[NCR 2013] ChrisG vs SenorTaxi!

adrenaline444adrenaline444 Legendary FootdiverJoined: Posts: 16

Comments

• EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently ChrisG is banned from EVO now due to mouthing off and calling Mr Wizard a **** on twitter.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE keptyouwaitinghuh Joined: Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    I was banned for saying mr wizard plays wii tennis sitting down! :coffee:
    Post edited by SNAAAAKE on
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• OilforthewinOilforthewin RIP HAKAN, YOU WILL BE MISSED. Joined: Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭

And I missed that sadly...
    On Giantbomb some dude:"Speaking as a person who knows nothing of the Ottomans or the Byzantines I can say that they probably made the Byzantines the bad guys because Byzantine sounds more evil than Ottoman. Byzantine is a big complicated word, sounds like a prescription for yeast infection or something. Ottoman on the other hand is the same word used for a cushion to put your feet up. It invokes thoughts of comfort and relaxation."
    ChrisG complaining twitter about PS3 lag and how terrible senortaxi is. You'd think that given that it was announced ages ago that EVO this year would be on PS3 that he'd be practicing on a PS3 to get used to the lag issues. I mean it's not like he doesn't have money from winning tournaments/weeklies to buy a PS3 or get his sponsors to help pay for one as it is a legit training expense and would be needed.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal wrote: »
    Apparently ChrisG is banned from EVO now due to mouthing off and calling Mr Wizard a **** on twitter.
    Where did you hear this? Definitely not true.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate e-sports. His name is not Senor Taxi.

Yoshikawa City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squads - Nova β Doom α/y Ammy β
    Side Nonsense - Shuma/Strange/Ammy, Nova/Vergil/Strange
    Guilty Gear Xrd: learning Ky
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    UNIBEL: Hyde
    USF4: Juri (main), Guile (not a real American), I hate this game
  • KillaFoxKillaFox Started with a hunnid bricks Joined: Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭
    That was hype at the end with those American resets and double devil trigger.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best match of Marvel 3 I've seen in a while. That and Kane vs. Champ.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 798
    I hate e-sports. His name is not Senor Taxi.
    GAVE AWAY HIS POSSESSIONS AND MOVED INTO A CHEVYYYY
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rename the thread please. The name has to be correct.

Screw this e-sports censorship, his name is SEÑOR ASS TAXI.

There has to be the accent and the ASS.
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
  • Cristian88Cristian88 Joined: Posts: 136
    ChrisG complaining twitter about PS3 lag and how terrible senortaxi is. You'd think that given that it was announced ages ago that EVO this year would be on PS3 that he'd be practicing on a PS3 to get used to the lag issues. I mean it's not like he doesn't have money from winning tournaments/weeklies to buy a PS3 or get his sponsors to help pay for one as it is a legit training expense and would be needed.

Kind of hard to get used to randomly dropped frames. NCR matches have been very sloppy overall, wonder if it's due solely to PS3 lag
  • Tha1337nessTha1337ness Pull up to the scene with my scaling missing Joined: Posts: 66
    yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nsfw btw
    http://i.imgur.com/wNIHZHZ.png
    When I meet attractive females, I headbutt them in the breasts to show them I am fertile and ready to mate.
    UMvC3 - Dante/Vergil/Strider - Nova/Spencer/Dr Strange
    SCV - Cervantes, Tira SFxT - Hwoarang x Kazuya, Hwoarang x Guy
    XBL GT - Tha1337ness || Follow my lead! Twitter - @Tha1337ness
    Where did you hear this? Definitely not true.

The banned part might not be true. The **** part is true. I saw it myself and chrisG deleted it later because quote "some people were mad" and he then stated "I stand by it"
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banned thing isn't true. Just a joke.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • RECESSIONTIMERECESSIONTIME clever title Joined: Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

nsfw btw

just a heads up - doing this is now illegal in the US.
    Y'know, ChrisG's wearing 2headphones but using neither douchetasticness is going to eventually be hilarious. I'm waiting for him to come out wearing a belt made of headphones with headphone armbands and shoulder pads.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was wearing two headphones to be funny?
  • Tha1337nessTha1337ness Pull up to the scene with my scaling missing Joined: Posts: 66

nsfw btw

Why/how? And it's not mine.
    When I meet attractive females, I headbutt them in the breasts to show them I am fertile and ready to mate.
    UMvC3 - Dante/Vergil/Strider - Nova/Spencer/Dr Strange
    SCV - Cervantes, Tira SFxT - Hwoarang x Kazuya, Hwoarang x Guy
    XBL GT - Tha1337ness || Follow my lead! Twitter - @Tha1337ness
  • mamesmames Joined: Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    The lag must have gone away after that to allow him to win the tourney. upgraded the ram in the PS3 in between matches or something. Cause it didn't have anything to do with getting pegged by magnum shots, incendiaries, and getting his Doom and Virgil beaten clean by Taxi's regular characters.

ChrisG is gonna lose his shit completely once people figure him out. Ever notice how every single time he loses, it's something else's fault? Always looks down at the stick, which apparently just happens to break every time he loses. He sucks at being a winner, which is irritating, but him sucking at being a loser is gonna be tasty and hilarious.

I respect his play and the fact that he wins, but not much else. Guess that's me getting sucked into the heel shtick :lol:

nsfw btw

Why/how? And it's not mine.

at most, that Xbox is only 7 years old.
    Post edited by mames on
  • nSquarednSquared Joined: Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    All in all, Taxi was playing in the exact same environment as ChrisG. If there was any lag present, both had to endure it equally. He lost, plain and simple.
    Post edited by nSquared on
  • masonmason Joined: Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    So if Mike Ross decided to walk up to them and start punching them both randomly while playing you would say "they both had to endure it equally"?

You could see from the whole tournament that Chris couldn't play anywhere near as smooth as he does on the xbox and it's not really just a "figure him out and he's done", people figure heaps of stuff out but he gets better and better every major.
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!
    mason wrote: »
    So if Mike Ross decided to walk up to them and start punching them both randomly while playing you would say "they both had to endure it equally"?

You could see from the whole tournament that Chris couldn't play anywhere near as smooth as he does on the xbox and it's not really just a "figure him out and he's done", people figure heaps of stuff out but he gets better and better every major.
    The effects of the PS3 were pretty negligible, though.
    Basically the PS3 isn't entirely the reason he lost, but it accounts for him not playing 100 percent certainly. You can't blame your entire loss on simply PS3 because, that's just not really logical but yeah.
    edited May 2013
    So if Mike Ross decided to walk up to them and start punching them both randomly while playing you would say "they both had to endure it equally?"

Please tell me that you're joking. What kind of an analogy is that? How about this. Perhaps, Taxi played a better game? We all have our bad days and, like many have said, they all were aware that the PS3 would be the platform played on. Does he play better on the 360? He very well could but, that wasn't the platform and it was known prior.

Either way, his opponent didn't have an advantage. Blaming it on the platform alone is like losing a race due to road conditions.
    Post edited by nSquared on
  • masonmason Joined: Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    It's more like losing a race on a straight road, because someone randomly dropped a log onto the road.
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!
  • sikwiditsikwidit Joined: Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn how is that salty taste in your mouth from chris's dick man. Yea there is a difference in lag between PS3 and Xbox but it does not change that he knew about what platform it would be played on and that he fuckin lost.

He can go on and talk to people in between matches, cry in between matches, but cant even look the dude in the face when he shakes his hand. Chris may be good and get respect as a player but as a man and human being, this bitch deserves no respect.
    It's more like losing a race on a straight road, because someone randomly dropped a log onto the road.
    He was hopping all the logs, but he tripped over himself more than he should have in that one match.
    sikwidit wrote: »
    He can go on and talk to people in between matches, cry in between matches, but cant even look the dude in the face when he shakes his hand. Chris may be good and get respect as a player but as a man and human being, this bitch deserves no respect.
    On another note, people really, really, REALLY overexaggerate how much of a "bitch" ChrisG really is. Not looking at someone in the face when shaking his hand after a loss is being a bitch? People do that all the time, in all activities. It's a side effect of salt, don't pretend that you never get mad and not look at someone in the face when shaking hands after anything competitive. Talking to people in between matches? It's up to his opponent to not be caught by that, you see guys like JWong and Valle just go "Lol" when he tries that shit. Crying? ... OK, that's a little much, nothing is wrong with crying but it's not necessary to do it in the middle of a match.

Not saying that ChrisG is the nicest, coolest, bestest guy ever, but sometimes when I see people criticize him it's like they're putting him on blast for relatively petty things.

Then, both racers had the same log dropped in front of them at the same time. There was no advantage.

• GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    nSquared wrote: »

Then, both racers had the same log dropped in front of them at the same time. There was no advantage.

Not to defend Chris G, but the PS3's dropped frames don't work like that. The problem with the PS3 is when it goes to drop a frame, they are at random. So while they both have to deal with it - Senor Ass Taxi could have had a "dropped frame" mid-super, while ChrisG had a "dropped frame" during some crucial un-fly.

But as it's been stated, he managed to still with the entire tournament so it all just looks like a bunch of salt.
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    The 'crucial unfly' happens during flight startup, though.
    flagged as spam
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    The 'crucial unfly' happens during flight startup, though.
    I actually just picked "unfly" as something I think a Morrigan player can mess up - I don't exactly know where Chris would claim frames were dropping/etc.
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    He actually claimed he couldn't unfly
    flagged as spam
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭
    He was hopping all the logs, but he tripped over himself more than he should have in that one match.
    On another note, people really, really, REALLY overexaggerate how much of a "bitch" ChrisG really is. Not looking at someone in the face when shaking his hand after a loss is being a bitch? People do that all the time, in all activities. It's a side effect of salt, don't pretend that you never get mad and not look at someone in the face when shaking hands after anything competitive. Talking to people in between matches? It's up to his opponent to not be caught by that, you see guys like JWong and Valle just go "Lol" when he tries that shit. Crying? ... OK, that's a little much, nothing is wrong with crying but it's not necessary to do it in the middle of a match.

Not saying that ChrisG is the nicest, coolest, bestest guy ever, but sometimes when I see people criticize him it's like they're putting him on blast for relatively petty things.

saying that other people do it to doesn't really make not looking a guy in the face while shaking his hand any less of a bitch move. Your just pointing out that the FGC, despite claims of being hard, has a lot of bitch-made people competing.
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    Not looking at someone in the face is a bitch move? It's not sportsmanlike, but really, let's not go as far to claim that not looking at someone in the face when shaking hands makes you total scum.

Not trying to defend ChrisG, but if you want to criticize the guy there are better things to point at.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    highlulu wrote: »

saying that other people do it to doesn't really make not looking a guy in the face while shaking his hand any less of a bitch move. Your just pointing out that the FGC, despite claims of being hard, has a lot of bitch-made people competing.
    It's not a big deal, the one looking like a whiny bitch is you. I'm one of the more critical guys of Chris on here *Seriously, being 36 minutes late for his AE matches is fucking pathetic* but come on, shit like that is no big deal. Some of you niggas are so tight for finding reasons to hate this nigga it's like y'all got a crush on some Helga shit.

And actually being there, I can say that PS3 they were playing on was lagging bad, like worse than any I've seen before. Does it excuse Chrsi's loss? No but I can understand why he feels that way.

Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭
    don't get me wrong i don't hate the guy for it, i'm just saying that regardless of who is doing it the act is disrespectful.
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    edited May 2013
    In a one on one competitive game, you have to expect disrespect. Somebody isn't going to like how you beat then.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on
  • interpunctinterpunct Poison's back! Joined: Posts: 17
    In a one on one competitive game, you have to expect disrespect. Somebody isn't going to like how you beat then.
    So? I expect respect whether I win or not.
    You know how the game is. Just because it's 1v1 it doesn't excuse his behaviour.
    ChrisG has always had a bad behaviour. And after watching Gooteks interview him after the Taxi match, he was blaming everything but himself for losing. I wouldn't mind if this is the first time he does this, but every single time he looses he starts bitching or blaming it on the stick or it's the PS3. There is always something new.

interpunct wrote: »
    So? I expect respect whether I win or not.
    You know how the game is. Just because it's 1v1 it doesn't excuse his behaviour.
    ChrisG has always had a bad behaviour. And after watching Gooteks interview him after the Taxi match, he was blaming everything but himself for losing. I wouldn't mind if this is the first time he does this, but every single time he looses he starts bitching or blaming it on the stick or it's the PS3. There is always something new.

What are you gonna do, tell him to give it to you? You'd have to get far enough in the bracket or randomly draw him first to even get the chance. People always act like somebody should go out there and make a big deal about it, but in the end people just go "ah well its just a video game I got real life yo" and brush it off. Until people start beating him consistently he's just going to keep running to outside factors. The best thing to have happen is just more people beating him consistently so he is forced to be humbled.

What are you gonna do, tell him to give it to you? You'd have to get far enough in the bracket or randomly draw him first to even get the chance. People always act like somebody should go out there and make a big deal about it, but in the end people just go "ah well its just a video game I got real life yo" and brush it off. Until people start beating him consistently he's just going to keep running to outside factors. The best thing to have happen is just more people beating him consistently so he is forced to be humbled.

I do hope he is then forced to be humble because clearly he won't stop being a sore loser anytime soon, sadly. I didn't want to come off as aggressive as I did by the way. I just really think that being a good sport whether you win or not goes a long way and it builds character, let it be in a video game, a chess game, or any other competitive activity. And honestly even though sometimes the FGC can get really rough in a situation where someone loses there are also a lot of people (actually, in my experience the majority of the FGC) who are humble and super cool in these situations of a lot of tension. So I see the FGC as a positive community. But not everything can be perfect in life, c'est la vie.

No one is excusing his behavior, but people are just picking some really petty things to bitch about, seeing that it's the new cool thing to put ChrisG on blast.

Like, who really gives a shit about not looking at people in the face because of handshakes? Who cares that he felt like wearing multiple pairs of headphones? There are better things to criticize ChrisG for doing, let's not nitpick because we don't like him.
    edited May 2013
    No one is excusing his behaviour, but people are just picking some really petty things to bitch about, seeing that it's the new cool thing to put ChrisG on blast.

Like, who really gives a shit about not looking at people in the face because of handshakes? Who cares that he felt like wearing multiple pairs of headphones? There are better things to criticize ChrisG for doing, let's not nitpick because we don't like him.
    IMO not looking at people in the face when you lost or won is a matter of respect. It's not a matter of whether I like ChrisG or not. He's not the only one who does this actually. That being said, when ChrisG fought momochi in SF4 and won he did look at the Momo in the face when shaking his hand. That gives me a negative vibe on his attitude. That's all I'm saying, I'm not nitpicking on ChrisG specifically. He just happens to be the one I'm using as a example.

Post edited by interpunct on
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris is not the only one who does this, a ton of top and lower players do this. Fuck I even do this every now and then./
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    If ChrisG not looking into someone's face when shaking hands after losing gives you a negative vibe then there must be quite a few people that you don't like.

If ChrisG not looking into someone's face when shaking hands after losing gives you a negative vibe then there must be quite a few people that you don't like.
    Honestly, you are totally correct.
    Chris is not the only one who does this, a ton of top and lower players do this. Fuck I even do this every now and then./
    I am aware. I guess I just like sportsmanship.

• traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    Not everyone likes to look strangers in the eyes and/or shake their hand. It isn't always about disrespect.
    traxus wrote: »
    Not everyone likes to look strangers in the eyes and/or shake their hand. It isn't always about disrespect.
    In the Olympics strangers compete against strangers and they shake hands and even hug sometimes even though most if not all of them have never met before. This is not a valid argument in my eyes. Yeah I'm nitpicky but like I said, I like sportsmanship.

• undertheicefloeundertheicefloe The riddle of steel. Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    people who are really into video games lack certain social graces, STOP ALL THE PRESSES IN THE WORLD FOR EVERY NEWSPAPER THAT STILL EXISTS
    XBL: undertheicefloe | MVC3: Haggar / Arthur / Morrigan | ADIDALP: All Day I Dream About Laying Pipe
    You also have to realize that the majority of US sports have people regularly showing far less sportsmanship than Chris. If people are used to it in big sports...just another day here.
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,090
    edited May 2013
    No one is excusing his behaviour, but people are just picking some really petty things to bitch about, seeing that it's the new cool thing to put ChrisG on blast.

IMO not looking at people in the face when you lost or won is a matter of respect. It's not a matter of whether I like ChrisG or not. He's not the only one who does this actually. That being said, when ChrisG fought momochi in SF4 and won he did look at the Momo in the face when shaking his hand. That gives me a negative vibe on his attitude. That's all I'm saying, I'm not nitpicking on ChrisG specifically. He just happens to be the one I'm using as a example.

I've said it many times. ChrisG is one of the best players in Fighting games I've seen in a while. Across the board pretty much. Its astounding how good he is.

Dick sucking aside he is a child. An absolute immature child. Or a Bitch as many are calling him. This is not the only time he's shown disrespect in the most childish fashion. How about the numerous times he's rage quit IN PERSON? He is the definition of an online warrior...offline. Wins using top tier tactics, once someone figures him out its not his fault its the console or his fightstick or the internet causing lag and he plug pulls. He is pathetic as a player. This does no way reflect who he is as a person, although if those tweets reflect anything he still has a ton of growing up to do.

His worst offense I think is that moment last year at EVO where he was in a losing situation against Scrubecks and just let go of the stick with Morrigan at half health. Didn't even try.

Back on the main topic, that match was hype. The moment Vergil and Dante went into Devil Trigger it was like I was watching gameplay of Devil May Cry.

Post edited by NaokiB4U on
    If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.