Injustice General Guide

2»

Comments

• x_Rock_Lee_xx_Rock_Lee_x The God of Thunder Joined: Posts: 632
    Thanks for this.
    'The Way of the Intercepting Fist.'
  • Ronald_A_KnoxRonald_A_Knox Joined: Posts: 12
    Very good guide, though I feel like you are exaggerating how hard it is to hit-confirm off a jump-in. Is it really that hard for most of the cast? Maybe I am biased because I play Harley Quinn, and j.2, 2, u3 is probably the easiest combo starter I had in fighting games ever.
    PSN: Ronald_A_Knox
    UMVC3: Hawkeye/Doom/Sentinel, Hawkeye/Dante/Sentinel
    Mk9: Reptile
    TTT2: Feng/F.Law
    Injustice: Harley Quinn
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,580
    Very good guide, though I feel like you are exaggerating how hard it is to hit-confirm off a jump-in. Is it really that hard for most of the cast? Maybe I am biased because I play Harley Quinn, and j.2, 2, u3 is probably the easiest combo starter I had in fighting games ever.

It all depends if you have a hitconfirm string. Luckily for Harley, her b22 string is possibly the best hitconfirm string ever since you can do b22 xx TS1 and if it's blocked, the string doesn't even come out fully. And her 2u3 is solid too for hitconfirming.

Other characters aren't as lucky. However if I find that every character in the game (or close to it) has a hitconfirm string I'll gladly change the post.

PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,608 mod
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Zebster wrote: »
    DecaDang wrote: »
    Could you go over the differences between highs and overheads? They seem to be completely different styles of moves in this game.

Until Saitsu puts it up, I can tell you right now that highs are simply attacks that cannot touch a ducking opponent (there were some exceptions in MK9, so there may be some here as well).

Overheads hit ducking opponents.

I'll be putting it up shortly, I just had to work on the Nightwing thread first.

UPDATE DONE: Includes reference to High/Mid/Low/Overheads, addendum on Jump In Attacks, extra information on Airdashes that I forgot to include to begin with.
    Speaking of airdashes, do they have a minimum height restriction or something that prevents people from IADing?

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Zebster wrote: »
    DecaDang wrote: »
    Could you go over the differences between highs and overheads? They seem to be completely different styles of moves in this game.

Until Saitsu puts it up, I can tell you right now that highs are simply attacks that cannot touch a ducking opponent (there were some exceptions in MK9, so there may be some here as well).

Overheads hit ducking opponents.

I'll be putting it up shortly, I just had to work on the Nightwing thread first.

UPDATE DONE: Includes reference to High/Mid/Low/Overheads, addendum on Jump In Attacks, extra information on Airdashes that I forgot to include to begin with.
    Speaking of airdashes, do they have a minimum height restriction or something that prevents people from IADing?

I'm not sure to be quite honest, most of my time is spent with Nightwing who doesn't have an airdash.

Nobody is IADing yet, i can only tell as much.
    Honestly, it doesn't seem like it'd be a wise move either. Remember, you can't attack until your Air Dash completes. IAD'ing would just give your opponent an easier target.
    Honestly wondering why they didn't allow any sort of dash cancel?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    Honestly wondering why they didn't allow any sort of dash cancel?

Seconding so much. Dash cancel into crouch block would end spam's reign(especially online) and force more prediction and mindgames into zoning, which is always good.
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    Seems like they want you to commit to moves in this game. A lot of projectiles actually have a large amount of startup/recovery (but ridiculous hitboxes). B3/F3 are slow but can be MBd to universally punish lots of strings on block, like Lantern's B1 followups.
    Also dash cancelling into crouch block would make some pretty silly infinites, not to mention a lot of strings way more + on block than they were designed to be.
    Flash B22, cancel into Lightning Kick, cancel LK into dash, crouch block, repeat. Stuff like this.
    I am the one true frog.
  • frostycykefrostycyke Optic..wha? Joined: Posts: 735
    Dash canceling might weaken zoning more than the developers wanted. You can still dash and block between projectiles, it just requires tighter timing. Which only matters on-line. Off-line it isn't an issue at all.
    PSN-Frostycyke
  • SollessSolless Needs a better area. Joined: Posts: 623
    Well to those of us who can only find people to play with online, it matters a lot. ;-;
    PSN: Solless
    GFWL: InsaneYami
    I got a bottle of liquid courage, and and the best soundtrack for life.
    Go ahead, bring it! :nunchuck:
    Dash canceling would completely change the balance of this game.

Just going to have to live without it.
    It's just one of those things that makes the game feel wonky. Just like how you drop like a stone after an airdash.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO

I don't think so, you can IAD with WW. It's okay for their wakeup if you're 100% sure they're going to block but they can just d2 you into a combo if they're aware of what you're trying to do. Do aerial backdashes have invincibility?
    I am the one true frog.
  • SollessSolless Needs a better area. Joined: Posts: 623
    Is there a way to pick player 2 color?
    PSN: Solless
    GFWL: InsaneYami
    I got a bottle of liquid courage, and and the best soundtrack for life.
    Go ahead, bring it! :nunchuck:
  • JukedJuked Joined: Posts: 2
    Very informative. Thanks, I learned a lot about meter burning interactables
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How do you tech roll? Is there a specific button you press or moment that you press with a direction?

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Can you tech roll forward?
    It's 1,2,3,4, or down as you hit the ground. Odd timing so I generally mash one or two buttons and it works. And no, you can't tech roll forward.
    I am the one true frog.
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's 1,2,3,4, or down as you hit the ground. Odd timing so I generally mash one or two buttons and it works. And no, you can't tech roll forward.

Thank you.
    And fuck me.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Can't tech roll forward? Who thought that was a good idea?

This is one of the things that works in Ollie's favor. When going for the reset into super, most of what he has to consider is whether or not his opponent is tech rolling and whether he'll have to dash forward super or just plain super. More often than not, dash forward super covers both folks who tech roll and those who don't. Only risk is if someone goes for a wakeup and hits him out of hit.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
2»