozip and VER put out.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • TeyahTeyah Return of the Dragon Joined: Posts: 1,125
    No, that's fine and I agree. I made the vid in 2001 so it's not like I expected it to hold up well in today's standards.
    I see in frames IRL
    Uhm I dunno if I missed it, but are there any vids of fei long in Vism action....WACHAAAA!!!!!
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    Does anyone happen to have the transcript for the Karin v-ism combo video? I did a search on this thread and couldn't find it.
  • zaemonzaemon Joined: Posts: 8
    Hi..
    I have a query, when I run the combined (Ken Bushin Gokusa) So far so good, but when I have the sequence of the Board, STRG, FRCE and cancel by Bushin Gou Rai Kyaku + RDHS, just nothing happens, I have marked the most quickly as possible, but can not do the super, or to cancel a simple Bushin Senpuu Kyaku otoshi or Bushin Izuna can explain how I can check this sequence to complete this combo .. like your videos ..
    thanks
    thanks
    Hi..
    I have a query, when I run the combined (Ken Bushin Gokusa) So far so good, but when I have the sequence of the Board, STRG, FRCE and cancel by Bushin Gou Rai Kyaku + RDHS, just nothing happens, I have marked the most quickly as possible, but can not do the super, or to cancel a simple Bushin Senpuu Kyaku otoshi or Bushin Izuna can explain how I can check this sequence to complete this combo .. like your videos ..
    thanks
    thanks

can someone help me with my question :sad:
    Help xenozip!!!!!!:confused:
    It's a kara-cancel, as explained in the other threads. You need to input the special move or super at almost the same time as the HK (RH) input. If you're doing the chain into HK super you'll have to input the super then press and release the RH as quickly as possible so that negative edge executes the super.
    Let's play.
    For guy's proximity cancel, i am havin some problems cancelling from the chain into a command move. i have no problems cancelling into a HK move, but i need some advice on how to cancel into guy's qcb+HP.
    Lets say if i wanna cancel into a qcb+HP, i would just tap HP+HK quickly so that the negative edge will do the move, but i cant really pull it out consistently cuz sometimes the qcb HK will come out instead. So can i know wats your input for the move or any tricks that may help?
    Yeah, hold the HK to prevent negative edge on the HK.

So, LP-MP-HP qcb+[HK]~HP
    (hold the HK and press HP at almost the same time)
    Let's play.