DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

PeacockPeacock Joined: Posts: 161
edited January 2015 in Fighting Game Discussion
There is no detail on whether this game will be another update which will be a disk release of if it'll be a patch for the current DOA5. But all I know is that this will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 and there is a certain new girl that people might know who is in it and a new stage. More info on this comming soon

Post edited by d3v on

Comments

• PeacockPeacock Joined: Posts: 161
    I hope this has more characters, stages, and costumes. Can't wait to play this one
  • iambuttmustardiambuttmustard Joined: Posts: 253
    I stopped playing DOA after Ultimate but damn, does DOA always look good/cool.
    PSN ID: ROYBROMWELL

Yup, the guy from Rival Schools.
    I stopped playing DOA after Ultimate but damn, does DOA always look good/cool.

You should play it, DOA5 is amazing
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,646 mod
    All they really need to do is make it play as close as possible to last year's E3 version.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,536
    Why?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    d3v wrote: »
    All they really need to do is make it play as close as possible to last year's E3 version.

Yeah I heard people love that version.
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,810
    What was the E3 version like?
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
    E3 version had the best balance between guaranteed damage and holds/counters.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

I think that is a bold statement to say that, unless many people had access to it and explored it thoroughly i don't think that is 100% accurate to say that, imo.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I think that is a bold statement to say that, unless many people had access to it and explored it thoroughly i don't think that is 100% accurate to say that, imo.
    Depends, preference for the E3 version has been expressed by most of the top DOA players who got to try it.

Folks like @Sorwah would be able to explain it better.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• anthonygameranthonygamer A Beast Joined: Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    This has to be an update like how super street fighter 4 Arcade edition is to Super street fighter 4.

All of the DOA5 costume DLC they released can't go to waste. I refuse to pay another $60.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,039
    I was hoping this would be a PS4 launch title.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386
    If they bundle all the costumes Ein Tengu Leon and Eileen from VF ill buy it.

who am I kidding ill buy it day one.
    edited April 2013
    Also if you could hear in the background it's Leons voice

Also if no one knew that's Momiji from Ninja Gaiden

ev15u.jpg
    Oh great, yet another ninja.

Gawd I hope she plays very differently from the other 4.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

She's very different in the Gaiden games. She should transfer over quite nicely. Hope we get Rachel too
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,162
    All I want.

Is The Strongest Man In The World.

YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary
    KOF98UM: Mature/Geese/EX-King
    LB2: Yuki, Washizuka, Hibiki
    She's very different in the Gaiden games. She should transfer over quite nicely. Hope we get Rachel too

OH GOD NO! Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to Rachel you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for Rachel at this micro-instant. For that bitch. Hate. Hate.

She's my most hated female character and possibly character in general in all vidya games. Unimportant, boring to play as, ugly bitch.
    Would rather have Sonia/Irene Lew. I mean she was already an NPC in DOA:D.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

Nothing says that we can only have one or another :P
    What i really want bt is that they include Ein, don't get me wrong Hitomi is cool, but Ein has been my main on every game where he is.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    d3v wrote: »
    Would rather have Sonia/Irene Lew. I mean she was already an NPC in DOA:D.

Totally agree she'd fit in perfectly. I would love to see her with some badass martial art

Hecatom wrote: »
    Nothing says that we can only have one or another :P
    What i really want bt is that they include Ein, don't get me wrong Hitomi is cool, but Ein has been my main on every game where he is.

Yeah I know, they both may have the same moves but she is quicker and he is more powerful (although she is quite powerful and he is quite quick)
    They actually don't have the same moves, they have many similarities, but at the same time they have a lot of stuff that differentiate them besides speed or power
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,059
    Rachel and Momiji please. All Sonia did was shoot a gun, get captured and bitch slapped :/
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    Rachel and Momiji please. All Sonia did was shoot a gun, get captured and bitch slapped :/

Isn't that exactly what Rachel did?
    Irene is also already heavily involved in the series's story investigating DOATEC with Ryu in 2 & 3 and was the CIA liason during the raid on the tritower in 4.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

edited May 2013
    rayplay wrote: »

Is it? When was the last time Sonia took out a greater fiend?
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"

Is it? When was the last time Sonia took out a greater fiend?

Rachel killed a non fodder enemy?
    Yes, Rachel killed Marbus.
    Oh, that NG2 fight. It took a whole 'nother game for her to kill someone relevant (actually no. Considering he was basically a side mission boss, it took her a whole game to kill someone who USED to be SOMEWHAT relevant).
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    Team Ninja should just a blood drenched weapons based fighter. Enough of SoulCali's bland plastic toy aesthetics

GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
    Oh, that NG2 fight. It took a whole 'nother game for her to kill someone relevant (actually no. Considering he was basically a side mission boss, it took her a whole game to kill someone who USED to be SOMEWHAT relevant).

Personal opinions aside, Rachel killed a greater fiend (and other demons), Sonia didn't. That's all.
  • PNVJPNVJ Joined: Posts: 105
    edited May 2013
    5188d6286980b.html

5188d6259d47c.html

5188d62626215.html

5188d626c3d44.html

5188d6286980b.html
    Post edited by PNVJ on
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,050
    Pls be dlc.
    I just bought DoA5 yesterday for 19€.

:3
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,345
    Wow Momiji looks fantastic, I can't wait to see her in action (also hope she has more outfits other that just ninja stuff like some street clothing, school uniform, swimsuit, etc.)

The stage looks cool as well, and Lei Fangs pigtails are back. They look so cute!!!!
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,345
    Neclord wrote: »
    Pls be dlc.

Naw it's gonna be disc release, it said it on the video on the first post in Japanese. Also it's called DOA Ultimate 5 and it's coming out this fall

Monkey66 wrote: »
    Pls be dlc.

Naw it's gonna be disc release, it said it on the video on the first post in Japanese. Also it's called DOA Ultimate 5 and it's coming out this fall

You should be able to download all the content I think.
    It's 1 or 2 new characters right? No way they would do a disc version just for that.

Monkey66 wrote: »
    Pls be dlc.

You should be able to download all the content I think.
    It's 1 or 2 new characters right? No way they would do a disc version just for that.

It will be on disc, the game will have new characters (so far Momiji and possibly Leon) as well as new stages,new costumes and more.

Ok but hopefully you can just upgrade your DoA5 version to Ultimate.
    Because what's with the people who bought the digital version? And what's with all the costumes people bought for the current version?

Here is a new trailer

• SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404
    But...I already paid for the LE of the original game.

The ending suggests Team Ninja has no spine and caved to people whining.
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
    FSD mirror
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    i wish they didnt kill Gen Fu i want them to bring him back and DOA 2 Ein ( before he relalized his nam ewas hayate )
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
    Uh... Gen Fu is playable in DOA5.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

edited May 2013
    I like her so far.
    But...I already paid for the LE of the original game.

Team Ninja is known to release updates for their games. Look how many versions of Ninja Gaiden they have around. DoA itself hasn't been safe. Remember DoA2 Hardcore, DoA3.1 and DoA Ultimate?

As they fucking should, See Ninja Gaiden 3

Well hate Hayashi all you want for NG3 but his contributions to DoA have been mostly a fresh breath of air for the series.

And we don't need no stinkin' Leon!
    Well hate Hayashi all you want for NG3 but his contributions to DoA have been mostly a fresh breath of air for the series.

Uh.....you're the one who said Team Ninja had no spine. Or did you forget? It was like 5 posts ago.

I don't hate Hayashi, he's half smart/half idiot. NG3 was terrible, Razor's Edge is great

I think the breath of fresh air for DOA5 was the smart choice of asking Sega AM2 to help them out.

Hey, one issue isn't related to the other. Being spineless and giving into fan pressure to return Leon to the series isn't related to firming up the gameplay of the game.

But...yeah...Leon...can do without...and so forth...