DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Comments

• ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,476
    How was the netcode on DoA5? This update interests me but I don't really care for any game with bad netcode.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404
    I remember at launch it was pretty bad but I don't know if they ever patched it.
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,052 mod
    edited May 2013
    But...I already paid for the LE of the original game.

The ending suggests Team Ninja has no spine and caved to people whining.

Team Ninja is known to release updates for their games. Look how many versions of Ninja Gaiden they have around. DoA itself hasn't been safe. Remember DoA2 Hardcore, DoA3.1 and DoA Ultimate?

3.1 is a unique case in that it was simply the Japanese version of DOA3... except they made some tweaks and never made it available in the west (Europe on the other hand got another version valled "3.2").
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • PNVJPNVJ Joined: Posts: 105
    I can't wait to play Momiji, I love her Ninjutsu/Aikido style. She might become my favorite Ninja in the game

I can't wait to see her some other costumes
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,336
    Well hate Hayashi all you want for NG3

As everyone should: taking things off NGS, the purple mist on NGS2. Man, to hell with him.

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    True, the gore censoring in Sigma 2 was off-putting.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,950
    Anyone know what will happen with dlc costumes you bought in DoA5?
    Do you have to buy them again in Ultimate?
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
    Neclord wrote: »
    Anyone know what will happen with dlc costumes you bought in DoA5?
    Do you have to buy them again in Ultimate?

Naw, I think you they become unlockable on disk
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,635
    If they don't want to pissed people off than that DLC should carry over into the update.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Evil-Bart2k11Evil-Bart2k11 Bring home the bacon! Joined: Posts: 239
    edited May 2013
    If Capcom can do this with the SF4 & Marvel 3 DLC's carrying over to the updated versions, then Team Ninja can damn sure as hell do this with theirs. They'll be stupid not too.

Outside of the first free pack, the price for the DLC costumes overall is already too damn much as it is and there is no option to buy one character's outfit separately like I had hoped. *Sighs*
    "That was Deadpoolicious, in case you're wondering, that's my new word for awesomeness."
    SSF4AE - Honda/Akuma l UMvC3 - Super-Skrull/Frank West/Akuma/Deadpool l IJ:GAU - Deathstroke
    SFA3 - Honda/Akuma l SFxT - Akuma/King/Hwoarang/Xiaoyu/Pac-Man l SSBM - Dr. Mario/Mario
    STHDR - Honda l SSB4 - Mario/Dr. Mario/Pac-Man/Wario/Sonic/Greninja l SFA2 - Akuma
    Yay Ein is back and Jacky Bryant from Virtua Fighter will be joining the cast as well

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/21/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-adds-jacky-bryant-from-virtua-fighter/
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386
    Good news
    But if your looking Team Ninja give me my Eileen
    Ein and Jacky

519c70f51090f.jpg

519c70f2130ad.jpg

519c70f2a40f4.jpg

519c70f425563.jpg
    Christie costume
    29267203.jpg
    TFW you're faster than lightning.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,757
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Love the new trailer can't wait for more
    Screens.

doa5u_groupb_stage_fov6sbd.jpg
    doa5u_groupb_screensh24s6b.jpg
    doa5u_groupb_screensh1qs22.jpg
    doa5u_groupb_screensh6zshk.jpg
    doa5u_groupb_stage_lou0s21.jpg
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    You could vote for any of these three costumes sets, whichever one wins will be in the free dlc

btn_team_d.png

btn_team_o.png

btn_team_a.png

Vote Here:
    http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/vote_doa
    edited May 2013
    Team A looks the best imo. But is that voting official?
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    I'd like to find out as well.

Paging @Sorwah
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    1-O 2-D 3-A
    Mila needs a nice costume.
    Dunno, not really digging that idol shit.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited May 2013
    l_519f0c36efe23.jpg

14 new swimsuits for the Collectors Edition (minus alpha 152 they are only 13 girls, so it's likely we are getting one more)

Got that info from the japanese amazon
    Post edited by PNVJ on
    NekoMic wrote: »
    1-O 2-D 3-A
    Mila needs a nice costume.

My thoughts exactly
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 497
    Fuck it, I voted for the Idol Set D. <_<
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
    Me too, Ayane>>>Everyone else
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,364
    PNVJ wrote: »
    You could vote for any of these three costumes sets, whichever one wins will be in the free dlc

btn_team_d.png

btn_team_o.png

btn_team_a.png

Vote Here:
    http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/vote_doa

As a fellow AKB48 fan, I have to choose Team O

I do love D and A though.

I'm sure we will get these, but hopefully as pre order bonuses instead of just later dlc.
  • HadoukieHadoukie K-UGER! Joined: Posts: 427
    It's japan only right now, but I'd like to see costume pack A, if we by chance get it
    Hadoukie wrote: »
    It's japan only right now, but I'd like to see costume pack A, if we by chance get it

I'm sure we'll get them, TN isn't gonna make a set of costumes only for one region.

But it's how long it'll be until we get it which is the real question. Could it before or after the release?

• SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 889
    d3v wrote: »

Paging @Sorwah

It's a poll on which DLC to package in the Japanese collector's edition. It's not on which DLC is coming out next. I imagine all of them are coming out post-release.
    Sorwah wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

Paging @Sorwah

It's a poll on which DLC to package in the Japanese collector's edition. It's not on which DLC is coming out next. I imagine all of them are coming out post-release.

Yeah I could see it being just like the bunny swimsuits where Gamestop got the Angels, Amazon got the devils, and Wal-Mart got the DOATEC Divas, and the Premuim Swimsuits were in the CE.

So I could see it being like this for example

Gamestop: Team D
    Amazon: Team O
    Wal-Mart: Team A

Also I could see the sexy swimsuits being in the CE.

I think now we will get it as pre-order since every game now days have some sort of pre-order bonus whether it's a full Collectors Edition or just a code.

Besides, if Team Ninja could let us have extra costumes as pre-orders for DOA5 and DOA5+, then I don't doubt us getting the idol outfits and sexy swimsuits for DOA5 Ultimate
    Team A please
    I would have thought that Momiji would be on Team D
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I would have thought that Momiji would be on Team D

Yeah me to, maybe since they are both sisters and are the main characters of DOA and are the most popular

PNVJ wrote: »
    l_519f0c36efe23.jpg

14 new swimsuits for the Collectors Edition (minus alpha 152 they are only 13 girls, so it's likely we are getting one more)

Got that info from the japanese amazon

If we are getting.another girl we most likely be getting a Virtua Fightet,Ninja Gaiden, or a brand new girl. Can't wait to see
    edited May 2013
    Delete
    Post edited by Monkey66 on
    Now that it has a name, this thread should be called DOA5 Ultimate

Anyway, It hasn't been confirmed for the US/EU but there will be 2 collectors editions in Japan. One being a Kasumi themed one and another being an Momiji themed one

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/24/dead-or-alive-5-ultimates-245-kasumi-momoji-limited-edition/
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,666
    DOa5 is not doa. Its VF vs DOA
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,506
    edited June 2013
    It has 4 (maaaybe 5) characters from VF, how is that a crossover?

After reading comments about it, I think the F2P avenue TN is going is pretty awesome as long as people who have the F2P version and the people who have the retail version can still play each other. Smart move!
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Femto wrote: »
    It has 4 (maaaybe 5) characters from VF, how is that a crossover?

After reading comments about it, I think the F2P avenue TN is going is pretty awesome as long as people who have the F2P version and the people who have the retail version can still play each other. Smart move!

Apparently they can. I'm just hoping this brings more comp.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Quoting this from dustloop
    Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate will be getting a free-to-play model released on Japanese PSN, where you have access to all modes, costumes, and stages (barring the DLC ones, and story mode), and 4 characters (you have to buy the rest for $4 per character).

What is actually interesting news is the character select screen: 02_doa5ultfree01.jpg

If you notice the character select, then you'll see Momiji, Jacky, and Ein (who is wearing shades in his character icon). There are 2 secret slots, one of which would belong to Leon. The other would belong to an as-of-yet-unnamed female fighter. It could be a VF character, or it's entirely possible that it is a new original character like Momiji. The reason I would believe that it's a female is the costume pack that mentions 14 females, but there are 13 besides Alpha-152, and I doubt they'd give her costume.

But, the basic news here is that there are 2 blank slots aside from Momiji, Jacky, and Ein, with one being Leon, and the other being left to reveal.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    edited June 2013
    I like the F2P system being applied to fighters (and I recall posting my worthless opinion somewhere here, advocating the same model seen here). Not sure how much I like restricting the free roster-- if other fighters follow suit, I can imagine nobody but the top/tournament favorite characters getting purchased. I'd prefer having the basic roster for free (like the old Tekken games that had half the roster locked) and limited modes and stages. Or hell, an a la carte system based on your own priorities/preferences.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,072
    rayplay wrote: »
    She's very different in the Gaiden games. She should transfer over quite nicely. Hope we get Rachel too

OH GOD NO! Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to Rachel you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for Rachel at this micro-instant. For that bitch. Hate. Hate.

She's my most hated female character and possibly character in general in all vidya games. Unimportant, boring to play as, ugly bitch.
    Now I hope she makes it.

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,506
    edited June 2013
    Taito wrote: »
    I like the F2P system being applied to fighters (and I recall posting my worthless opinion somewhere here, advocating the same model seen here). Not sure how much I like restricting the free roster-- if other fighters follow suit, I can imagine nobody but the top/tournament favorite characters getting purchased. I'd prefer having the basic roster for free (like the old Tekken games that had half the roster locked) and limited modes and stages. Or hell, an a la carte system based on your own priorities/preferences.

I was used to think the F2P model was dumb, as I prefer having the whole package available from the start but with the PS3 version (maybe 360 too?) being able to have people play against each other whether they have the F2P ver. or retail ver. makes this appealing and opened my eyes. There is room for abuse from the publishers with this sorta model, but how TN is doing it, is a smart move.

I wouldn't want limited stages, but limited modes I'm ok with. Story mode is supposed to be locked with the F2P version, and that's ok with me.

I hope other companies take note, but we'll see if the other Japanese devs (especially Sega) go this route since they are arcade companies.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    edited June 2013
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Quoting this from dustloop
    Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate will be getting a free-to-play model released on Japanese PSN, where you have access to all modes, costumes, and stages (barring the DLC ones, and story mode), and 4 characters (you have to buy the rest for $4 per character).

What is actually interesting news is the character select screen: http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2013/06/02_doa5ultfree01.jpg

If you notice the character select, then you'll see Momiji, Jacky, and Ein (who is wearing shades in his character icon). There are 2 secret slots, one of which would belong to Leon. The other would belong to an as-of-yet-unnamed female fighter. It could be a VF character, or it's entirely possible that it is a new original character like Momiji. The reason I would believe that it's a female is the costume pack that mentions 14 females, but there are 13 besides Alpha-152, and I doubt they'd give her costume.

But, the basic news here is that there are 2 blank slots aside from Momiji, Jacky, and Ein, with one being Leon, and the other being left to reveal.
    It's either of two things. The slot below Bayman and Alpha is Leon, meaning that the slot on the far right is for the 14th female, who will not be another VF character. That, or that slot is for the 14th female who will be another VF character.

Seeing that related characters are aligned vertically, I'm leaning towards the former.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,447
    I would like to see a few new virtua fighter characters in DOA4 Ultimate.
    Also with Rig his prison costume....i might have to pick him up.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7: Nina, Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun Cody Guy

Just in case anyone's interested, here's a handy chart taken from the official site on what the F2P version has.
    0KDeXBZ.jpg
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO